*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

Big Slim Stylee

That’s a brave line up! Well up for this now....

balls😀

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed. We’d only need to beat the Czechs and avoid a hiding to go through probably. However if there is a way to go out by a wafer thin margin, we’ll find it.

It is the hope that kills you.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

It’s a disaster that. 

It is a bit, he's both a defender and an attacker, a danger to the opposition because they can't mark him. 

Tierney out, massive blow for us, but i would've went with Adams upfront, but hayho, it is what it is.

c'mon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Happy birthday Callum MacGregor! Dropped 😀

Correct decision though. Tierney being out is a big, big loss though.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Hope loyalty is rewarded but 4 or 5 better players on the bench imho

Yep. It’s ultra conservative. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Hope loyalty is rewarded but 4 or 5 better players on the bench imho

I was lolking at Fraser , Gordon , Gilmour and Adams on the bench thinking that but at the same time , where do they fit in

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Which is Clarke’s strength as a manager, but also his weakness. 

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

He might be wavering towards the truth....

Is it a disaster though , Tierney has looked ok going forward for us but maybe without having him there the balance will be more natural? Positives guys positives

Malinga the Swinga

How long do we continue to play Marshall on the back of penalty save. Rubbish against Austria and Israel yet still in team? It's like starting game a goal down.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I was lolking at Fraser , Gordon , Gilmour and Adams on the bench thinking that but at the same time , where do they fit in

Not sure on some but Gordon fits in as keeper.

Tierney out is a blow,  particularly as his runs forward create so much space for our forward players.

Adams is a better forward but think Dykes there to help defensively as CZ very strong at set pieces 

16 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I'm unsure if it's because we have not been to a finals or so long or whether we actually have a half decent side this time but the optimist in me is beginning to take over

However history teaches you to just hold back and think again

Can we win at least one of our two 'home' ties....yes and we have  good chance to get to the last 16, no and it will be the same old story from years gone by

I want to join in with much of the country and just predict victory in one of the ties but the side will need to do what all previous sides have not

Lady luck must give us a break sometime

PS Armstrong seems to ne ignored but for me he should be  playing

Might have been mentioned but what previous sides have done will probably be enough to get through the group stage this year.

kingantti1874

that’s a horrendous side. Tierney injured can be accounted for but there’s no pace and no creativity. Defenders all over the pitch. 

pish 

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Which is Clarke’s strength as a manager, but also his weakness. 

I think this game is our best chance of a win and I would have liked to see Forrest and Adams starting

JudyJudyJudy

Reunion for Baccara in 2008 even I think they look good ! The lady in the white dress looks even better than the 1977 😂 I better lay off the booze 😎

Edited by JamesM48

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Reunion for Baccara in 2008 even I think they look good ! The lady in the white dress looks even better than the 1977 😂 I better lay off the booze 😎

Its not the booze its the vaccination…its changed you

Have to say I'm disappointed with that XI. We only play with a back 5 so Tierney and Robertson play together. With Tierney out surely having an extra man in midfield or, another striker would be more attacking. We've essentially lost an attacking threat and replaced it with an extra defender. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Marshall and O'Donnell to me are based on loyalty, Adams is a better player than Dykes, I reckon he could do anything Dykes can in terms of team style. Armstrong used to be the first name I looked for, but not anymore. 

Kind of team I would have expected on Friday, not one to take the bull by the horns, but I have huge respect for Clarke, even if I believe this was a great opportunity to continue the Scotland rebrand, he has gone for the meticulous

John Findlay
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Would have played Che Adams from the start. 

Far better player than Dykes imo.

Dykes is in to combat the Czech aerial threat.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol 😂 

JudyJudyJudy

I can admire a stunning woman and she is 

He just needs his second dose from an army lad

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have to say I'm disappointed with that XI. We only play with a back 5 so Tierney and Robertson play together. With Tierney out surely having an extra man in midfield or, another striker would be more attacking. We've essentially lost an attacking threat and replaced it with an extra defender. 

Thats a great point, dropping out a centre half for Che Adams would completely transform that team

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, kila said:

😂

89EEBDF9-444D-405D-A1A8-E3139F290C83.gif

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Thats a great point, dropping out a centre half for Che Adams would completely transform that team

Playing Stephen O'Donnell when you found Nathan Patterson is the biggest wtf for me. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can admire a stunning woman and she is 

See its changed ya 6months ago you’d have admired her dress n thought hmm would it suit me now your admiring her herself… #stopthevaccine

1 minute ago, kila said:

🤣🤣 always remember an army bloke that worked the door with us telling people they used to play a game called “its only gay if you swallow”. 

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

How long do we continue to play Marshall on the back of penalty save. Rubbish against Austria and Israel yet still in team? It's like starting game a goal down.

yip totally agree, 100% based on loyalty and have a feeling he will cost us today.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

See its changed ya 6months ago you’d have admired her dress n thought hmm would it suit me now your admiring her herself… #stopthevaccine

🤣🤣 always remember an army bloke that worked the door with us telling people they used to play a game called “its only gay if you swallow”. 

Lol 

C1B29AB1-8FE5-4AAF-8289-62B536C8D424.gif

🤣

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

There was also a game called spunky biscuit.😂

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dykes is in to combat the Czech aerial threat.

Yup exactly.

Tierney out means we can have another taller defender so might actually help us

(trying to be optimistic but failing!)

Fozzyonthefence

A bit disappointed with that.  Knew he would play Marshall so no surprise with that but still the wrong decision, play the man in form and the one who’s been a better goalkeeper for the best part of 2 decades ffs!

Cant understand Dykes instead of Adams, that’s bizarre - another case of blind loyalty?  Play the striker that’s playing and scoring goals at a higher level, surely?

At least Armstrong is playing instead of McGregor..

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

yip totally agree, 100% based on loyalty and have a feeling he will cost us today.

He was struggling to keep in the derby county team yet Steve Clarke considers Marshall deserves a start

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Having trained and played for months in that formation it would be suicide to change it because Tierney is injured - even if that was the reason for the formation.

We don’t know when the injury was but the squad will have been training that formation the past few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A bit disappointed with that.  Knew he would play Marshall so no surprise with that but still the wrong decision, play the man in form and the one who’s been a better goalkeeper for the best part of 2 decades ffs!

Cant understand Dykes instead of Adams, that’s bizarre - another case of blind loyalty?  Play the striker that’s playing and scoring goals at a higher level, surely?

At least Armstrong is playing instead of McGregor..

with dykes he is probably thinking dykes has done well before v them 

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Very Conservative line up.

Gordon, Patterson, Gilmour and Adams should be starting.

gordon and adams at least should be in.