• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

You hearing the same about Mceneff??

If you mean going out I think I mentioned he was going to be limited a few weeks ago and most likely would go, since then have been told we hadn’t made a final decision possibly was due to not getting devlin in when we wanted. You heard it’s definite? 

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah I agree, we went down both times under exceptional circumstances. Just tired of hearing the usual taunting online from other fans, everyone hates Hearts it seems 😅

Good.

KyleLafferty

I like McEneff but I can’t see him getting into the team. Which shows you the quality we actually have. Years passed he would have walked in.

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

If you mean going out I think I mentioned he was going to be limited a few weeks ago and most likely would go, since then have been told we hadn’t made a final decision possibly was due to not getting devlin in when we wanted. You heard it’s definite? 

The people that think he is our best, most forward thinking midfield player, will be deeply disappointed.

Just like those that have decided he's our fix at RWB.

He's become one of those guys who seems to get better and better with every game he doesn't play

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I went to the money grabbing ***** two testimonials. That was before a frankly appalling record as manager and DoF where he wasted millions of our money.
He can go **** himself now and I hope Brechin go bust. 

Bang on, Pas.

2 hours ago, heisenberg86 said:

Joe Savage spoke at the plot ceremony today and said we’re looking to get an attacker with pace and a 3rd choice GK in before the end of the window, also said we’re trying really hard to get Souttar to sign an extension. Also said he wants us to win the league! That’ll do me 

The Souttar comment doesn't really match what he has been saying in interviews - informal brief chats with the manager, early stages etc.

Starting to get a slightly uneasy feeling about him extending.

Really hope I am wrong.

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

All but done and finalised today is the whispers i have heard. Can't sit well if Pollock has just gotten back from injury and is ahead of him. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Those runs are seared into my mind.

Never put us in trouble and often led to a goalscoring opportunity or a Hearts goal.

My favourite Hearts central defender.

You're right.

Souttar does have that ability.

It was exciting. The whole crowd got behind him. Like a Giraffe strolling through the Serengeti. 

27 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Roberts has an offer up here and multiple down south. Popescu Harder to move but has offers abroad 

Thought roberts would have gone back to Motherwell. Popescu does enjoy Edinburgh going by his Instagram 

9 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

All but done and finalised today is the whispers i have heard. Can't sit well if Pollock has just gotten back from injury and is ahead of him. 

Loan or permanent?

I did think a loan was a possibility considering his chances of getting in the team are minimal. I think he might have something about him, though, so  I'd probably prefer that to getting rid altogether.

Well we could be talking 4 out.  We currently have 24 first team squad. Will most like want 24-25 man squad. Could still sign after transfer market shuts. 

14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It was exciting. The whole crowd got behind him. Like a Giraffe strolling through the Serengeti. 

The roars of approval started as soon as Davy picked the ball up on the edge of our box.

Always ended up in a round of applause for Slim.

jamboinglasgow

Would be gutted if McEneff left as I wanted him to succeed but if he is behind so many other players with others coming in there is no point him staying.

McEneff at least offers something a bit different in the middle of the park. I’d keep him, plus feel he hasn’t been given enough gametime in his position. 

Came on at left wing last Sunday ffs 😂

Captain Canada

Interesting chat about McEneff. I totally appreciate that not every signing works out for a variety of reasons. 

However, if my memory serves me right, Neilson was the manager when we signed Roberts, McEneff, Popescu and Frear. 

After Tuesday, there may be none of them left at the club. McEneff would be the most disappointing departure if he does go, having paid a fee for him not so long ago. 

I'm hoping the previous lack of accountability for new signings that didn't work out might change now we have a better structure in place. 

Edited by Captain Canada

A_A wehatethehibs
23 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The people that think he is our best, most forward thinking midfield player, will be deeply disappointed.

Just like those that have decided he's our fix at RWB.

He's become one of those guys who seems to get better and better with every game he doesn't play

Yep another KB myth of a player, somehow a player not being good enough to get a start in the team gets spun round to this “no getting a chance” total pish 

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Interesting chat about McEneff. I totally appreciate that not every signing works out for a variety of reasons. 

However, if my memory serves me right, Neilson was the manager when we signed Roberts, McEneff, Popescu and Frear. 

After Tuesday, there may be none of them left at the club. McEneff would be the most disappointing departure if he does go, having paid a fee for him not so long ago. 

I'm hoping the previous lack of accountability for new signings that didn't work out might change now we have a better structure in place. 

Aaron McEneff seals Hearts transfer as Jambos land in-demand midfielder in £175,000 deal

Shamrock Rovers playmaker was also attracting interest from the English Championship but it’s understood the attacking midfielder was swayed by the prospect of better game time at Tynecastle.

InternationalJambo
14 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Loan or permanent?

I did think a loan was a possibility considering his chances of getting in the team are minimal. I think he might have something about him, though, so  I'd probably prefer that to getting rid altogether.

Believe we were pushing for permanent as he doesn't fit our style of play.

McEneff comes across as a really nice guy and a really wanted him to do well but it's just not worked out for him.  I was expecting a lot more from a player we paid a 6 figure fee for.

It would probably be best for all parties if we could move him on and recover a chunk of the cash we paid for him.

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I really hope not. Guys not been given a chance to prove himself in his own position,the one he was brought in to play. And he was Savages first signing. Strange if true.

And did we not pay a fee of around £200k for him?

Edited by feej

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Aaron McEneff seals Hearts transfer as Jambos land in-demand midfielder in £175,000 deal

Shamrock Rovers playmaker was also attracting interest from the English Championship but it’s understood the attacking midfielder was swayed by the prospect of better game time at Tynecastle.

Cheers. I'm not convinced he deserves a regular start as I've really not seen enough of him.

However, we don't often pay six figure sums for players so I'm wondering why what's changed our minds in the short time he's been here?

Maybe the player is really pushing to get away as he thought he'd be playing more? 

It just feels a bit strange if we do cut ties so quickly. 

Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Wasn’t McEneff a Savage/Neilson signing? 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Cheers. I'm not convinced he deserves a regular start as I've really not seen enough of him.

However, we don't often pay six figure sums for players so I'm wondering why what's changed our minds in the short time he's been here?

Maybe the player is really pushing to get away as he thought he'd be playing more? 

It just feels a bit strange if we do cut ties so quickly. 

took his goal really well against Celtic and that’s what we were told his role would be but he’s probably played far too deep. Came on against st Mirren and hit the post 25 yards out

Rick Sanchez

I think McEneff was a panic signing tbh. We were all crying out for a bit of forward passing and creativity in the centre last season. It was that bad that after his debut we got excited at witnessing a few forward passes, it was that alien to us.

Five figure fee and only given a two and a half year deal was a strange one. I'm guessing we'll try and recoup what we can.

I'm guessing Devlin is taking his place as a run all day ball carrier.

Would like to keep McEneff as well. But if he wants game time and feels he can do that somewhere else. Will be hard to stand in his way.

8 minutes ago, andrew said:

McEneff comes across as a really nice guy and a really wanted him to do well but it's just not worked out for him.  I was expecting a lot more from a player we paid a 6 figure fee for.

It would probably be best for all parties if we could move him on and recover a chunk of the cash we paid for him.

He’s not been given a chance - we’ve barely seen him play. Scored against Celtic and 

6 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Wasn’t McEneff a Savage/Neilson signing? 

yup, and someone Savage had an eye on before he even came to us.

unfortunately it just doesn't work our sometimes, I'd rather in that case we shipped them out early and got a replacement than they hang around getting paid for nothing.

not their fault, not ours, just didn't work so we move on.

50 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b3q76pyu9wemu232v755

Looks like your overWHELMing there my boy.

Save the excitement hopefully your gonna need it all.

41 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Mceneff doesn’t seem to be rated by neilson but not been given a fair crack of the whip

This 100%. Feel really sorry for him, out of the games he’s played he’d be lucky if he’s played in his ‘normal’ position twice. 

Kidd’s Boots

Disappointing to read the speculation around McEneff tonight. Had some good games in the run in last season and chipped in with some important goals. Always made himself available for the ball, no look very comfortable with it.

Rick Sanchez

Our previous target Stuart Findlay has had 204 minutes of action in 5 months. I'm sure he's living his best life but what a waste.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Our previous target Stuart Findlay has had 204 minutes of action in 5 months. I'm sure he's living his best life but what a waste.

Its a job at the end of the day. Don't blame anyone for it, which I think you are saying 

BackOfTheNet

IF we let McEneff go as he’s not part of Neilson’s plans and he himself will (understandably) not be happy with lack of game time, I would prefer it was a loan. And a loan to another Premiership side. Let him get used to the league elsewhere if that’s the case. Hell, use him as a makeweight to try and get someone in. Like loan him to St. Johnstone plus a little cash and a sell on % for Ali McCann for example.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Another CB? Seems unlikely.

He would allow Kingsley to slot in at LWB as an option. Cochrane is solid but no thrills and so is Smith tbh. We could do with an attacking option.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

IF we let McEneff go as he’s not part of Neilson’s plans and he himself will (understandably) not be happy with lack of game time, I would prefer it was a loan. And a loan to another Premiership side. Let him get used to the league elsewhere if that’s the case. Hell, use him as a makeweight to try and get someone in. Like loan him to St. Johnstone plus a little cash and a sell on % for Ali McCann for example.

I like your thinking even if probably wishful 

34 minutes ago, King prawn said:

He’s not been given a chance - we’ve barely seen him play. Scored against Celtic and 

He's played 19 times, if we was going to be a star player for us he'd have shown it by now IMO.

jamboinglasgow

I do wonder if we sign Branthwaite if it would mean Halkett could move on, with Kingsley and Smith able to play centre back, and 3 strong Centre backs in Souttar, Moore and Branthwaite.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***