• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

With or without Devlin?

3 after him. 

Defender, Goalkeeper, Striker. 

Striker is real quality 👍

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Mcaneff has showed more than Halliday IMO. Good player when he's given the chance 

Definitely. 

InternationalJambo
11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

With or without Devlin?

Without. Two are very close & we are close to securing the other but it all depends on tomorrow and said clubs outgoings. Going to be an interesting few days .

Edited by InternationalJambo

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

3 after him. 

Is it? Obafemi:vrwow:

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

3 after him. 

Permanent or loan?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can play right back also apparently. 

Could be with different players in we might go to a back four sometimes where we would need a right back?

Pasquale for King
Just now, merrymac said:

Could be with different players in we might go to a back four sometimes where we would need a right back?

Absolutely. Taylor Moore can play there too so that’s three possibles for the position if we sign this guy. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What is the point?

Let’s no go over it all

again, I’ve bored enough folk with it. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can play right back also apparently. 

He's left-sided. Pretty sure he's an out-and-out centre-back as well.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. Taylor Moore can play there too so that’s three possibles for the position if we sign this guy. 

Think we might see a change from back 3 then.

Wing back is a very important position with that formation, so surprised we haven't strengthened there.

On that basis, If Halkett is out there is no need to always play a three

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s no go over it all

again, I’ve bored enough folk with it. 

Phew 😮💨 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Mceneff doesn’t seem to be rated by neilson but not been given a fair crack of the whip

We paid £100,000 for him 8 months ago.  I can’t believe we are just going to let him go out on loan. 

Vlad the impaler

We shouldn’t be moving McEneff on as a couple of injuries in midfield and we’re light again. He also is different from a lot of them where he plays positively. Far too quick to cast aside and not a great look for our management who forked out a transfer fee to get him🙄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

The link that was shared said he could play on either side, don’t know anything much about him. Transfer market says left footed. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

We shouldn’t be moving McEneff on as a couple of injuries in midfield and we’re light again. He also is different from a lot of them where he plays positively. Far too quick to cast aside and not a great look for our management who forked out a transfer fee to get him🙄

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Would rather Walker out the door before McAneff 

Fair point. 

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He’s also out of contract at the end of the year.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think we might see a change from back 3 then.

Wing back is a very important position with that formation, so surprised we haven't strengthened there.

On that basis, If Halkett is out there is no need to always play a three

Gives us options, will be interesting to see who plays in what formation by the time they’ve all settled in by the end of September or beginning of October. 

Pasquale for King

Apart from maybe 2005 this is shaping up as one of the best transfer windows ever. 
Huge pats on the back to all concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gives us options, will be interesting to see who plays in what formation by the time they’ve all settled in by the end of September or beginning of October. 

It might also free Kingsley up to play further forward which would give us better crossing ability hopefully

Pasquale for King
Just now, merrymac said:

It might also free Kingsley up to play further forward which would give us better crossing ability hopefully

He is the best attacking full back we have, it’s just whether his fitness is up to it. I think it’s part of the reason he’s been playing at LCB as it’s less running. He seems to be playing one game and missing for the next. 

Tennant's  6's
8 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

This is where I'm at. 

Defo worth keeping unless he's looking for a move. He could play in 343 or 4231 that Robbie's played this season. 

Gotta trust the judgement of those in charge,but there's afew others that idmove on before McEneff. 

36 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Mcaneff has showed more than Halliday IMO. Good player when he's given the chance 

Has he **** 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Tom Hardy’s Dug

People keep on harping on about a back 4 - but everyone moans tae **** when we change to a back 4 in games.

3-4-3 is the only formation we have looked vaguely decent in for months now - why the rush to change it. We have barely lost a game playing that formation, if at all?

3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

If, say Devlin and Baningime, both get injured at the same time (which would be very unlucky) we'd still have Halliday and Haring, as well as younger players like Pollock. Woodburn can also play an attacking central role.

As I said earlier, I'd probably prefer to keep him in case he comes good, but he hardly set the heather alight when he got a run of games in the Championship, so there's not much evidence to suggest he's going to make an impact in the the league above. That's especially true if he's not going to get a regular start for us.

Most people agree we need more signings. If getting our 5th choice CM off the books frees up enough wages to help us strengthen more lacking areas then it's a bit of a no-brainer, really.

Hungry hippo
24 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We paid £100,000 for him 8 months ago.  I can’t believe we are just going to let him go out on loan. 

Going on loan might improve his chances with us long term. If he could do really well on loan could return ready to move up the pecking order.

Clearly already behind Beni, Haring, Halliday and Devlin will be given his chance too. I wouldn't see a loan move as writing him off 

McEneff really hasn’t played many games for us, and a fair few of the appearances he has had have been as a sub.

If he was worth paying money for last season, it’s worth keeping him around for a while, even as a squad player. I’d be disappointed if we sent him out on loan.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

****ing gagging to know more about this mystery striker

Can't stand the suspense lol

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

McEneff really hasn’t played many games for us, and a fair few of the appearances he has had have been as a sub.

If he was worth paying money for last season, it’s worth keeping him around for a while, even as a squad player. I’d be disappointed if we sent him out on loan.

Agreed 

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

****ing gagging to know more about this mystery striker

And not just you.

Players like Beni, Cochrane and Woodburn are at Hearts because they don’t want to sit on the bench or in the stands and we admire them for that.

Could be Mceneff is that type of player, wants to be playing and we can’t guarantee that, if so fair play.

He reminds me of Olly Lee, on paper should be what we need but doesn’t show it enough and the fans start to think he is better than he is!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Tynecastle still feels like a revolving door with all the comings and goings on the high turnover side of the squad If McEneff goes out within 8 months just casts a doubt on the judgement of who signed him in the first place, where is the belief in the player?

I'm all for continual improvement of the squad but why sign a player and not give him a decent chance, other players in the team will be wondering if they will be next out of the door, we need a stable settled squad 

Is their still a pathway for academy players to have ambitions to play in the first team? 

Looking forward to the next couple of days to see where we are squad-wise. Pretty exciting stuff.

1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Tynecastle still feels like a revolving door with all the comings and goings on the high turnover side of the squad If McEneff goes out within 8 months just casts a doubt on the judgement of who signed him in the first place, where is the belief in the player?

I'm all for continual improvement of the squad but why sign a player and not give him a decent chance, other players in the team will be wondering if they will be next out of the door, we need a stable settled squad 

Is their still a pathway for academy players to have ambitions to play in the first team? 

Think it’s important on mceneff that he was signed before savage and the change of recruitment staff were brought into the club. With change players will always end up needing to move on. Recruitment under the new team has been excellent  and is an exciting prospect with young players coming in

magicjohnston
11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Think it’s important on mceneff that he was signed before savage and the change of recruitment staff were brought into the club. With change players will always end up needing to move on. Recruitment under the new team has been excellent  and is an exciting prospect with young players coming in

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-sign-irish-midfielder-aaron-mceneff-joe-savage-gets-long-term-target-3120043

This says Joe savage had been tracking him for years...so surely was a savage signing? Bit gutted if he ends up out already

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I doubt we’d let a £175k signing go on a free. Weird one but I do kind of see/understand how things have moved on a bit since we originally signed him.

I have also read that Devlin not only gets stuck in but also pushes forward so I wouldn’t worry about not having a midfielder who can’t take the ball forward

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***