***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

The more i hear about Woodburn the more mental it seems, told he was ready to make his way up here on Tuesday but was asked to wait to speak to klopp on Wednesday morning where he was told he may be needed. Since then the player made it clear he wanted to join this week so he could be part of the game on Sunday, instead it seems he will be sitting in the stand watching Liverpool instead of actually playing a game. In short we have a Liverpool player pushing for a move to hearts 😂 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

22 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Desperately need a good CB to give Halkett a boot up the arse/scare and challenge for starting spot.

Really want a RB/RWB, they don't need to oust Smith but someone that doesn't let Smith coast I'd be happy with 

Which is why we should've went for Steven O'Donnell when we had the chance.

I'd have happily taken Shay Logan at the time just for a season and someone to give Smith a wee bit competition or even a rest every so often, particularly if he's away with N. Ireland.

Arthur Morgan
9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The more i hear about Woodburn the more mental it seems, told he was ready to make his way up here on Tuesday but was asked to wait to speak to klopp on Wednesday morning where he was told he may be needed. Since then the player made it clear he wanted to join this week so he could be part of the game on Sunday, instead it seems he will be sitting in the stand watching Liverpool instead of actually playing a game. In short we have a Liverpool player pushing for a move to hearts 😂 

I now officially hate Klopp, what a prick.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Bizarre isn't it? ...going forward, it bodes well that we're having these kinds of 'problems' with potential signings. It must mean, at last, that we're on the right tracks with some serious professionals at the helm (hopefully!)

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Hope we push the boat out at Centerhalf. I bet if we do concede v Aberdeen it will come from a cross or set piece header. 

Aye, that's my issue with not recruiting a dominant central defender as yet. We're not great in the air at the back and i feel we could lose quite a few goals from said set-pieces and the reason i mentioned it earlier in the thread. It's also a bonus at the other end when we're attacking corners and free-kicks ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Aye, that's my issue with not recruiting a dominant central defender as yet. We're not great in the air at the back and i feel we could lose quite a few goals from said set-pieces and the reason i mentioned it earlier in the thread. It's also a bonus at the other end when we're attacking corners and free-kicks ourselves. 

It should have been the first position we should have been concentrating on since the end of last season.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ironically, this is where Popesu done well... didn't score many but I lost count of the amount of times he got his head to the ball. Defo require a strong imposing CB... should have been after one in January IMO.

22 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd have happily taken Shay Logan at the time just for a season and someone to give Smith a wee bit competition or even a rest every so often, particularly if he's away with N. Ireland.

😳 

Neilson could just dig his boots out if we're that desperate for someone who can get forward from RWB and then shank it behind for a goal kick

Rick Sanchez

To be fair...Edinburgh Derby debut anyone?

Would have been nice to push for a permanent and net a fee for him but with him being out of contract you'd think plenty other clubs will be offering him a deal. Or Liverpool will extend him by a year before he comes and they'll net a fee.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😳

Neilson could just dig his boots out if we're that desperate for someone who can get forward from RWB and then shank it behind for a goal kick

Or make a last ditch tackle saving a goal in a cup final 

The Apprentice
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm pretty sure we can find better options than the two you have mentioned. Logan was/is on the wind down and got himself a club where he will be paid well for being part-time so he can start to focus on his business after football. O'Donnell, meh. A run-of-the-mill right back in Scottish football terms. 

It's accepted that Smith isn't getting any younger and perhaps he doesn't offer as much an attacking RWB, but as a club I hope we are looking for someone younger to challenge him if they think the likes of Cammy Logan won't be up to it anytime soon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I trust in our management,  doing a fine job right now, how anyone can complain, well they are talking through ignorance right now. 

August 31st maybe different 

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I must admit I've not followed O'Donnell's domestic career closely but fair to him for also matching Robbie on that front.

BackOfTheNet

If nothing today, and nothing at the weekend of transfer (non) business as usual, we will get to Monday and just over a week of the window left.

:waiting:

Edited by BackOfTheNet

John Findlay
46 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Or score the winner in the last minute in an away Uefa Cup group game in Switzerland.

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If nothing today, and nothing at the weekend of transfer (non) business as usual, we will get to Monday and just over a week of the window left.

and then when the window closes we’ll see the usual EEN article talking about potential free agent targets

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Frustrating is the word mate ,  Devlin and Woodburn almost done but seems to be dragging on ! All we want is the scarf above the head 

D060810E-EA0A-499B-8075-2C199111056B.gif

9FC27317-5675-4555-964B-91E0EF041650.gif

Edited by One five

Horatio Caine

BBC reporting that United have just signed a Welsh international midfielder on loan from Man Utd.  It's not on the BBC website though (probs because it's not OF).

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Or score the winner in the last minute in an away Uefa Cup group game in Switzerland.

Scenes

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

BBC reporting that United have just signed a Welsh international midfielder on loan from Man Utd.  It's not on the BBC website though (probs because it's not OF).

Is it Giggs? 😏

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

There's no way he would be absent from match prep training on a Friday if there was a chance of him playing this weekend. He's not in training today, therefore he won't be in their squad this weekend. Whether he makes it into ours is another question, but I'm taking it as a done deal and that he's probably sitting in his car right now somewhere on the M6. 

Genuine question. What was the source for him not training?

Hadn't read through the 6 pages I'd missed before posting.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is it Giggs? 😏

Can't remember his name but I don't think he's allegedly a sex offender

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Genuine question. What was the source for him not training?

Hadn't read through the 6 pages I'd missed before posting.

was on some Kop news site, somebody posted a link somewhere

If Woodburn wasnt training yesterday today (or isnt in the squad for the weekend) wouldnt he be in the stands at Tynecastle watching our game rather than the Liverpool game even if he can't play?

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Its been added to the Scottish football news on the BBC website about 5 minutes ago. He looks a really good player too. 

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can't remember his name but I don't think he's allegedly a sex offender

Dylan Levitt , 20 , 9 caps for Wales part of their Euro squad i think

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Dundee United have signed midfielder Dylan Levitt on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

The 20-year-old has nine caps for Wales and was included in the Euro 2020 squad, appearing as a late substitute in a group-stage defeat to Italy.

He has made one Europa League start for Manchester United.

"Dylan is a versatile midfielder who enjoys controlling games and producing assists for attacking players," said Tannadice head coach Thomas Courts.

United seem to be making a few signings.

Finland international Ilmari Niskanen is finally set to complete his move to Dundee United and boss Thomas Courts insists he worth the wait.

United will unveil Niskanen, 23, as their fourth summer signing in the next few days.

They have agreed a fee with Bundesliga 2 club FC Ingolstadt 04 and personal terms with Niskanen.

The move to sign the six-times capped star – identified as a signing target last month – has been held up by work permit issues.

Courts understands the frustration felt by United fans keen to see new arrivals but believes his patience will pay off with Niskanen.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Dundee United have signed midfielder Dylan Levitt on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

The 20-year-old has nine caps for Wales and was included in the Euro 2020 squad, appearing as a late substitute in a group-stage defeat to Italy.

"Dylan is a versatile midfielder who enjoys controlling games and producing assists for attacking players," said Tannadice head coach Thomas Courts.

Saw a clip of him earlier,  looks a real talent to be fair. Only 20 though,  so in need of experience.  

Arthur Morgan
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's a great signing tbf. 

32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wow, O'Donnell has a lot more similarities with Neilson than I first thought!! 

Maybe we should sign him...but definitely as a RB not a RWB!

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

United seem to be making a few signings.

Finland international Ilmari Niskanen is finally set to complete his move to Dundee United and boss Thomas Courts insists he worth the wait.

United will unveil Niskanen, 23, as their fourth summer signing in the next few days.

They have agreed a fee with Bundesliga 2 club FC Ingolstadt 04 and personal terms with Niskanen.

The move to sign the six-times capped star – identified as a signing target last month – has been held up by work permit issues.

Courts understands the frustration felt by United fans keen to see new arrivals but believes his patience will pay off with Niskanen.

They've been after that boy for 2 years. I thought Hearts might sign him. Looks a very decent player. Two good signings for Utd. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Is it? You watch a lot of Man Utd youth games I presume to make such a statement.

We signed keeper on loan from Man Utd and I seem to recall he had poppadoms for hands.

May be good, may be shite, we have to wait and see.

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If Woodburn wasnt training yesterday today (or isnt in the squad for the weekend) wouldnt he be in the stands at Tynecastle watching our game rather than the Liverpool game even if he can't play?

You'd hope so considering Liverpool play at lunchtime tomorrow.

If they get through the game with no injuries tomorrow that’s hopefully all we need as a thumbs up for the move to go through.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's a really good loan signing.You know he will be hungry to do well and impress as it will be what keeps him in the international frame.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is it? You watch a lot of Man Utd youth games I presume to make such a statement.

We signed keeper on loan from Man Utd and I seem to recall he had poppadoms for hands.

May be good, may be shite, we have to wait and see.

Yep very good player with a lot of upside.

Gone to a team where he’ll likely get 25-30 games as well fair play. Seen a point on Billy Gilmour going to Norwich will develop him off the ball more than it will on it and this may be a similar thing where his awareness defensively will come on leaps and bounds as United won’t have a lot of the ball in most games.

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I now officially hate Klopp, what a prick.

I get where you're coming from. But he's simply doing what he thinks is right for his club. Ensuring the team have enough cover - whilst also sending an indirect message to the board (and their fans) that he's having to utilise fringe players as opposed to spending big on a transfer signing.

Dundee Utd needed to make signings to be fair.  Thought they looked very weak at the start of the season then lost Shankland but with these two players (who look like very good signings) they’ll probably do ok.  They have an excellent keeper too but there might be interest in him before the deadline.

13 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I get where you're coming from. But he's simply doing what he thinks is right for his club. Ensuring the team have enough cover - whilst also sending an indirect message to the board (and their fans) that he's having to utilise fringe players as opposed to spending big on a transfer signing.

Looking on here he seems to have about nine fit midfielders to choose from excluding Woodburn.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/08/predicting-the-liverpool-lineup-vs-burnley-as-jordan-henderson-returns/

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It should have been the first position we should have been concentrating on since the end of last season.

We might have been. 

I'd rather not sign any old shite for the sake of it. 

Too many 'Mum Mum it's not fair' type posts trying to criticize Klopp

His job is to manage Liverpool not Hearts............though I'd love it if he did and the backtracking on here would be the fastest thing you'd ever have seen if he ever became manager.

The player has a contract with another club and like it or not that has to be respected (we'd expect the same for our players)

We do not know the situation at Liverpool re injuries etc and even today one of their midfield players has had to drop out due to family issues so just accept it is what it is.

Pretty sure it will happen after this weekend but remember we do not control events..........I'd like him to come but he still has a lot to prove when he does so lets get things in place and work on the other deals we assume are in the pipeline

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Hearing Neilson has applied for special despensation for Devlin

The source the illusive JamboVoice on Instagram 

Slim chance he could play on Sunday if approved. Fingers crossed! 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

His job is to manage Liverpool not Hearts............though I'd love it if he did and the backtracking on here would be the fastest thing you'd ever have seen if he ever became manager.

The player has a contract with another club and like it or not that has to be respected (we'd expect the same for our players)

We do not know the situation at Liverpool re injuries etc and even today one of their midfield players has had to drop out due to family issues so just accept it is what it is.

Pretty sure it will happen after this weekend but remember we do not control events..........I'd like him to come but he still has a lot to prove when he does so lets get things in place and work on the other deals we assume are in the pipeline

yeah - kind of my point. I know wavdavy has said they have up to 9 other midfielders to choose from but we don't know the extent of their fitness, one or two may get Covid and another slashes his hand to ribbons changing the water in his fish tank.

we as a club know all about injuries thoroughly bolloxing up team preparations, so Klopp is watching his back and ergo Liverpool's.

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Hearing Neilson has applied for special despensation for Devlin

The source the illusive JamboVoice on Instagram 

From quarantine?  Meaning he might be getting registered at the sfa today maybe?   

Jack Torrance
12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Slim chance he could play on Sunday if approved. Fingers crossed! 

Unless he's already on his way, we'd need to get him on the Jaegerbombs and ching to keep him awake. 

Edited by Jack Torrance

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why was Woodburn not training then if he is required?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***