5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hearts will finish 3rd next season.

Heard it here 1st.😂

If Hibs can finish 3rd with pish like McGinn,Hanlol and Gogic we can.💪

Your at it deflection again.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Your at it deflection again.

You are a Hobo fanatic,on here 24 hours a day raging because you have been found out.😂

FTH hope St Johnstone pump yous👍

PS Porto is pish anaw.

kingantti1874

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a good player.  I’d have taken him without doubt but I’d rather have Devante Cole. 

Edited by kingantti1874

ginger jambo98
11 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Ash Taylor being let go by Aberdeen 

No wonder, a horrendous footballer.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We need a bit youthful energy in our team. 20 to 25 year olds

It would be nice if they could play a bit football as well. 

29 minutes ago, Pagey said:

To call him a donkey is unfair to actual donkeys 👎👎👎

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a good player.  I’d have taken him without doubt but I’d rather have Devante Cole. 

I'd have been happy with him as a squad option personally.

On 12/05/2021 at 19:58, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope we go for Reagan Hendry.Young boy oozes class.

We have an interest and we have had some initial talks.

We had an interest in Greg Kiltie earlier on this season.  Think possibly Lee McCulloch gave him his debut? Kiltie, Hendry, Polwarth and Campbell have been in our thoughts for a while.

Campbell and Hendry have had some conversations with us. Not sure if any progress or decisions regarding the other 2. We were interested earlier on the season so we may see movement with the other 2.

jamboinglasgow

Wonder when we will announce our first signing (excluding Ross Stewart.) Still very early with the Pre-season as Premiership only finishes tomorrow, but wonder if we might hear something next week. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Pagey said:

Big huddy. Souttar even Halkett are far better players.

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, although he was on the bench for Burnley yesterday so slightly hard to believe that his next step will be to a team just promoted to the top tier of Scottish football. Also he is under 24 so if Burnley offer him a contract on at least the same terms as his current contract, they'll be entitled to compensation if he goes elsewhere on a free. I'd think a club where he can expect a starting spot in the English Championship would be his aim.

Fact is he has spent nearly all of the season on the bench.

I cannor believe anyone is willing to do that just for money.  Surely self respect and ambition comes into it and sometimes it is better to take one step backwards to take two steps forward.

Now is the time Jimmy.

54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wonder when we will announce our first signing (excluding Ross Stewart.) Still very early with the Pre-season as Premiership only finishes tomorrow, but wonder if we might hear something next week. 

Still expecting to have one in next week or to at least have it known it will be happening 👍🏻

Bottom line is we can't keep wasting money on transfer fees! imo its been rank for a few years now , it's all about getting players in that's good enough for our club ! All this I would like him or I think he would be good is great and don't get me wrong I think a lot of it is very good points on a forum but we are looking up to our club to make good signings and with the money a lot of us pledge we should be expecting this ! But are we confident of them doing this ?  I’m not unfortunately . Anyway I’m Sorry for the rant I'm just ....well had a few and FTH 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, although he was on the bench for Burnley yesterday so slightly hard to believe that his next step will be to a team just promoted to the top tier of Scottish football. Also he is under 24 so if Burnley offer him a contract on at least the same terms as his current contract, they'll be entitled to compensation if he goes elsewhere on a free. I'd think a club where he can expect a starting spot in the English Championship would be his aim.

FFS. You make us sound like a perennial Championship team. We've been more often 2nd or 3rd in the Premiership than in the Championship that last what 30 years or so, so how about "his next step will be to the 3rd biggest team in Scottish football"? Someone like Jimmy Dunne will be well aware that the last season or two was a blip. Be nice if some Hearts fans would act like that too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

FFS. You make us sound like a perennial Championship team. We've been more often 2nd or 3rd in the Premiership than in the Championship that last what 30 years or so, so how about "his next step will be to the 3rd biggest team in Scottish football"? Someone like Jimmy Dunne will be well aware that the last season or two was a blip. Be nice if some Hearts fans would act like that too.

I hope so I think J. Dunne would be the perfect partner for Souttar, would make for a very solid back 5.

The Apprentice
8 hours ago, Pagey said:

He’ll be lucky to get a job handing out the halftime oranges. 

6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Still expecting to have one in next week or to at least have it known it will be happening 👍🏻

Ginnelly?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Barack said:

Be a good signing. Has done well up here.

Dons press not happy, too old no sell on value, not in profile. 

Sound familiar?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Ginnelly?

I hope so and not. Fairly sure he will sign, be nice to know another name 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'd have been happy with him as a squad option personally.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas would have been a starter for us IMO. Good player 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

With the UK not being in the Eu anymore, is the Bosman ruling still applicable to British football? 

“However, now EU and non-EU nationals have been placed on a level playing field, with a requirement for them to secure a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) from a sports governing body before the Home Office will consider granting them a sportsperson visa. Players will need to demonstrate that they are elite, internationally established at the highest level and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport in the UK. They will score points based on their international appearances, the quality of the selling club, the league the club is in, the league position and continental competition, as well as club appearances based on domestic league and continental competition minutes. Players who score 15 points or more will earn a GBE which they can then use to support their application for a sportsperson visa.

Research conducted by the BBC in 2016 highlighted that at that time, 332 EU national Premier League, Championship and Scottish Premiership players would not satisfy the requirements. Understandably, this has led some observers to raise significant concerns about the impact which these new rules will have on English football.”

https://www.brabners.com/blogs/football-transfers-post-brexit-era

Edited by BackOfTheNet

MR INCREDIBLE

If we have a PR team out of the 2 or 3 hundred people that seem to work in the office they will know that some quality signings will be a must to shift season tickets after the dire football that was dished out recently!!!!

2 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If we have a PR team out of the 2 or 3 hundred people that seem to work in the office they will know that some quality signings will be a must to shift season tickets after the dire football that was dished out recently!!!!

What did Ross Stewart not getting you dreaming about cup wins and a top four finish 😂

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Sorry, i was meaning about allowing free transfers at the end of a contract. That is between EU clubs only, i think? 

My understanding is a Scottish club can sign a player from the EU on a free transfer - but they have to meet the criteria outlined in my earlier post. So obviously someone like Ryan Gauld would be fine as he’s Scottish and therefore has UK citizenship. So unless a player has a parent or grandparent of one of the UK nations that would allow them to apply for dual citizenship then the points system would apply. But I do think the panel for deciding these matters will still have the final say, like was used for Meshino or Obua in the past. But the free transfers requirements remains the same as they were before, it’s just the free movement is no longer the same. Peter Haring for example we signed from a club in the 2nd tier of Austrian football on a free transfer, that wouldn’t be allowed now.

Stendelnator
31 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Of course they will. Sadly the PR team can’t sign any one. 

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My understanding is a Scottish club can sign a player from the EU on a free transfer - but they have to meet the criteria outlined in my earlier post. So obviously someone like Ryan Gauld would be fine as he’s Scottish and therefore has UK citizenship. So unless a player has a parent or grandparent of one of the UK nations that would allow them to apply for dual citizenship then the points system would apply. But I do think the panel for deciding these matters will still have the final say, like was used for Meshino or Obua in the past. But the free transfers requirements remains the same as they were before, it’s just the free movement is no longer the same. Peter Haring for example we signed from a club in the 2nd tier of Austrian football on a free transfer, that wouldn’t be allowed now.

Was there not some sort of temporary exemption from Brexit implications or something similar?  Of course I might be imagining this. 

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

With the UK not being in the Eu anymore, is the Bosman ruling still applicable to British football? 

That’s a great question. Anyone here know the answer ?

Edit: Just saw the other posts answering the question I guess.

Edited by Jumper

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

They might be answering it and I'm just not understanding the answers! 

Me too!

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, i get what you are saying regarding criteria for signing, but that is relevant to all transfers and not just free transfers. My point is that the free transfer of players under the Bosman ruling will not now be legally binding, will it? 

Bosman ruling isn’t just enforced by the EU though.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was there not some sort of temporary exemption from Brexit implications or something similar?  Of course I might be imagining this. 

The temporary exception was for this season. Basically when the January window closed so did the exception.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bosman ruling isn’t just enforced by the EU though.

i found this and seems to explain it well.

The Bosman ruling is a ruling of the CJEU, and as such ceased to apply directly to UK Courts, and hence UK clubs.

However the ruling made it clear that national football associations of EU member countries had to take account of the Bosman ruling when making rules of conduct for their member clubs, and UEFA, in turn, has to take account of that in making its rules.

The FA, as a continuing member of UEFA, will remain subject to UEFA rules, which will continue to have aspects of the Bosman ruling “baked in”.

This is likely to mean the persistence of at least one element of the Bosman ruling on this side of the channel - that the right to free transfer on contract expiry will persist.

The other major effect of the Bosman ruling - to deny national associations the right to make rules requiring clubs to field a certain miniumum number of indigenous players - may not persist. Whether the FA wants to take advantage of this new-found freedom is another thing - it’s quite a tricky balance between promoting home-grown talent for the benefit of the national sides versus allowing clubs to field the best sides they can afford.

It should be noted that whatever the effects of UEFA rules on the FA and UK clubs, any footballer wanting to play for a UK club is going to need to live and work in the UK, and that will be subject to whatever immigration rules the new Government makes.

Basically the bosman ruling should remain because the FA, SFA etc are still members of uefa thus need to follow the same rules as the european FAs. The only major difference is the criteria that will have to be met for players being able to live and work in the UK. i.e. the points system

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The temporary exception was for this season. Basically when the January window closed so did the exception.

👍

18 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think Ginnely is a definite, Campbell is a speculative possible but Dunne is a pipe dream. I hope im wrong. These 3 signings, as a statement of intent, would sell season tickets 

That's it for me. Ginelly in particular. Dunne shouldn't be a pipe-dream and should be at least contacted. Campbell would be a good catch but i've since heard that Hibs are now interested. With potential Europe, that makes it more difficult for us. Sad state of affairs really.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I'd rather get Devante Cole from Motherwell that JET. 

Me too

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Fact is he has spent nearly all of the season on the bench.

I cannor believe anyone is willing to do that just for money.  Surely self respect and ambition comes into it and sometimes it is better to take one step backwards to take two steps forward.

Now is the time Jimmy.

Thing is....this could be the one and only time we could get/afford Dunne. He is free and that's not to be sniffed at. As far as i'm aware the only club showing interest in him at the moment is Preston. I'd like to think that Hearts would be worth considering, especially if we want to try and find a way to Europe next season. He's not going to get that at Preston and he knows and loved it at Hearts from what he said. This would be a major signing or a major mistake not getting him if possible.  A wee side-step for a couple of years to the SPL with a potential move back south again down the line. We'd get a transfer fee and he'd only be 26 or so then. Plenty time for him to earn big bucks in England yet.

john thomas
10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd rather get Devante Cole from Motherwell that JET. 

Has Cole not just signed an extension ?

BackOfTheNet
57 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Basically the bosman ruling should remain because the FA, SFA etc are still members of uefa thus need to follow the same rules as the european FAs. The only major difference is the criteria that will have to be met for players being able to live and work in the UK. i.e. the points system

Yup this is pretty much it.

52 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Right, that makes sense. So basically its no longer a legal requirement but as it's a UEFA requirement it will still carry on the same, unless there is some legal challenge to it, i suppose

Wouldn’t put it past some owners raising a legal challenge, and the UK government may even back it since they would easily side with a business when it comes to unfair contract obligations more than the individual. But I think if anyone attempted a legal challenge it would be strongly legally opposed too, and I imagine it taken to the highest court (as was the case with Jean-Marc Bosman) it would result in the Bosman ruling remaining due to the human rights element. And although a UEFA policy as opposed to legal requirement it’s pretty much followed mostly outside their parameters too.

Just now, john thomas said:

To be honest, i don't know. There are a few players that are worth looking at there but like with Cole, i don't know what contracts they have. We should've got Steven O'Donnell in when we had the chance, perfect competition for Smith. Too late now as i think he did sign an extension. Not 100% sure though. Campbell is another but heard Hibs are now showing interest.

26 minutes ago, john thomas said:

nothing on the motherwell website about that. they have his contract ending this month

john thomas
Just now, milky_26 said:

nothing on the motherwell website about that. they have his contract ending this month

Fair enough , was sure I'd read it somewhere .

Mind you I was sure I'd left my phone on the coffee table....

Just now, john thomas said:

It’ll be in the washing basket. That’s where mine ends up when I cannae find it. 😀

8 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Would rather we took Chris Long from Motherwell than Devante Cole 

Funnily enough i mentioned this a few weeks back. There's a few there worth looking at. Long, O'Donnell, Cole, Campbell. 

We could, and should try and use Roberts as a makeweight plus cash to getting one of them in. That's if they like him and want to keep him. There's always deals to be done if ambition is shown. 

17 minutes ago, john thomas said:

the reports ive read suggest cole would be happy to stay at motherwell, maybe they are waiting until the season has finished to announce him extending his contract

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***