***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

It's quite obvious what he means. But I'm pretty sure you already know that. 

No, not sure.

Explain it for me.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sign Gino, Jimmy Dunne, Luke O'Nien, Aaron Tshibola, Allen Halilovic and a striker and we're in Europe IMO. No question. 

Might require some boat pushing, but these are exactly the kind of players who will make a big difference. 

Did this guy play for Killie or am l confusing him with someone else?

EDIT: just checked his Wiki, he's already at Killie, lm assuming he'll be out of contract? I must've confused this list with your Blackburn released list, apologies!

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No, not sure.

Explain it for me.

Getting promoted required an overhaul as we moved up a level. The amount of signings made since we finished third after the first season back up has been crazy. We shouldn't need 8/9 new signings every summer. 

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think if Naisy gets into good nick this summer he can still play a part in big games and off the bench. 

As long as he's played in the penalty box he will still create goals. He's instinctive, a bit Robbo-ish. This having him pissin about somewhere in the middle of the park is no use to him or the team. A couple of times when he came on he was almost in the full-back positions with all that dropping back carry-on. Naisy never did that as a younger player so why we think he's suddenly able to now no-one knows. I'm happy for him to stay on and play a big part next season but as i say...only if he's in the penalty box and if that's not on Robbie's think list then Naisy's as well to leave now.

I think we a right back, a centre half, 2 wingers (1 if Ginelly signs), 2 centre midfielders and a striker. Here's my realistic targets/wish list is

RB Nicky Devlin (27) Livi

Luke Ó Nien (26) Sunderland 

CB Tom McIntyre (22) Reading

Jon Guthrie (28) Livi

CM Allan Campbell (22) Motherwell 

Regan Hendrie (23) Raith

W Greg Kiltie (24) Killie

Luke McCowan (23) Ayr

ST Devane Cole (26) Motherwell 

Chucks Aneke (27) Charlton

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Getting promoted required an overhaul as we moved up a level. The amount of signings made since we finished third after the first season back up has been crazy. We shouldn't need 8/9 new signings every summer. 

Ah right.

I don't think this has been mentioned before, has it?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah right.

I don't think this has been mentioned before, has it?

It has and you still didn't understand it. 

If you're fed up reading things being repeated, you should probably just log off. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Blackburn Rovers release Corry Evans, Charlie Mulgrew, Amari’i Bell, Stewart Downing, Lewis Holtby, Joe Grayson, Stefan Mols, Lewis Thompson, Ben Paton, Brad Lyons and Tom White. 

Nobody really peaks my interest there. Holtby obviously a good player but way out of our league for wages, and he's 30.

Nah, not a lot there to think about. Maybe Mulgrew at a push. Can play left-back of left defence, a replacement for Berra. Not as good a signing as Dunne would be but at least he's experienced and left-sided. Not too familiar with any of the others. Stewart Downing must be a fair age now. I remember that name from years ago!

9 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

I think we a right back, a centre half, 2 wingers (1 if Ginelly signs), 2 centre midfielders and a striker. Here's my realistic targets/wish list is

RB Nicky Devlin (27) Livi

Luke Ó Nien (26) Sunderland 

CB Tom McIntyre (22) Reading

Jon Guthrie (28) Livi

CM Allan Campbell (22) Motherwell 

Regan Hendrie (23) Raith

W Greg Kiltie (24) Killie

Luke McCowan (23) Ayr

ST Devane Cole (26) Motherwell 

Chucks Aneke (27) Charlton

Everyone seems to rate that Kiltie guy, Pars fans, killie fans. Wouldn’t mind hearing folks opinion on him. Not sure if we need another wide man but his name keeps cropping up. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

It has and you still didn't understand it. 

If you're fed up reading things being repeated, you should probably just log off. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ginnelly, Campbell and Dunne. 

That will have me  putting on a pyro display. 

Onion Jambos. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ginnelly, Campbell and Dunne. 

That will have me  putting on a pyro display. 

Absolutely. 3 perfect signings. 

Odds close to ziltch we'll get all 3 though. 

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely. 3 perfect signings. 

Odds close to ziltch we'll get all 3 though. 

That would keep us up.

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

That would keep us up.

I'd think that would have us banging on the door for 3rd immediately tbh. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Dunne

Haring Campbell

Smith         Boyce        Kingsley

Gino GMS

Ooft. 

I'm pretty on board with this 352 with two wingers playing as the forward options. Nicholson is on a free at the end of the coming season IIRC and he'd be perfect for that system. 

Looking at that, I'd say Smith is probably our weak link, which is an amazing place to be!!

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

As long as he's played in the penalty box he will still create goals. He's instinctive, a bit Robbo-ish. This having him pissin about somewhere in the middle of the park is no use to him or the team. A couple of times when he came on he was almost in the full-back positions with all that dropping back carry-on. Naisy never did that as a younger player so why we think he's suddenly able to now no-one knows. I'm happy for him to stay on and play a big part next season but as i say...only if he's in the penalty box and if that's not on Robbie's think list then Naisy's as well to leave now.

Yep, I'd add that next season is probably his last so he needs to just play through any pain and make the most of it if he decides to stay on. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Dunne

Haring Campbell

Gino GMS

Ooft. 

I'm pretty on board with this 352 with two wingers playing as the forward options. Nicholson is on a free at the end of the coming season IIRC and he'd be perfect for that system. 

Looking at that, I'd say Smith is probably our weak link, which is an amazing place to be!!

Replace Dunne, Campbell and Gino with 3 shit players from the dreggs of League football and you'll have your team

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Replace Dunne, Campbell and Gino with 3 shit players from the dreggs of League football and you'll have your team

Pessimistic but entirely possible ☹️

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

:D Yup 😢 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

New signings oot ( whoever they are). 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Every day with a smile. 😄

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And elderly with injury history........

Rick Sanchez

If Naismith retires 🙏 we could do worse than Greg Stewart in the 10 for a couple of years. If we don't intend to persist with Boyce that is.

I wonder if Walker will leave.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Call me optimistic but I wouldn’t say Ginnelly is a key signing for us.

I want to sign him and he should be a good signing but I don’t think he falls into that descriptive reference as one of 3 key signings. 

Dunne; someone that control midfield 4 games out of 5; and another proper striker that can score 20 and combine with Boyce.

That would be 3 key signings for me.

Ginnelly, another decent winger with pace and quality, a right back to challenge or replace Smith would be 3 other IMPORTANT signings but not key.

So 6 signings that cover that off and I’d be happy. Ginnelly won’t be expensive for example.

We can do this IMO.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Naismith retires 🙏 we could do worse than Greg Stewart in the 10 for a couple of years. If we don't intend to persist with Boyce that is.

I wonder if Walker will leave.

I happen to think 10 appears the perfect new position for GMS from what I saw at the end of the season.

Pace, touch, eye for a pass and can score... Wasted on the wing for us IMO

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

TyphoonJambo
43 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Dunne

Haring Campbell

Gino GMS

Ooft. 

That's a team that gets me moister than an otters pocket

TyphoonJambo
41 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I think Ginnely is a definite, Campbell is a speculative possible but Dunne is a pipe dream. I hope im wrong. These 3 signings, as a statement of intent, would sell season tickets 

53 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Dunne

Haring Campbell

Gino GMS

Ooft. 

I like that but and I like him but I'd prefer someone to replace Smith in that team. He himself could replace Halks in it.

Also could swap Gnando instead of either Cf which shows good options up top

Rick Sanchez
20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I happen to think 10 appears the perfect new position for GMS from what I saw at the end of the season.

Pace, touch, eye for a pass and can score... Wasted on the wing for us IMO

Good point actually 👍

Italian Lambretta

Got to admit I'm looking forward to watching GMS in the premiership next season on the bigger wide expansive pitches and at Tynie against teams who won't sit in. I just hope he does it before I bigger off to the pub at half time.😉

Guest ToqueJambo
On 14/05/2021 at 00:16, bazman said:

It's funny because I completely agree with the buying people with potential to make profit model but further up this thread loads of folk saying that we shouldn't be doing that 

We should buy to build a team not to make a profit. Romanov went down that route and it failed dismally. Players aren't like trading cards when they have a set value you know someone will pay. It's a very risky strategy, especially when paying fees for players. Gordon at Hibs is trying the same and is likely to fail. Bringing in a couple of million now and then will not transform clubs our size. What will happen is immediately every player we go for will ask for more money.

Hibs for example got half decent money for McGinn - good money in a Scottish context. Did it make them or their team better? Nope, they arguably got worse. All they did was splash fees on the types of player they could get for free or cheaper if they looked harder - Kyle MacGennis for example. Boyce is better than Nisbet and Doig, but those two cost over 600k combined and Boyce cost is what 190k? If we can sort our midfield and wingers for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if Boyce and Nando outscored them next season for a fraction of the cost.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Got to admit I'm looking forward to watching GMS in the premiership next season on the bigger wide expansive pitches and at Tynie against teams who won't sit in. I just hope he does it before I bigger off to the pub at half time.😉

👍 A bums off seat kind of player. Also a slapping the forehead in despair player, but hopefully we see more of the former next season.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We should buy to build a team not to make a profit. Romanov went down that route and it failed dismally. Players aren't like trading cards when they have a set value you know someone will pay. It's a very risky strategy, especially when paying fees for players. Gordon at Hibs is trying the same and is likely to fail. Bringing in a couple of million now and then will not transform clubs our size. What will happen is immediately every player we go for will ask for more money.

Hibs for example got half decent money for McGinn - good money in a Scottish context. Did it make them or their team better? Nope, they arguably got worse. All they did was splash fees on the types of player they could get for free or cheaper if they looked harder - Kyle MacGennis for example. Boyce is better than Nisbet and Doig, but those two cost over 600k combined and Boyce cost is what 190k? If we can sort our midfield and wingers for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if Boyce and Nando outscored them next season for a fraction of the cost.

Agree with most of that. If you build a team and buy players at a decent age and not on their last legs then some of them (combined with youngsters from the academy) will leave for fees. The emphasis should be on putting a side together for the medium term. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’m not sure if we should use Romanov’s own personal version of the speculate to accumulate model as the exemplar to be honest 😂😂

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Did this guy play for Killie or am l confusing him with someone else?

EDIT: just checked his Wiki, he's already at Killie, lm assuming he'll be out of contract? I must've confused this list with your Blackburn released list, apologies!

Yeah he's at Killie, previously MK Dons and Aston Villa. Looked a player for Killie.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody know why Ginnelly is being released by PNE? With his fitness problems I would rather we went elsewhere on this 

Campbell must have several offers on the table, we will do well to get him 

Stendelnator
17 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Anybody know why Ginnelly is being released by PNE? With his fitness problems I would rather we went elsewhere on this 

Campbell must have several offers on the table, we will do well to get him 

He’s being released because he’s out of contract and he hasn’t played for them for two years. 

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he's at Killie, previously MK Dons and Aston Villa. Looked a player for Killie.

If Killie go down after the play offs (if they end up 2nd bottom) could end up as a bit of a fire sale there. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Boyce is better than Nisbet and Doig, but those two cost over 600k combined and Boyce cost is what 190k? If we can sort our midfield and wingers for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if Boyce and Nando outscored them next season for a fraction of the cost.

I don't think either will be at Hibs next season.

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Persist with Boyce? Strange wording, its as if you think he isn't any good

Boyce at 10.

54 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

As a young lad he looked destined for greatness. No idea what he is like now. Might be worth a try though. I wonder what kind of wages he would be on? 

He’s just had a great season in Portugal and won’t be without a club for long. 

Saint Jambo
39 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

As a young lad he looked destined for greatness. No idea what he is like now. Might be worth a try though. I wonder what kind of wages he would be on? 

Named player of the year in the Portuguese second tier last year. Played 32 games in the top tier this season.  According to Daily Record article recently, he has had 8 man of the match awards this season and a decent number of goals and assists for a team near the bottom of the table (scored or assisted 1 in every 2 of their goals it seems). https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-gaulds-magic-skills-indicate-23999638

His team look likely to either be automatically relegated or in to a relegation paly-off. But given he is out of contract, I'd think he might hope to be picked up by another top flight club or hope over the border to La Liga.

He had a pretty unhappy loan spell at Hibs a few years ago so may not fancy rushing back to Scotland. Only benefit to coming back to Scotland (outside the Old Firm) is probably a better chance of getting into the national squad and the opportunity to move to a club playing in Europe.

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s just had a great season in Portugal and won’t be without a club for long. 

Always liked Gauld but he was dugshite for Hibs. Just wonder if the style of play over there suits him better. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think Ginnely is a definite, Campbell is a speculative possible but Dunne is a pipe dream. I hope im wrong. These 3 signings, as a statement of intent, would sell season tickets 

A lot of mention of Dunne. Is he out of contact? 

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yes, although he was on the bench for Burnley yesterday so slightly hard to believe that his next step will be to a team just promoted to the top tier of Scottish football. Also he is under 24 so if Burnley offer him a contract on at least the same terms as his current contract, they'll be entitled to compensation if he goes elsewhere on a free. I'd think a club where he can expect a starting spot in the English Championship would be his aim.

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I believe so and I think he enjoyed the limited time he had here. I just think its too big a drop from EPL to here. Even though he only had limited first team minutes. I would love it to be true though. As I said, with Ginnely Campbell and Dunne we'd be real contendorsfor a top 3 finish. 

BackOfTheNet
47 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Named player of the year in the Portuguese second tier last year. Played 32 games in the top tier this season.  According to Daily Record article recently, he has had 8 man of the match awards this season and a decent number of goals and assists for a team near the bottom of the table (scored or assisted 1 in every 2 of their goals it seems). https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-gaulds-magic-skills-indicate-23999638

His team look likely to either be automatically relegated or in to a relegation paly-off. But given he is out of contract, I'd think he might hope to be picked up by another top flight club or hope over the border to La Liga.

He had a pretty unhappy loan spell at Hibs a few years ago so may not fancy rushing back to Scotland. Only benefit to coming back to Scotland (outside the Old Firm) is probably a better chance of getting into the national squad and the opportunity to move to a club playing in Europe.

Careful now, there’s a few here that will tell you assists don’t count...

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Be a good signing. Has done well up here.

Not what we need.I'd be pissed off at this type of signing at 30 year old.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***