***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

CP will be a Hearts player again in the future but not until at least 4 years from now.

Might have learnt a position by then tbf. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

45 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Signing on bonus must be imminent so being flash with the cash 👀

Pretty much guaranteed at this point👀

hmfc_liam06

We're very much interested in Shankland but won't meet Dundee United's asking price...

...wonder if Mr Anderson will flaunt some cash? 

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Under the floodlight
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Shares in BP. Here's a question anyone know what initials BP stands for

Bobby Prentice?

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

The next time I even open this thread, never mind post on it, is when the title has been updated.

It's broken me; I've had enough.

🤪

466 pages of guff

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Shares in BP. Here's a question anyone know what initials BP stands for

Boring answer - Doesn't stand for anything, after it was bought they removed 'British Petroleum' and kept the initials for brand recognition

JKB answer - Buying Players, as in the person in question👀

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

The next time I even open this thread, never mind post on it, is when the title has been updated.

It's broken me; I've had enough.

🤪

It'll be updated to say 'window closed' later this month

Ccjambo1874

The Shankland saga may drag out until the end of the window. 

Even though United have received a bid there's never a guarantee that the player could meet terms. Not that I advocate that behaviour but it's not to say a deal may fall through and United perhaps accept £200k at the end of the window.

Especially if he is on the wage he is allegedly on it may be something they begin to contemplate, especially if intertwined with the financial difficulties they are having.

A sensible man would suggest we'd be loaning Scott from Hull or someone else and perhaps happy to wait for the above scenario or a pre contract come January. As a Hearts fan it might have crossed his mind.

One things for sure, all of the above is more likely that Callum Paterson joining us this window. 😂

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

CP will be a Hearts player again in the future but not until at least 4 years from now.

I forgot he’s still so young, only 27 in two months time. He could do with cementing a position now as he comes into his peak years. 

9 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

The Shankland saga may drag out until the end of the window. 

Even though United have received a bid there's never a guarantee that the player could meet terms. Not that I advocate that behaviour but it's not to say a deal may fall through and United perhaps accept £200k at the end of the window.

Especially if he is on the wage he is allegedly on it may be something they begin to contemplate, especially if intertwined with the financial difficulties they are having.

A sensible man would suggest we'd be loaning Scott from Hull or someone else and perhaps happy to wait for the above scenario or a pre contract come January. As a Hearts fan it might have crossed his mind.

One things for sure, all of the above is more likely that Callum Paterson joining us this window. 😂

Who's to say you're theory isn't right with Shankland not wanting to go, and we aren't in talks with both Shankland and Scott 😉

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We're very much interested in Shankland but won't meet Dundee United's asking price...

If he’s willing to plump up half a million in a player I’d much rather it was spent elsewhere to be honest.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

If he’s willing to plump up half a million in a player I’d much rather it was spent elsewhere to be honest.

Won't take half a million. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Hmmm, according to Wikipedia it was a rebranding issue and it now means Beyond Petroleum, but i couldn't be bothered reading the whole shebang. 

Not according to their head of records. 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

That’s the figure being quoted in the press from the Belgian side. It’s also accurate that teams are more likely to request more money from a team in the same league than

they would abroad. So if the Belgian side have a bid of (for example) £400k accepted, that doesn’t mean they’d accept the same from us or anyone else in the Premiership, we’d have to pay more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Boring answer - Doesn't stand for anything, after it was bought they removed 'British Petroleum' and kept the initials for brand recognition

JKB answer - Buying Players, as in the person in question👀

Did you read my answer to Rave. If not well done for knowing this worthless information. 

Guy from BP that played this game with us was fair tickled.  Sadsack

Ccjambo1874
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who's to say you're theory isn't right with Shankland not wanting to go, and we aren't in talks with both Shankland and Scott 😉

Exactly. You'd imagine there would be some legs in Gnado maybe wanting away if both were to sign. 4 strikers plus Hendo.

St Mirren being out the equation hopefully suggests someone else is in line for the ex Well boy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anyone else feeling slightly deflated by Shankland after Beni?

I suppose they flogged us Soapy on the cheap, could they do it again?

Said it when Nando signed having spent a contract watching The Seasiders - No ones gonna like his style - infact you'll hate it. But if he hits the onion bag all is forgiven - that's exactly what will be.

Rick Sanchez

Robbie, Lee and Gordon all know what he brings to the table and how to get the best out of him. If they feel he suits the system and Savage approves I wouldn't feel underwhelmed. He'd get a lot more service here and if we switched to a 4-2-3-1 we could play Boyce in the 10. Opshuns.

Won't be until January or next season if it happens IMO.

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s the figure being quoted in the press from the Belgian side. It’s also accurate that teams are more likely to request more money from a team in the same league than

they would abroad. So if the Belgian side have a bid of (for example) £400k accepted, that doesn’t mean they’d accept the same from us or anyone else in the Premiership, we’d have to pay more.

What if Shankland doesn't want to go?

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

i don’t know a lot about Shankland, but seems like the type of guy that if he knew a club like Hearts had a hint of interest - that would be a much more attractive option than some random team in Belgium 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did you read my answer to Rave. If not well done for knowing this worthless information. 

Guy from BP that played this game with us was fair tickled.  Sadsack

Saw it after I posted, I remember getting taught about it in Business in school many years ago, lesson about brand recognition. I'm full of almost useless facts like these!

1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

i don’t know a lot about Shankland, but seems like the type of guy that if he knew a club like Hearts had a hint of interest - that would be a much more attractive option than some random team in Belgium 

👍

Wouldnt spend any sum over 100k on Shankland to be honest, guy hasnt performed in the top league in his career, two good seasons in the championship has boosted his brand.  And I don't see him working playing beside Boyce.

If we really are interested in Shankland then I guess we have an advantage in that Robbie, Lee and Gordon will have direct contact with him and he could force a move here if he doesn't fancy going elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👍

players can force a move their own way easy these days.

I have no idea if there is any concrete interest in hearts side on this one 

5 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

He's a Hearts fan, definitely counts for something. I remember reading RN wanted to bring him here when he took over.

49 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If Rangers go through against Malmo on Tuesday we will be due close to £400k which wasn't budgeted for. 

1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

Just look at Harry Kane 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

He's a Hearts fan, definitely counts for something. I remember reading RN wanted to bring him here when he took over.

back with new club - Daily Record

Dundee United have kicked out a low-ball approach from Beerschot for Scotland star Lawrence Shankland. 

The Belgian side have held talks with United but they were talking of an offer of around £300,000, but were quickly informed it was well below United’s valuation. No offer was officially submitted.

The deal is unlikely to have any mileage unless the figures are significantly improved. Dundee Unitedowner Mark Ogren is due to fly into Scotland from America today but isn’t interested in selling at a bargain basement price. 

Shankland is in the final year of his contract.

United have opened talks over an extension but the player is likely to keep his options open.

Ipswich Town have also been linked while there could also be interest from English Championship side Swansea City.

Get all the latest Sports news sent straight to your Inbox every day by signing up to our newsletter.

We cover every morsel of information regarding your favourite club in the form of articles, videos and podcasts.

The newsletter will arrive every day at 12pm, giving you a round up of the best stories we've covered that in the last 24 hours.

To sign up, simply enter your email address into the link here.

And if you aren't already, make sure you join the conversation over on our Facebook groups and Record Sport Instagram.

Show Player

New Swans boss Russell Martin was keen on him earlier in the window when he was at MK Dons but didn’t have the funds to do a deal.

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson would also be keen on taking him to the capital but that is a deal that United wouldn't entertain. 

Meanwhile, Lincoln City also remain keen on Jamie Robson.

The Imps have already had a six-figure offer rejected for the defender but are trying to raise additional funds. League One rivals Sunderland are also keen but have yet to make a bid.

Meanwhile, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Leeds United all remain keen on United’s teenage defender Kerr Smith.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

No doubt Robbie would take him, most Teams in this league would. Do the board share this interest….no idea 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

we’d have to show our hand soon if we haven’t already.

possible back channelling been going on through players and or agents. Dundee Hibs will do a deal if the player forces it 

6 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Aye but to some on here you put up a name and they say BULLSHIT, etc like deals can't go wrong or clubs can't come in at the last minute, doesn't happen according to some on here. 

Was told a deal was done for a player, only for a team to offer a fee instead of a loan deal, and because it suits that team they rejected our loan offer that was originally accepted 😂, only for that team that offered them a fee to pull out. 

Why did they reject our loan offer because they know that if they loan him out he's still technically registered to there 25 man registration for the English Championship. 

I Don't bother putting stuff on here anymore, pms with a few i trust, what I can assure you regardless if im a fan of Robbie or not, I know personally him and Savage are going all out to get it right. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

back with new club - Daily Record

Dundee United have kicked out a low-ball approach from Beerschot for Scotland star Lawrence Shankland. 

The Belgian side have held talks with United but they were talking of an offer of around £300,000, but were quickly informed it was well below United’s valuation. No offer was officially submitted.

The deal is unlikely to have any mileage unless the figures are significantly improved. Dundee Unitedowner Mark Ogren is due to fly into Scotland from America today but isn’t interested in selling at a bargain basement price. 

Shankland is in the final year of his contract.

United have opened talks over an extension but the player is likely to keep his options open.

Ipswich Town have also been linked while there could also be interest from English Championship side Swansea City.

Get all the latest Sports news sent straight to your Inbox every day by signing up to our newsletter.

We cover every morsel of information regarding your favourite club in the form of articles, videos and podcasts.

The newsletter will arrive every day at 12pm, giving you a round up of the best stories we've covered that in the last 24 hours.

To sign up, simply enter your email address into the link here.

And if you aren't already, make sure you join the conversation over on our Facebook groups and Record Sport Instagram.

Show Player

New Swans boss Russell Martin was keen on him earlier in the window when he was at MK Dons but didn’t have the funds to do a deal.

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson would also be keen on taking him to the capital but that is a deal that United wouldn't entertain. 

Meanwhile, Lincoln City also remain keen on Jamie Robson.

The Imps have already had a six-figure offer rejected for the defender but are trying to raise additional funds. League One rivals Sunderland are also keen but have yet to make a bid.

Meanwhile, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Leeds United all remain keen on United’s teenage defender Kerr Smith.

Weird how they say they wouldn't do business with us with absolutely no source. A very reputable ITK poster hinted he was seen at the BP garage in Gorgie earlier.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I saw a fair amount of him when the BBC were showing championship games on Friday evenings, he brings very little to the team.

"he brings very little to the team"

Except almost single-handedly lifting Utd into the premiership? Regardless of whether he's on form or a good player at a premiership level I think it's incredibly disingenuous to say he brought little to the team in the championship highlights you were watching. 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is he? He was born and bred in Glasgow, which doesn't rule it out but does make it fairly unlikely

Parttimer1874
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Is he? He was born and bred in Glasgow, which doesn't rule it out but does make it fairly unlikely

105289764_272203700661742_2046417696945244251_n.jpg.5288e20485d61d64cd606e8d057e884c.jpg

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

"he brings very little to the team"

Except almost single-handedly lifting Utd into the premiership? Regardless of whether he's on form or a good player at a premiership level I think it's incredibly disingenuous to say he brought little to the team in the championship highlights you were watching. 

Nothing disingenuous about it, the conversation was about what his game's like outside the box, and having watched quite a few full games he played in I was distinctly unimpressed by his overall game.

You're free to disagree, but you're out of order calling me disingenuous for having a different football opinion to you.

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Unless Shankland has his heart on us only, I don’t envisage that being an issue. United would rather accept an offer from the Belgian side than us, if he doesn’t want to go there then they’ll accept the Ipswich bid and if he doesn’t want to go there then United have to make a decision whether they cash in now with whatever we offer or hold onto him until contract expiry. Would they sell to us (or any Premiership side) with the risk of relegation, particularly if he ends up scoring against them, basically losing any money they made with relegation? Or do they hold onto him and try and stay up and let him go at expiry? That’s the decision they would have to make, but they’d rather sell him to a non-Premiership side.

Parttimer1874
Just now, Smithee said:

Live and learn, has he ever confirmed he's a fan?

Not that i have seen but this seems a strong hint!

DU “Lawrence, do you want to go to Belgium”

LS “no”

DU “do you want a new contract”

LS “no”

HMFC “Here’s 200k”

DU “no way”

HMFC “okay we’ll wait to sign him on a pre contract in january”

DU “200k you say”

Unknown user
Just now, Parttimer1874 said:

Not that i have seen but this seems a strong hint!

True, but there are photos of me in a Dunfermline top when I was a kid (apparently I liked the stripes) and that doesn't mean shit

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, andrew said:

If Rangers go through against Malmo on Tuesday we will be due close to £400k which wasn't budgeted for. 

We don’t get it until next September, money isn’t paid out until the next year. I would rather they didn’t get the £30m tv money to be honest. Just watching them getting pumped in the first leg, hope our coaches were watching. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nothing disingenuous about it, the conversation was about what his game's like outside the box, and having watched quite a few full games he played in I was distinctly unimpressed by his overall game.

You're free to disagree, but you're out of order calling me disingenuous for having a different football opinion to you.

Apologies, I tried reading back the convo/replies but clearly didn't get the context required - I blame an internet forum's awful quoting structure 😄

I use the word 'disingenuous' politely mind you, it's hard to disagree with someone in a friendly manner over text chat these days!

Back on topic, he was fielded as an in "in the box" forward under Neilson's management (at least, that's how I saw it) so it makes sense that he didn't have much activity outside of the box. With that in mind, what should matter is his "in the box" form which was very impressive.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye but to some on here you put up a name and they say BULLSHIT, etc like deals can't go wrong or clubs can't come in at the last minute, doesn't happen according to some on here. 

Was told a deal was done for a player, only for a team to offer a fee instead of a loan deal, and because it suits that team they rejected our loan offer that was originally accepted 😂, only for that team that offered them a fee to pull out. 

Why did they reject our loan offer because they know that if they loan him out he's still technically registered to there 25 man registration for the English Championship. 

I Don't bother putting stuff on here anymore, pms with a few i trust, what I can assure you regardless if im a fan of Robbie or not, I know personally him and Savage are going all out to get it right. 

without a doubt this happens mate. Players play clubs off each other all the time as well. Until the contract is final anything can happen 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

DU “Lawrence, do you want to go to Belgium”

LS “no”

DU “do you want a new contract”

LS “no”

HMFC “Here’s 200k”

DU “no way”

HMFC “okay we’ll wait to sign him on a pre contract in january”

DU “200k you say”

So they accept £200k from us and he goes on to score goals against them contributing to their relegation. Even if he doesn’t score against them they are lighter in attack and unlikely to strengthen too much giving their financial situation, so could be relegated, losing much more than £200k in the process. That’s a reason not to sell to a Premiership side.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***