***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

So to summarise the last few pages ....

Shankland's  might be having a medical with us today ... but we definitely aren't signing him

Shankland's scoring record is decent .... but it's also terrible

Walker might have confronted Neilson about something ..... so we should get rid of Walker even if he didn't  

Gnando is in the huff about something .....  but might not be..... either way, it's Neilson's fault for not playing him enough

That about right ?

😂Right,so we are unanimous .

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

John Findlay
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Boyce and Shankland up top. Patterson in as RB, move Smith into the centre with Souttar. Job done.

Patterson nowhere near right back as he is not one.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Here's a better SPL stat

Craig Halkett 58 games 9 goals

Lawrence Shankland 50 games 8 goals

That's a very misleading stat. 17 of those 50 Premiership "games" were for Aberdeen, where he was often coming on for literally a couple of minutes. I think it adds up to about 3 matches worth of game time.

19 minutes ago, maroon said:

Please say there’s something behind these Paterson rumours

Without doubt there are rumours. However, there are rumours of the rumours being mere rumours. 

Clear?

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I saw Gnando at the Tesco petrol station in Corstorphine some weeks ago but never bothered posting to say I suspect he’s leaving. 🤷🏼‍♂️

::troll:: 

Was he wearing gloves ? 

15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Shankland's  might be having a medical with us today ... but we definitely aren't signing him

Walker might have confronted Neilson about something ..... so we should get rid of Walker even if he didn't  

Gnando is in the huff about something .....  but might not be..... either way, it's Neilson's fault for not playing him enough

That about right ?

NGL I'm buzzing to see what the next few hold. Say what you want about the 'no leaks' policy but it's made this place way, way more entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

No rumours were made . I posted Dr Funk celebrating a goal at Fester Rd as folk were talking about goal celebrations and 2 & 2 get put together and Cal is doing a tour of the new main stand with joe savage and on the pitch in a full kit doing a photo shoot.

:clyay: 

:muggy:

:lol: 

Biffa Bacon
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

NGL I'm buzzing to see what the next few hold. Say what you want about the 'no leaks' policy but it's made this place way, way more entertaining.

You mean batshit crazy. 🤣

I'm already seeing people posting on Twitter about Patterson. Someone mentions a player and see how long it takes to end up everywhere. If it's even somewhat believable people are going for it, what's in the air today? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm already seeing people posting on Twitter about Patterson. Someone mentions a player and see how long it takes to end up everywhere. If it's even somewhat believable people are going for it, what's in the air today? 

Ach why not, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction

SM Sheffield

Paterson is on £15k pw at Hillsborough and whilst I think the club would be open to offers he won’t be joining Hearts

33 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

That about right ?

Close...

The real reason behind Gnando storming our is that him and Jamie hate Robbie so much they are fighting to be the one involved in a swap deal 

Edited by Bozi

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Boyce and Shankland up top. Patterson in as RB, move Smith into the centre with Souttar. Job done.

Patterson hasn't played right back since he went to England. Last season saw him as a centre forward and he didn't do too badly. Warnock said he was never a full back.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Patterson hasn't played right back since he went to England. Last season saw him as a centre forward and he didn't do too badly. Warnock said he was never a full back.....

I've always thought of him as a player without a position, just let him run about the pitch like a kid playing in the playground

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly he managed 7 goals all season. Hes a James Keatings.

Keatings record in a league season is 13. Shankland has 26, 24, 24.

Not comparable. 

1 minute ago, SM Sheffield said:

Paterson is on £15k pw at Hillsborough and whilst I think the club would be open to offers he won’t be joining Hearts

I’ve seen a few comments from their fans saying he’s sh*te or that they don’t want to keep him which surprised me.

Realise you didn’t have a great end to the season last year but wanted to understand what changed as I thought he was your only goal threat?

Guest ToqueJambo

Crazy the amount of people rushing to defend Lawrence Shankland's poor record in the Premiership and coming up with excuses, sorry reasons, for his lack of goals. It would be nice if more folk would jump to the defence of our own players (and manager for that matter) with the same passion.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I've always thought of him as a player without a position, just let him run about the pitch like a kid playing in the playground

This 🤣🤣

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Nice deflexion :laugh2:

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong or simply didn’t realise Boyce had scored that many.

I simply compared Shanklands record in the premiership for his current club to Boyce’s record for his current club.

I know how many Boyce scored for Ross County. You should maybe have checked before you claimed he scored 20+ for two years.

I stick by the argument that both Shankland and Boyce bring more to a team than just goals and that Shankland would be a good signing for our squad.

5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I simply compared Shanklands record in the premiership for his current club to Boyce’s record for his current club.

I know how many Boyce scored for Ross County. You should maybe have checked before you claimed he scored 20+ for two years.

I stick by the argument that both Shankland and Boyce bring more to a team than just goals and that Shankland would be a good signing for our squad.

Not seen an awful lot of Shankland but does he bring much more than goals? No doubt Boyce does. 

gorgieheart

Shankland subject of £500k Bid from Beerschot , so that ends that one !

Next

Walker carried knock from ICT game,  not fit for sellick game !

Gnando, well who knows, he needs to either put up or shut up if he really is in a wee gily huff !

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not seen an awful lot of Shankland but does he bring much more than goals? No doubt Boyce does. 

No

gorgieheart
Just now, AndyNic said:

Gnando is a disgrace.

Players shouldn't be anywhere near that place on a regular basis... :ninja:

What place ? 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Next you'll be saying he does FIFA playstation style celebrations for a laugh after scoring! Love big CP and, like Gordon, it feels inevitable we'll see him back at Hearts.

Edited by ToqueJambo

gorgieheart
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nando's...

Poor (brilliant) attempt at a joke.

:jj_facepalm:

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Arab fans could provide an answer - but it would be very unlikely that he wasn't involved at all in any of their other goals. Even Wighton was involved in some of the moves which led to Boyce scoring last season. 😏

Tommy Brown
13 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Next

Gnando, well who knows, he needs to either put up or shut up if he really is in a wee gily huff !

Just because a team offers a big fee doesn't mean he will go.

The move can only happen if the plsyer agrees to go.

Ainsley Harriott
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Crazy the amount of people rushing to defend Lawrence Shankland's poor record in the Premiership and coming up with excuses, sorry reasons, for his lack of goals. It would be nice if more folk would jump to the defence of our own players (and manager for that matter) with the same passion.

Correct it's amazing the difference perception makes 

Ainsley Harriott
18 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Next

Thank christ for that 

Tenaciousdandy
15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nando's...

Poor (brilliant) attempt at a joke.

Andy still with the jokes bud 😬 they are almost as bad as me playing COD, so I quit that game mate "hint hint" 😂

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Arab fans could provide an answer - but it would be very unlikely that he wasn't involved at all in any of their other goals. Even Wighton was involved in some of the moves which led to Boyce scoring last season. 😏

Aye true enough. I think a penalty box striker like Shankland maybe doesn’t contribute much more than goals. Could be off the mark though because only seen him play a few times. Boyce, on the other hand, does a lot of work, more defensive work than most forwards, assists a fair few, can play as a nine or a ten and just strikes me as a better all round footballer tbh. 

Rick Sanchez
21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Exactly. 

If he's been slyly talking to Robbie and has a fair idea of what's on offer he can easily hold out for a cut price move in January or next season.

Is he not also making a bit of cash as a personal trainer? I understand it's not as much as a big move but I think he enjoys being in Scotland.

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

True. 
He has a business outside of football so would need to give that up if he went to Belgium or England. Apparently part of the reason he signed for DUFC in the first place was that he didn't want to move away.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

500k for Shankland, not bad business for United, they should be biting the hand off. If Armand does depart then we probably need a decent one, do we need 2, maybe but 3rd string to Boyce when we play one is a tough gig

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Jack Grealish £100million

:rofl:

Absolutely unreal, eh?

There is not a single player in the English Premier League that is worth that much money, especially one that will likely not even be guaranteed a start at Man City.

On 31/07/2021 at 06:57, Sertse said:

Shankland announced today

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Word through the grapevine is Shankland is having his medical today.

@Sertse hates a rumour 😂

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Jack Grealish £100million

:rofl:

Absolutely insane amount of money gets thrown about down there 😂

Unknown user
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye true enough. I think a penalty box striker like Shankland maybe doesn’t contribute much more than goals. Could be off the mark though because only seen him play a few times. Boyce, on the other hand, does a lot of work, more defensive work than most forwards, assists a fair few, can play as a nine or a ten and just strikes me as a better all round footballer tbh. 

I saw a fair amount of him when the BBC were showing championship games on Friday evenings, he brings very little to the team.

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

500k for Shankland, not bad business for United, they should be biting the hand off. If Armand does depart then we probably need a decent one, do we need 2, maybe but 3rd string to Boyce when we play one is a tough gig

Neilson still looking to bring one in with Boyce and Gnando already there.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Excuses? It’s an opinion on another team and you’ll find there’s been plenty bemoaning(prior to Neilson’s current spell) during the last few years of how our forwards lacked service from what was behind them. 

I think people see we look more dangerous and have better players out wide to provide better threat and service, currently. 

Also, criticism and praise fluctuates from one moment to the next in football. Some poor wee souls can’t accept or handle that.  

Edited by Debut 4

20 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

@Sertse hates a rumour 😂

Scroll further back, you'll see me announcing my ITK status and how you have as much chance of me being right as self proclaimed 'ITK' posters😂

The truth is 99.9% of posters here know the square root of hee/haw about what's going on so you might as well have some fun with it

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***