***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Heed butts the cross bar four times and then pulls his shorts down, gets his clanger caught in the net - that one?

Thats the one :lol:

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not getting his hole I'll bet

Based on his instagram activity it looks like he's a bit obsessed. Follows easily 100+ burds of a certain shape 🍑😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Based on his instagram activity it looks like he's a bit obsessed. Follows easily 100+ burds of a certain shape 🍑😂

There I told you :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ryan Hedges to leave Aberdeen I'm hearing, English Championship bound, Blackburn or Boro is the rumour

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Based on his instagram activity it looks like he's a bit obsessed. Follows easily 100+ burds of a certain shape 🍑😂

Na its just a decoy , likes the pics because he is into a more petite , red haired , white breasted type of bird…. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Ryan Hedges to leave Aberdeen I'm hearing, English Championship bound, Blackburn or Boro is the rumour

**** off to the non-hearts transfer thread wi yer shite…..😘

stevie.nolan.5
13 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Well from @Footballfirst's description of the Raith game, that isn't accurate. According to him, Gnanduillet took his boots on at half time before putting them back on again and starting the second half, before being subbed. So not took boots off and walked. Not saying the second text is or isn't true but the first one sounds like a story that has been told and retold and distorted in the telling.

Did you notice whether Robert's or Popescu were training today? I noticed that as well as not having been involved in the new player profile photos, they were neither on the bench against Celtic nor involved in the Raith bounce game. Wouldn't be shocked to hear both have left the club in the next week or two.

I actually didn’t, I was on the look out for Walker 😂who was training too, must be over his injury from the weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lafferty: he had 2, one for normal teams and one for the green mobs. Green mob was to stand in front of them and salute. second was he would run and jump and at the same time pump one hand off his chest.

Naismith: Makes a bubble-bursting motion

Walker: loves a run to the corner flag

Boyce: Makes a shape with his hand and fingers to the crowd, looks like an  "A" or something?

Just a few haha. But then i'm weird when it comes to celebrations.  Like see when players would stick their thumb in their mouth, i used to go off my nut at them. totally ruined the great goal they just scored., 

Steven McLean was erm...bold.

0_18929666.jpg

The Wrinkly Ninja
41 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

My mate is a ST holder at United. I don’t get a choice of not ‘ paying attention’.  :facepalm:

If you want to make a million excuses for him crack on, but the facts are he’s as proven as a goal scorer at Premiership level as Nicky Clark is. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be getting linked with us to ‘get him off the wage bill’.

Shanklands is as proven at goal scoring at premiership level for Dundee United as Boyce is for us. Shanklands most recent record at championship level for Dundee United is better than Boyce’s for us.

I wouldn’t swap Boyce for Shankland but sometimes players give you more than just goals.

4 minutes ago, Beni said:

Steven McLean was erm...bold.

0_18929666.jpg

He sums up our signing policy under Levein. 

August Landmesser
41 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs 🤣 I genuinely would struggle to tell you what a players celebration was like. If its when playing i was caught up in the moment and its often a blue , watching im usually too busy shouting or bouncing about , falling down rows etc. Rudi is prob the only one i could tell you what his celebrations were like in 35+ years

If they don't storm the fence at the Dunbar End after scoring, then they can GTF. Wage feeffs

Fozzy, Bozzy and Big Phil Stamp are the only Hearts players i've ever liked

FACT!!1111!!

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Shanklands is as proven at goal scoring at premiership level for Dundee United as Boyce is for us. Shanklands most recent record at championship level for Dundee United is better than Boyce’s for us.

I wouldn’t swap Boyce for Shankland but sometimes players give you more than just goals.

Which is very obvious for Boyce as he is one of our best players and first names on the sheet. Shankland would be a great signing

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Which is very obvious for Boyce as he is one of our best players and first names on the sheet. Shankland would be a great signing

Correct

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Boyce previously scored 48 in 100 premiership games for Ross County. Shankland has never scored consistently at a decent level 

lost in space
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, I ave' a joab

Not as an English teacher then?

Must be a job with loads of time off.......

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If they don't storm the fence at the Dunbar End after scoring, then they can GTF. Wage feeffs

Fozzy, Bozzy and Big Phil Stamp are the only Hearts players i've ever liked

FACT!!1111!!

Fozzy Bozzy n Stamp thats either a protection racket gang or a new trend on tik tok

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boyce previously scored 48 in 100 premiership games for Ross County. Shankland has never scored consistently at a decent level 

Shankland doesn’t need to come in and score 20 goals a season, if he comes in and grabs 10 then that’s a lot less pressure on boyce. Not going to get many better than shankland for the price being branded about 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Beni said:

It's a football forum, things that are discussed on football forums tend to be football and related topics. It's implicit in most replies that people are stating their opinion rather than commenting as an expert.

If as seems to be the case, this is a problem for you, then maybe football forums aren't for you.

You would think he would be used to folk knowing more than he does?

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What do you mean by this.?

Apart from his early stint with Aberdeen he has only played one season in the SPFL that I am aware of so hard to judge.

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na its just a decoy , likes the pics because he is into a more petite , red haired , white breasted type of bird…. 

Honestly man, going through his Insta follows is like looking at the inside of an Amsterdam phone box 😂

gorgieheart

So, current whispers are a new CB, Shankland, the boy Scott from Hull, who was supposed to be going to St Midden, but isnt...anything else  ?

Ibrahim Tall
22 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You do realise Boyce scored ~20 a season for Ross County for 2 years in the Premier? 

15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Shankland doesn’t need to come in and score 20 goals a season, if he comes in and grabs 10 then that’s a lot less pressure on boyce. Not going to get many better than shankland for the price being branded about 

This. We would have Shankland AND Boyce. Not sure how anyone sees a negative in this. 

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Apart from his early stint with Aberdeen he has only played one season in the SPFL that I am aware of so hard to judge.

The guy I work with is a huge Utd fan and watches every single game, and says that United have done absolutely nothing to supply him. Shelled balls up to him and expecting him to work wonders. Which he sometimes did.

If we can supply with with good crosses from GMS and Gino, and through the middle with Boyce I think we have a very very good strike partnership.

Providing its all true of course.

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Are you suggesting Dr Funk will be making a return? 

That would be some signing.  He would come back a better player than when he left. 

This is one ex player I'd take back in a minute.  

Ccjambo1874
33 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

He sums up our signing policy under Levein. 

Remember Levein saying

'I actually like the fact that he can't run.'

😂🤯

50 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lafferty: he had 2, one for normal teams and one for the green mobs. Green mob was to stand in front of them and salute. second was he would run and jump and at the same time pump one hand off his chest.

Naismith: Makes a bubble-bursting motion

Walker: loves a run to the corner flag

Boyce: Makes a shape with his hand and fingers to the crowd, looks like an  "A" or something?

Just a few haha. But then i'm weird when it comes to celebrations.  Like see when players would stick their thumb in their mouth, i used to go off my nut at them. totally ruined the great goal they just scored., 

Think Gnando is in the Seb Haller group. Barely registers.

Antonio has had some absolute classics

Gary Locke? Once did a machine gun with all the players getting shit but then there was a mass shooting and we never saw it again

Personal favourite? Kevin Kyle’s v Hibs or the real Frank Lampard v Everton in FA Cup semi replay 1980

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

That’s not wrong but people abroad in general are more likely to have heard of Aberdeen for the CWC/Ferguson  than us and given our recent two relegations etc that point would probably go to them. Like I said, it’s a shitty argument to get into. Neither club is Bayern Munich or Barcelona, the size difference is that small that arguing over a few hundred seats or a trophy win that half a teams fanbase wasn’t alive for is silly. 

A few thousand seats more like. 🤔 

Ainsley Harriott
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly he managed 7 goals all season. Hes a James Keatings.

9 minutes ago, 151 said:

The guy I work with is a huge Utd fan and watches every single game, and says that United have done absolutely nothing to supply him. Shelled balls up to him and expecting him to work wonders. Which he sometimes did.

If we can supply with with good crosses from GMS and Gino, and through the middle with Boyce I think we have a very very good strike partnership.

Providing its all true of course.

Our supply to forwards very rarely comes from crosses which is why, I reckon Gnando is struggling a bit and why I’m not sure about Shankland.

He’s a punt at SPL level but NOW has a years experience. Punt worth taking but 500k? Nah!

Fitzroy Pointon
39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

only when his old man was watching 🤣

How old was his "old man"? :wow:

Spindly Legs McLean. Ridiculous signing.

The Wrinkly Ninja
19 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You do realise Boyce scored ~20 a season for Ross County for 2 years in the Premier? 

Yeah you are right.

We shouldn’t consider signing Shankland. He wouldn’t score goals due to Liam Boyce scoring more than 20 once 6 years ago for Ross County.

I think he would be a great signing alongside Boyce.

Lone Striker

Apologies if this has already been discussed .... but McPhee has landed a gig as Aston Villa's "set piece" coach.   

tbf, it sounds tailor-made for a laptop guy like him.      He can come up with dozens of permutations of players running this way & that way at corners & free-kicks, then  just blame the other teams defenders when none of it leads to a goals.

So thats Cathro and him now in the EPL earning big money.        World's gone mad.     

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not as an English teacher then?

Must be a job with loads of time off.......

I do try hard for a work/ life/ jkb balance. 

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Word through the grapevine is Shankland is having his medical today.

Would be superb if true !!

3 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

More rumours coming from Dundee that Walker was involved in the deal but refused to go. Don’t know if been posted already. 

Walker questioned management, his days are numbered 👍

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That would be some signing.  He would come back a better player than when he left. 

This is one ex player I'd take back in a minute.  

Where would you play him Right back ? 

15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly he managed 7 goals all season. Hes a James Keatings.

Best Championship tallies:

Keatings 13 in 30

Shankland 24 in 26

Best Premiership tallies:

Keatings 1 in 17

Shankland 8 in 32

Not even close, really.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***