• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

i don’t know a lot about Shankland, but seems like the type of guy that if he knew a club like Hearts had a hint of interest - that would be a much more attractive option than some random team in Belgium 

It would be quite a turnaround going from someone reluctant to leave the Scottish Championship to someone suddenly wanting to try his luck abroad.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Have I been watching a different Hearts team for the last four years when people wouldn’t be delighted to sign Lawrence Shankland? Some

people have completely lost all sense of perspective.

Yes you have. It's a different team this season to last season, nevremind the last 4 years.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

?

That doesn't make sense.

The 25 man squad doesn't need to be named until the end of the transfer window. Why would someone who's going out on loan be registered with the parent club's championship squad?

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, NM6742 said:

Greg Stewart as I previously mentioned is still a target for Neilson

He must be getting on now

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Fully expect Josh Harrop to be a Hearts player in the coming weeks.

Dont shoot me if it doesn’t happen :thumbsup: 

Meh. Would involve a fee and a big wage would it not? 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

That doesn't make sense.

The 25 man squad doesn't need to be named until the end of the transfer window. Why would someone who's going out on loan be registered with the parent club's championship squad?

Under 21 Players who are on Loan to Championship Clubs are counted towards the 25 Player limit for the purpose of the Squad List Regulation.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility...

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/transfers/preston-reportedly-willing-to-let-josh-harrop-leave-this-summer/?amp

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Under 21 Players who are on Loan to Championship Clubs are counted towards the 25 Player limit for the purpose of the Squad List Regulation.

4 hours ago, john thomas said:

He is a weegie

My attempt at inverted humour.Usually a hun goin to Hearts games-Hun without the bus fare.Jambo fi weeg goin to hun games-Jambo without the bus fare.

Arthur Morgan

That's an interesting one and does look like a goer, another Australian journalist reporting it as well.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

KyleLafferty

He’s left this summer and was at the olympics. Probably what the hold up is. I haven’t seen a bad report about him, all that he is a pler.

KyleLafferty
55 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s left this summer and was at the olympics. Probably what the hold up is. I haven’t seen a bad report about him, all that he is a pler.

Looks like he signed for Newcastle jets in June but had an overseas clause in his contract.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've signed many players who were on much higher wages before - Steven Naismith and Craig Gordon for example recently, Beni more than likely, and anyone else we sign from high League One and English Championship upwards. So it's not that big a stretch if it comes down to getting games and playing for a club you like. 

Whilst i agree it's not impossible or he wouldnt want too come home, callum is only 26 and with football being a short career he will naturally be keen to make the most money he can from the game,  in order to set him up financially for when his career ends. It's More than likely to happen as he winds down his career,  but we are  a good 5/6 years away from that 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

The aussie fans are of the opinion he could sign for a bigger club than us,  or we are a stepping stone to a bigger club eventually, which I am totally fine with.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Many epochs ago, lost in the sands of time, many hundreds of pages ago, an ancient itk poster foretold that we will sign someone from the far side of the globe. 

this is the other tweet referred to, seems to be a credible sports broadcaster so could well be something in this.  CDM,  good age.  If true clearly Haring not seen as a reliable option this year. 

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

this is the other tweet referred to, seems to be a credible sports broadcaster so could well be something in this.  CDM,  good age.  If true clearly Haring not seen as a reliable option this year. 

Would imagine this also means mceneff will be on the way out, doesn’t seem to be in the frame as it is

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Or maybe not seen as just a midfielder but also as the CB cover for both Halks and Soapy. I think Haring is valued in the squad but the team/system isn’t getting built around him.

12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Would imagine this also means mceneff will be on the way out, doesn’t seem to be in the frame as it is

He’s just signed for Newcastle(Australia)

3 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

He’s just signed for Newcastle(Australia)

Had a release clause for a European club, seems both Aussie teams getting part of the fee 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

What makes you think that m8? 2 Years left on his contract and playing for them from what I can see.

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Had a release clause for a European club, seems both Aussie teams getting part of the fee 👍🏻

Interesting - looks like could do a job - although not sure what says about mceneff

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

Interesting - looks like could do a job - although not sure what says about mceneff

Two different type of players and we need a squad.

1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

If it does happen it just shows the media here know nothing about what’s going on, both players signed news leaked from their own area 

21 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Not sure. Looks like Devlin is a combative midfielder whereas McEneff is (supposed to be) box to box, similar to Pollock. 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

We hate a defensive Central midfielder eh??

What is going on with McEneff? Even if it's not true the Aussie is coming to us, it seems like he's being pushed to the side

Just now, Smithee said:

We hate a defensive Central midfielder eh??

LOL I must admit this my thought too

We doo have rather too may when we are so light in other areas unless others are leaving?

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

He must be getting on now

Seems like we've been interested in him since about 2010. 😂

Always thought he was talented. A bit different to most Scottish players.

CloustonHMFC
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on, better to get something than nothing. 

While I agree in regards to us getting a fee if he doesn't sign a new contract, I 100% believe he will sign a new contract.

He loves Hearts and will be forever grateful to us for the support the club showed him during injuries etc.

Any contract will be at least 2 years, if not 3, with a gentleman's agreement that should a club of certain calibre come in with an acceptable offer we will let him go.

CloustonHMFC

I can't see us paying the money for Shankland but it's crazy folk saying they wouldn't take him. He's had one bad season in the most defensive Dundee United team I've ever seen. He'll easily score 10+ for us should we continue creating the chances we are.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I can't see us paying the money for Shankland but it's crazy folk saying they wouldn't take him. He's had one bad season in the most defensive Dundee United team I've ever seen. He'll easily score 10+ for us should we continue creating the chances we are.

One bad season for United in the premier and one good season for United in the championship.

Lawrence Shankland may be a good signing, but right now he's never impressed in the top division

Description of Devlin tho would explain why we are paying 2 clubs

Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the signing of workhorse midfielder Cameron Devlin for the next two A-League seasons.  

The 23-year-old, who was named today as an Olyroos Olympic train on squad member, is an exciting addition to the squad, adding defensive steel and attacking finesse to the centre of the park.  

kingantti1874
Just now, Smithee said:

One bad season for United in the premier and one good season for United in the championship.

Lawrence Shankland may be a good signing, but right now he's never impressed in the top division

Neither had Colin Cameron, Neil McCann or Paul Hartley or Andy Webster when we signed them.  

It’s a a rubbish argument, some of the views on signing Shankland are downright bizarre.  He’s a  striker who with the right service could net 10/15 goals a seasons! A striker who could be great in games where we have loads of possession in and around the box, games we here we currently struggle to nick a goal.. 

you’ve all lost the ****ing plot.

btw - I don’t think he will come here anyway unless it’s a pre contract. But to not want him? Weirdos to a man 😂

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Description of Devlin tho would explain why we are paying 2 clubs

Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the signing of workhorse midfielder Cameron Devlin for the next two A-League seasons.  

The 23-year-old, who was named today as an Olyroos Olympic train on squad member, is an exciting addition to the squad, adding defensive steel and attacking finesse to the centre of the park.  

This sounds like a bit of a coup judging by the Aussie comments Iv seen. I wonder how much of a fee we’re paying. With regards to McAneff I still think there’s a future for him it’s just very early days and he’ll need to grasp his opportunity when it comes

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Neither had Colin Cameron, Neil McCann or Paul Hartley or Andy Webster when we signed them.  

It’s a a rubbish argument, some of the views on signing Shankland are downright bizarre.  He’s a  striker who with the right service could net 10/15 goals a seasons! A striker who could be great in games where we have loads of possession in and around the box, games we here we currently struggle to nick a goal.. 

you’ve all lost the ****ing plot.

btw - I don’t think he will come here anyway unless it’s a pre contract. But to not want him? Weirdos to a man 😂

I don't recall Cameron, McCann or Webster having unimpressive seasons in the top division before we signed them.

I've given the reasons I don't fancy him, they're based on having watched and analysed his game in quite a few full matches.

Edited by Smithee

Robbo-Jambo
39 minutes ago, Sertse said:

What is going on with McEneff? Even if it's not true the Aussie is coming to us, it seems like he's being pushed to the side

Strange one that.

Not even coming off the bench.

Not shown up well in pre season, maybe ??

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't recall Cameron, McCann or Webster having unimpressive seasons in the top division before we signed them.

I've given the reasons I don't fancy him, they're based on having watched and analysed his game in quite a few full matches.

I very much doubt that, just jumped on the latest bandwagon. 

if they had watched him they would come to the conclusion that 7 goals wasn’t a terrible return for the chances that he got, that his effort in winning the ball back was excellent, that his movement in an around the box was still excellent when he could do it in the unbelievably rare times United ventured forward. And that undoubtedly - if he gets chances he will score goals. 

As I’ve said preciously, I am friends with several Utd season ticket holders.  All of them rate him and whilst disappointed in his return last year none of them point towards Shankland - all of them point to the fact that they were garbage and played far too deep. All of them think that if Shankland goes they are down, in fact most of them think they are down anyway as they can create chances.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Strange one that.

Savages first real signing as well. To be fair,he's done OK when allowed to play his natural role.

Record reporting this

Devlin 'closing in' on Hearts switch

Hearts are nearing a deal for Australian rising star Cameron Devlin -according to a report.

He has been with Australia U23 squad at the Olympics and is yet to play for current club Newcastle Jets having only joined them in June.

But reporter Joey Lynch says Hearts will pay a fee for the midfielder who is being tipped for success with the Soccerroos.

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Strange one that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playing players only if they deserve it but it's peculiar the one guy we actually paid a fee for, that Savage has been watching for years, isn't making it onto the bench. Strange.

BackOfTheNet

The quest has clearly had Men at Work all over the globe

:cowboy::taz::horse:

Obligatory…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I very much doubt that, just jumped on the latest bandwagon. 

if they had watched him they would come to the conclusion that 7 goals wasn’t a terrible return for the chances that he got, that his effort in winning the ball back was excellent, that his movement in an around the box was still excellent when he could do it in the unbelievably rare times United ventured forward. And that undoubtedly - if he gets chances he will score goals. 

As I’ve said preciously, I am friends with several Utd season ticket holders.  All of them rate him and whilst disappointed in his return last year none of them point towards Shankland - all of them point to the fact that they were garbage and played far too deep. All of them think that if Shankland goes they are down, in fact most of them think they are down anyway as they can create chances.

Well I'm telling you as fact I've seen quite a lot of him so you can ram your bandwagon crap

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***