***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well I'm telling you as fact I've seen quite a lot of him so you can ram your bandwagon crap

As have presumably the scouts for several clubs who seem to want to take him for a more than decent fee.  But of course you (and the other who catch the sport scene highlights)  know more than them, more than  the United fans who watch him every week. 

A blind man can tell he has the raw attributes required to score goals at this level.  I’ll leave it at that

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

I’m not sure we are in any position to turn down the likes of Shankland if he is available at sensible money. It’s been a long time since we have had a genuine goal scorer in our team. While he hasn’t really proved himself at this level yet the boy knows where the net is. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As have presumably the scouts for several clubs who seem to want to take him for a more than decent fee.  But of course you (and the other who catch the sport scene highlights)  know more than them, more than  the United fans who watch him every week. 

A blind man can tell he has the raw attributes required to score goals at this level.  I’ll leave it at that

You don't deal with opposing opinions well do you?

Have you watched much of him?

27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest has clearly had Men at Work all over the globe

:cowboy::taz::horse:

Obligatory…

He scored a screamer against baby Gowser's old team back in March... 

1.30 into the video below:

https://youtu.be/SRMapAOqMvw

Edit: apologies, I have no idea how to add a video properly! 

Edited by Dano307

Biffa Bacon
30 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Record reporting this

Devlin 'closing in' on Hearts switch

Hearts are nearing a deal for Australian rising star Cameron Devlin -according to a report.

He has been with Australia U23 squad at the Olympics and is yet to play for current club Newcastle Jets having only joined them in June.

But reporter Joey Lynch says Hearts will pay a fee for the midfielder who is being tipped for success with the Soccerroos.

This can't be right, as I read one of our financial experts point out that we are skint. 🤣

Aussie Jambo

If we have landed Cameron Devlin then what a signing. Take it from me.  I am also a Sydney FC fan over here. He played for us first. He’s a great midfielder and good battler. Can also score the odd goal. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

If we have landed Cameron Devlin then what a signing. Take it from me.  I am also a Sydney FC fan over here. He played for us first. He’s a great midfielder and good battler. Can also score the odd goal. 

Is he better than Bozanic? 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Its a long way for a young lad to come, settle and hit the ground running. I hope we look after him well.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Not sure I would have prioritised another CM but with Haring‘s injury history this might not be the worst move. Feel for McEneff though who looked a player when he came in last season and is seemingly well down the pecking order.

Thumb Up Emoji

Sounds promising. As others have said, interesting we've signed another DM. Perhaps Halliday is on his way out as part of a swap deal...

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Perhaps McEneff is being groomed as cover for GMS and Ginnelly? Wishful thinking perhaps but I liked what I saw from him at points last year.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You don't deal with opposing opinions well do you?

Have you watched much of him?

yes I have, I’ve been to dozens of United games, at least 6 when Shankland has been playing.

One of my best friends has deep ties to the club and gets us free tickets 

Rather than McEneff I'd say it's Haring that should be worried considering the description of Devlin. Which I'd be gutted about, Haring looks far more like his old self to me.

Aussie Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ryan, Dylan, Ben, Olly & Paddy,will all tell him to get his arse over here.

Deal's as good as signed. 

Definitely Barrack. They’ll tell him it’s a foot into the UK. He’ll already know. Just a total random signing. He’s definitely a good midfielder. Plus he can score. 

Unknown user
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yes I have, I’ve been to dozens of United games, at least 6 when Shankland has been playing.

One of my best friends has deep ties to the club and gets us free tickets 

I've seen a lot more of him than 6 games between his time at United and Ayr so aye, I can confirm you can indeed ram your bandwagon patter.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Four faces said:

My attempt at inverted humour.Usually a hun goin to Hearts games-Hun without the bus fare.Jambo fi weeg goin to hun games-Jambo without the bus fare.

It was obvious, I liked it. 👍

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why did he end up at Wellington, are they a step up from Sydney?

Because he’s a good player. But he didn’t get much game time. I think he went to Newcastle though not that long ago. But he is a good player. 

Aussie Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Shree year deal incoming.

Or maybe ‘fower’ as the day in Dalkeith. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Because he’s a good player. But he didn’t get much game time. I think he went to Newcastle though not that long ago. But he is a good player. 

signed for Newcastle in June 

9 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Rather than McEneff I'd say it's Haring that should be worried considering the description of Devlin. Which I'd be gutted about, Haring looks far more like his old self to me.

You may be right, If we land Devlin somebody is likely away. 

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wellington...boot.👍🏻

Was poor, I know.

The fact you had to explain that one is funnier than the original joke 🤣🤣

Too early for Biffa I guess!

8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why did he end up at Wellington, are they a step up from Sydney?

Couldn't negotiate a new deal

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've seen a lot more of him than 6 games between his time at United and Ayr so aye, I can confirm you can indeed ram your bandwagon patter.

So you watched him live for United and ayr in the championship and came to the conclusion he isn’t worth a punt.  Despite averaging what 30 a season there or there abouts? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You may be right, If we land Devlin somebody is likely away. 

Haring in his last year of his contract is my guess. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Didn't Harring come to us as a CH? Sure he played centre defence previously 

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Sounds like another defensive midfielder, which is not what we need. 

It is 

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if the work permit then quarantine holding up the move for Devlin. Australia were knocked out the olympics early on

Their Group was tough; Argentina, Spain and Egypt. Beat Argentina 2-0 (don’t think he played though) and lost 1-0 to Spain and I think 2-0 to Egypt, who only got knocked out by Brazil. Gave a good account of themselves, but I’m not sure if Devlin had any minutes.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could well be that simple. Like the sound of the potential new guy. Everybody loves energy in midfield.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Neither had Colin Cameron, Neil McCann or Paul Hartley or Andy Webster when we signed them.  

It’s a a rubbish argument, some of the views on signing Shankland are downright bizarre.  He’s a  striker who with the right service could net 10/15 goals a seasons! A striker who could be great in games where we have loads of possession in and around the box, games we here we currently struggle to nick a goal.. 

you’ve all lost the ****ing plot.

btw - I don’t think he will come here anyway unless it’s a pre contract. But to not want him? Weirdos to a man 😂

Don't think we've all lost the plot. 

It's quite right to have reservations about a guy who is currently commanding a fee and relatively  high wages. 

He's 25 and Halkett has more top flight goals. 

I'd like him as an option if the finances where right but he's not in the same class as the punts we taken on Reilly, Wighton and Keatings in recent years. 

He's apparently far more expensive than these. 

You could be right but Shankland is a strange one, bigger clubs are not interested in him for a reason. 

Don't think it makes folk weird to question all of this. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest has clearly had Men at Work all over the globe

:cowboy::taz::horse:

Obligatory…

Is he 6'4 and made of muscle?

Jack Torrance
31 minutes ago, ericb said:

Its a long way for a young lad to come, settle and hit the ground running. I hope we look after him well.

They'll fly him over. He'll be fine.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think we've all lost the plot. 

It's quite right to have reservations about a guy who is currently commanding a fee and relatively  high wages. 

He's 25 and Halkett has more top flight goals. 

I'd like him as an option if the finances where right but he's not in the same class as the punts we taken on Reilly, Wighton and Keatings in recent years. 

He's apparently far more expensive than these. 

You could be right but Shankland is a strange one, bigger clubs are not interested in him for a reason. 

Don't think it makes folk weird to question all of this. 

Reservations over the fee is fine, I get that.  Those declaring that hes rubbish and not good enough for the SPL on the basis of last season however have lost their minds

what do you mean he isn’t in the same class as Wighton, Reilly and Keatings? I really hope to god you aren’t suggesting any of those players are better than Shankland  

Edited by kingantti1874

Berra than you

Tbh if we are sticking with the 3-4-3 then I think the 2 central midfielders have to be sitters. Yes sure they can press forward, but most of the attacks should come from the front three and wing backs. Gives us another in there, with McEneff, walker and Pollock as more forward thinking options.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is he 6'4 and made of muscle?

Partial to Veggiemite sandwiches as well, always handing them out.

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Best defensive midfielder in the A League the last 2 years. 23yo.

20210805_085836.jpg

Wow. If we get him then other teams better run, they better take cover.

Edited by Sertse

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Partial to Veggiemite sandwiches as well, always handing them out.

Beat me to it!

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20210805_085836.jpg

Devlin AND Baningime would be some ball winning midfield duo it seems

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

20210805_085836.jpg

Sounds like he's a wee battler, we need guys to do the dirty work in there, midfield will be key this season, get the ball and retain it plus it takes the pressure of the defence

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Beat me to it!

Devlin AND Baningime would be some ball winning midfield duo it seems

Midfield has been one of our weakest places on the pitch for a while, this may well turn it into our strongest😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***