***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Yesterday afternoon Barry Anderson tweeted there was ‘nothing imminent’ at Hearts.

The next morning this guy is widely reported as signing.

Fair to say Barry is now not ITK, if he ever was.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

it is another df or it is what we need?

Haring has missed a lot and in the final year of his contract and Andy Halliday is well Andy Halliday. And Robbies new system needs to defensive mids so I can see the sense in it 

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Best defensive midfielder in the A League the last 2 years. 23yo.

20210805_085836.jpg

Exactly the sort of player we need in this league. After Haring got injured we really had no one who could be combative in the midfield. Looks like we might just have two shortly.  I like what I’m seeing with Devlin.  Hopefully concluded soon.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Beat me to it!

Devlin AND Baningime would be some ball winning midfield duo it seems

Loved that song back in the day, makes me feel old though. Which arguably I am! Got to agree looking at the stats, we would create turn overs of possession quite regularly which would hopefully allow for quick counter attacks.

Haring when fit can play a relatively attacking role. 

An outright DM, two box to box players, an all rounder. 

seems a good balance. 

Beni

Halliday

Haring

McEneff 

Devlin

Any 2/3 of those would be a midfield that would certainly give the back 3 protection and allow the front guys to stay high up the pitch (something Halliday mentioned was part of the game plan vs Celtic). The problem will be if we get any injuries in any other position - Devlin sounds like a great signing on paper but we need more in other areas. 

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest has clearly had Men at Work all over the globe

:cowboy::taz::horse:

Obligatory…

How do you get the whelmsley emoticon up? I can't find it 😭

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Beni

Halliday

Haring

McEneff 

Devlin

Any 2/3 of those would be a midfield that would certainly give the back 3 protection and allow the front guys to stay high up the pitch (something Halliday mentioned was part of the game plan vs Celtic). The problem will be if we get any injuries in any other position - Devlin sounds like a great signing on paper but we need more in other areas. 

Just got a feeling Haring is on his way out and there's something going on with McEneff. Based on absolutely nothing but just a feeling.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Beni

Halliday

Haring

McEneff 

Devlin

Yup, with this signing we should be happy on the middle of the park. CB, and a forward who can play wide as a minimum still required.

Rudi cant fail
5 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Yesterday afternoon Barry Anderson tweeted there was ‘nothing imminent’ at Hearts.

The next morning this guy is widely reported as signing.

Fair to say Barry is now not ITK, if he ever was.

Could be that Barry is just respecting the wishes of the club by not revealing anything until a deal is all but done.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Signs for the Newcastle Jets on 28th June on a two year deal, leaves 5 weeks later??

International release clause is the consensus

Batistuta87

This Devlin lad sounds like he's got a bit of the Ryan Edwards about him. A kinda wee guy who is enthusiastic, works hard, puts himself about the pitch and isn't afraid to battle with the bigger guys. Fingers crossed he's a good signing 👍🏻

Ainsley Harriott
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I swear he gets his news and rumours from here

He loves a copy and paste straight out the daily record. Blocked my mate on twitter after he pointed out the evening news had published an article word for word almost the same as the record the day before.

Thumb Up Emoji
3 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Could be that Barry is just respecting the wishes of the club by not revealing anything until a deal is all but done.

Hiya Barry

Vlad the impaler

So much for free transfers....that’s the two latest signings been under contract and fees paid. Is Mr Anderson flexing his muscles to make sure were competitive at the top end?!

Thought Police

With our system I’d say it’s curtains for McEneff, Haring and Pollock. Robbie will rotate between Beni, this guy and Halliday.

jamboinglasgow

An interesting signing, certainly seems to be highly rated in Australia. Doubt we will see him play till at least the end of month because of work permit and quarantine.

Saw St Johnstones head of recruitment reply to someone asking what player is he like (style wise) and he said Kante. Also saw an Aussie who is a fan of Everton say that Devlin is neater on the ball than Beni and the two would compliment each other.

Certainly exciting time. The fact that this is the second central midfielder signed when we also have talked about the need of getting a defender thinks we are being very busy.

Babderson and Kickback ITKs in shambles 😂😂

Looks a good player - decent midfield options. Interesting to see what happens with McEneff 

People complaining about depth... at the moment our ‘second Xi’ wouldn’t make it out the championship. We are one injury away from Halliday playing CM!

CM is one of the most important positions there is and an area we have struggled. 

In space of a year replaced Irving and Olly Lee with Beni, Devlin and McEneff. Seemingly very good business indeed 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Shankland supposedly has flown to Brussels to complete his Belgian move. Devlin to buy bread from him.

His arms must be killing him.

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

With our system I’d say it’s curtains for McEneff, Haring and Pollock. Robbie will rotate between Beni, this guy and Halliday.

Curtains for Pollock a but strong! Maybe plan is to loan him out so he can play

Options are good. Never know when an injury is round the corner 

7 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

It was in a response to all the speculation that Shankland was having a medical. He didn’t need to add that part at all, so no, I’d say he is out the loop.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

If we have landed Cameron Devlin then what a signing. Take it from me.  I am also a Sydney FC fan over here. He played for us first. He’s a great midfielder and good battler. Can also score the odd goal. 

Didn't he only play 7 senior games for Sydney?

24 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Wow. If we get him then other teams better run, they better take cover.

Think we have had him for a while. 

8 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I think it is likely to be curtains for at least one of them but there will almost certainly be times where we start with, or revert to, 3 centre mids so we do needs a fair few, Getting rid of all three you mentioned would leave us short imo.

Abiola Dauda
8 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Looks a good player - decent midfield options. Interesting to see what happens with McEneff 

People complaining about depth... at the moment our ‘second Xi’ wouldn’t make it out the championship. We are one injury away from Halliday playing CM!

CM is one of the most important positions there is and an area we have struggled. 

In space of a year replaced Irving and Olly Lee with Beni, Devlin and McEneff. Seemingly very good business indeed 

I seem to remember McEneff playing well at RWB

Particularly loving the ages of the players we’re signing,   Players that are hopefully hungry to improve and run all day with the potential of resale value.  This guy looks like another decent signing, hopefully turns out to be great for us, alongside Beni. 

Melbourne Jambo
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Didn't he only play 7 senior games for Sydney?

Yeah, couldn't break into an exception midfield for regular minutes. Since then he's played two seasons for Wellington and been fantastic.

Just now, That-Day-In-May said:

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast

image.jpeg.6791561e4df2c3eb0002d79ff68fc3a6.jpeg

Not vegemite sandwiches again 🤬

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it is likely to be curtains for at least one of them but there will almost certainly be times where we start with, or revert to, 3 centre mids so we do needs a fair few, Getting rid of all three you mentioned would leave us short imo.

People also seem to forget we need cover for injury, suspension and to push when form dips.

I have a suspicion on the account name of Barry Anderson on here, have for a long time. They post in a similar way he writes articles. I won't say who but they are a resident gobshite.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

People also seem to forget we need cover for injury, suspension and to push when form dips.

Exactly Bob. 👍

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I have a suspicion on the account name of Barry Anderson on here, have for a long time. They post in a similar way he writes articles. I won't say who but they are a resident gobshite.

Spill the beans bro. You are among friends.

38 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Tbh if we are sticking with the 3-4-3 then I think the 2 central midfielders have to be sitters. Yes sure they can press forward, but most of the attacks should come from the front three and wing backs. Gives us another in there, with McEneff, walker and Pollock as more forward thinking options.

When Jordan initially played 343, you would like consider Ferguson and Millar as 'sitters' but both played quite high too with of course Millar chipping in with goals.

23 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Signs for the Newcastle Jets on 28th June on a two year deal, leaves 5 weeks later??

Wee money maker that jets have done a few times. Overseas clause apparently isn't that unusual in a-league

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Spill the beans bro. You are among friends.

Others have suspected it as well, I think they've named the account before. My clue is when people mostly seem in agreement about something, they'll pop up and argue the opposite. Consistently. 

Just now, Sertse said:

Others have suspected it as well, I think they've named the account before. My clue is when people mostly seem in agreement about something, they'll pop up and argue the opposite. Consistently. 

Could be one of about 100 posters 😀

hmfc_liam06
20 minutes ago, R1874 said:

On behalf of all ITK's, we apologies. We will try harder in future 🙄

12 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast

image.jpeg.6791561e4df2c3eb0002d79ff68fc3a6.jpeg

It's "what you need" and "they"ll never tear us apart"

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Wee money maker that jets have done a few times. Overseas clause apparently isn't that unusual in a-league

Or he was just that good in training …

kingantti1874
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Anybody still gutted we let Andy Irving leave? He wasn't good enough, particularly for the 3-4-3.

No

Ford Prentice
32 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Disagree. You have to mix it up a bit, during games as against Celtic and game to game.

Haring I expect will go at end of contract but will have a back up role until then.

Pollock and McEnuff provide something different, expect both to get significant game time as season goes on.

Don't want to re-ignite the Halliday debate (not a big fan but appreciate his qualities) but expect him to revert to utility squad player rather than first choice CM.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***