***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Boyces beard
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm a bit of an A League fan and I've been given a bit of stick in the past for talking up its quality. 

Looks like our manager and me agree.....

Never seen much of the A league myself Jonno, how is the standard compared to the premier league here in Scotland?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aussie Jambo
23 minutes ago, Melbourne Jambo said:

Yeah, couldn't break into an exception midfield for regular minutes. Since then he's played two seasons for Wellington and been fantastic.

Yep as above. But remember plenty Jambos live down here. Pretty sure it would have been word of mouth or ex hearts connections. How the feck would they know about Devlin?

Does the A League get shown on Sky? 

Aussie Jambo

Yeah, couldn't break into an exception midfield for regular minutes. Since then he's played two seasons for Wellington and been fantastic.

Yep as above. But remember plenty Jambos live down here. Pretty sure it would have been word of mouth or ex hearts connections. How the feck would they know about Devlin?

Aussie Jambo

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

That's hallidays place in the team gone. Thank God.

Useful back up/squad player for us but felt we could do better.  Was rather underwhelmed with him and Irving against Championship sides…..hopefully we have a faster more dynamic midfield.  

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Aussie Jambo said:

It's on Sky or BT Sport, I can't recall. Definitely shown though.

Aussie Jambo

👍

Gordon Ramsay

Curtains for Haring and/or McEneff. 

Always sceptical about signing players from that league but the boys stats do look decent. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Haring and Beningame is an exciting midfield pairing. Hopefully Devlin will be the replacement for Halliday because I'm gonna miss Haring if he goes and we'll be losing one of the best midfielders in the SPFL.

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Description of Devlin tho would explain why we are paying 2 clubs

Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the signing of workhorse midfielder Cameron Devlin for the next two A-League seasons.  

The 23-year-old, who was named today as an Olyroos Olympic train on squad member, is an exciting addition to the squad, adding defensive steel and attacking finesse to the centre of the park.  

Attacking finesse!!

Wouldnt that be luvverly

kingantti1874
Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Haring and Beningame is an exciting midfield pairing. Hopefully Devlin will be the replacement for Halliday because I'm gonna miss Haring if he goes and we'll be losing one of the best midfielders in the SPFL.

same

Re Shankland, if we are interested in him then better hurry as I fully expect Hib5 to go for him if they lose Nisbet. 

Byyy The Light

Why does it have to curtains for anybody?

We need to strengthen the squad to cover for injuries but also keep standards high with competition for places.  We know Robbie loves to tinker so if we can raise the bar with increased quality it doesn't mean we have to chase folk out the door.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Curtains for Haring and/or McEneff. 

Always sceptical about signing players from that league but the boys stats do look decent. 

Got a link to his stats? I think it’s more likely Pollock will go out on loan …

I'd say you want 4/5 cm choices.

He'd prob give us 6

Dev, Ben, Pete, Halliday, McEneff, Pollock.

Perhaps all slightly different in style. Halliday decent utility but pretty happy he prob won't be a mainstay. McEneff and Pollock somewhat horses for courses as more attacking central options.

Leaves Beni, Pete and Cam fighting for the 2 pivotal roles in our system.

Then there's the enigma that is Jamie Walker.

Say it again, RWB next and most important imo.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I'd say you want 4/5 cm choices.

He'd prob give us 6

Dev, Ben, Pete, Halliday, McEneff, Pollock.

Perhaps all slightly different in style. Halliday decent utility but pretty happy he prob won't be a mainstay. McEneff and Pollock somewhat horses for courses as more attacking central options.

Leaves Beni, Pete and Cam fighting for the 2 pivotal roles in our system.

Then there's the enigma that is Jamie Walker.

Say it again, RWB next and most important imo.

I just can’t see Halliday being dropped. He must have played more minutes than almost anyone under Neilson? With Michael Smith and Ginnelly on the right I think our priority is really centre back. If Souttar and Halkett were both out we’d be in huge trouble and I don’t rate Halkett that highly …

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Why does it have to curtains for anybody?

We need to strengthen the squad to cover for injuries but also keep standards high with competition for places.  We know Robbie loves to tinker so if we can raise the bar with increased quality it doesn't mean we have to chase folk out the door.

Exactly ! Also this season we play far more games etc , we still at least need a centre half and a striker 

Rick Sanchez

I'm not sure Haring deserved the love in that he gets tbh. It's been a while since he was at his best. I don't understand how he gets a free ride and Halliday gets talked down. I understand he changed the game on Saturday but I think people are still living in the pre injury days.

I think Beni/Haring are probably going to be fighting it out with Halliday/McEneff/Devlin fighting for the other place. I'd say it's bye bye McEneff as things stand...unless he can slot in out wide but I doubt it.

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Re Shankland, if we are interested in him then better hurry as I fully expect Hib5 to go for him if they lose Nisbet. 

We arent in for Shankland and never were it was just nonsense started on here.

gorgieheart

CB, RB and Striker still needed.

If Gnando has spat the dummy, then 2 Strikers  !

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Anybody still gutted we let Andy Irving leave? He wasn't good enough, particularly for the 3-4-3.

who?

Absolute Scenes
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Haring will be offski I reckon 

Hope not. Solid player and one i'd like to keep. Why'd do you reckon he'll be off?

gorgieheart
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not sure Haring deserved the love in that he gets tbh. It's been a while since he was at his best. I don't understand how he gets a free ride and Halliday gets talked down. I understand he changed the game on Saturday but I think people are still living in the pre injury days.

I think Beni/Haring are probably going to be fighting it out with Halliday/McEneff/Devlin fighting for the other place. I'd say it's bye bye McEneff as things stand...unless he can slot in out wide but I doubt it.

Have to agree, i just dont see Haring getting back to the level he was performing at before his injury.

Still think McEneff can contribute however.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Been playing with Soapy II at the Olympics, I wonder if we could have the Souttar bros? Even briefly.

I've been saying this fairly quietly for a while, because it is a big ask to getting close to replicating, but Neilson seems to be following what Bielsa does closely. I know he likes a bit of murderball in training, basically where the ball never goes out of play and its run attack, win it back run attack incessantly. 

He has just signed 2 midfielders with the energy for that system. But the system does usually operate with an anchor. I can guarantee you are going to see a very energetic Hearts team

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly this.

It was that bad a rumour on here the press didn’t even bother running with it or mention us being interested.

That’s a sign it’s really off the mark.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

well he was the difference on Saturday as you said. Even a player not at his best who can do that against Celtic, is why there's a lve in for him. 

3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Have to agree, i just dont see Haring getting back to the level he was performing at before his injury.

Still think McEneff can contribute however.

Haring covers a few options for us as does McEneff. It’s going to be a long season and a decent squad will be a must if we are going to progress.  A RWB, a left sided CB and a striker that offers a different option to what we have are all that’s needed now. 

Edited by Deevers

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hope not. Solid player and one i'd like to keep. Why'd do you reckon he'll be off?

Devlin and Beni are both defensive midfielders. As is Haring, can’t have 3 in a squad. 

Suggestions that he would be a backup centre half. 1) I doubt he would want that and 2) it would not be good business to have one of our highest players (I guess) as a backup option 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Been playing with Soapy II at the Olympics, I wonder if we could have the Souttar bros? Even briefly.

I've been saying this fairly quietly for a while, because it is a big ask to getting close to replicating, but Neilson seems to be following what Bielsa does closely. I know he likes a bit of murderball in training, basically where the ball never goes out of play and its run attack, win it back run attack incessantly. 

He has just signed 2 midfielders with the energy for that system. But the system does usually operate with an anchor. I can guarantee you are going to see a very energetic Hearts team

I can guarantee you the same intellectually bankrupt posters will throw around words like ‘mundane’ ‘ ‘boring’ and negative even if we do suddenly become the Scottish Leeds…  

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Devlin and Beni are both defensive midfielders. As is Haring, can’t have 3 in a squad. 

Suggestions that he would be a backup centre half. 1) I doubt he would want that and 2) it would not be good business to have one of our highest players (I guess) as a backup option 

We will play a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 during the season. All three formation tend to implement 2 defensive mids. They also tend to pick up a few cards. I think 3 or 4 are required in the squad …

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I completely agree with you. I'm not sure he has it in him to do it consistently. It's not really a criticism of Haring, he's just been very unlucky with injuries. I think he looks uncomfortable when running. Folk ignore the bad games which have been more than frequent unfortunately. 

It's a shame for him. 

CloustonHMFC
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sorry mate, I know for 100% certainty we have been and are still interested. Whether we can or will stump up the cast Utd want is a different story. 

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Player swap with Dundee Utd for Shankland after Walker said no

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

well he was the difference on Saturday as you said. Even a player not at his best who can do that against Celtic, is why there's a lve in for him. 

Halliday has contributed more to our club recently than Haring. He might not deserve a love in but he isn't even receiving any respect due to who he supports.

6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I think for our system if you are going to be playing 2 at a time 3 would be the bare minimum we will need. Injuries and suspensions alone means we will require at least 3 players capable of sitting in there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I can guarantee you the same intellectually bankrupt posters will throw around words like ‘mundane’ ‘ ‘boring’ and negative even if we do suddenly become the Scottish Leeds…  

I watch Leeds a lot, all I can say for the moment is we seem to be trying to do some things that are very very similar.

The concern, though this is not a criticism, Robbie isn't Bielsa, and the players have to be prepared to be the fittest team in the League to make it work well. Otherwise you will be shredded. Its a bold move though it seems from Neilson, I dont think he is looking at defensive mids at all, but ones that can cover the pitch

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Jamie Walker will be lucky to get a move to someone like Dundee Utd when his contract is up.

Biffa Bacon
55 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I have a suspicion on the account name of Barry Anderson on here, have for a long time. They post in a similar way he writes articles. I won't say who but they are a resident gobshite.

You might have to narrow that down a bit 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I would say Walker and even McEneff are going to struggle many games, think Pollock is ahead in that queue. 

Right wing back I really want or a centre half.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Halliday has contributed more to our club recently than Haring. He might not deserve a love in but he isn't even receiving any respect due to who he supports.

Halliday doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here. He gives 100% every time he steps on the park for us and contributes in some way every game. I can't blame the guy for a loving a team as much as I love Hearts, even if I hate said team to the core.

After the last 2 Aussies, I think I'll reserve judgment on this one until I see him in action. 

Difficult to pick up gems from the LOI & the A League. Our track record hasn't been great so hoping this guy bucks the trend. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Jamie Walker will be lucky to get a move to someone like Dundee Utd when his contract is up.

His attitude seems to be the biggest thing that holds him back. I've no idea why but he never seems interested. Plays well every now and again, scores every now and again but just looks not bothered.

Thumb Up Emoji
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I watch Leeds a lot, all I can say for the moment is we seem to be trying to do some things that are very very similar.

The concern, though this is not a criticism, Robbie isn't Bielsa, and the players have to be prepared to be the fittest team in the League to make it work well. Otherwise you will be shredded. Its a bold move though it seems from Neilson, I dont think he is looking at defensive mids at all, but ones that can cover the pitch

he's definitely looking at players who can over-run teams. which will work really well if we get fitness levels up, I reckon. GMS already looks way fitter/sharper. for instance.

People are also assuming we will play the same formation each game. Naturally we will have 2/3 formations we rotate and will utilise players accordingly.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

After the last 2 Aussies, I think I'll reserve judgment on this one until I see him in action. 

Difficult to pick up gems from the LOI & the A League. Our track record hasn't been great so hoping this guy bucks the trend. 

Apart from Garrucio who was the other one? I was trying to think who we had after the McGowans 

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

You might have to narrow that down a bit 🤣

They pay a subscription and comment on almost every thread. Might not be him but other people have said it before as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, iainmac said:

Got a better feeling about this one. Brighton were credited with an interest, reputation seems to be a lot higher than the latest recruits from the region. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***