Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Aside from the fact he has 2 goals in 28 at international level

27. And has been used sparingly in a lot of those - less than 12 matches worth of game time.

Lyndon Dykes, for comparison, has also got 2 goals - but in slightly more game time.

heartsfc_fan

Paterson would be ideal if he came back. Can play in a number of positions.

Can't see it happening but would be delighted if he did.

We need to sign someone ASAP. I get the Crazy Frog stuck in my head when I see Beni Baningime in the thread title. 

A ******* curse, I tell ye.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

"Someone" was spotted fueling their car at a certain BP garage next to Tynecastle. Black Tiguan Type R.

Well who drives a black tuguan type R then Sertse? WHOOOOOO?!?

:D 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Well who drives a black tuguan type R then Sertse? WHOOOOOO?!?

:D 

Someone with no taste or a wannabe BMW x6 type person

11 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

27. And has been used sparingly in a lot of those - less than 12 matches worth of game time.

Lyndon Dykes, for comparison, has also got 2 goals - but in slightly more game time.

28, according to Transfermarkt. And his being used sparingly for Northern Ireland is probably a clue that he wouldn't be first choice for Scotland.

Dykes gets in the team because of his pace, strength and height and hold-up play - not goals (which are comparable to Boyce's anyway). If Clarke didn't fancy Adams ahead of him in that role then he definitely wouldn't favour Boyce.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Jambo Jim said:

Have it from a very good source that some back room staff at Dundee Utd have not been paid their salaries this month. This may point to Utd looking to offload a high earner.

Apparently their head of administration and legal affairs left today so that could be related! 

alwaysthereinspirit
51 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I really like Boyce for us, but that is insane.

Aside from the fact he has 2 goals in 28 at international level, Dykes, Adams, Nisbet and (yes) McBurnie would be ahead of him.

McBurnie shouldn’t be ahead of me.

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

"Someone" was spotted fueling their car at a certain BP garage next to Tynecastle. Black Tiguan Type R.

EC467B52-CA63-4CCC-8A8C-CB05F8FAE396.jpeg

This is from 2016 though lol. You'd think he'd have bought a new motor by now. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Hackney Hearts
19 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

28, according to Transfermarkt. And his being used sparingly for Northern Ireland is probably a clue that he wouldn't be first choice for Scotland.

Dykes gets in the team because of his pace, strength and height and hold-up play - not goals (which are comparable to Boyce's anyway). If Clarke didn't fancy Adams ahead of him in that role then he definitely wouldn't favour Boyce.

Transfermarkt says 28 on the home page, but 27 when you go to the detailed breakdown. 🤷‍♂️ 

Being used sparingly in some of his NI matches doesn't mean much in relation to Scotland. They have their own personnel and tactical imponderables. And there's no point talking about being used sparingly and include Nisbet, who's hardly been used at all yet. He may work at international level - nobody knows.

Yes Boyce's goal record is comparable to Dykes - so why bring it up? And say it's insane to compare them? Boyce brings a lot to his all round game (different things to Dykes) and if Clarke chooses one over the other, that may say more about Clarke, or about the needs of a particular match.

I'd say Adams is clear first pick and McBurnie is the playground pick that nobody wants. You could make a case for any of the other three, but it certainly isn't insane to discuss it. (although probably not on this thread, tbf!)

BackOfTheNet

Callum Paterson cannot sign. If he did I can’t be held responsible for my rage induced actions when people continually spell his name incorrectly.

Two L’s, One T people…

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Callum Paterson cannot sign. If he did I can’t be held responsible for my rage induced actions when people continually spell his name incorrectly.

Two L’s, One T people…

Catum Pallerson is not signing for us. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Catum Pallerson is not signing for us. 

God help us if Llawrence Shatland signs.

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Two L’s, One T people…

ITK?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Paterson would be ideal if he came back. Can play in a number of positions.

Can't see it happening but would be delighted if he did.

This 

13 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Transfermarkt says 28 on the home page, but 27 when you go to the detailed breakdown. 🤷‍♂️ 

Being used sparingly in some of his NI matches doesn't mean much in relation to Scotland. They have their own personnel and tactical imponderables. And there's no point talking about being used sparingly and include Nisbet, who's hardly been used at all yet. He may work at international level - nobody knows.

Yes Boyce's goal record is comparable to Dykes - so why bring it up? And say it's insane to compare them? Boyce brings a lot to his all round game (different things to Dykes) and if Clarke chooses one over the other, that may say more about Clarke, or about the needs of a particular match.

I'd say Adams is clear first pick and McBurnie is the playground pick that nobody wants. You could make a case for any of the other three, but it certainly isn't insane to discuss it. (although probably not on this thread, tbf!)

Being used sparingly (i.e. not being first choice) for a team with inferior options is definitely relevant to the question of whether he'd be first choice for Scotland. Nisbet is far from first choice for Scotland, but would probably still be ahead in the queue at the moment because he's been scoring at a higher level recently. That's the only reason I mentioned him.

Boyce doesn't have anything like physical attributes required to play the role Dykes is asked to play for Scotland and he doesn't score more at international level. That's why I mentioned their relative goal records.

Adams is very clearly the best striker we have at the moment in my opinion. Dykes can get picked of him because he fulfils a niche and has some attributes which Adams doesn't (height, mainly). Boyce does not and is much slower and less physical than both.

Capable of getting in the squad and getting a few caps? Absolutely, but definitely not as first choice.

And there's no shame in that! He's a really good player for us and I'm very glad we've got him.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I've always thought of him as a player without a position, just let him run about the pitch like a kid playing in the playground

👍... true......we used him in different positions even as a 17 yo.....

Hackney Hearts
9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Capable of getting in the squad and getting a few caps? Absolutely, but definitely not as first choice.

Agree -  first choice is Adams. The rest is horses for courses. Apart from McBurnie, which is like flogging a dead one.

Nisbet is far from first choice for Scotland, but would probably still be ahead in the queue at the moment because he's been scoring at a higher level recently. That's the only reason I mentioned him.

Was it 14 goals he got last season? Wonder if Boyce will manage that this season. Should be a good battle.

3 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

Paterson hasn’t been great if I’m honest but he was one of many players in the squad last season that were like that. Not the worst player but ok at best.

I’m not sure he will be a regular starter even in League 1 next season. Paterson definitely  suffers from not really having a position nailed down, he has played everywhere which is to his own detriment, and I don’t think the manager rates him as a forward. I don’t really see where he fits in the system Moore has planned but Windass has just got injured so Wednesday are short of forwards. 

To be honest I think if a reasonable offer came in the club would happily accept it so they could get him off the wage bill. 

Thanks for that mate. Always good to get someone else’s perspective who has been watching the games instead of someone like me looking in from afar.

Unfortunately that’s always been the struggle for him in regards to what position suits him best. He’s so athletic and energetic but it’s hard to pin him to a position. Weirdly I always thought he was great at heading from an attacking sense but not the strongest when having to do it defensively.

I think unless he was wanting to drop in salary, which I don’t think he needs to yet, he’ll be able to find a suitor in the championship instead of coming to us.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

EC467B52-CA63-4CCC-8A8C-CB05F8FAE396.jpeg

This is from 2016 though lol. You'd think he'd have bought a new motor by now. 

👀

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

McBurnie shouldn’t be ahead of me.

:lol:

spot on. Pathetic excuse for a footballer who struts around like he is Eric Cantona. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

The pic that has been shared on here was a screenshot of Patersons Instagram account though, wasn't it? 

I don't know Instagram that well, but I think anything you click 'like' on,or share, shows up on your own page somewhere.

I'm happy to believe that he's on the way back up the road though. I'm off to Waverley to meet the Sheffield train!

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Bloody idiot. He should have gone round the corner to Sainsburys, it's about 5p per litre cheaper!! 

BackOfTheNet

Remember Baningime was training with us before officially signing? Do we think this mysterious/supposed CB that was apparently training will be announced?

Saying that, by this time last week Baningime was already mentioned in the media…

3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Bloody idiot. He should have gone round the corner to Sainsburys, it's about 5p per litre cheaper!! 

Signing on bonus must be imminent so being flash with the cash 👀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Signing on bonus must be imminent so being flash with the cash 👀

Shares in BP. Here's a question anyone know what initials BP stands for

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Buying Paterson

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I really like Boyce for us, but that is insane.

Aside from the fact he has 2 goals in 28 at international level, Dykes, Adams, Nisbet and (yes) McBurnie would be ahead of him.

Not for me. Boyce up with Dykes or Adams (I actually forgot about him!) would be a good pair. As a footballer, he's better than Dykes and Nisbet. Does McBurnie even have as many as 2 goals for Scotland?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Buying Paterson

The best answer so far :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I always thought it was British Petroleum but, because you asked the question, I'm now thinking that its too obvious an answer amd wrong... 

This was correct when state owned. 

They weren't allowed to call it British Petroleum when sold off so they decided to keep the initials. 

BP actually is it,just BP, useless boring shit for Wednesday 4th August in absence of a new player

Paterson coming back 🤣

The lad is in his prime picking up 10-15k a week easily 

But yes he'll come back for 3-5k is laughable 

Give it 5 years then maybe 

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Big Penis ? 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Paterson coming back 🤣

The lad is in his prime picking up 10-15k a week easily 

But yes he'll come back for 3-5k is laughable 

Give it 5 years then maybe 

We've signed many players who were on much higher wages before - Steven Naismith and Craig Gordon for example recently, Beni more than likely, and anyone else we sign from high League One and English Championship upwards. So it's not that big a stretch if it comes down to getting games and playing for a club you like. 

Libertarian

I take it Shankland isn't coming. The BBC are reporting that a Belgian club have offered £500,000

StirlingJambo

Absolute no chance of Paterson signing for us anytime soon. Folk of their rockers. He wants to come back but not now.

The next time I even open this thread, never mind post on it, is when the title has been updated.

It's broken me; I've had enough.

🤪

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***