***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Ibrahim Tall
7 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Didn't shankland miss a large part of the season with injury? I'm actually not sure if I'm imagining that or not.

Not actually sure if shankland is the answer either.

Played in 33/38 leagues, 3 as a sub. 
It was in the championship he got injured IIRC?

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

United wouldn't, imo, release him for less than 300k. You'd probably need to punt them a player or two on top, to at least make it palatable.

Anderson's money, if we did go for him.

Yeah that would be my worry. Probably a bit more from us than I'd be willing to pay. But you never know. Throwing them a player would make sense.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

____________Gordon

____Smith__Souttar__Kingsley

Ginnelly__Beni__Haring__Cochrane

_____________GMS

___Shankland__Boyce

Never happen! no danger Robbie is benching Halliday if Andy is fit and not injured he plays. Like it or not he is one of the first names on RN team sheets. 

20 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Who, Aberdeen?

Us and Aberdeen arguing about ‘size’ is literally the definition of two bald men fighting over a comb. 

Hearts are a much better supported club than Aberdeen. Actually and potentially.

Indeed, Hibs are too.

Class of 75
44 minutes ago, King prawn said:

From the Dundee United forum :rofl: deluded beyond belief

I think he admitted that himself a few weeks ago in interviews. Think if he doesn't go in this window he will look at his options in January.  

Would have to think a move to Hearts is a very lateral move for him and you would think he would want to try himself somewhere which is a higher level. Then again he did go from Ayr to ourselves in the same division, so perhaps ambition isn't his biggest trait.

I saw that yesterday and couldn't believe their arrogance. Nowhere near a lateral move. If Shankland were to come to Hearts it is a massive step up. Delusions of grandeur, they are a pub team. 

Ibrahim Tall
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hearts are a much better supported club than Aberdeen. Actually and potentially.

Indeed, Hibs are too.

That’s not wrong but people abroad in general are more likely to have heard of Aberdeen for the CWC/Ferguson  than us and given our recent two relegations etc that point would probably go to them. Like I said, it’s a shitty argument to get into. Neither club is Bayern Munich or Barcelona, the size difference is that small that arguing over a few hundred seats or a trophy win that half a teams fanbase wasn’t alive for is silly. 

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

The Old Tolbooth
56 minutes ago, King prawn said:

From the Dundee United forum :rofl: deluded beyond belief

I think he admitted that himself a few weeks ago in interviews. Think if he doesn't go in this window he will look at his options in January.  

Would have to think a move to Hearts is a very lateral move for him and you would think he would want to try himself somewhere which is a higher level. Then again he did go from Ayr to ourselves in the same division, so perhaps ambition isn't his biggest trait.

I must dig up the DAB who told me on Facebook last year that they were going to take Boyce from us because they could, because they're the third biggest budgeted team in the top flight and could afford to take him off us, he was genuinely excited at the thought of Boyce and Shankland lining up for them, oh how wonderful karma this would be if they both ended up at Hearts :lol: 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

PhoenixHearts
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Never happen! no danger Robbie is benching Halliday if Andy is fit and not injured he plays. Like it or not he is one of the first names on RN team sheets. 

I dont think Robbie is that stubborn to keep playing Halliday even in the event that Haring does end up showing his old self. He'd be a fool to not start Beni and Pete in the middle if he was getting them both in the form they showed Saturday night.

Halliday might be his wee pal and he may very well like the dig that he brings to the team but he's shown previously that he's not afraid to change the lineup if he things he'll get more out of another player.

coatbridgejambo
20 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Played in 33/38 leagues, 3 as a sub. 
It was in the championship he got injured IIRC?

👍

Didn't pay to much attention to top league last season 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Im as Hearts daft as they come, but I have nothing Hearts related on Instagram. True story

🤷‍♂️

Me neither and definitely nothing about my employers. 

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Because he wasn’t very good? Scoring lots of goals in the championship =/= scoring goals in the premier, ask Stephen Dobbie, Callum Elliot or Dennis Wyness. 

you clearly haven’t watched Dundee United, you clearly haven’t heard or read the views of Dundee Utd fans.  You see 7 goals and that’s it.

Shankland scored 1 from inside his own half last season, inside his own half is where he spent 90% of his time becuase Dundee United were possibly the most defensive team I’ve ever seen.  

His movement inside the box is extremely good, his finishing is excellent. He’d be a massive asset with GMS, Ginelly and Boyce providing chances whether you think so or not

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Body language experts.  Psychology experts. Financial experts. Football experts.

What a forum we have. We're so lucky as a support, to draw on such knowledge.

Legal experts, medical experts, contract negotiaters, football coaches, football managers, football agents, chief medical officers, scientists, pandemic gurus. 

We are a blessed support. 

Some are even all rolled into 1 big oracle. 

Ibrahim Tall
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you clearly haven’t watched Dundee United, you clearly haven’t heard or read the views of Dundee Utd fans.  You see 7 goals and that’s it.

Shankland scored 1 from inside his own half last season, inside his own half is where he spent 90% of his time becuase Dundee United were possibly the most defensive team I’ve ever seen.  

His movement inside the box is extremely good, his finishing is excellent. He’d be a massive asset with GMS, Ginelly and Boyce providing chances whether you think so or not

My mate is a ST holder at United. I don’t get a choice of not ‘ paying attention’.  :facepalm:

If you want to make a million excuses for him crack on, but the facts are he’s as proven as a goal scorer at Premiership level as Nicky Clark is. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be getting linked with us to ‘get him off the wage bill’.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Christ almighty we've got the body language forensics team out now?

left arm, looks slightly fragile, long standing sports injury no doubt. Slight crook in stance to the right hand shoulder, possible indication of sustained straining, or emotional responsibility overbearing. short range movement in the second hand tap on the colleague shoulder indicates a sense of detachment from team, but also a moral obligation to include oneself in the "team" collective. Savvy?

24 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Halliday is a useful player when we have our backs against the wall, most weeks we’ll probably have the majority of possession and I don’t think he’ll be particularly necessary 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

His "Celebrations" with the team goal were very scripted. A couple of head taps, quick and emotionless.  didnt look connected to the team

What are his celebrations like normally. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Very scripted as in ‘if we score the winner with 2 minutes to go I’m just going to tap a couple of heads’ way? :notsure:

Exactly that. Want more emotion

Absolute Scenes
Just now, sadj said:

He does three back flips and lands on his head and then wipes the pitch with his dreads. However, it happens so quickly that the camera usually doesnt spot him in time. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Halliday is a useful player when we have our backs against the wall, most weeks we’ll probably have the majority of possession and I don’t think he’ll be particularly necessary 

Definitely, Stu is right though he’s a favourite and will play every week whether we need him or not. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Unscripted. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

He does three back flips and lands on his head and then wipes the pitch with his dreads. However, it happens so quickly that the camera usually doesnt spot him in time. 

🤣

3 hours ago, I.T.K said:

I would be happy to take Shankland but I assume he's on the brink of a championship move for a lot more money then we can pay. But if United need the cash now and want to sell we could take advantage of the situation. 

Gnando situation, if true, is odd. I understand the club supported unhappy players well season. If he's unhappy with game time, then he should be happy that we have Naismith to coach him to get more.

Shankland in and Gnando out for weekend would be fine by me. 

Having both would also be good. :lol: 

Why pay money when there must be better strikers out there for free.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Unscripted. 

Ffs 🤣 I genuinely would struggle to tell you what a players celebration was like. If its when playing i was caught up in the moment and its often a blue , watching im usually too busy shouting or bouncing about , falling down rows etc. Rudi is prob the only one i could tell you what his celebrations were like in 35+ years

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Not sure with this. 

Halliday does like getting forward and one of our few players ( Walker aside) that will hit shots from range. 

He said himself last season he needs to get forward more and he did chip in with the odd goal. 

Halliday is under rated imo. 

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Shankland scored 7 league goals last season, less than Nicky Clark even managed for Dundee United.

That he’s a ‘proven’ Premier level striker is a myth. If anyone is even considering a fee for him let alone a substantial one they’re mental. 

Minor point but he actually scored 8 in 32 league games, and although I agree he isn't a proven scorer at Premiership level, I think there's potential to be one when not playing in the least creative team in the league.

There's always an element of risk with any signing at our level and you have to take a punt to some extent. If he'd scored 15 he'd be out of our reach.

Take Marc McNulty as an example. He scored 3 in 25 for Dundee United last season, but he banged them in for Hibs in a decent attacking team.

I agree he's not worth breaking the bank for, though, and arguably he's a bit too similar in style to Boyce.

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Again, he did have, and has removed it. 

In the modern world, that means something. Something has happened. The club, Robbie etc might deny it, but I think there's something to this. He has previous, too.

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Exactly that. Want more emotion

TTF type emotion? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Again, he did have, and has removed it. 

In the modern world, that means something. 

Yip, it means he's in the huff. 

Gnando oot! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't know, obviously - and I'm not implying anything. Literally just saying he's recently deleted anything Hearts related. I have as much of a clue about what's happening as everyone else one here. 

You old gossip you :) 

john thomas
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Legal experts, medical experts, contract negotiaters, football coaches, football managers, football agents, chief medical officers, scientists, pandemic gurus. 

Funny way to spell arsehole

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your employed?

Batistuta87
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, it means he's in the huff. 

Gnando oot! 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

You old gossip you :) 

I genuinely think there's something to this. As edited above, everyone might deny it but he's clearly in some kind of huff. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I genuinely think there's something to this. As edited above, everyone might deny it but he's clearly in some kind of huff. 

Good. 

I need something to get angry about. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

My mate is a ST holder at United. I don’t get a choice of not ‘ paying attention’.  :facepalm:

If you want to make a million excuses for him crack on, but the facts are he’s as proven as a goal scorer at Premiership level as Nicky Clark is. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be getting linked with us to ‘get him off the wage bill’.

Same I unfortunately have many one who’s ties are deep enough that a stand is named after his grandfather.

Do your mates not rate him? Becuase al of mine do.. and the United forums seem to reflect their views that the problem last season wasn’t Shankland . But the supply to him and the face they spent 90% of game on the back foot!

ps - I think Nicky Clark was on pens (I can’t confirm that) but also, he isn’t a bad player at all in his own right 

27 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

That’s not wrong but people abroad in general are more likely to have heard of Aberdeen for the CWC/Ferguson  than us and given our recent two relegations etc that point would probably go to them. Like I said, it’s a shitty argument to get into. Neither club is Bayern Munich or Barcelona, the size difference is that small that arguing over a few hundred seats or a trophy win that half a teams fanbase wasn’t alive for is silly. 

Fair points, bud. 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not getting his hole I'll bet

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Yep, where I am to be honest. 7 goals in 30 odd games is pretty pitiful, it’s less than Juanma or Isma got from far less games for example. 

Hes a jason cummings or James Keatings. Championship goal scorer but no way worth a fee

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

Says the expert on that subject…..

Absolutely. Deleted all shit of hers off my Instagram account, that'll teach her

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely. Deleted all shit of hers off my Instagram account, that'll teach her

🤣🤣 did you do it months ago? 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a football forum, things that are discussed on football forums tend to be football and related topics. It's implicit in most replies that people are stating their opinion rather than commenting as an expert.

If as seems to be the case, this is a problem for you, then maybe football forums aren't for you.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Beni said:

It's a football forum, things that are discussed on football forums tend to be football and related topics. It's implicit in most replies that people are stating their opinion rather than commenting as an expert.

If as seems to be the case, this is a problem for you, then maybe football forums aren't for you.

He was just stating his opinion

🤷‍♂️

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs 🤣 I genuinely would struggle to tell you what a players celebration was like. If its when playing i was caught up in the moment and its often a blue , watching im usually too busy shouting or bouncing about , falling down rows etc. Rudi is prob the only one i could tell you what his celebrations were like in 35+ years

Lafferty: he had 2, one for normal teams and one for the green mobs. Green mob was to stand in front of them and salute. second was he would run and jump and at the same time pump one hand off his chest.

Naismith: Makes a bubble-bursting motion

Walker: loves a run to the corner flag

Boyce: Makes a shape with his hand and fingers to the crowd, looks like an  "A" or something?

Just a few haha. But then i'm weird when it comes to celebrations.  Like see when players would stick their thumb in their mouth, i used to go off my nut at them. totally ruined the great goal they just scored., 

Absolute Scenes

By the way, Gnando still follows the main Hearts Instagramfacebookchatsnapper account - so hasnt unfollowed all hearts related stuff

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Lafferty: he had 2, one for normal teams and one for the green mobs. Green mob was to stand in front of them and salute. second was he would run and jump and at the same time pump one hand off his chest.

Naismith: Makes a bubble-bursting motion

Walker: loves a run to the corner flag

Boyce: Makes a shape with his hand and fingers to the crowd, looks like an  "A" or something?

Just a few haha. But then i'm weird when it comes to celebrations.  Like see when players would stick their thumb in their mouth, i used to go off my nut at them. totally ruined the great goal they just scored., 

Craig Gordons is a cracker

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Craig Gordons is a cracker

Heed butts the cross bar four times and then pulls his shorts down, gets his clanger caught in the net - that one?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***