***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Berra than you

Everton supporting mate described him as a 'box to box runner'. Said he looked good in his handful of first team games aswell. Unlucky with injuries as others have noted.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Norm said:

My predictions if he signs, going by that article. 

Having played in the EPL, he'll be hyped to **** on here, but will end up getting ripped a new one as it turns out he's not actually World class, within a month. The new Sean Clare.

Couple that with the "tough time with injuries recently" and the absolute stickon that he'll rupture his cruciate and be out for 18 months before we get to Christmas. 

:rofl:

Is it cos 'e is black?

Seriously though. Word for word. 👍

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Everton supporting mate described him as a 'box to box runner'. Said he looked good in his handful of first team games aswell. Unlucky with injuries as others have noted.

Exactly what we need minus the injuries obv 

Batistuta87
48 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Oof. Had him on my list earlier in the season looking as possible loans from the likes of Everton etc. Getting him on a permanent deal would be a fantastic signing. Exactly the level I was hoping for 👍🏻

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s younger players we should be gambling on. 👍

Absolutely! Get that whelm-O-meter dusted off!

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Oof. Had him on my list earlier in the season looking as possible loans from the likes of Everton etc. Getting him on a permanent deal would be a fantastic signing. Exactly the level I was hoping for 👍🏻

High whelm rating then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah, it's the level, and it's not going to be perfect, some risk involved but happy to shop in that market rather than League 2

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Tuesday 4 days before our first game of the 2021-2022 Premiership League season and our return to the league we should never of been relegated from. We started the new season on the 10th of July against Peterhead and up to now Hearts have managed to sign one new player On Loan. We are told they only want quality, we are told the players are close to coming, we are told the talks have to be secret in case other clubs could come in for these players, we are told this and that and it’s getting a bit much ! Have patience I hear, we have a fantastic chance to start this new season with a winning start when we have a few obvious glaring weaknesses at Centre Back (2), Midfield & Goal Scorer and that’s the minimum. Celtic are there for the taking in fact August I’d like Hearts to be top of the league but those in charge of signing players need to get the finger out and at least communicate with the fans as to what the problem is without naming names. Is the problem money, Hearts style of play, the manager, Edinburgh because it’s hard to understand why quality 21 to 25 year old players would not want to sign for Hearts one of Scotland’s top clubs.

Maybe they want  to play in the Olympics first before joining the famous? 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Olly Lee managed it 🤨 jesus h christ 

58 appearances, 18 assists and 9 goals seems a decent return? I didn't think that was that controversial a post :D 

Lee could have been better definitely, but I was trying to make the point that you have players who want time on the ball and some fail to adapt to how fast the game is up here (Martin and Damour) whilst others adjust like Lee. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe they want  to play in the Olympics first before joining the famous? 

Adriana Leon please

Was clearly rated. Played in Europa League and Prem for Everton under Big Sam and David Unsworth. Including in coming on as sub against Liverpool, City and Chelsea 

Injuries may have hurt his progress but hopefully something about him

Maybe interesting partnership with Haring. Perhaps Robbie is thinking of a back 4 and wants a solid 2 in front.

From Kinshasa...lets get Rumble in the Jungle 2 booked. Anyway, lets wait till the old scarf above head. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Turn it up to 11. 👍

Where is our resident youth expert he will be on to tell us we shouldnt be signing an Everton young player etc etc etc

Just now, sadj said:

Where is our resident youth expert he will be on to tell us we shouldnt be signing an Everton young player etc etc etc

😂 conspicuous by his absence recently. Hope he’s ok. 

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, merrymac said:

High whelm rating then?

I'd say so aye. Somewhere between 7 and 8 whelms for me. Can't remember what it was that drew me to him originally but I had nothing to do one day during lockdown and typed out quite a good list of potential targets with a wee summary of what I knew about them, and he was on there. I remember it well because @Smith's right boot and a couple of others said some very positive things about it and I got a wee mini whelm. Hopefully he remembers it and can back me up on that lol although probably not on any specific names.

Taking full credit if it happens 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Longbaws said:

This could be the signing that brings harmony to this thread and forum.

:greggy:

No ****ing chance 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd say so aye. Somewhere between 7 and 8 whelms for me. Can't remember what it was that drew me to him originally but I had nothing to do one day during lockdown and typed out quite a good list of potential targets with a wee summary of what I knew about them, and he was on there. I remember it well because @Smith's right boot and a couple of others said some very positive things about it and I got a wee mini whelm. Hopefully he remembers it and can back me up on that lol although probably not on any specific names.

Lets hope so, and full credit will be bestowed.

Looks like a quality signing with big potential.

Fingers crossed it happens.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

This could be the signing that brings harmony to this thread and forum.

:greggy:

Let’s all hug it out. After all, we’re nearly all Hearts fans.

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Let’s all hug it out. After all, we’re nearly all Hearts fans.

Nearly , maybe change that to mostly 🤣

Beni Baningime is the subject of an offer from Hearts.

The 22-year-old Everton midfielder is not part of the club's trip to Florida and potentially could now be heading to Tynecastle.

From a brief glance it is time for him to move on and central midfield is an area we need to look at......but like any transfer its whether he will settle and fulfill at least in part his early promise

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Injuries. 

But young enough to make a fresh start. Could be anything this one. 

Maybe, but along with his one start for Derby, he was also an unused sub nine times.

Then again, his profile is quite similar to Glen Kamara's when he joined Dundee and he's now rated at £10m.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Lets hope so, and full credit will be bestowed.

Looks like a quality signing with big potential.

Fingers crossed it happens.

Joking about credit lol. Absolutely not ITK what so ever, I was just looking at lads we could maybe loan from EPL and his age and lack of games made him a bit of an obvious suggestion 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Maybe, but along with his one start for Derby, he was also an unused sub nine times.

Then again, his profile is quite similar to Glen Kamara's when he joined Dundee and he's now rated at £10m.

Very difficult to know. You are gambling on potential v proven ability, because you would never get your hands on proven ability. 

I wonder if this news has been sanctioned from us, in that given JS's leak crackdown, it's over the line and will be announced soon?

Or, and apologies if a bit tin foil hat, something to appease the plebs and no danger of it happening.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

I wonder if this news has been sanctioned from us, in that given JS's leak crackdown, it's over the line and will be announced soon?

Or, and apologies if a bit tin foil hat, something to appease the plebs and no danger of it happening.

I hope it’s not the latter. Folk won’t be appeased for long. 

Absolute Scenes
29 minutes ago, Norm said:

My predictions if he signs, going by that article. 

Having played in the EPL, he'll be hyped to **** on here, but will end up getting ripped a new one as it turns out he's not actually World class, within a month. The new Sean Clare.

Couple that with the "tough time with injuries recently" and the absolute stickon that he'll rupture his cruciate and be out for 18 months before we get to Christmas. 

Difference is Sean Clare didn’t play a single premier league or europa league game. 

but I agree that we definitely hype too much. On paper he is a good signing for us, but everything done with baby steps needed. He will need time to settle, with any job, club etc. But at the same time he will need to quickly adapt to Scottish football

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Older tweet about the lad

Time for JA to open his wallet?

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Whelms can happen at the most unusual of times. Sometimes just riding the bus can create a whelm out of nowhere.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Whelms can happen at the most unusual of times. Sometimes just riding the bus can create a whelm out of nowhere.

😂😂😂

Rocky jamboa

Beni bang em in sounds like a joke signing! 🤣 

Seriously though, seems like the type of player we should be going for. 

Auld Reekin'
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Whelmet, surely...?   :huh2:

:runaway:

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Time for JA to open his wallet?

Wherever he goes, I think he's going to need to take a hefty pay cut if he wants to get his career back on track. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, neilnunb said:

8 grand a week and the boy has barely played 🤣

How the other half live. 😭

Played less than Damour  :whistling:

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Wherever he goes, I think he's going to need to take a hefty pay cut if he wants to get his career back on track. 

Agree… was more alluding to the fee that would be required with 1 year left on his contract. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***