• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Okay, interesting story of true, and could be a real find (or a flop).

Bur how many folk had genuinely heard of this lad before this rumour? 

I’m really trying hard not to be negative but some folk are getting overly excited about someone most of us hadn’t heard of until 2 hours ago. 

I really hope that if it’s true, JS has pulled a proper coup out of the bag for us but if he can’t even get a game for Derby? 

37 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Incorrect. 

Really? Interesting. Why would they leak this?

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I’m really trying hard not to be negative but some folk are getting overly excited about someone most of us hadn’t heard of until 2 hours ago. 

I really hope that if it’s true, JS has pulled a proper coup out of the bag for us but if he can’t even get a game for Derby? 

Not heard of the boy myself but has been talked up on twitter

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Really? Interesting. Why would they leak this?

Why wouldn't you downplay your hand? Think. 

Surely it's impossible to be whelmed about someone you have never heard of.  By the age of 22, this guy has no achievements whatsoever in the professional game.  He has been retained by Everton for 10 years however so that must say something about him.

Got a terrific surname so that is a plus.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Surely it's impossible to be whelmed about someone you have never heard of.  By the age of 22, this guy has no achievements whatsoever in the professional game.  He has been retained by Everton for 10 years however so that must say something about him.

Got a terrific surname so that is a plus.

How long were you at Everton Doug?

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Chicken and egg, but if you have 15k a week to pay for Allan Campbell Mitch, you could help, since we are "all" Hearts

Allan Tanz Campbell, no thanks.

11 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

No idea mate. Is it a done deal already? Is it a diversion as we are looking at someone else? What man?

He sounds good.

A lot of players who don't quite make it first time around in the EPL drop a level, find some confidence and consistency and rebound with style.

59 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Liverpool echo leaked this story so definitely from the sellers side

That bloody Liverpool Echo, if it’s true Joe Savage would be pulling his hair out if he had any. 

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No idea mate. Is it a done deal already? Is it a diversion as we are looking at someone else? What man?

There is a reason he was linked with Tranmere. He is not the level Savage is looking for. 

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Why did we leak it to a Liverpool paper in that case?

Maybe we have another target and they're taking their time. 🤷

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

The good:

Fills a position of need (CM)

Good pedigree coming through at Everton and got early first team football, clearly something there.

Good age. Could be a real asset if he pans out.

The bad:

Virtually no appearances at senior level. At age 22 could take some time to get up to speed.

Seemingly has had some issues with injury attitude according the Everton fans forums. 
Big question marks for guys coming from the english game, can they adapt to the pace of the game and the physicality up here? Been lots of players coming up here with great pedigrees who have struggled to get to grips

Overall, its the type of punt we need to make if we are to progress as a club. Trust is in savage on this one.

27 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Derby spent the second half of last season fighting relegation and Rooney largely switched to a "route 1" approach and I doubt playing an inexperienced younger player would be sensible in such a system. Rooney played all his experienced people towards the end and just scraped safety.  I don't think this was a "good" loan for either party

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

So saying we are trying to make higher level targets think we are aiming lower, presumely so they dont try and expect more money then we can offer.

15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Seriously? What does that matter? We’re Hearts fans not Man Utd fans. My knowledge of footballers fall into 3 categories. Scottish football, the EPL and the world class champs league type. 

Flogel

Adam

Salvatori

Rousset

De Vries

Bednar 

Skacel

Aguiar
Zal

Suso

Sow

Zeefuik

Had you heard of any of those?

Batistuta87
54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You always put a bit research into your topics and posts.

Makes this place interesting.

I'll back you up, like I back Robbie up! 😁

whelms are going in the right direction on the back of this news.

Thanks pal 👍🏻👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Probably about the same number of folk that emptied their bowels when hibs signed that US of ehhh bloke. 

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

There is a reason he was linked with Tranmere. He is not the level Savage is looking for. 

Totally read that in a Jedi voice

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Is McEneff out of the picture?

Depends on the picture. 

3 hours ago, merrymac said:

High whelm rating then?

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Whelms can happen at the most unusual of times. Sometimes just riding the bus can create a whelm out of nowhere.

2 years of poor loans & with a few injuries with this Everton lad not exactly someone who inspires confidence. Now if and that’s a big if this lad signed for Hearts and he was , let’s say a bad signing, where would we go then. Savage and his staff have to get this summers signings right. No more duds we’ve had more than our fair share thank you very much.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2 years of poor loans & with a few injuries with this Everton lad not exactly someone who inspires confidence. Now if and that’s a big if this lad signed for Hearts and he was , let’s say a bad signing, where would we go then. Savage and his staff have to get this summers signings right. No more duds we’ve had more than our fair share thank you very much.

😭😭

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Being linked with Premier League players is a lot better and more exciting than I was beginning to expect if I'm being honest. I was thinking Championship release-ees at best based on some of the names that were floating around. I'm just happy we're not dredging the depths of League One and League Two competing with Kidderminster Harriers and York City only for Newport County to come in and gazump us at the last minute. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

I agree.

The fast pace of Scottish football has become some sort of urban legend. Almost every game I watched us play last season was slow and ponderous at best.

It's mostly just an endless string of misplaced passes being mistaken for 'end to end football'.

It’s not so much the pace of it, but the time on the ball. I saw study done on all of the top leagues and it was something ridiculous like Spain/Italy you’d get 5 times more on the ball than you do in England, and then Scotland was even less than that. 

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Mate, I was making a joke using whelm as a substitute for an unexpected bus chub.

Don’t think anyone is getting overly excited by the pedigree. Think people are going a little tongue in cheek about being excited over ANY reported transfer news considering we’ve been starved for so long. But many have already made the point it could go either way if it happens. Injury prone lost his way type or EPL youth dropping a level to find form like Kamara type. A lot of us have said we should look at the English U23 market as there’s many players with potential there. But at our level we have to take punts sometimes.

Personally I will reserve my whelms until he actually signs first of all. So the quest continues.

InternationalJambo
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So saying we are trying to make higher level targets think we are aiming lower, presumely so they dont try and expect more money then we can offer.

There hasn't been a leak since Savage came in... all of a sudden there is a link... 2+2 usually equals four. 

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

There hasn't been a leak since Savage came in... all of a sudden there is a link... 2+2 usually equals four. 

Not on JKB mate. 2+2 usually equals at least 5 or 6. 

Edited by Batistuta87

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I assume you are a fan of John le Carre. 🤣

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Mate, I was making a joke using whelm as a substitute for an unexpected bus chub.

Don’t think anyone is getting overly excited by the pedigree. Think people are going a little tongue in cheek about being excited over ANY reported transfer news considering we’ve been starved for so long. But many have already made the point it could go either way if it happens. Injury prone lost his way type or EPL youth dropping a level to find form like Kamara type. A lot of us have said we should look at the English U23 market as there’s many players with potential there. But at our level we have to take punts sometimes.

Personally I will reserve my whelms until he actually signs first of all. So the quest continues.

"Unexpected bus chub" 😂 😂 😂 

He does have a bit of the Glen Kamaras about him actually. Hopefully, if he does come to us, he cracks on in the same way and significantly increases his whelmage. 

51 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

The good:

Fills a position of need (CM)

Good pedigree coming through at Everton and got early first team football, clearly something there.

Good age. Could be a real asset if he pans out.

The bad:

Virtually no appearances at senior level. At age 22 could take some time to get up to speed.

Seemingly has had some issues with injury attitude according the Everton fans forums. 
Big question marks for guys coming from the english game, can they adapt to the pace of the game and the physicality up here? Been lots of players coming up here with great pedigrees who have struggled to get to grips

Overall, its the type of punt we need to make if we are to progress as a club. Trust is in savage on this one.

Agreed. Massive call on Savages part if we sign this guy. At some stage he must have had something. Hopefully just needs a reset 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

How long were you at Everton Doug?

I beg your pardon.  I am absolutely outraged and I am unanimous in that.  I acknowledged in my thoughtful post that 10 years at Everton is an achievement in itself even although they are the hibs of liverpool.

My stay at Everton was short-lived.  My mate Shugs and I were in a taxi and the driver took us past the two grounds. 

35 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It’s not so much the pace of it, but the time on the ball. I saw study done on all of the top leagues and it was something ridiculous like Spain/Italy you’d get 5 times more on the ball than you do in England, and then Scotland was even less than that. 

Correct 100%. There’s not that much pace up here but it’s very physical. Quick feet natural pass and move types do okay up here. Midfielders who want time to control and look up generally get hammered on the ball unless they are very VERY good or very quick. Olly Lee a prime example of a reasonably cultured footballer who just couldn’t handle it.

Edited by JimmyCant

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume you are a fan of John le Carre. 🤣

🤣

I was going to post on a similar line.

this thread has gone from Waiting For Godot to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

🤣

I was going to post on a similar line.

this thread has gone from Waiting For Godot to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

You deserve a Smiley.

At least it's a wee bit exciting having a possibility to ponder.  He might come.  He might not.  He might be good.  He might not.  He might sign for us then get injured.

At least it's something.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

At least it's a wee bit exciting having a possibility to ponder.  He might come.  He might not.  He might be good.  He might not.  He might sign for us then get injured.

At least it's something.

It's a thread saviour at least.

Hackney Hearts
40 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

He might come.  He might not.  He might be good.  He might not.  He might sign for us then get injured.

Or he might be some sort of stalking horse. Apparently.

52 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wages won't be a problem. 

Not having a go but your info hasn't been the best this window. 😂

Still, i do like the rumours that you and the other guys post. 

You think this one has legs?

Arthur Morgan

Ah so this is just smoke and mirrors, we aren't in for this guy at all as we are aiming for higher targets? Interesting.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct 100%. There’s not that much pace up here but it’s very physical. Quick feet natural pass and move types do okay up here. Midfielders who want time to control and look up generally get hammered on the ball unless they are very VERY good or very quick. Olly Lee a prime example of a reasonably cultured footballer who just couldn’t handle it.

Are you saying he couldn't handle the 0.3 seconds less time on the ball than he got in English League 1?

Damour also came from a decent season in the English Championship.

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

No leak from Hearts.
I will guess we have made an offer and the players agent has leaked the news to try and raise the offer by courting interest from other clubs. 

This was my thinking. Not sure I’m buying the chess game approach. 

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Do you still get signing on fees? 

Not at hearts mate we are skint. So one ITK’er with a trusted source told us yesterday. 🙄

john thomas
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m excited. I feel a thread title change coming on. I’ll miss old Alex though

Bangemin Beni sounds better than plain old Alex (sorry Alex)

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***