***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Not a pop at you mate but I hate this “excuse” about pace of game not suiting certain players. Yes I accept football is played differently across countries but they’re pros and good pros adapt quickly

Totally, if you're being paid thousands of pounds a week to play football, you damn well better adjust to the pace quickly. Sadly, it didn't happen. I hate it too, its a shite excuse. 

Frustrating because when he's on the ball he looks competent but then he takes a second too long and we're back on the defensive. Hugely frustrating. Malaury Martin was similar. Kind of annoying because its like making the same mistake twice. Consecutively. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not having a go, just interesting to see how a young player having a good start is flipped around on here to one of our senior players being a poor investment. 

Different strokes, different folks tho. 

If that’s the way you want to twist what i said it’s up to you. I’m delighted that a youngster has got in the team but anyway you look at it it can’t be a good thing for McEnuff. 

The Apprentice
39 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

On reading the story Le Mans want him on loan, can only make a small contribution to his wages as they are part time and want the option of a free transfer at the end of the season.  Seems like at best we would be paying 90% of his existing wages before he returns for pre-season next year.

I think the most important thing for us now is to get him somewhere and playing regularly. At the very least he is in some sort of shop window and the hope is he does well enough to get himself a permanent move somewhere else before the end of his contract. The longer he stays festering in the reserves without playing the harder it’s going to be to punt him. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Totally, if you're being paid thousands of pounds a week to play football, you damn well better adjust to the pace quickly. Sadly, it didn't happen. I hate it too, its a shite excuse. 

Frustrating because when he's on the ball he looks competent but then he takes a second too long and we're back on the defensive. Hugely frustrating. Malaury Martin was similar. Kind of annoying because its like making the same mistake twice. Consecutively. 

It's the same for me when managers tell fans players need a few months to get upto speed. These guys are professional athletes 

BackOfTheNet

Teddy Bishop off to Lincoln and George Edmundson off to Ipswich. Two names been touted on here, the former even made it to EEN where Barry Anderson stated we weren’t in for him. So no surprise there, but that was one of the rare ones that the media mentioned.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

According to the doom mongers, we did nothing for him, he went to Celtic where he did all his development, then we did nothing for him again till he left.

It's beyond a joke what some post on here.

Aye it's a joke. I understand folk being pissed off,  but don't make shit up.

Rick Sanchez

I only seem Damour in the Sunderland friendly and he looked uninterested and going through the motions. He clearly doesn't want to be here. Hopefully this first bit of transfer speculation makes a couple of other clubs takes notice for a better deal or save more on wages.

50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Who knows but interesting that we aren’t leaking anything but this story comes out 

Leaky le mans

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Not a pop at you mate but I hate this “excuse” about pace of game not suiting certain players. Yes I accept football is played differently across countries but they’re pros and good pros adapt quickly

Exactly.

Really good players will adapt.

Just an excuse 😏

50 minutes ago, OTT said:

Biggest problem for Loic was that the pace of the game in Scotland was miles ahead of what he could adapt to. Some players manage it (Olly Lee) others don't. 

I wish we'd been able to offload him much quicker, but best of luck to him. I reckon he'll do well back in France. Technically he's a good player, the speed the game is played at up here wasn't suited to him. It happens. Buzzing the wage can be reinvested back into the squad. 

:rofl:

A good post in the most part but if there is anyone, and I mean literally anyone who has ever came to Scottish football and been unable to adapt to the pace of the game it was Olly Lee. The slowest player I think I have ever witnessed.

45 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Agree.  The first couple of games is where it should dawn on you what is required in respect of the pace and nature of the game.  It’s the wake up call.  

It’s like an injured player coming back after a lay off. They may be lacking match fitness or sharpness but you start to see how they assert themselves because they know what’s needed.  

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, OTT said:

Biggest problem for Loic was that the pace of the game in Scotland was miles ahead of what he could adapt to. Some players manage it (Olly Lee) others don't. 

I wish we'd been able to offload him much quicker, but best of luck to him. I reckon he'll do well back in France. Technically he's a good player, the speed the game is played at up here wasn't suited to him. It happens. Buzzing the wage can be reinvested back into the squad. 

running about helps. He’s a lazy wage thief 

john thomas
29 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Do you not need to be fast if you're at le mans?

Just for the day (and night)

Great news! hope this loan goes through, Loic just didn't do enough for us, whatever way you want to slice it and if we can save even a little money then it's better than paying his full wages, would like us to try and shift Popescu and Robert's too if possible.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

French 3rd... Deary me 

Who scouted this guy again?

So our potential midfield are now flaunting their skills in German and French 3rd divs. 👀

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So our potential midfield are now flaunting their skills in German and French 3rd divs. 👀

Potentially 🙂. Irving only managed the bench the other day. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Olly Lee managed it 🤨 jesus h christ 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Agree to an extent aye, but I think his attitude has been all wrong and he's completely failed to get the head down and work hard to adapt. I think he thought he was too good and rather than work hard to adapt he just downed tools and probably expected things to happen for him. Was willing to give him another chance based on his pre-season form but if someone is actually interested I don't think we should take the chance and so the quicker he's away the better I would say. 

Also, Olly Lee was pish lol. 

Edited by Batistuta87

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:yas:

Real news

Exactly what I thought when I read it 

Well I know nothing about him. 

However, failed to break through to PL, 22, as potential and a point to prove. 

Could be a great signing. 

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Exactly what I thought when I read it 

Obviously leaked from their end. Joe will be fuming. 

jamboveg1874
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Have to agree 100% . If you remember when Tottenham came to visit,  we got ripped a knew one and the pace of their play was frightening! 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

French 3rd... Deary me 

Who scouted this guy again?

Craig Levein's punishment for signing Damour and others, or more specifically giving them 3 and 4 year contracts, should be to play in a 5 a side team with Martin, Damour and Oshaniwa for all eternity. Maybe with Dylan Bikey, Cole Stockton or Grezlak making up the numbers.

BackOfTheNet

15 career games by 22, 12 of them in the 17/18 season (8 in PL). Only played 3 times in as many years.

But dare I say… whelms?

Seems to have been reasonably highly rated at one stage, making a handful of appearances for Everton a few years ago. He's barely played any first team games at any level since then though and his two loan spells to the Championship both saw him play a couple of games and then get bombed out completely.

It seems unlikely he'd be able to slot in and make an instant impact if he signs, but hopefully our new recruitment department are good at their jobs and can see potential in him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Seems to have been reasonably highly rated at one stage, making a handful of appearances for Everton a few years ago. He's barely played any first team games at any level since then though and his two loan spells to the Championship both saw him play a couple of games and then get bombed out completely.

It seems unlikely he'd be able to slot in and make an instant impact if he signs, but hopefully our new recruitment department are good at their jobs and can see potential in him.

Injuries. 

But young enough to make a fresh start. Could be anything this one. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

The dreaded ‘injuries’ also makes a mention. Young lad though, must have something about him to be on Everton’s books. Fits our age remit also.  

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

15 career games by 22, 12 of them in the 17/18 season (8 in PL). Only played 3 times in as many years.

But dare I say… whelms?

4 year deal

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Injuries. 

But young enough to make a fresh start. Could be anything this one. 

If we’re to take a gamble on a youngster… he probably ticks all the right boxes (except the injuries part). 🤷‍♂️

My predictions if he signs, going by that article. 

Having played in the EPL, he'll be hyped to **** on here, but will end up getting ripped a new one as it turns out he's not actually World class, within a month. The new Sean Clare.

Couple that with the "tough time with injuries recently" and the absolute stickon that he'll rupture his cruciate and be out for 18 months before we get to Christmas. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If we’re to take a gamble on a youngster… he probably ticks all the right boxes (except the injuries part). 🤷‍♂️

It’s younger players we should be gambling on. 👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***