***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It’s not an unbalanced view it’s factual and the reference to the former regime was more of a nod to Levein than to Ann herself. AB has provided funds to every manager that came here but at the moment we’re on the breadline. RN has stated that youth will get a chance this year and there’s good reason for that. We’re shopping in Lidl and Aldi’s this year, scouring for a few wee gems if there’s a deal to be done. If not it’s status quo. There’s money for wages but not much to negotiate with and if we can’t get what we want, for what we want to pay then it’s status quo.

RN has already stated we need 4 players for our squad and JS is trying to procure his list for him. We are not an attractive proposition at the moment for any would be suitors

That’s not in unbalanced view, sadly that’s fact! 

I’m not doubting your post mate but if money is so tight why aren’t we trimming costs for all other depts of the club, dare I say including a women’s team. Also savage appears to be building a recruitment team which is strange if we don’t have a pot to piss in. Lots of players have been shed aswell, surely savings have been made there.

Time will tell….

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’m not doubting your post mate but if money is so tight why aren’t we trimming costs for all other depts of the club, dare I say including a women’s team. Also savage appears to be building a recruitment team which is strange if we don’t have a pot to piss in. Lots of players have been shed aswell, surely savings have been made there.

Time will tell….

That is seen as an investment, a cast-iron guaranteed way of attracting 1000's of new fans to the club.

Getting as many fans as possible into Tynie or, dare i say it, Murrayfield is not.

Hearts of Vladland

Calling bullshit on the ‘skint’ claims, if we were skint and needing money, why aren’t the season tickets on general sale yet?

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Calling bullshit on the ‘skint’ claims, if we were skint and needing money, why aren’t the season tickets on general sale yet?

I don't think we're skint, I just think we're being cautious with the budget we have rather than spunking it away on dross like we have done for the last 6 or 7 years, I'd also like to think the club were being cautious in case this pandemic takes another turn for the worse and crowds end up somehow being affected again, because until all crowd restrictions are lifted, then every club in Scotland is hamstrung for income, I'd say it's a very sensible approach by the club myself, and I'm happy to play the long game on transfers as well. 

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Time will tell….

The gents football team is one of a number of priorities…. that doesn’t seem to have changed. 

It should be first team first, second and third… especially after the clubs owner / board has overseen such a terrible time.  
Waiting to sign players (just to have a sensible Squad size) after the season starts is never a great plan and having a squad so reliant on injury prone players is never a good idea. 

45 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

How can you possibly know this????

13 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Didn’t we splash out a reasonable fee on both McEneff and Gnando? If the vision was “to get business done” last season with a view to the squad already being largely in place for our return to the SPL, it’s a concern.  

However, I’m not sure business is done.  Pretty hopeful there’ll be 2 or 3 signed.  

If we are skint why go to the bother of bringing in a new recruitment team and wasting money on them if we can't actually make any new signings. Unless AB herself has told you we are skint or your Hearts bank manager and have access to the accounts I think folk on this thread are doing a bit of attention seeking! 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

If we are skint why go to the bother of bringing in a new recruitment team and wasting money on them if we can't actually make any new signings. Unless AB herself has told you we are skint or your Hearts bank manager and have access to the accounts I think folk on this thread are doing a bit of attention seeking! 

It's not attention seeking. Posters on this thread definitely have links to past board members of the club. I'd imagine they are just posting what they heard on the grapevine.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That is seen as an investment, a cast-iron guaranteed way of attracting 1000's of new fans to the club.

Getting as many fans as possible into Tynie or, dare i say it, Murrayfield is not.

How on earth is a women’s team a cast iron guarantee of 1000’s of new fans?!  A handful of people are interested enough in women’s football in Scotland to go and watch it so I’m struggling to see how that manifests into 1000’s more going to see the men’s team, just won’t happen never mind a cast iron guarantee (I get that you’re trying to put forward the club’s reasoning though).

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We are certainly not skint. Prudent is the word I’d use. 

This. I think the days of money being squandered are done. That’s why Savage is in post. Value for money is the way forward now. Long overdue after the past few years. 

Biffa Bacon
2 hours ago, bazman said:

can't be skint if we are still going to sign free agents. Outside the old firm not a lot of people will be paying fees

As has been the case for many years, nothing new.

Selkirkhmfc1874
46 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Off course it's nonsense!! Joe savage and Robbie Neilson have said we looking for right players and they correct to take there time to get it right

David Black

Well I was told from a very reliable source last night that all the ITK, my source brigade are talking total bollocks and are as clueless as the rest of us are. 

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It’s not an unbalanced view it’s factual and the reference to the former regime was more of a nod to Levein than to Ann herself. AB has provided funds to every manager that came here but at the moment we’re on the breadline. RN has stated that youth will get a chance this year and there’s good reason for that. We’re shopping in Lidl and Aldi’s this year, scouring for a few wee gems if there’s a deal to be done. If not it’s status quo. There’s money for wages but not much to negotiate with and if we can’t get what we want, for what we want to pay then it’s status quo.

RN has already stated we need 4 players for our squad and JS is trying to procure his list for him. We are not an attractive proposition at the moment for any would be suitors

Vast majority of clubs will be under financial pressure, if no one can afford the salary then players will have to accept less than they wished for, to secure employment. They will be in no hurry to sign a deal at a reduced rate until they have exhausted all options. I suspect this will drive signings towards the end of the window.

“We’ve spunked money up the wall on utter dross the past few years. Going forward, we are going to ensure we get as much bang for our buck as we can. The scattergun approach of signing players is a thing of the past. We want to ensure that the money we spend serves us far better than it has in recent years, and if it takes us a little longer to sign players, then so be it”

Or

“wur skint”. 

Now, depending on your viewpoint/the narrative you want to create, you can take either of the above as gospel. With five weeks still left of the transfer window, I’m still willing to believe the former as opposed to the latter. **** flingin toys oot the pram when there’s still over a month to go before the window shuts. Jammies gettin rustled left right and centre because our season starts on July 31st and we’ve no brought anyone in yet. Do you think the potential signings out there care when our league starts? They’ve got until the end of August to maximise their income. It’s no their fault we’ve chosen to start so early in this country. 

Look, unless you have direct access to the clubs finances, you have no idea of the club’s financial position.  Guesstimates can be made based on various factors. But that’s all they are. Guesses. 

Man we need a signing 😂

Stendelnator

You build a recruitment team to maximise your efforts and minimise costs long term. If you have people in place specifically for recruitment you can save money because they may be able to identify better for less. That’s how moneyball works anyway 

11 hours ago, Herbert said:

If we sign him that's pretty lazy is it not? we bring savage in who is ment to know about lower league English football and has knowledge of Ireland and we go sign a hun cast off. 

Has a real Connor Salmon feel about him - over 30, one good season in front of goal, and living off that since then. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Has a real Connor Salmon feel about him - over 30, one good season in front of goal, and living off that since then. 

Who?

36 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Exactly the point I was making. People as dressing up some here say as facts. 

39 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d imagine we’re not wanting to spend a lot this season given the last year or two. Purely my opinion, but I can see them hoping/thinking that this squad is enough to get top 6 and the season is about cementing our place back in the league. Whether that will happen and the fans are happy with this is a different story.

Edited by Koolkeith

10 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Vast majority of clubs will be under financial pressure, if no one can afford the salary then players will have to accept less than they wished for, to secure employment. They will be in no hurry to sign a deal at a reduced rate until they have exhausted all options. I suspect this will drive signings towards the end of the window.

If we have a bad start, could some of these players agents hold us to ransom? We need players, the longer it goes without us getting anyone the more obvious that is going to be imo.

RustyRightPeg

Skint? No. 

Prudent? Yes. 

Folk happy if we sign 10 average players who won’t really help us quickly? No. 

Folk happy if we take longer to try and sign the correct type of player we need? No. 

Can I wait for this transfer window to close? No. 

Worthing Jambo
12 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Wow, that is a little gem of a reasoned and sensible post.👍

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I’d imagine we’re not wanting to spend a lot this season given the last year or two. Purely my opinion, but I can see them hoping/thinking that this squad is enough to get top 6 and the season is about cementing our place back in the league. Whether that will happen and the fans are happy with this is a different story.

I think the club are fully aware of the need to strengthen, if their comments to the press over the last couple of months are anything to go by. Robbie himself has repeatedly said this. As has JS.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Skint? No. 

Prudent? Yes. 

Folk happy if we sign 10 average players who won’t really help us quickly? No. 

Folk happy if we take longer to try and sign the correct type of player we need? No. 

Can I wait for this transfer window to close? No. 

👍

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

I don’t know his source. I absolutely 1000% trust mine though 👍🏻

I also didn’t agree with him that we’re skint - I deliberately ignored that part of his post. 

He’s putting it out there that we are skint. You should have pulled him up for it then instead of giving it legs with your “this guy knows” comment. 

We know have two trusted sources, one telling us we are skint and another saying we aren’t. 😂

Not aimed at you but the club is as tight as it’s ever been regarding leaks and we know have a flurry of posters with varying itk credentials posting here say and fiction as facts from a trusted source. 

https://t.co/M4kshHLKIS

Caught up with the skipper who talks about how special it’ll be to lead Hearts out on Saturday with us back in the Premiership.

If we never had him in goals, I’d be a lot more concerned about the upcoming season. 11 consecutive clean sheets is very impressive, don’t care who the opposition is. 

What’s not good is what little money we have had has been skunked on shite by our new sporting director ( McAneff ,Gnando)

Stendelnator
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

What’s not good is what little money we have had has been skunked on shite by our new sporting director ( McAneff ,Gnando)

Do you ever take a day off from being an utterly insufferable bore?

Just now, Stendelnator said:

A day ? I’d chop my arm off for a ****ing hour. 

10 minutes ago, pointon said:

Ahh the fisherman has returned for the day

1 hour ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

I suspect season tickets will go on general sale again when Hearts can allow all current season ticket holders in to watch a game without a ballot

sandylejambo

OK we don't want to panick buy, but I'm sure as the league season is just days away Neilson is already panicking, he knows a bad sta to the campaign and he's toast, so the nearer it comes to league games with these players the more twitchy his arse is getting and he'll settle for players he dismissed weeks ago.

34 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I think the club are fully aware of the need to strengthen, if their comments to the press over the last couple of months are anything to go by. Robbie himself has repeatedly said this. As has JS.

Yeah. I think we’ll see two sign in the next week or two. Then maybe the usual end of August free agent. 

19 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

A day ? I’d chop my arm off for a ****ing hour. 

14 minutes ago, bazman said:

Ahh the fisherman has returned for the day

Good to see I’m not alone in my thoughts 🤣🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Its in there this mornings paper again, we now have a couple of other guys in that department, analysis and a recruiter, as well as Neilson and Savage, poor Neilson is bored stiff telling folk it will take time.

Frustrating for us fans, but much better to get it right. The trolling on this thread all the same needs better attention

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, pointon said:

Gnanduillet is not shite in the slightest. McEneff has not had a run of games in his preferred position to make an appropriate judgement yet in my opinion. I’m frustrated with lack of signings too, but let’s not just state things that are observationally untrue.

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

OK we don't want to panick buy, but I'm sure as the league season is just days away Neilson is already panicking, he knows a bad sta to the campaign and he's toast, so the nearer it comes to league games with these players the more twitchy his arse is getting and he'll settle for players he dismissed weeks ago.

I don't believe that is the case. He has bagged himself a few brownie points with the league cup campaign, the celtic game will be seen as a free hit as well.

It would have to be truly cataclysmic for Robbie to lose his job before Christmas.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't believe that is the case. He has bagged himself a few brownie points with the league cup campaign, the celtic game will be seen as a free hit as well.

It would have to be truly cataclysmic for Robbie to lose his job before Christmas.

We have already witnessed what happens by backing the wrong man for too long 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree, from the very dark week, that followed the "at best" insipid spell, they have played well since April, controlled matches, carried a threat and moved the ball far better. I think folk losing any credibility suggesting different.

However......

.....away form has to pick up, think our 2nd game is at St Mirren, thats exactly the type of game we have to put our mark on, if we cant, then it puts a lot of pressure on the home form.

If they manage to get another few in and the patience pays off, he is streetwise enough to get results. If not performances

Nookie Bear
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I agree, from the very dark week, that followed the "at best" insipid spell, they have played well since April, controlled matches, carried a threat and moved the ball far better. I think folk losing any credibility suggesting different.

However......

.....away form has to pick up, think our 2nd game is at St Mirren, thats exactly the type of game we have to put our mark on, if we cant, then it puts a lot of pressure on the home form.

If they manage to get another few in and the patience pays off, he is streetwise enough to get results. If not performances

Spot on.

Personally feel celtic are there for the taking but the next game is massive for Robbie.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

However......

Completely agree with this. Celtic is winnable but it wouldn’t surprise me if they suddenly found form when they turn up to play us. Lost the next one and the pressure will be on. 

Edited by Dazo

Rick Sanchez

Robbie won't have any concerns about his job, even after 3 or 4 early defeats. Last season will have been forgotten about as far as they're concerned.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***