***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

13 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

It’s all relative. I would say our youth system has been pretty good compared to most clubs. It could be better undoubtedly but my local team Sheffield Wednesday haven’t developed a top player in over 20 years. The best they’ve had is Liam Palmer who is an average at best full back. 

Celtic will find that out soon enough when they realise what Shaw and Urhoghide are really like ability wise.

Take your point.

We have produced others such as Holt, Nicholson...but we really have to put a lot more emphasis on the youth set up. 

Don't think it's been in the right hands but perhaps is now.

We can't spend our way to success so it's vital that we do get it right.

Always been naturally inclined to Wednesday rather than United, btw.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot

No signings! 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

Tuesday 4 days before our first game of the 2021-2022 Premiership League season and our return to the league we should never of been relegated from. We started the new season on the 10th of July against Peterhead and up to now Hearts have managed to sign one new player On Loan. We are told they only want quality, we are told the players are close to coming, we are told the talks have to be secret in case other clubs could come in for these players, we are told this and that and it’s getting a bit much ! Have patience I hear, we have a fantastic chance to start this new season with a winning start when we have a few obvious glaring weaknesses at Centre Back (2), Midfield & Goal Scorer and that’s the minimum. Celtic are there for the taking in fact August I’d like Hearts to be top of the league but those in charge of signing players need to get the finger out and at least communicate with the fans as to what the problem is without naming names. Is the problem money, Hearts style of play, the manager, Edinburgh because it’s hard to understand why quality 21 to 25 year old players would not want to sign for Hearts one of Scotland’s top clubs.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Tuesday 4 days before our first game of the 2021-2022 Premiership League season and our return to the league we should never of been relegated from. We started the new season on the 10th of July against Peterhead and up to now Hearts have managed to sign one new player On Loan. We are told they only want quality, we are told the players are close to coming, we are told the talks have to be secret in case other clubs could come in for these players, we are told this and that and it’s getting a bit much ! Have patience I hear, we have a fantastic chance to start this new season with a winning start when we have a few obvious glaring weaknesses at Centre Back (2), Midfield & Goal Scorer and that’s the minimum. Celtic are there for the taking in fact August I’d like Hearts to be top of the league but those in charge of signing players need to get the finger out and at least communicate with the fans as to what the problem is without naming names. Is the problem money, Hearts style of play, the manager, Edinburgh because it’s hard to understand why quality 21 to 25 year old players would not want to sign for Hearts one of Scotland’s top clubs.

Wow Mitch why’s it taken you so long to come out with this, should have mentioned this before, never knew you felt this way, come on now open up more

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Quiet day for the media team so far 👀

Stuffing tickets in envelopes I hear. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I meant to say wouldn’t sign him mate and I agree with pretty much all of the above.

👍

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

It takes as long to drive from Aberdeen to Inverness as it does from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Over 5 hour round trip versus half an hour to Cove. Are Cove part time as well? Given he turns 34 mid season it sounds like he is setting himself up nicely for his final few years of football.

Fair enough, thought it was closer. Good business by them anyway.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Is the problem money, Hearts style of play, the manager, Edinburgh because it’s hard to understand why quality 21 to 25 year old players would not want to sign for Hearts one of Scotland’s top clubs.

Would be rather refreshing for Hearts release a statement saying we are struggling to sign players because everyone knows the Head Coach is a bit rubbish 🤷‍♀️:lol:

Personally feel we are looking at free transfers and (i assume) those guys are weighing up other offers similar to ours. If we offer cash for a a player then it puts us in the driving seat but doing it this way just allows us to join the bidding process aliongside everyone else.

As for Edinburgh, it's great but players want cash and would happily spend a year in a Travelodge outside Swindon if it meant an extra £50k in their pocket at the end of the year.

We are nothing special when it comes to the majority of players out there. A stepping stone at best but there is a danger a player disappears up here in a league considered by many (including our own governing body) to be a bit of a joke.

Doesn't seem to be many decent free agents left in the UK that you'd tout as good for Hearts in the positions we need. Not according to Transfermark anyway. 😬

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Might have passed you by but Scottish football is shit and uncompetitive. Theres your answer

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might have passed you by but Scottish football is shit and uncompetitive. Theres your answer

Are you Neil Doncaster?

(No offence meant!)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Are you Neil Doncaster?

(No offence meant!)

Offence taken!!! Woh woh woh

Been called some names in my time! We dont have a very good rep, even in our own country, no wonder when Luton Town are more competitive in the market than anyone else bar the arse cheeks.

This is a very sad reality driving our game further backwards, due to the arseholes like Neil that fail to take our game forwards. Playing for peanuts

Edited by Sir Gio

Budge is probably enjoying the clamour for signings and the away strip.Piles and piles of us losing our cool in this sweltering weather.Me included.This is our punishment for the rebellious factions toward the end of the season.Control freaks are very crafty individuals☀️

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Hickey went from Hearts to Celtic and back to Hearts, so it wasn't just Celtic who developed him.

According to the doom mongers, we did nothing for him, he went to Celtic where he did all his development, then we did nothing for him again till he left.

It's beyond a joke what some post on here.

One thing is for sure. Robbie is under enormous pressure in his 1st 10 league games with some dire results last season. The fans don't forget. Surely getting men in early would in theory help him keep his job, improve his team, yet we find ourselves 1 loan player better off than we did from a championship team last term that largely dissapointed us all. Maybe Mr Savage playing hardball with potential players is actually backfiring and Hearts aren't the big selling point they have been in the past. Mr Savage doesn't think he needs to sell the club. Maybe he does need to sell it more considering the past 5 years of mismanagement 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Wow Mitch why’s it taken you so long to come out with this, should have mentioned this before, never knew you felt this way, come on now open up more

I do my best  😉

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wow that's a bit close to the nail. Maybe, in fact, it's up to Hearts to make the League competitive instead of underachieving for decades.

lost in space
18 minutes ago, Spookie said:

One thing is for sure. Robbie is under enormous pressure in his 1st 10 league games with some dire results last season. The fans don't forget. Surely getting men in early would in theory help him keep his job, improve his team, yet we find ourselves 1 loan player better off than we did from a championship team last term that largely dissapointed us all. Maybe Mr Savage playing hardball with potential players is actually backfiring and Hearts aren't the big selling point they have been in the past. Mr Savage doesn't think he needs to sell the club. Maybe he does need to sell it more considering the past 5 years of mismanagement 

It may not take 10 games before Neison is under enormous pressure. If we lose the 2 games against the mhanks and don't get at least a point at St Mirren, he will be put under big pressure v Dons on 21st August, especially if all fans are allowed back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Wow that's a bit close to the nail. Maybe, in fact, it's up to Hearts to make the League competitive instead of underachieving for decades.

Chicken and egg, but if you have 15k a week to pay for Allan Campbell Mitch, you could help, since we are "all" Hearts

Prepared to wait for the right players, ( not got much choice ! 🥴)

But like somebody else posted, I'm getting bloody cheesed off coming on to this thread and seeing 'Alex Cochrane signs' ! 😖

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It may not take 10 games before Neison is under enormous pressure. If we lose the 2 games against the mhanks and don't get at least a point at St Mirren, he will be put under big pressure v Dons on 21st August, especially if all fans are allowed back.

I hope i’m wrong but I think he will be gone by end of next month. 

Ive got this bad feeling we are going to get of to a terrible start and he will have to go. We will then takes weeks to get someone in and have no time for new players and another season of chasing our tails 

Why we didn’t get a new manager in during the summer will come back to haunt us in next couple of months 

As I said I hope I’m miles off and terribly wrong 

16 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Fair comment which makes the lack of incomings to help him get a better side even weirder. Is Savage actually doing us a favour here 

Hectormasson
47 minutes ago, Spookie said:

And if it goes tits up , early  doors , this time there's fans  that will let him know about it !       Here's hoping it don't come to that but we need some early points that's for sure.......

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

No club anywhere updates fans on transfers

It is a behind closed doors business, as it should be

At the end of the day a football club is a business and the players employees

They are sourced, hired, let go. 

All of this is done ,and then as it is a public business, this is then communicated to the fans

Would be wrong for the club to behave otherwise

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Au revoir…

Better than a new signing. Mods,have we spare cash for the taxi? I'll chuck something in. 

Phil D. Corners

I’m starting to wonder how hard is it for us to bring real quality players to Hearts/north of border.  

I recall reading in secret footballer that he said nobody wants to play for Sunderland unless they are desperate as it’s a **** hole and hard to get too. 

Edinburgh is an amazing city, no debate. But is hard for us get quality players, with no prior connection to Scotland, to relocate their families here, taking in to account the wages we have to offer? 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Au revoir…

Would hope he'd go for it but it says they're part time so don't know how likely it is he'll want to go or sign permanently for a part time side.

David McCaig

On reading the story Le Mans want him on loan, can only make a small contribution to his wages as they are part time and want the option of a free transfer at the end of the season.  Seems like at best we would be paying 90% of his existing wages before he returns for pre-season next year.

1 minute ago, TommyC said:

Would hope he'd go for it but it says they're part time so don't know how likely it is he'll want to go or sign permanently for a part time side.

Who knows but interesting that we aren’t leaking anything but this story comes out 

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

On reading the story Le Mans want him on loan, can only make a small contribution to his wages as they are part time and want the option of a free transfer at the end of the season.  Seems like at best we would be paying 90% of his existing wages before he returns for pre-season next year.

He's deemed not good enough, we obviously can't afford to buy him out his contract, what a terrible signing.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, feej said:

He's deemed not good enough, we obviously can't afford to buy him out his contract, what a terrible signing.

It sounds like loaning him to Le Mans will save us very little cash and make Damour even more likely to see out his full contract.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

It sounds like loaning him to Le Mans will save us very little cash and make Damour even more likely to see out his full contract.

I would think you're right, headline is misleading. I very much doubt he'll want to go part-time

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, feej said:

I would think you're right, headline is misleading. I very much doubt he'll want to go part-time

part time but getting paid full time, most of it by us 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, martoon said:

...and us, Ethan.

If sufficient quality isn't added to the current squad we're all in for a long, difficult season.

Some will still lap it up, though.

I think we are in for a long, difficult season anyway. I don’t think it’s going to be pretty.

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Au revoir…

Honestly, he's looked good in the pre-season games I've been at 😂 Quick feet, quick reactions, excellent passing. Looked a different player. 

But aye... Rather not take the risk of him being utter shite in the big league and just cut our losses. Getting him away with even a small contribution towards his wages would be better than us paying him full wages to sit at home playing with his banger. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Honestly, he's looked good in the pre-season games I've been at 😂 Quick feet, quick reactions, excellent passing. Looked a different player. 

But aye... Rather not take the risk of him being utter shite in the big league and just cut our losses. Getting him away with even a small contribution towards his wages would be better than us paying him full wages to sit at home playing with his banger. 

Biggest problem for Loic was that the pace of the game in Scotland was miles ahead of what he could adapt to. Some players manage it (Olly Lee) others don't. 

I wish we'd been able to offload him much quicker, but best of luck to him. I reckon he'll do well back in France. Technically he's a good player, the speed the game is played at up here wasn't suited to him. It happens. Buzzing the wage can be reinvested back into the squad. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Biggest problem for Loic was that the pace of the game in Scotland was miles ahead of what he could adapt to. Some players manage it (Olly Lee) others don't. 

I wish we'd been able to offload him much quicker, but best of luck to him. I reckon he'll do well back in France. Technically he's a good player, the speed the game is played at up here wasn't suited to him. It happens. Buzzing the wage can be reinvested back into the squad. 

Not a pop at you mate but I hate this “excuse” about pace of game not suiting certain players. Yes I accept football is played differently across countries but they’re pros and good pros adapt quickly

lost in space
30 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

No club anywhere updates fans on transfers

It is a behind closed doors business, as it should be

At the end of the day a football club is a business and the players employees

They are sourced, hired, let go. 

All of this is done ,and then as it is a public business, this is then communicated to the fans

Would be wrong for the club to behave otherwise

All true but Savage/Neilson have both commented on 2 players who are "nearly over the line".  They have heightened expectations but not delivered so far.

Neilson has also said that we were expecting a "few" and I think he said that we were looking to do business early.

Phil D. Corners
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Not a pop at you mate but I hate this “excuse” about pace of game not suiting certain players. Yes I accept football is played differently across countries but they’re pros and good pros adapt quickly

Just to add, we should factor this in when scouting a player. 

… and also not a pop. 

gorgieheart
22 minutes ago, feej said:

he 's already part time......:greggy:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***