***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, One five said:

Yeah Gordon will finish his career with us I should imagine 👍

Pretty much, though interested to see what he does after that.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can be a bit of a Fox in the box. Certainly not a player that gives up or lacks belief. But he’s a bit out there, to tell the truth…

👍 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

You’ve just described Walker there. 

He's a creative attacking midfielder, I don't want him to do much tackling or run about like a *****. 

I want him or any attacking midfielder to  score and create first and  and foremost. 

When nnot in possession I want him to work with the team and help win back possession and then be effective with it not run around aimlessly or go in for daft challenges with big meat heads and kick the baw away. 

Only in Scotland Tbh. 

Effort and  running aboot like a prick is held in regard. 

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

New name linked - Michael Mulder. Centre back / defensive midfielder for Ado De Haag

Assuming he'd be backup. 19 y/o, apparently has a bit of potential. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Depends on how high ADO hold him in regard, if they think he has a future he’ll be brought in on loan which would make you think he’s not just back up. If he’s brought in permanent then ADO are letting him go with a year left on his contract, so not sure what to read into that.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You would think so, though I have him as 20 y/o (he has a brother in the same team as him who is 19 y/o.) He has another year on his contract which he signed in February which also includes a 1 year option. The Den Haag website with the article on him describes him as a centre back. Has been in the matchday squad for the first team but never played. Is an Israeli youth international.

As it came from Instagram I think its just someone throwing a random name around to get attention.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You would think so, though I have him as 20 y/o (he has a brother in the same team as him who is 19 y/o.) He has another year on his contract which he signed in February which also includes a 1 year option. The Den Haag website with the article on him describes him as a centre back. Has been in the matchday squad for the first team but never played. Is an Israeli youth international.

As it came from Instagram I think its just someone throwing a random name around to get attention.

Random name or not, here’s the obligatory (seemingly filmed on a Motorola 220)… 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a creative attacking midfielder, I don't want him to do much tackling or run about like a *****. 

I want him or any attacking midfielder to  score and create first and  and foremost. 

When nnot in possession I want him to work with the team and help win back possession and then be effective with it not run around aimlessly or go in for daft challenges with big meat heads and kick the baw away. 

Only in Scotland Tbh. 

Effort and  running aboot like a prick is held in regard. 

Wayne Rooney used to track back remorselessly. 

Modern football requires all skills, just at different levels for the position but you do need to be more rounded, tactically aware these days 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk that think walker is lazy are off their heeds. Guy tracks back and tackles all the time. 

In fact I'd like him to be further up and not track back as much. 

Walker being lazy is just jkb made up shite. 

Some folk on here just want 11 eejits running about like radges, forget about any ability. Just run about and tackle like a dick. 

Supersub. Can't remember having one before. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wayne Rooney used to track back remorselessly. 

Modern football requires all skills, just at different levels for the position but you do need to be more rounded, tactically aware these days 

Walker tracks back, It is a myth he doesn't do that.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Got injured doing as much away to Motherwell 19/20 season.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pretty much, though interested to see what he does after that.

Would be good if he stays on as a goalkeeper coach .

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Its not a myth. He has spells in games where he works very hard, in fact one of his injuries was because of an edge of the box shot stopping tackle, but a lot of the time the game passes him by, thats not to say he doesn't influence games, Rudi imo was similar, could do nowt for 87 minutes then pop up with the winner.

On numerous occasions over the years I've seen walker signal to be subbed only to be left on, and I do think he has an issue which may not be physical, which makes him not put in the effort he can.

Wont be a starter but bloody handy to have, and if he sorts himself out he could force his way into the starting 11.

3 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

A couple of changes with Naismith out and Ginnelly confirmed.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023
- Harry Stone - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
- Josh Ginnelly - 2023
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Contract Expired
- Colin Doyle
- Olly Lee
- Harry Cochrane
- Craig Wighton
- Elliott Frear
- Andy Irving
- Aidy White
- Christophe Berra
- Bobby Zlamal
- Lewis Moore
- Steven Naismith (Retired)

Loan Expired
- Gervane Kastaneer
- Shay Logan

We badly need to begin negotiations with Souttar NOW. If we leave it to the winter we will lose him. 

Need to get this done ASAP. He needs the game time this season and we’ll be up shit creek if we give him it without a contract extension agreed before hand. Right now, if he decides he’s not extending we can either cash in or freeze him out and bring in someone else. We’re caught short constantly on the management of our players contracts so we absolutely need to get this sorted before preseason is over. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not the point. Its not only in Scottish football you are expected to get your hands dirty 

crunchy frog
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its not a myth. He has spells in games where he works very hard, in fact one of his injuries was because of an edge of the box shot stopping tackle, but a lot of the time the game passes him by, thats not to say he doesn't influence games, Rudi imo was similar, could do nowt for 87 minutes then pop up with the winner.

On numerous occasions over the years I've seen walker signal to be subbed only to be left on, and I do think he has an issue which may not be physical, which makes him not put in the effort he can.

Wont be a starter but bloody handy to have, and if he sorts himself out he could force his way into the starting 11.

I've heard you giving Walker a sherricking on occasion for him to turn around and do something outstanding, but point taken 😄

Thomson1874
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

We badly need to begin negotiations with Souttar NOW. If we leave it to the winter we will lose him. 

Need to get this done ASAP. He needs the game time this season and we’ll be up shit creek if we give him it without a contract extension agreed before hand. Right now, if he decides he’s not extending we can either cash in or freeze him out and bring in someone else. We’re caught short constantly on the management of our players contracts so we absolutely need to get this sorted before preseason is over. 

Absolutely agree. I'm hoping with Joe Savage at the club we might handle contracts a bit better leading to us getting maximum value for our best assets when they leave the club.

This is something we've been so poor at over the last few years!

Thomson1874
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will lose souttar before window shuts 

That would be a shame - was really hoping we would see him back to his best form at Tynecastle before he left.

Do you know which teams are interested? I hope we get a reasonable fee as he will be difficult to replace for sure!

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Definitely,  100% agreed 👍

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I’d be surprised if he left at this point. He needs to prove he can play a full season. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’d be surprised if he left at this point. He needs to prove he can play a full season. 

He is also quite loyal to Hearts, I think he feels he wants to reward us for sticking by him with injuries. I could see a contract extension happening though looking to sell him after a good season.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

That would certainly place the whelms in the negative

14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

This is my worry too and we are left with halkett and popescu 

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is also quite loyal to Hearts, I think he feels he wants to reward us for sticking by him with injuries. I could see a contract extension happening though looking to sell him after a good season.

Quite rightly he should feel loyalty to us. A good season or so and he should be back in Scotland squad and hopefully he can make us some money. I’d love to see him get a good move and prove himself on a bigger stage. It’s just not the time IMO. 

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems most likely to me although if we got an offer that suited both parties then it is possible. Hope he stays though and I'm sure we're well aware of his contract situation and looking to extend if he wants to.

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

This is my worry too and we are left with halkett and popescu 

Jeez… would be favourites for relegation again if we had those 2 as our first choice CB pairing 

Really don’t see this happening 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody is going to pay decent money for someone who has played about a dozen games in two seasons

Yip

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He won’t be going anywhere no team is going to take a chance after his injury, once he is playing regular the winter window would be a worry so we need to get the contract extended.

Hungry hippo
Just now, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Jeez… would be favourites for relegation again if we had those 2 as our first choice CB pairing 

Really don’t see this happening 

We are already looking for a CB even with Souttar so there is no chance Popescu will be a first choice after our transfer business is complete.

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Souttar more likely to sign a new contract than leave imo. 

Agreed. Anyone who signs Souttar will be taking a chance on his future fitness, and that includes us. However, we will have a much more accurate knowledge on which to base the decision.

12 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Playing devils advocate simply due to how much you appear to adore SN...(and I ain't a hater of his btw)

You say 6 or 7 players won't bring what he brings 🤪...we will struggle to replace him in any way...🤯

We can't ignore that whilst he may not have always been fit, he has been a major figurehead on/off the park in what can be described as the most radical decline of our team in my memory and definitely periods in our history....you can argue this that or the other, but that is fact....on that basis alone, I think will will be fine, and maybe others brought in, will assume more responsibility going forward, than has been the case over the last 4 years or so...

I'm sure there is life after SN!! 

I feel he can offer something on the pitch until his contract ran out, let see who we replace him with. 

8 hours ago, DH1986 said:

You said we can’t buy “that”……..

So how the hell did we get “that” in the first place ?

Did we pay a fee for Naismith?. 

15 hours ago, Dazo said:

And yet he is still going to be at the club. Must say something about the club he is willing to take another role. He still be a positive influence around the place. RN’s fault after a couple of persistent  injury years he wants to retire ? 😂

Stay of the drugs during the week mate it isn’t doing you any favours. 

When he was fit, how many times did Robbie have him playing from the start. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Why do you always put a full stop after a question mark?

I think it’s a Hibs thing.

TyphoonJambo
19 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Agreed. Anyone who signs Souttar will be taking a chance on his future fitness, and that includes us. However, we will have a much more accurate knowledge on which to base the decision.

Souttar knows what side of his sunblest faces upwards and he appreciates the faith afforded by the club. He's going nowhere.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Why do you always put a full stop after a question mark?

Why don't you quote posts 😂

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I think it’s a Hibs thing.

Yeah definitely morgan let's take the point away from the subject, a Hibs thing indeed, denial a Hibs thing?. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I feel he can offer something on the pitch until his contract ran out, let see who we replace him with. 

I don't think we will 'replace' him, like for like, as it were...his addition at the material time was quite jaw dropping re his acquisition...his body simply gave up, Mr Magoo could see that...

Excited to see hungry, ambitious, energetic, talented boys join us, to reflect the desire in the stands...

This failed appreciation/mindset and over reliance that Levein brought re good seasoned pro's has produced a dramatic and unparalleled decline on the park, the likes few of us have seen before unfortunately, let's try something different and see where that gets us 👌🤞

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah definitely morgan let's take the point away from the subject, a Hibs thing indeed, denial a Hibs thing?. 

That’s it.  👍

Just now, Morgan said:

Bong, I think?.

Yeah that would bother me if I knew you could play football, nevermind spell it 😂😂 have a good night morgaro. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***