***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pre season doesn’t start properly until Thursday as was on Andy Halliday twitch channel tonight. Early stuff today 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Jamie Hamilton.

Under contract till 2022 so would require a fee unless he has a relegation release clause.

Don’t get the Mulgrew bashing. He’d probably be an improvement on our shocking centre halves.

StevenNaismith
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Don’t get the Mulgrew bashing. He’d probably be an improvement on our shocking centre halves.

100%. He’s miles better than Halkett and Popescu. Only his age would put me off signing him.

Hectormasson
18 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Outbid by Luton Town by a factor of 3? FFS. How far Scottish football has sunk.

Sadly that's the going rate for clubs here , outside of the arsecheeks......

Jamboscanbevicius
8 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Jamie Hamilton.

Care to elaborate?

Would be an excellent signing IMO

2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I’m not sure he would be much of an improvement on Halkett and if you reckon he’s better than Souttar there’s not much more to be said.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, siegementality said:

So, you not only know what Hearts offered Campbell, but you know what Luton offered him. Absolutely no chance! You would either need to know Campbell, his agent, or someone at the top of the tree at Hearts who deals with contracts, and even at that it would be unlikely they would know what Luton offered. 

I treat every ITK post with scepticism on here but you wouldn't need to know the figures, just that Luton offered 3 times as much. I'm sure that info could have have come to someone in the Hearts football team responsible for signings from Campbell's agent when rejecting us. Or maybe agents talk to each other? Probably. How else would you know the broader market. So it could be possible to know an agent who speaks to other agents.

BackOfTheNet

Mulgrew has signed for Dundee United so that chat can stop. And unless folk are EFL connoisseurs (particularly League One where he played last season for Fleetwood Town on loan who finished 15th) then I’d wager it’s been a few seasons since folk have seen him in a string of games to know whether or not he would actually be good enough.

Tynecastlesmychurch
19 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Jamie Hamilton.

Would be a very smart signing. 
I’d be really pleased with that!

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Mulgrew has signed for Dundee United so that chat can stop. And unless folk are EFL connoisseurs (particularly League One where he played last season for Fleetwood Town on loan who finished 15th) then I’d wager it’s been a few seasons since folk have seen him in a string of games to know whether or not he would actually be good enough.

Very much this. Look how quickly Berra’s powers left him in the last couple of years. No point comparing the Mulgrew of now with the player people remember. 

No idea what the hold up is on this deal, apologies folks. Source is usually bang on with these things as previous post suggest, just hope the deal hasn’t fallen through! 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’m not sure he would be much of an improvement on Halkett and if you reckon he’s better than Souttar there’s not much more to be said.

Souttar is our only good centre back and he’s liable to get injured.

20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

100%. He’s miles better than Halkett and Popescu. Only his age would put me off signing him.

Exactly only Souttar is better and he’s likely to be crocked again. 

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

No idea what the hold up is on this deal, apologies folks. Source is usually bang on with these things as previous post suggest, just hope the deal hasn’t fallen through! 👍🏻

What deal?

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Exactly only Souttar is better and he’s likely to be crocked again. 

Genuine question, not being facetious here, what makes you think Mulgrew is better than the other defenders. Did you see him play often in League One for Fleetwood last season?

Rocky jamboa
46 minutes ago, siegementality said:

So, you not only know what Hearts offered Campbell, but you know what Luton offered him. Absolutely no chance! You would either need to know Campbell, his agent, or someone at the top of the tree at Hearts who deals with contracts, and even at that it would be unlikely they would know what Luton offered. 

Not necessarily. The player may have been keen to come to us but turned us down, saying he's been offered 3 x as much wages at Luton so can't turn it down. 

He looked a good little player as well. Would have been a good signing. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Genuine question, not being facetious here, what makes you think Mulgrew is better than the other defenders. Did you see him play often in League One for Fleetwood last season?

No in all honesty, I can’t say I’ve watched him regularly. I’m basing this on his season before at Blackburn maybe he has regressed substantially since then but even if so I can’t imagine him being any worse than Popescu and potentially Halkett who I don’t believe has performed anywhere near to a Hearts standard since we signed him.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

No in all honesty, I can’t say I’ve watched him regularly. I’m basing this on his season before at Blackburn maybe he has regressed substantially since then but even if so I can’t imagine him being any worse than Popescu and potentially Halkett who I don’t believe has performed anywhere near to a Hearts standard since we signed him.

Okay. As I haven’t see him play much even at Blackburn. And I know he played for Scotland at least 2 or 3 years longer than he should have. So couldn’t personally say whether or not he was better than the guys I watched regularly last season. Although I’d like better than Halkett and Popescu I do think the negative opinions of both (to varying degrees) are over the top to be honest.

kingantti1874

Jamie Hamilton would be a very clever signing. You’d imagine Joe savage with his Hamilton background would keep an eye on them.. 

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Glen middle Ofer agreed apparently 

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Middleton 

Thought it was some Norwegian laddie at first

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Also, just checked and Mulgrew hasn’t played for Blackburn regularly since their 18-19 season in the Championship. Was on at loan at Fleetwood last season and Wigan the season before that, where he only played 12 times. And his time at Blackburn seems to be Yo-Yo between the Championship and League One. So I have my doubts he’s been up to much scratch lately to be honest.

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

Middleton 

Nice if true, has potential to be a top player, remember him tearing it up in Europa league a few seasons back. Needs consistent run of games now though.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, pointon said:

Middleton 

If thats true, I would be happy with that, though would it be loan or permanent. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If thats true, I would be happy with that, though would it be loan or permanent. 

Loan or permanent would impact on the levels of whelms I'd say. Decent player with potential, so the potential element would be a plus on the whelm scale, but if loan I wouldn’t say it’d be underwhelming but wouldn’t notch up as many whelmajingles as a permanent move would.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Loan or permanent would impact on the levels of whelms I'd say. Decent player with potential, so the potential element would be a plus on the whelm scale, but if loan I wouldn’t say it’d be underwhelming but wouldn’t notch up as many whelmajingles as a permanent move would.

Could be a loan deal similar to McCorie's one to Aberdeen, where there is an agreed fee at the end of it. I would be happy with that as it means that if we are happy we get him. Think those kind of loans could work for us (like Ginnelly if he does sign.) But would prefer permanent now, though I dont know how easy Rangers would part with a player with good potential, unless they put a big sell on fee and a few hundred grand fee.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be a loan deal similar to McCorie's one to Aberdeen, where there is an agreed fee at the end of it. I would be happy with that as it means that if we are happy we get him. Think those kind of loans could work for us (like Ginnelly if he does sign.) But would prefer permanent now, though I dont know how easy Rangers would part with a player with good potential, unless they put a big sell on fee and a few hundred grand fee.

They’re not short in that area of the park and with trying to get to the Champions League they’ll be recruiting a higher standard than they have been. So I imagine he’s not part of their plans so could let him go for free but require a large sell on. (Or even a buy back clause, which seems to be all the rage these days)

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Hi Daz it was close from what I was told  ?

Talks were positive.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Campbell been in talks for weeks with us, he told us he couldn't turn down Luton as the offer was about 3 times what we offered.  He was very honest, and thanked us for our efforts.  He was quite disappointed that it didn't happen with us but he didn't want to turn down the finances and progression chances in the English championship. 

A few people are absolutely desperate for me to be a liar or wrong.  Im sure it will be discussed in a press conference if RN or AC is asked.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Under contract till 2022 so would require a fee unless he has a relegation release clause.

They would be still be due a fee though. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Talks were positive.

Campbell been in talks for weeks with us, he told us he couldn't turn down Luton as the offer was about 3 times what we offered.  He was very honest, and thanked us for our efforts.  He was quite disappointed that it didn't happen with us but he didn't want to turn down the finances and progression chances in the English championship. 

A few people are absolutely desperate for me to be a liar or wrong.  Im sure it will be discussed in a press conference if RN or AC is asked.  

Sounds reasonable.

Never expected that one to happen tbh.

Middleton and Ginnelly would give us great pace on the wings. Would be a great signing if we can afford to buy him outright. Perhaps JA might see this as a worthy investment for the club. Hope so. 

The young lad Hamilton would be decent too investment wise.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Talks were positive.

You're info is really interesting. 

Ignore  the roasters that get their joy from slagging others. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They’re not short in that area of the park and with trying to get to the Champions League they’ll be recruiting a higher standard than they have been. So I imagine he’s not part of their plans so could let him go for free but require a large sell on. (Or even a buy back clause, which seems to be all the rage these days)

I doubt if they would let him go for free, a small fee and those clauses perhaps but they’re still not all that flush just now. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Talks were positive.

He might well live to regret that but you can’t really blame him. 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're info is really interesting. 

Ignore  the roasters that get their joy from slagging others. 

agree. Some folk seem to think it impossible that anyone could possibly have any inside info, we aren’t Man City, it’s not like these guys live in a different world and are completely inaccessible!!.

your average SPL players and coaches earn less than folk working in a bank.  I live in close proximity to and regularly talk to a current SPL player, 2 former SPL players and a current SPL chairman, they’ve told me things in the past at social gatherings which have come to pass though nothing to do with hearts. 

Edited by kingantti1874

FWIW, I did say in my initial Allan Campbell post that I'd be surprised if we could pull it off. I thought it might not happen but I'm encouraged knowing how we worked on it and the way we handled it. The only reason we didn't sign him is because of a serious financial difference.  We were a very serious option to him. Absolutely no-one to blame. I hope this is the type of target and ambition we have for the future. Joe Savage has a very professional way of working and it almost paid off in this case.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, pointon said:

Glen middle Ofer agreed apparently 

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Middleton 

Your name will be mud if this doesn't work out.

Even if I actually/definitely/100% knew anything I'd still keep my gob shut as the "angry" mob would be all over it.

What a f***** bunch.

You're / your. 😭

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

J.T.F.Robertson
43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

FWIW, I did say in my initial Allan Campbell post that I'd be surprised if we could pull it off. I thought it might not happen but I'm encouraged knowing how we worked on it and the way we handled it. The only reason we didn't sign him is because of a serious financial difference.  We were a very serious option to him. Absolutely no-one to blame. I hope this is the type of target and ambition we have for the future. Joe Savage has a very professional way of working and it almost paid off in this case.

Genuinely don't know why you bother, mate.

Even if it's speculative, (and I don't see it like that) getting all abusive about it beats the shit out of me.

Strange place. :(

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think we need to panic buy at all. For once we don't need a major rebuild. Assuming all are fit, this would be a decent line-up (not necessarily the one I'd like to see) for the first game of the season, but we'll surely have at least 3-4 new faces in the squad and a couple of starters in the first game, maybe in place of the players in bold. The problem is a lack of strength in depth, especially in defence, but it does sound like we're going wth a smaller group augmented by youngsters.

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Halkett

Souttar

Haring

GMS

McEneff

Ginnelly

Boyce

Gnando

Subs: Stewart, Walker, Naismith, Roberts, Halliday, Henderson, Popescu

Not being funny but replace Halkett with a new signing and for me that's actually a quality starting 11.

55 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not being funny but replace Halkett with a new signing and for me that's actually a quality starting 11.

It’s not too bad. Still a bit lightweight in midfield. The squad as it stands works better with 3 at the back. Not sure why RN seems reluctant to commit to that, particularly after our better form at the end of last season and the fact Halkett is much better in a 3. 

Edited by GinRummy

On 28/05/2021 at 19:57, dazajmbo said:

We signed a player on pre contract in January.  Not sure what the hold up is with it being announced now the SPFL has been completed. 1st June is contract expiry date so maybe then. 

Is this still a thing ?

presuming it must’ve been Gino .

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***