***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Phoenix is right imo.  We will have a strong starting X1 and a pretty strong squad.  But will our coaching staff get them playing consistently well away from home?

Let's hope so.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nookie Bear

Can’t imagine we would have been in talks with Campbell “for weeks” when he is being offered 3x what we were by the likes of Luton. That would have stopped negotiations right there. 

Unless we were starting at £1k/week 🤔

Nookie Bear

And Gino must be a cert. 

On loan with us, played a dozen games and receiving treatment for months…would be appalling if he didn’t sign now. 

Middleton would be a great signing. Just the type/age we need going forward. Really hope this is a deal.  
can’t believe pre season starts tmw. Time flies

It's just another day  just another day....

So sad so sad where's all the players we could have had.

Vlad the impaler

So according to the ITK gang and media we’ve missed out on top targets Campbell and Findlay,maybe interested in Middleton,Hastie or any rangers winger that they’ll give us. Jamie Hamilton🤞🏼 And Gino is a done deal. Yet here we are mid June having signed Livingston’s third choice keeper🤯

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Who are the top targets we have failed to sign so far ?

Harry Kane

Ruben Diaz

Jack Grealish

Pedri

Lukaku

Laporte

Smith-Rowe

Think these were ones we hoped for rather than expected but disappointed not to get at least Kane and Laporte. They would have gone straight into squad and maybe even first team.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can we get Middleton for nothing?  I understood he was very highly rated.

Couldn’t get a regular game at Hibs when on loan at ER when he was there on loan in 19/20 season, can’t say I’d be overly impressed, another gamble / project from Hearts

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Couldn’t get a regular game at Hibs when on loan at ER when he was there on loan in 19/20 season, can’t say I’d be overly impressed, another gamble / project from Hearts

You could put a lot of player into that category. Look ay Ryan gauld. Middleton made more of an impact at st Johnstone and actually made a difference for them in their cup semi if I recall

7 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Would be really happy with Middleton.

Think he looks a cracking wee player from what I have seen.Very direct and not scared at all to run at players.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, are we saying today that the level of whelm will be somewhere in the… middle?

:look:

Uhelm

Mhelm

Uberhelm

3 main points on the whelmometre. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Uhelm

Mhelm

Uberhelm

3 main points on the whelmometre. 

But what if whelm is measured in weight? Would today be a ton of whelm? Or maybe not loads of tons, somewhere in the middle ton range.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Phoenix is right imo.  We will have a strong starting X1 and a pretty strong squad.  But will our coaching staff get them playing consistently well away from home?

Let's hope so.

If they do it will be the first time in about 60 years. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I mean for 2-3 grand a week, what exactly are you expecting? Pogba?

Actually tbh we might be able to get him.

Florentin Pogba that is. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But what if whelm is measured in weight? Would today be a ton of whelm? Or maybe not loads of tons, somewhere in the middle ton range.

😂

or in height from small hill to Glen…

Bazzas right boot
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

26782871-stamp-outstanding-with-red-text-over-white-background-Stock-Vector-e1519738473120.jpg

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Middle of June isn't late in the window. I don't know what all the panicking is about. 

remember the season starts in 6 weeks, not a long time

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Middle of June isn't late in the window. I don't know what all the panicking is about. 

Yep. Apart from a wee flurry at the end of the season I don’t know of any club making moves right now. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. Apart from a wee flurry at the end of the season I don’t know of any club making moves right now. 

If you include Stewart signing permanently for us then St. Johnstone are the only side in the league yet to make a signing. Don’t count Stewart then us too.

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Alloa have just signed a minibus-full.

Vlad the impaler

Kilmarnock,who’s season finished later than anybody’s and have had the most uncertainty have signed a bus load. However I think we’ll all accept the wait if it gives us more chance of getting the right players in this time

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they do it will be the first time in about 60 years. 

Really?  I notice this is another point you make to prop up current sides who struggle to win away.  

a few examples:-  W.  D.  L 

97-98:-  7-6-6

99-00:- 8-3-7

03-04:- 7-6-6

05-06:- 7-6-6

06-07:- 8-6-5

10-11:-   9-4-6

Can go further back.  I think when people mean consistent they aren’t expecting 14,15 wins away from home. The bog standard has been 7,8 wins and draws along the way which go with strong home form. 

Recently in our mid table

finishes we’ve barely won 3,4 away from him and lost into double figures. 

The stats above complimented the good home form in those seasons and most of those games lost away from home were against the old firm. You’ve got to bear in mind form. A couple of draws away are maybe wedged between wins at home, then you grab an away win the next time out.  

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Alloa have just signed a minibus-full.

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Kilmarnock,who’s season finished later than anybody’s and have had the most uncertainty have signed a bus load. However I think we’ll all accept the wait if it gives us more chance of getting the right players in this time

Perry sure he mean't teams in the same league.

No one gives a **** to what Alloa and Killie do Tbh. 

Definitely not a marker in terms of how we should go about recruiting. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Really?  I notice this is another point you make to prop up current sides who struggle to win away.  

a few examples:-  W.  D.  L 

97-98:-  7-6-6

99-00:- 8-3-7

03-04:- 7-6-6

05-06:- 7-6-6

06-07:- 8-6-5

10-11:-   9-4-6

Can go further back.  I think when people mean consistent they aren’t expecting 14,15 wins away from home.  

Recently in our mid table

finishes we’ve barely won 3,4 away from him and lost into double figures. 

The stats above complimented the good home form in those seasons and most of those games lost away from home were against the old firm. You’ve got to bear in mind form. A couple of draws away are maybe wedged between wins at home, then you grab an away win the next time out.  

That's about the best we can hope for imo, Neilson's away form last time on promotion must have been around that as well. 

If so, hopefully he can do that. 

10-11 our home form must have been a bit poor, as that is very good away form from us. 

We'll need to sort out our home form first imo but I think he will. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

They didn’t heed the warning about signing 30 year old former Forest Green players 😭

Heres hoping they stay down for many many years 

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They didn’t heed the warning about signing 30 year old former Forest Green players 😭

Heres hoping they stay down for many many years 

Il second that👍🏻

Under the floodlight

My brother says he saw someone who could've been a footballer in a carpark somewhere in Lothian, said he looked like he could be preparing to sign for some club tomorrow. Just a snippet for over anxious fans out there.

Tommy Brown
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just the old excuse that gets trotted out when players sign late in the window.

"He's missed pre-season training and not match fit, blah blah."

Imo, all our targets are available now. Get them in as early as possible.

We were well organised in the first championship year and got off to a flyer, dumping our main rivals in the opening games.

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

remember the season starts in 6 weeks, not a long time

It's not the club's fault that we have a stupidly early start when other leagues don't. Most players are still under contract for another few weeks.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's about the best we can hope for imo, Neilson's away form last time on promotion must have been around that as well. 

If so, hopefully he can do that. 

10-11 our home form must have been a bit poor, as that is very good away form from us. 

We'll need to sort out our home form first imo but I think he will. 

Definitely.  Home form is the key really.   Away form is important, obviously , but we can’t expect a strong season if the team can’t establish dominance on our own patch.  

The confidence comes from that when you go on your travels. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

We were well organised in the first championship year and got off to a flyer, dumping our main rivals in the opening games.

You have no idea who our targets are or when they are available. Do you think they club have looked at targets but have just decided not to bother doing anything for a week or two.

4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

My brother says he saw someone who could've been a footballer in a carpark somewhere in Lothian, said he looked like he could be preparing to sign for some club tomorrow. Just a snippet for over anxious fans out there.

Dogging? 

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

I'm told we may well see one new signing tomorrow. Thursday also has been pencilled in for a second signing announcement. 

We are gutted to have missed out on Campbell. Luton town almost triple the best deal we could. 

I actually think you are right as far as Campbell is concerned. He was at one point speaking with two Scottish Clubs I believe (probably us and Hibs).  Money talks unfortunately and it’s no real surprise that the route he’s followed. His agent no doubt would push him in that direction. I reckon he’s picked a bit of a dead end though and I’d be surprised if they were not fighting off relegation towards the end of next season.

Tommy Brown
Just now, jambopilms said:

You have no idea who our targets are or when they are available. Do you think they club have looked at targets but have just decided not to bother doing anything for a week or two.

Who isn't available?

I dont believe we will pay a transfer fee for anyone, most players on freedom of contract are most likely available, a few like Ginelly may not be available until the end of the month.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perry sure he mean't teams in the same league.

No one gives a **** to what Alloa and Killie do Tbh. 

Definitely not a marker in terms of how we should go about recruiting. 

I don't even give a **** what teams in our league are getting up to.  Its not about them, its about us.

Wake me up in a couple of weeks and I'll look at our situation again :)

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Who isn't available?

I dont believe we will pay a transfer fee for anyone, most players on freedom of contract are most likely available, a few like Ginelly may not be available until the end of the month.

Anyone under contract is not available until their contract is up, which is end of this month for most countries.

Edited by jambopilms

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We signed 11 players that summer. Only 3 of those were in by this point (Gomis, Keatings and El Hassnaoui), with the first on the 12th of June. The 4th (Alexander) wasn't in until the 23rd of June, and some players weren't signed until well into July and August (or September in Pallardo's case).

2 of our 4 goals in those opening games against Rangers and Hibs were scored by players who didn't sign until mid-late July.

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Tbf, being shite at Hibs isn't always career defining: Paul Hartley, Matt Doherty...

Many a career has floundered on the rock that is Hibernian but some relaunch and excel elsewhere. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We signed 11 players that summer. Only 3 of those were in by this point (Gomis, Keatings and El Hassnaoui), with the first on the 12th of June. The 4th (Alexander) wasn't in until the 23rd of June, and some players weren't signed until well into July and August (or September in Pallardo's case).

2 of our 4 goals in those opening games against Rangers and Hibs were scored by players who didn't sign until mid-late July.

Pesky facts, if indeed they are. 😄

Banderson has just tweeted saying Luton’s offer “blew others out the water” so must have given him a wedge 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Get your point but somewhat different circumstances. Budge only took control May 9th 2014, so first signing was just over a month after what would have been a time that included a lot of the behind the scenes club stuff to get things in order. This time our season was finished by end of April and we secured the title 12th April, and effectively knew promotion was happening at least a month before. On top of that we’ve had fans calling for the manager to be sacked after poor performances, you’d think major efforts were being put in to improve the squad early on with such advance notice of the league we’d be in as well as the fans expectations / demands.

Saying that, for all we know we could’ve signed a bus load but they’re all poolside in Ibiza or the Caribbean so unable to be available for scarf above the head shots.

Nookie Bear
47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If you include Stewart signing permanently for us then St. Johnstone are the only side in the league yet to make a signing. Don’t count Stewart then us too.

Think Hibs and the sheep have signed one or two?

Not too fussed and certainly not expecting much.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Get your point but somewhat different circumstances. Budge only took control May 9th 2014, so first signing was just over a month after what would have been a time that included a lot of the behind the scenes club stuff to get things in order. This time our season was finished by end of April and we secured the title 12th April, and effectively knew promotion was happening at least a month before. On top of that we’ve had fans calling for the manager to be sacked after poor performances, you’d think major efforts were being put in to improve the squad early on with such advance notice of the league we’d be in as well as the fans expectations / demands.

Saying that, for all we know we could’ve signed a bus load but they’re all poolside in Ibiza or the Caribbean so unable to be available for scarf above the head shots.

The league season also started later and there was no league cup group to even think about playing fast and loose with.

8 minutes ago, biffy said:

Banderson has just tweeted saying Luton’s offer “blew others out the water” so must have given him a wedge 

And after living in Motherwell Luton must seem quite glamorous. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***