***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We’ll take the source for what it is but the open goal guys were saying today they were in today and doing the bleep test. I suppose they might know considering they are pals with Halliday.

A bleep test isn’t training. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Itk in that he knows tomorrow comes after today,

Same as the rest of us.

Was aware of that.

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A bleep test isn’t training. 

It’s running. Is running not part of training? 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Not offering enough. Trying to do signings on the cheap is never going to work. Agents too clever for that one. 

Hang on….

After all these months we still haven’t offered Ginnelly enough money to sign ?!?!

What we going in with…..£1 a day increments?

Edited by DH1986

The first few days of preseason is mainly just analysis and tests so they can see what shape the players have come back. Weight, body fat etc

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hang on….

After all these months we still haven’t offered Ginnelly enough money to sign ?!?!

What we going in with…..£1 a day incriminations ?

If we are accusing him every day he is never gonna sign😳

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

EFL numbers are staggering. Even if Luton sold every season at top whack season ticket price that would only bring in £4m. They get £7m solidarity payment from the league plus an average of £110k for every home game televised. Add in cup competition income, hospitality and commercial and their base turnover is now about £15-17m. Add on top profit from players sales and they are in a different financial league to us. And that’s Luton.  The likes of Birmingham, Bkackburn, Stoke etc are another step up at least. And they are relegation candidates each season. 

Indeed, once you get into the championship and are reasonably successful you can earn money you never have, and we are allegedly competing with them for players. 
We help to pay for it by paying for subscriptions and frequenting pubs that pay through the nose for the privilege whilst our clubs get scraps off the table. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

The first few days of preseason is mainly just analysis and tests so they can see what shape the players have come back. Weight, body fat etc

Everyone shoving Halkett to the front 🤔😜?

9 minutes ago, bazman said:

I’m not being argumentative but why does that take a few days?

Edited by GinRummy

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s running. Is running not part of training? 

It's a test. It's not training. Today would've been about getting the "zero" level to see where the players are at. Probably be more tests tomorrow to measure recovery times and things like that. Then training will start 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's a test. It's not training. Today would've been about getting the "zero" level to see where the players are at. Probably be more tests tomorrow to measure recovery times and things like that. Then training will start 

Got you now. 👍

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Because each player will have about 10 different tests and there's 20-odd of them to get through 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not being argumentative bit why does that take a few days?

Because it's complicated. They don't just "guess" how fit players are / eyeball it. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Lots of different tests with lots of players. And with Covid will only be allowed so many in at a time. But even after that's done it will just be all running 

Because it's complicated. They don't just "guess" how fit players are / eyeball it. 

Just now, bazman said:

Lots of different tests with lots of players. And with Covid will only be allowed so many in at a time. But even after that's done it will just be all running 

Thanks. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thanks. 

I usually go for a drive on my day off when I can't get the wee man to sleep so may go have a nosey tomorrow and see what I can see

A_A wehatethehibs

I guess technically the fact that we've not signed anyone, it does now mean any player who joins "has not had a full pre season" so that's that excuse tucked away for later

58 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No decent player wants to play for Phoodle. It will be the summer of discontent.😑

Oh look its a pathetic attempt to be shitty about the club again from IL. I honestly am starting to think AB and RN steal your pocket money everyday

jamboinglasgow

I guess technically the fact that we've not signed anyone, it does now mean any player who joins "has not had a full pre season" so that's that excuse tucked away for later

I would say that would kick in if the player is signed from a week before the season starts and has joined as a free agent.

4 minutes ago, bazman said:

I usually go for a drive on my day off when I can't get the wee man to sleep so may go have a nosey tomorrow and see what I can see

Nice one. A wee report on here afterwards would be good. 

42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If there's one positive it's that this thread has shown Bongz knows nothing.

What did he say?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think they do it maybe 6-8 at a time and it’s just time consuming doing for it for everyone. 
They usually put some bits of it on social media. 

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Craig Gordon's doomed then!

1 minute ago, sadj said:

What did he say?

Posted a video of Charlie Mulgrew and the assumption was that meant we were signing him. 

Really looking forward to seeing Kante again.  For my money, one of the best players to emerge in decades.  I imagine he may be inconsistent as he didnt appear to figure strongly in the list of contenders for individual awards in England this season.  Fixture congestion due to covid may have played a part in that.

Why could he not have been born in Broomhouse?😍

Just now, GinRummy said:

Posted a video of Charlie Mulgrew and the assumption was that meant we were signing him. 

Lol annoyed i never saw that 😞. Have we had any other guesses from him? 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they do it maybe 6-8 at a time and it’s just time consuming doing for it for everyone. 
They usually put some bits of it on social media. 

Cheers. Boy practicing collapsing in a heap during one part of that 😀

KyleLafferty

Wait a minute, guys are saying running and tests isn’t pre season 😂? Of course It’s pre season. It’s fitness. Pre season isn’t just ball work. The players are in, therefore it’s pre season 😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Cheers. Boy practicing collapsing in a heap during one part of that 😀

I had to sit down to watch it 😆

Just now, sadj said:

Lol annoyed i never saw that 😞. Have we had any other guesses from him? 

A video of raith playing when they hammered Dunfermline and another one, bit more cryptic, of a song called bongo something or other. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Wait a minute, guys are saying running and tests isn’t pre season 😂? Of course It’s pre season. It’s fitness. Pre season isn’t just ball work. The players are in, therefore it’s pre season 😂

Yeah, it’s not pre pre season is it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Just now, GinRummy said:

A video of raith playing when they hammered Dunfermline and another one, bit more cryptic, of a song called bongo something or other. 

Sure it wasnt the um bongo advert? 

RustyRightPeg
43 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We’ll take the source for what it is but the open goal guys were saying today they were in today and doing the bleep test. I suppose they might know considering they are pals with Halliday.

My mate works in Oriam and said they have seen dribs and drabs of the squad in and out, but not the numbers he would on a normal training day. (This isn't the source I mentioned earlier in thread that I trust).

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

My mate works in Oriam and said they have seen dribs and drabs of the squad in and out, but not the numbers he would on a normal training day. (This isn't the source I mentioned earlier in thread that I trust).

Have protocols changed for this season or is it still nae breakfast , train , **** off home

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Have protocols changed for this season or is it still nae breakfast , train , **** off home

Not got a clue mate, sorry

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Not got a clue mate, sorry

Would be interesting to know. Guessing they have to at least to an extent. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Would be interesting to know. Guessing they have to at least to an extent. 

To be honest I dont think they will have as Covid rules in Scotland are still restrictive, I doubt they will be relaxed in any way until we get at least to Level 0.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sure it wasnt the um bongo advert? 

Would have been preferable to the song he posted. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Have you seen the list of measurements/tests they take? Junior did a trial at stenny age 14 and the sports science guy had each trialist for 2 hours just for tests, sprinting from start, standing jumps,there was about 5 pages of measurements they wanted.

Hectormasson
46 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hang on….

What we going in with…..£1 a day increments?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Have you seen the list of measurements/tests they take? Junior did a trial at stenny age 14 and the sports science guy had each trialist for 2 hours just for tests, sprinting from start, standing jumps,there was about 5 pages of measurements they wanted.

Had no idea tbh. No clue that it was so in depth. 

If we all agree that we sign the right players rather than just any player then what is the problem

Unless you are so caught up in it all that you demand action now irrespective of the consequences then just give it a bit of time....few clubs have done any major transfer business and with many players still under contract until end of June movement will be limited in the meantime

We can all wish things are in place now but it never has been the case and never will be that everything is done and dusted before pre season testing then training

Behind the scenes work is being done and from that we will see signings, near misses etc which is just how it is at all clubs

Short term we have enough to play pre season ( plus see some younger players) and the group stages of the 'League Cup' and of course I'd like a couple in well before we play a league match on the 31st July but it is not a situation where it all has to happen in the next few days

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If we all agree that we sign the right players rather than just any player then what is the problem

Unless you are so caught up in it all that you demand action now irrespective of the consequences then just give it a bit of time....few clubs have done any major transfer business and with many players still under contract until end of June movement will be limited in the meantime

We can all wish things are in place now but it never has been the case and never will be that everything is done and dusted before pre season testing then training

Behind the scenes work is being done and from that we will see signings, near misses etc which is just how it is at all clubs

Short term we have enough to play pre season ( plus see some younger players) and the group stages of the 'League Cup' and of course I'd like a couple in well before we play a league match on the 31st July but it is not a situation where it all has to happen in the next few days

Yeah, there's two things attached to that as well.

English and European contracts don't expire until the 30th 2) Any foreign player will need a work permit, which would take time.

So, it is understandable why we haven't announced any signings. 👍

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Had no idea tbh. No clue that it was so in depth. 

One of the tests was a standing jump to measure something using various cameras, a lot of the measurements taken are to compare to previous seasons and to ensure players are at their peak in time for matchday 1. Clearly we have a lot of players to get through, no idea how big our sport science setup is but imagine theres a good few of them.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Think Kabongo Tshimanga was the cryptic clues

No idea if anything in it

Is it an anagram 🤔
Hate crosswords 😜

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***