***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Jambof3tornado
53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, hope it’s a wow signing. 

I'm preparing to be very underwhelmed, set the bar low and maybe I'll be pleased, but I genuinely cant see it. More mediocre dross to soak up the wage bill, oh and maybe a few with a dubious medical history.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Far too sensible a post for this forum.

The standard of player folk on here expect Savage and Neilson to convince to come to Hearts is cloud cuckoo stuff.

And then heaven forbid one of those players doesn’t hit the ground running and have the season of their life

Pretty much, for the guy to progress it was the uglies or down south. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm preparing to be very underwhelmed, set the bar low and maybe I'll be pleased, but I genuinely cant see it. More mediocre dross to soak up the wage bill, oh and maybe a few with a dubious medical history.

Definitely, hopefully be pleasantly surprised like a Gordon/GMS/MceEneff type signing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

The standard of player folk on here expect Savage and Neilson to convince to come to Hearts is cloud cuckoo stuff.

And then heaven forbid one of those players doesn’t hit the ground running and have the season of their life

This. If we want proven quality at top 3 of the Scottish Premiership level or better it'll be someone in their 30s. 

32 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We surely can’t still be in advanced talks with Ginnellly? 😂

Claiming that as one of the three currently in discussions is quite laughable tbh. There can be absolutely nothing left to discuss…..if he hasn’t already agreed to sign for us then he isn’t going to.

Not offering enough. Trying to do signings on the cheap is never going to work. Agents too clever for that one. 

46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A quick look shows Luton have a 10k stadium, turnover of 7.7m, wage bill of £6.58m and average pay of £126k. 
All of that is lower than us, can’t see them paying him much more than us to be honest. 

In most  recent accounts turnover was £14.5m with £3m profit. That was from first season back in championship. Current years numbers will be higher. Pot for Championship clubs much improved in coming season and they have another couple of players who are likely to be sold for decent money this summer. They will be paying double what we currently are at least. Certainly for new signings to replace those who leave. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much, for the guy to progress it was the uglies or down south. 

Disagree with this 100%. A player like Campbell at his age can absolutely progress with us. We've seen it loads of times before with players we've signed. He absolutely could break into the Scotland team with us for example.

He just won't progress his salary as much as he could elsewhere.

I honestly don’t believe there’s a single player we can realistically sign that will appease everyone at this stage

8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Think you’ll find there were discussions and offers but it couldn’t touch Luton unfortunately. The most important thing to be drawn from it is when people say we dont make any effort to get these guys and we actually do.  It is true though that signing a lot of players suggested becomes a non starter due to football

monies up here compared to England

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. The days of us attracting high end players over EPL clubs, particularly in the championship are gone. The tv money as you say blows us out of the water, and will continue to do so until some sort of restructure is brought into play for the Scottish game from top to bottom. 

People don’t realise how much these players are on in that league it’s staggering.

This is why Savage’s knowledge of the leagues is so so important.

I think that last sentence is very important esp from who we have been looking at or having discussions with. Itll be forgotten though and people will just say **** off hes coming from x or y not Bayern Munich so must be shite

Wouldn't mind a wee update from the CEO.  ST sales, injury recoveries, contract extensions, progress with transfers.  Anything else he chooses to comment on.

And before I get berated, I'm not expecting specifics in all cases.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In most  recent accounts turnover was £14.5m with £3m profit. That was from first season back in championship. Current years numbers will be higher. Pot for Championship clubs much improved in coming season and they have another couple of players who are likely to be sold for decent money this summer. They will be paying double what we currently are at least. Certainly for new signings to replace those who leave. 

this made me laugh 😉🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A quick look shows Luton have a 10k stadium, turnover of 7.7m, wage bill of £6.58m and average pay of £126k. 
All of that is lower than us, can’t see them paying him much more than us to be honest. 

All this shows is how mad English football is. A League One club with a 10K ground (ST sales half ours maybe?) and yet a wage bill that big.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. The days of us attracting high end players over EPL clubs, particularly in the championship are gone. The tv money as you say blows us out of the water, and will continue to do so until some sort of restructure is brought into play for the Scottish game from top to bottom. 

People don’t realise how much these players are on in that league it’s staggering.

This is why Savage’s knowledge of the leagues is so so important.

It’s odd though, as all you say makes sense yet there’s people claiming to be ITK that we’re at the very least after someone who was playing in the EPL just last season. So unless it was a youngster still on youth contract pennies then any player in that league will be way out of our price range you’d think.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s odd though, as all you say makes sense yet there’s people claiming to be ITK that we’re at the very least after someone who was playing in the EPL just last season. So unless it was a youngster still on youth contract pennies then any player in that league will be way out of our price range you’d think.

I wouldn’t claim to be ITK, but I’ve been provided with snippets this window that come from someone who I trust implicitly and would have no reason not to believe and they have said that pen is on the paper for a couple of deals hence why I’m confused about the delays in the announcements, we have nothing to lose.

I’m not fortunate enough to know who but down south is definitely where we’re focusing on. The premier league player rumour is strange and I’m not fully convinced that will come to fruition but I’d love to be pleasantly surprised on that front. 

coatbridgejambo
27 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

Mulgrew has signed for Dundee Utd 

Good news imo

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I wouldn’t claim to be ITK, but I’ve been provided with snippets this window that come from someone who I trust implicitly and would have no reason not to believe and they have said that pen is on the paper for a couple of deals hence why I’m confused about the delays in the announcements, we have nothing to lose.

I’m not fortunate enough to know who but down south is definitely where we’re focusing on. The premier league player rumour is strange and I’m not fully convinced that will come to fruition but I’d love to be pleasantly surprised on that front. 

Oh that wasn’t a go at you (or anyone for that matter) it’s just a strange dynamic that these Windows have on this forum. Like when we were simultaneously talking about Anderson spending lots of cash to bring a player in and Jake Hastie coming in. Just didn’t add up. And losing out on Campbell (if we were ever in for him in the first place) makes sense as English Championship clubs can offer far more money, as well as what I’ve said previously a promise to challenge for promotion which most clubs in that league can say. But then apparently we’re in for an EPL player. All very curious.

Central Belt 1874
16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I honestly don’t believe there’s a single player we can realistically sign that will appease everyone at this stage

That's probably because the team, to progress to where most of us want them to be, will take more than one or two decent signings. 

Whoever signs, their fitness levels and attitude better be top class. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair enough I just went with what first numbers that came up, 10k stadium and all that crap when we signed Olly Lee, alongside Tommy Robinson gives me a healthy dislike for this tinpot club . 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough I just went with what first numbers that came up, 10k stadium and all that crap when we signed Olly Lee, alongside Tommy Robinson gives me a healthy dislike for this tinpot club . 

EFL numbers are staggering. Even if Luton sold every season at top whack season ticket price that would only bring in £4m. They get £7m solidarity payment from the league plus an average of £110k for every home game televised. Add in cup competition income, hospitality and commercial and their base turnover is now about £15-17m. Add on top profit from players sales and they are in a different financial league to us. And that’s Luton.  The likes of Birmingham, Bkackburn, Stoke etc are another step up at least. And they are relegation candidates each season. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

My level of inside knowledge makes me one amongst many. Mum’s the word. 

Keep it to yourself GR better not risk a leak to the masses 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Campbell was funded by revenue from season tickets that Luton fans agreed to forego in refunds. 

Most definitely not flush. The guy wants to play in England for a different challenge, very much doubt the financial rewards are huge at all, not at Luton anyway. 

Shop window and a change of scenery 

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh that wasn’t a go at you (or anyone for that matter) it’s just a strange dynamic that these Windows have on this forum. Like when we were simultaneously talking about Anderson spending lots of cash to bring a player in and Jake Hastie coming in. Just didn’t add up. And losing out on Campbell (if we were ever in for him in the first place) makes sense as English Championship clubs can offer far more money, as well as what I’ve said previously a promise to challenge for promotion which most clubs in that league can say. But then apparently we’re in for an EPL player. All very curious.

Don’t worry I didn’t take it as a go at me. I agree with what you say.

58 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Any folk thinking we had any chance of Campbell were absolutely delusional. Millwall have been known to be interested since January which basically already priced him out for us both financially and more

importantly, football-reasons wise.

Even if we paid him an absolute fortune, what’s the benefit for him to come to Hearts and play another 100 games in the SPL, where he’s already played 160 games been really impressive, and he’s already got the interest from the English championship which is the aim of the game for any 22 year old SPL player?

Exact-a bloody-atly 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Spied Aidy White out for a jog in Roslin earlier. Curious where he’ll end up?

Probably Whitehill Welfare. Doubt Bonnyrigg would take him

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Slateburns caravan park? 

I’m not being cruel but he’d be as well jacking it in. A real shame given he clearly had ability before his injury but his goose is cooked. 

Italian Lambretta
54 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No decent player wants to play for Phoodle. It will be the summer of discontent.😑

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No decent player wants to play for Phoodle. It will be the summer of discontent.😑

What about Jack? Queuing to get in or out?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If what has been said is true:

This is what quality over quantity looks like folks.

Deal with it

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Zen Jambo said:

Think the development fee cooled any interest in Allan, pretty early on. 

Although there was no ”fixed fee” as it were and it could have been negotiated. 

Either he or we were not interested in the other.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

After what's happened over the years, this season I hoped we would have a fresh start, sign some good players and finish top 4. I'm not giving up hope yet but at the back of my mind I can't shake the feeling that we'll sign a bunch of huddies and that nothing has changed. I pray that is not the case. 

Nookie Bear
47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The Anderson on the Board announcement has confused everyone because it came on the back of Robbie saying we were still in the bargain basement for transfers. 

Mixed messages that will not be resolved until we see some scarves above heads. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

The Anderson on the Board announcement has confused everyone because it came on the back of Robbie saying we were still in the bargain basement for transfers. 

Mixed messages that will not be resolved until we see some scarves above heads. 

Anderson doesn't officially join the board until 1st July :ninja:

Jambof3tornado
57 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Loan players may be the best option this coming season if it's quality we're after. 

Ack no, maybe one or 2 but any more and you stifle what little we have coming through and have to rebuild AGAIN next season.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If what has been said is true:

This is what quality over quantity looks like folks.

Deal with it

Neilson just signs dozens of wage thief journeymen every single window. We need to get rid of these clowns so young players get more chances.

:seething:

Neilson hasn’t signed enough journeymen players yet. We’ve not got enough cover, we’re going to have to put kids on the bench 

:seething: 

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You ITK?😳

Itk in that he knows tomorrow comes after today,

Same as the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Anderson doesn't officially join the board until 1st July :ninja:

Will be remembered as Big Bucks day. A host of euros stars lined up on the pitch desperate to play for us. 

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No they weren’t. 

We’ll take the source for what it is but the open goal guys were saying today they were in today and doing the bleep test. I suppose they might know considering they are pals with Halliday.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***