***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

StevenNaismith
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bit of a reality check if we were ever in for him then. We signed Olly Lee from them.

We enquired ages ago and were told he had no interest in playing in Scotland, wanted to test himself down south. Some other posters on here would have you believe we were negotiating with him tho 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, when Lee agreed to join us Luton had just been promoted to League 1, they are now a Championship club.

Edited by StevenNaismith

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We enquired ages ago and were told he had no interest in playing in Scotland, wanted to test himself down south. Some other posters on here would have you believe we were negotiating with him tho 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, when Lee agrees to join us Luton had just been promoted to League 1, they are now a Championship club.

Aye they're a bit better now than when we signed Lee. Mid table finish last season, probably looking to improve on that this season, not a bad move for him all things considered. 

I definitely would have taken him, but hoping we have bigger irons in the fire.

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Also, when Lee agreed to join us Luton had just been promoted to League 1, they are now a Championship club.

Yeah, aware they got promoted after he left. Still, I would say about 20 out of 24 teams could genuinely see themselves in a play off spot come through end of the season in that league, Luton might be one of the 4 that don’t. Particularly budget wise.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Yup which I'd failed to factor in. The hope is, depressing as it is, that at some point we can compete with bottom end English Champ teams. Not yet.

14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We can put the Allan Campbell chat to bed now as he’s signed for Luton Town.

who said he was signing?

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Yorkshirejambo said:

We’re signing osman Sow, goal of the day says so....

Big Zal trying to stop him ❤️

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Purely financial. Can be no other reason.

Wonder what the wage difference is between say us and luton?

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Purely financial. Can be no other reason.

Duno mate, if he signed for Nottingham Forest or a similar name, you'd maybe think different but same level. Will depend if they suit his game, could he a stepping stone

Anyway, get it roond him, let's see who we sign

How is Armand Gnanduillet regarded at Hearts? Has he done well for you? Would you be sorry to see him leave or would you happily pay his fare?

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What an absolutely pish move for him.  Luton 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, nijambo said:

Horrible place!

Hats off to the guy he’s actually managed to find a worse place to live than Motherwell 

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

How is Armand Gnanduillet regarded at Hearts? Has he done well for you? Would you be sorry to see him leave or would you happily pay his fare?

Jury is still out imo. He hasn't been overly impressive but you can see there is something there.

Big pre season / season ahead for him.

I like him. Has a good goal scoring rate. He can drift out of games and not a target man. Is he linked with you? Maybe needs a good pre season

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I'd give him this season to prove himself at hearts , think he might play a big part , can't judge him in  the lower division, tougher going in spl though. There's goals and assists there though....

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I’ve been impressed, but not seen enough to be conclusive. Anyone that says he’s played badly or is willing to pay is bus fare is either deluded, plain wrong or have unknown reasons for thinking this. As if you have a semblance of logic (and a pair of eyes) there’s no way you can say conclusively that he’s bad. In fact on the contrary I’d say there’s plenty there to show he’ll be great for us and the little he did okay he’s contributed more than enough in goals and assists so far.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They pay nearly double our top wage. 

He arrived lacking fitness and game time, which was clearly obvious during his first few appearances. He improved somewhat towards the end of the season, he's link play, hold up play etc.. looked much better. 

I don't know if he's first XI material but I think now that he's settled, he needs a pre season and games to truly judge him.

For now I'd say that he is definitely a handy squad player. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Far too early to be written off but some rockets on here are never pleased. Contributed with decent scoring return and assisted a good number too.I always feel players struggle to adapt in the winter windows over the summer windows so i'm looking forward to seeing him at his best after a good summer and against better opposition who dont just park the bus

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Jury is still out imo. He hasn't been overly impressive but you can see there is something there.

Big pre season / season ahead for him.

it also didn't help him coming in jan and trying to get upto speed and gel with the rest of the team. as you say pre-season is key

gorgieheart
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

I know have the fear of who we will sign

Who ?  

I know have the fear of who we will sign

we released frear

::troll:: 

David Black

Was this the one that was 99%

Aye, 99% certain he was not going to sign for us.

Thank you for all the replies. No Newton51 we haven't been linked with him as far as I'm aware but he always terrorised our defence when he played against us. He's twenty-nine now and I feel there is more to him than he's ever showed consistently. He seems happy at Tynecastle judging by a recent interview I read.

Belated congratulations on your promotion by the way. Good Luck in 2021-22 and success against Jack Ross's current bunch!

16 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Why you ask?

Just now, ROKERITE said:

Thank you for all the replies. No Newton51 we haven't been linked with him as far as I'm aware but he always terrorised our defence when he played against us. He's twenty-nine now and I feel there is more to him than he's ever showed consistently. He seems happy at Tynecastle judging by a recent interview I read.

Belated congratulations on your promotion by the way. Good Luck in 2021-22 and success against Jack Ross's current bunch!

No worries. Only had a year left of contract so will have to do well this season to get a new deal or move on. Thanks for the promotion best wishes. We are all glad to get out of the championship after our demotion. Jack Ross managing to get to 3 cup semi finals and win none was a highlight 

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Opinion is divided. I would say he's still in the 'wait and see' category.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What an odd detour this thread took. Running out of time for an announcement today…

Always tomorrow……🤞

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I think the big man is going to be a surprise package next season. Just got a bit of a feeling he can be that unknown that teams up here won’t be able to deal with. His first touch for us was a goal against Raith, with his jump, he looked a full 1 meter higher than anyone else in the box to me. No other player on the pitch could match that height, if that’s anything to go on it would be unplayable if we can get good service in there. 

Edit - was his 2nd goal not his first 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, One five said:

Always tomorrow……🤞

The ITK chat is a fear the signing doesn’t happen at all if not today, as means things must’ve hit a snag. Wonder what it’s like not to be on the forum, blissfully unaware of these things and signings just happen when they do. I might need to try it sometime.

jamboinglasgow

When you spend time online on social media and places kickback it can feel frustrating to not know if anyone is about to sign or whats happening. In the past you could switch off more in the summer. Add in the fact due to being in the Championship being finished 2 weeks earlier than the Premiership its feeling long.

Its a double edged sword, its good the club is doing its signing in secrecy as it should help not lose out on as many players, but do wish we had more idea on whats going on.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When you spend time online on social media and places kickback it can feel frustrating to not know if anyone is about to sign or whats happening. In the past you could switch off more in the summer. Add in the fact due to being in the Championship being finished 2 weeks earlier than the Premiership its feeling long.

Its a double edged sword, its good the club is doing its signing in secrecy as it should help not lose out on as many players, but do wish we had more idea on whats going on.

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It’s a good point but I’m going from

robbies Quotes at the end of season. Working on transfers straightaway after season ended so they would hit the ground running in pre season. Probably more BS 

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

robbies Quotes at the end of season. Working on transfers straightaway after season ended so they would hit the ground running in pre season. Probably more BS 

I think it is more likely we are missing out on our targets 

42 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Maybe ask Adebayo he went to Luton over Hearts too 😂😂😂

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To be fair he did work on transfers straight away, just transfers out. 

2 minutes ago, biffy said:

Mulgrew has signed for Dundee United 

As was reported days ago. Who was the clown who said he was signing for us ?

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The ITK chat is a fear the signing doesn’t happen at all if not today, as means things must’ve hit a snag. Wonder what it’s like not to be on the forum, blissfully unaware of these things and signings just happen when they do. I might need to try it sometime.

I know it makes it more frustrating waiting eh 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***