***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Sub4TiddlerMurray
18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The problem is, it's not just up to us how early someone signs. 

We haven't signed anyone because the players we've pursued so far are keeping their options open, aren't interested, want too much money, can't sign just now for logistical/contractual reasons, etc. These things are more of a factor in mid-June than they are in mid-July, no matter how early the last season finished or the new season starts. That's particularly true if we actually are targeting quality over quantity.

I've got very little faith in our recruitment process given the last few years, but I'm much more concerned about who we sign rather than when they sign, as much as it would be nice to have a couple in already.

similarly, it may indicate we are trying to sign better players. By definition, better players have better options to negotiate with.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

But this is key, players, managers, fans... don't want this league setup. Just the Chairmen, OF and Sky. It's all about greedy grabbing hands and to hell with what's best for the game.

Yip, and its never changing unfortunately

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure if many would describe London as beautiful, Edinburgh is, Bath is, Oxford is. 

Never been to Oxford, but knew a lad from there, said he couldnt wait to leave it was a shithole, which surprised me being one of the great Univ along with Hull and Cambridge

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Today’s the day right? Was meant to be Monday, then yesterday so must be today. Right?

Depends what its the day for? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Luton hardly have a track record of selling on talent to greater things, i personally think he will get lost in the system down there and end up playing lower championship and league 1 football for next 5-6 years. Which is completely fine and will paid double the amount he would in Scotland. 

Look at guys like Tierney, McGinn, McLean, they bided their time and developed in Scotland before taking the move down south and as a result got in at a higher level.  Obviously every player is different but it feels like Campbell has rushed to get down there which from afar looks like a move that is about money, he can claim its about the clubs vision etc. but in reality it will be about money first and opportunity second.

You could actually get him on a free, ironically, in his prime at 25/6 if it doesnt work out down there. Some have come back with tail between legs previously.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure if many would describe London as beautiful, Edinburgh is, Bath is, Oxford is. 

Compared to Luton, motherwell and its big neighbour to the west it is. Not in the same league as the three you mention by a long shot though.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Never been to Oxford, but knew a lad from there, said he couldnt wait to leave it was a shithole, which surprised me being one of the great Univ along with Hull and Cambridge

Yeah me neither, looks nice 😆. Lots of beautiful places down there. 

adambraejambo
10 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I take it you don't read previous pages on JKB....

#WakeyWakey 

A little unfair. In 198 pages on this thread we have had

About 2 pages of supposed ITK posters giving info.

About 166 pages of people just talking anything random 

About 10 pages of Alan bloody Partrige summarising and talking about whelm.

5 pages of a poster asking why the club not giving a update on (insert subject) 

Around about 9  pages of puns 

And maybe 6 pages of factual information regarding players. 

I dont blame anyone who not seen every message on here. Anyone who has like myself must be well on the road to madness. 

I have contributed to all the categories apart from factual so no offence meant to anyone . 

Pasquale for King
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Compared to Luton, motherwell and its big neighbour to the west it is. Not in the same league as the three you mention by a long shot though.

Yeah definitely. He’s been brought up in Glasgow and played in Motherwell, he’s well used to shit holes. I’m sure his new wage will set him up in a nice area. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I dont blame anyone who not seen every message on here. Anyone who has like myself must be well on the road to madness. 

I have contributed to all the categories apart from factual so no offence meant to anyone . 

It was mentioned by around 6 posters yesterday, none of whom

had read the others saying it. 
You forgot every excuse in the book into why we haven’t signed anyone of note yet. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Nookie Bear

He'll not be living in deepest, darkest, Luton.

There will be loads of nice places to live in the surrounding areas and he will only see Luton for games and training.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Depends what its the day for? 

The day we discover what measurement of whelm we use when reacting to news

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Luton hardly have a track record of selling on talent to greater things, i personally think he will get lost in the system down there and end up playing lower championship and league 1 football for next 5-6 years. Which is completely fine and will paid double the amount he would in Scotland. 

Look at guys like Tierney, McGinn, McLean, they bided their time and developed in Scotland before taking the move down south and as a result got in at a higher level.  Obviously every player is different but it feels like Campbell has rushed to get down there which from afar looks like a move that is about money, he can claim its about the clubs vision etc. but in reality it will be about money first and opportunity second.

Good point about getting lost in the crowd down there.

A lot of this is down to agents promising the earth to make a quick buck.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

When are we signing Kirsty Allsopp and Phil Spencer? 

She’s a right winger, not sure about Phil 🤔?

Hungry hippo
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You could actually get him on a free, ironically, in his prime at 25/6 if it doesnt work out down there. Some have come back with tail between legs previously.

I know it feels like we've been waiting ages on a signing but hopefully we sign someone before then 😁

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The Uni area is nice but the town centre bit itself is surprising shit and from what I can remember surprising neddy 

(I didn’t study in Oxford by the way - if it wasn’t already clear)

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The day we discover what measurement of whelm we use when reacting to news

I always get mixed up, is a whelm bigger than a wow?

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I always get mixed up, is a whelm bigger than a wow?

Depends how many whelmajingles notch up on the scale after an announcement. Tons (or somewhere in the middle ton range) might not equate to WOW status, would need a few more whelms and whelmajingles to reach such classification.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s a right winger, not sure about Phil 🤔?

Drives a tough bargain. May not agree terms. 

48 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I take it you don't read previous pages on JKB....

#WakeyWakey 

I usually do but did not read much from yesterday afternoon and then just a few latest pages this morning.  I am sure some kind sole such as you will enlighten me though.

Edited by wavydavy

Pasquale for King
Just now, Zen Jambo said:

Drives a tough bargain. May not agree terms. 

Always a bit flat though, not sure if he would move here. 

32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Today’s the day right? Was meant to be Monday, then yesterday so must be today. Right?

Only when the sun shines on the Heart Of Midlothian on the summer solstice will we sign anyone, as it was foretold.   

:wink:

So we've lost out on Findlay, Gallagher and Campbell so far? Looks like Regan Hendry won't be coming here either. Hopefully we get Jamie Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Was that not mentioned 27 pages ago?

Sure I read it a few days back, that much dross in between when we do sign someone it will get lost!

Might have I was not on here from mid afternoon yesterday until this morning so must have misssed that.

I will do one hundred lines.

I must read every post on every thread before making any potential comments that may cover something already posted. 🥰

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Depends how many whelmajingles notch up on the scale after an announcement. Tons (or somewhere in the middle ton range) might not equate to WOW status, would need a few more whelms and whelmajingles to reach such classification.

Ah yes, I knew it was something like that.

I don't understand why they had to change the old imperial scale, that was much simpler, but thanks for clearing up my confusion. 👍 

Edited by fancy a brew

Tynecastlesmychurch
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Only when the sun shines on the Heart Of Midlothian on the summer solstice will we sign anyone, as it was foretold.   

:wink:

That is how the legend goes! 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So we've lost out on Findlay, Gallagher and Campbell so far? Looks like Regan Hendry won't be coming here either. Hopefully we get Jamie Hamilton. 

Aberdeen fan forums seem to think it's between them and St Johnstone to sign Hendry. No idea if we're in for him but he's not first team quality so I wouldn't be too annoyed at "missing out" on him. 

Edited by Batistuta87

34 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Cheers for that. :thumbs_up:

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aberdeen fan forums seem to think it's between them and St Johnstone to sign Hendry. No idea if we're in for him but he's not first team quality so I wouldn't be too annoyed at "missing out" on him. 

I'd agree. He's no better than McEneff. 

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just now, Cruyff said:

I'd agree. He's no better than McEneff. 

Looking forward to the screams and hollers on here by January, Jambos demanding to know why we were not in for him, nap this will happen

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll soon be begging players that can't get a club elsewhere to sign. As long as we have Neilson in charge any good quality player in our budget will look at other options before they decide to sign.

We are going to be scraping the bottom of the Barrel.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We'll soon be begging players that can't get a club elsewhere to sign. As long as we have Neilson in charge any good quality player in our budget will look at other options before they decide to sign.

Could be worse, not begging them to stay 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Bore off. We didn’t scrape the barrel with GMS, Armand, Stephen Kingsley, Aaron McEneff, Craig Gordon did we so take your agenda elsewhere and troll some other meaningless thread

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we sign Hamilton Neilsons old training plan of 10 v 11 will come in handy 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It will certainly play a part, can’t see him saying or doing anything that would convince a player to choose us. 

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Early days. Let's see who we sign first. 

21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We’ve only lost out on these players according to folk claiming to be itk. No  one on here knows if we’ve even spoken to these players. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Where’s Regan Hendry going?

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

We’ve only lost out on these players according to folk claiming to be itk. No  one on here knows if we’ve even spoken to these players. 

We were definitely in for Findlay and Campbell. Gallagher and Hendry, maybe aye, maybe no. 👍

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Fair play to him for taking the money and having confidence in himself that he will stand out in the Championship. Good player, will be hoping to move up the league. He’s played in excess of 150 games in the SPFL already, I’d be bored and want a new challenge if it came up, especially if it trebled my wage. I think it was AA that mentioned it earlier, it’s boring up here. 

We are obviously wearing the maroon tinted specs, but I don’t see why a player would turn down what he has been offered to come to us! 

This is the first time in a while (not counting last season) that I am concerned at the level of player we will attract. We’re not that big a draw compared to the Championship in England. I hope we can sign up the best young talent in Scotland, that might mean giving the Old Firm a pound or two for some of their youngsters, like Middleton for example. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Oxford is a normal town with a university attached to it, Cambridge is a university with a town attached to it. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

They need cut loose. The top two leagues should only consist of full time clubs.  Last years utter farce exemplified the problem with part time clubs with little or no ambition.

Indeed . Add grass pitches only!

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We were definitely in for Findlay and Campbell. Gallagher and Hendry, maybe aye, maybe no. 👍

I expect at least half of the Scottish Premiership enquired about Findlay and Campbell so we will be far from alone in missing out on them.

Happy for us to be aiming for as good players as possible and if others clubs offer far higher wages there's not much we can do about it.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Underrated post.

miranda-richardson-5.jpg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***