***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Settle down mate. He was just answering a question and passing on info in good faith. If it's wrong, just enlighten us.... nae need to crucify the guy. He's a decent poster (not one of the clowns.)

Exactly. He got the Aussie side and the Japan side mixed up. Not a big deal really.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Settle down mate. He was just answering a question and passing on info in good faith. If it's wrong, just enlighten us.... nae need to crucify the guy. He's a decent poster (not one of the clowns.)

Okay mate 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Story I heard was that Aberdeen were all set to go for Griffiths til Brown arrived and told them in no uncertain terms not to. 

(appreciate it’s not a Hearts story)

Promising then, maybe he will just waste away ( I mean that from a, selfish Hearts point of view Ofc). 

Clark Griswold

Have I missed something? Why is the potential Celtic manager getting discussed on a hearts summer transfer window thread?

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Have I missed something? Why is the potential Celtic manager getting discussed on a hearts summer transfer window thread?

My fault! Kinda was saying if someone gets it right, hopefully us, they're there for the taking and it became a discussion by mistake

18 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Story I heard was that Aberdeen were all set to go for Griffiths til Brown arrived and told them in no uncertain terms not to. 

(appreciate it’s not a Hearts story)

They are best mates so I can’t see that being true. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

My fault! Kinda was saying if someone gets it right, hopefully us, they're there for the taking and it became a discussion by mistake

Ah right fair enough. Wasn’t having a dig, just didn’t know the relevance. Cheers 👍

Edited by Clark Griswold

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

The same reason that Morrison's supermarket is getting discussed on the Gnando thread. There is absolutely no news about anything.

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Ah right fair enough. Wasn’t having a dig, just didn’t know the relevance. Cheers 👍

Yeah, it got away from me! Haha

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't get the annoyance about us keeping our cards close to our chests. Of course we would all love to know what the club has at their disposal, but if AB came out saying "aye we've got a million to spend on new players" then that £200k fee for player X suddenly becomes a £300k fee when the seller learns we've got money. That then has a knock-on effect on other transfers because that additional £100k its cost us for player X means we can no longer pay player Y a competitive enough wage and we lose out. 

She’s came out and said cutbacks will need to be made, Neilson has said we have no money for fees. Are the both lying? Or do you think it’s some sort of elaborate subterfuge to con the football world?

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s came out and said cutbacks will need to be made, Neilson has said we have no money for fees. Are the both lying? Or do you think it’s some sort of elaborate subterfuge to con the football world?

They BOTH talk shite.Thats a fact.😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They BOTH talk shite.Thats a fact.😂

Definitely. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'd like it to be. Would love to be proved utterly wrong. I will be amongst the first people on here to use this :sadrobbo: 

should it transpire that we gain from Anderson's benevolence yet again & sign a..."wow" effort(s).

Still believe Allan Campbell hope, is just that, as an example. 

I await the cunning ruse...

We can but hope he lets us have more of his pocket change, it might be a stipulation that it goes to another Scottish club 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The same reason that Morrison's supermarket is getting discussed on the Gnando thread. There is absolutely no news about anything.

Yip, I hope we Shop right in the transfer market and don't always go the safe way with transfers. 

Hopefully, it will be a case of hey Presto and we will  have our wow signing.

Hopefully it's not all about the quick save. 

I reckon I could go aldi with these puns. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jack Torrance

They do both talk mince, however I suspect they'll be taking that party line to support any negotiations going forward. Why confirm to everyone you have money to spend.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, I hope we Shop right in the transfer market and don't always go the safe way with transfers. 

😀 OMG  Would have thought we'd have heard a Lidl news by now.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😀 OMG  Would have thought we'd have heard a Lidl news by now.

Might go aldi without any news Tbh. 

Rogue Daddy
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

🤣🤣🤣 yes!... and lets face it, anything about shellick being in turmoil is good for any thread IMO!

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

red.jpg

Bazzas right boot

Half the folk on this board have been greetin and whining about not renewing until Bob leaves, no doubt they will be the first to moan when we are skint and miss out on transfers. 

9 hours ago, jambocub said:

He also signed loads of dross and wasted loads of money 

JJ with next to no money, Weir, Bruno, Frail, Pointon, Fulton, Cameron, Flogel, Salvatore, Hamilton, McCann, Adam. Rousset and then with money,, Jackson, Tod, James, Holemar, Schandl, Petrie, Valerie, Simpson, Jenkinson, Leclercq, Goss, Guerin,  and yes I know JJ signed many great players but when he was given £4 Million from Robinson (SMG Money) JJ understood that was to spend only to find out later from Robinson that the £4 Million was to include that new players contracted wage. I remember JJ bidding £900,000 for Lee McCulloch when he was at Motherwell without knowing the money just wasn’t there. That was the end for JJ with Robinson as far as I know.

jamboinglasgow

Was hoping that we would hear today about who is leaving as it is the last day of contracts, (may still happen but think it would most likely happen in the morning) but think it will be tomorrow instead.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

JJ with next to no money, Weir, Bruno, Frail, Pointon, Fulton, Cameron, Flogel, Salvatore, Hamilton, McCann, Adam. Rousset and then with money,, Jackson, Tod, James, Holemar, Schandl, Petrie, Valerie, Simpson, Jenkinson, Leclercq, Goss, Guerin,  and yes I know JJ signed many great players but when he was given £4 Million from Robinson (SMG Money) JJ understood that was to spend only to find out later from Robinson that the £4 Million was to include that new players contracted wage. I remember JJ bidding £900,000 for Lee McCulloch when he was at Motherwell without knowing the money just wasn’t there. That was the end for JJ with Robinson as far as I know.

We made a loss the season we won the cup and we ultimately needed a cash rich partner of the type of SMG. JJ was quite well backed imo. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was hoping that we would hear today about who is leaving as it is the last day of contracts, (may still happen but think it would most likely happen in the morning) but think it will be tomorrow instead.

Maybe just because of the Holiday today. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully the other teams will be co-operative!

And it was sell, sell, sell time Naismith, Weir, Cameron, McCann all had price tags on them in the shop window.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Let’s make sure we don’t shop in the wrong market, like Scotmid-table...

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

I'll go radio rental(s) if we don't make a signing soon

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe just because of the Holiday today. 

Yeah I am think that now.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Should be stipulated with: "Don't **** it up." 

If he hasn’t before he definitely should now. 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Christ we need a signing...

A couple of signings to boost season ticket sales tomorrow.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

They do both talk mince, however I suspect they'll be taking that party line to support any negotiations going forward. Why confirm to everyone you have money to spend.

Why say anything? They were trying to communicate to the fans not to get their hopes up, another failure. 

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s make sure we don’t shop in the wrong market, like Scotmid-table...

There ASDA be a signing soon :peepwall:

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

The guy has nothing to do with the Manchester City offshoot over there ? He managed Melbourne Victory. Melbourne Heat became "CITY" 

He then moved onto manage the national team between 2013 and 2017. Melbourne Heat were re branded in 2014 can you elaborate on how Postecoglou fits into the Manchester city family ?

I don't know where you get your information from but its a load of crap hoping no one will check or have the knowledge of Australian football.   

:calmdown:

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah I am think that now.

Nah Hearts have tweeted 3 times today,not sure what the crack is regarding news of departures.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

There ASDA be a signing soon :peepwall:

Can’t WAIT,ROSEy days ahead 🙈

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, feej said:

unnamed (3).jpg

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why say anything? They were trying to communicate to the fans not to get their hopes up, another failure. 

Someone's in fury mode. 

Woke up and thought - I'm gonna be raging at Hearts today. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t WAIT,ROSEy days ahead 🙈

You’d think June would bring some signings as is normally Spar for the course

Looking at previous windows in the last few years, it's very rare for us to sign anyone before about the 10th of June (excluding pre-contracts signed during the season). I'd expect a large majority of players are typically on holiday in late May/early June.

The lull feels longer this year because our season happened to finish 2-3 weeks earlier than usual.

Pasquale for King
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

You’d think June would bring some signings as is normally Spar for the course

Hopefully James Anderson can help us out with the Costa of it all. 

Pasquale for King

Just saw this on my FB memories, 9 years ago. Seeing as he’s been mentioned on this thread. 
**** the little racist Hibs *****. 

3F1F8051-1252-4FC6-B037-7D855DFAC836.jpeg

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Looking at previous windows in the last few years, it's very rare for us to sign anyone before about the 10th of June (excluding pre-contracts signed during the season). I'd expect a large majority of players are typically on holiday in late May/early June.

The lull feels longer this year because our season happened to finish 2-3 weeks earlier than usual.

Two weeks tomorrow until pre season training starts, time to get transfers done. 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully James Anderson can help us out with the Costa of it all. 

I hear he has Four Boys in mind (showing my age with that one)

Batistuta87
47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who knows mate 🤷🏻

TBH if we can offer decent enough wages then there's loads of players out there on a free. We shouldn't really need to spend money, but it'll be great if we do have some... We just need to do our homework on them and not just sign guys because they're a certain build or because they have a certain reputation. 

Auldbenches
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I reckon I'm not the only poster gutted you got in first with aldi.  Well played.  

Edited by Auldbenches

Auldbenches
33 minutes ago, feej said:

I'm taking  the safe way and not risking any shop puns.  

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

They are best mates so I can’t see that being true. 

They’re not best mates in the slightest

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***