• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

They are best mates so I can’t see that being true. 

Not sure thats the case but maybe it is. Doesn’t seem to be Brown's type. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s came out and said cutbacks will need to be made, Neilson has said we have no money for fees. Are the both lying? Or do you think it’s some sort of elaborate subterfuge to con the football world?

Plain digestives, not chocolate ones, only washing towels every other day and went back to Sky, and got a discount, cutbacks eh!

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who knows mate 🤷🏻

TBH if we can offer decent enough wages then there's loads of players out there on a free. We shouldn't really need to spend money, but it'll be great if we do have some... We just need to do our homework on them and not just sign guys because they're a certain build or because they have a certain reputation. 

Agreed, it should only be in exceptional circumstances that we pay fees. There are hundreds of players out there. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I hear he has Four Boys in mind (showing my age with that one)

He’s definitely not a Cost Cutter. 

34 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I hear he has Four Boys in mind (showing my age with that one)

As long as they're not all Timothy White.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

TBH, I'll wait as long as it takes to ensure there is fine fare on show at Tescos, sorry Tynecastle, next season

Bazzas right boot

I'm expecting news any Day/ Today about transfers. 

🙄

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I reckon I'm not the only poster gutted you got in first with aldi.  Well played.  

😂

I've been trying to think of a way to get w m Lows in, half my day has been focused on that and I have nothing. 😢

Famous 1874

This thread has gone tits up. I expect the kit announcement this week. Ginnelly to be showing it off perhaps 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

This thread has gone tits up. I expect the kit announcement this week. Ginnelly to be showing it off perhaps 

I'm not sure there's been a point when it was tits down.

It's a pain when threads descend into punfests tbh, some people think it's fine, fair enough, their choice I suppose.

When people are a bit silly on these threads it Spar for the course

We had to be patient for the first bit of transfer business, and people got frustrated as the wait rose.

I'll get my coat as da saying goes.

A_A wehatethehibs

All quiet on the transfer front then... Any word on pre season friendlies? Wondering if we’ll get the chance to Spar with any decent sides 

gorgieheart

This thread has hit an all time William Low !

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's no Safeway to do it, sadly.

I'm out. I feel cheap & dirty. 

Like those who shop at Netto...

:greggy:

What's a Netto? 

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

This thread has hit an all time William Low !

I disagree... There has been some Fine Fare  on this thread, in fact in my view it Asda be described as a pun Shoppers Paradise!!

Bazzas right boot

If we had some transfer news then this thread would be a lot Nisa to read. 

jamboinglasgow

So we've got to the puns stage of the transfer thread.

This place needs a signing or news quick.

Very pleased neilson has come out with a statement at last.  Clearly a response to my concerns.  I now know the position regarding Ginnelly and just hope that other clubs aren't hovering.  

Also this thread has given me a real insight into the goings- on at parkhead and Easter road.  My only take on that is that if I was offered Ginnelly or Griffiths, I'd take Ginnelly every day of the week.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So we've got to the puns stage of the transfer thread.

This place needs a signing or news quick.

Definitely. We need someone brought in ASAP to get the fans excited for our return to the Premier 

On 23/05/2021 at 14:27, BackOfTheNet said:

Watching the play off with Morecambe v Tranmere, not only is Cole ‘goal machine’ Stockton playing for Morecambe, so is Carlos Mendes Gomes - was he not a name that was mentioned in January?

Play off final today and both starting

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

I've been trying to think of a way to get w m Lows in, half my day has been focused on that and I have nothing. 😢

There'll be highs and W L Lows mate :) 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yas! fish puns are back!!!!! Sole destroying stuff.

The crabbit seafood punners have musseled in. 

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yas! fish puns are back!!!!! Sole destroying stuff.

Saw the page count had jumped so Trawled through the comments hoping for some Kriller news but nothing - not even a bite.

What a load of pollocks this plaice is sometimes! Sorry - but salmon had to say it.

I'll get my coat. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

They do both talk mince, however I suspect they'll be taking that party line to support any negotiations going forward. Why confirm to everyone you have money to spend.

Correct, agents will already be assuming if we say xx is the limit for salaries, that we can go to >xx simply because of the Anderson link.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

I desperately shoehorned 'save way' in a post.  Has david Templeton's' retired? 

stevie1874
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

They wouldn't need to turn him round. 

Even A half arsed Griffiths would be worth between 40-60 goals to them over the next 3 seasons. 

A signing that was always going to happen, unfortunately. 

Selling Nisbet and getting Griffiths means at least short term they are no worse off on the park. 

I don't rate Nisbet at all, so I'd say they'll be better for it, Griffiths gambling or not is twice the player imo. 

Griffiths if he had any sense ( which I don’t think he has) should get his arse out of Scotland. As a Celtic player he could still get a transfer to a championship team earning £10-15000 a week for the next 3 years. The guy is a good striker just needs the right environment/manager to get the best out of him. 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Griffiths if he had any sense ( which I don’t think he has) should get his arse out of Scotland. As a Celtic player he could still get a transfer to a championship team earning £10-15000 a week for the next 3 years. The guy is a good striker just needs the right environment/manager to get the best out of him. 

Heard that Nisbet is wanted by Celtic so maybe there's some deal to be had for them having Griffiths back at Fester Road.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Mentally, he is finished imo. I hope he does move back to Hibs as it’ll be the same as ratboys / Gary o connors return. Completely underwhelming waste of a big wage. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Unfortunately, imo He'll be happy earning a third/ quarter of that and being the main man at Er. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I desperately shoehorned 'save way' in a post.  Has david Templeton's' retired? 

Dunno Tbh.... 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

There'll be highs and W L Lows mate :) 

Dunno, stretching it.. 😂

Auldbenches
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno Tbh.... 

There used to be a supermarket in Bonnyrigg called Templeton's.  I'm sure they had other stores in Edinburgh etc.  One for the older viewers...

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Mentally, he is finished imo. I hope he does move back to Hibs as it’ll be the same as ratboys / Gary o connors return. Completely underwhelming waste of a big wage. 

A finished Griffiths will unfortunately still score goals in this league. 

It's a league where guys that are no where near as good as Griffiths score goals. 

He can be mentally playing on line poker but he'll still score goals  when on the park. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There used to be a supermarket in Bonnyrigg called Templeton's.  I'm sure they had other stores in Edinburgh etc.  One for the older viewers...

Ooft, going local now. 

High briow stuff, jkb the thinking mans football Forum! 

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

One in Corstorphine in the corner unit where the Centurion pub is. (70s/early 80s)

Auldbenches
Just now, jambonian said:

One in Corstorphine in the corner unit where the Centurion pub is. (70s/early 80s)

Phew!  Shows how desperate I was getting though.  

stevie1874
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unfortunately, imo He'll be happy earning a third/ quarter of that and being the main man at Er. 

Your probably right but if as has been mooted he has money issues then surely cash is king?

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A finished Griffiths will unfortunately still score goals in this league. 

It's a league where guys that are no where near as good as Griffiths score goals. 

He can be mentally playing on line poker but he'll still score goals  when on the park. 

Think you overrate him. He’s peaked as a half decent Celtic striker now over the hill and can’t be arsed. If he goes to Hibs nap to be done for drink driving or getting in a fight in Morrison’s

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't get the annoyance about us keeping our cards close to our chests. Of course we would all love to know what the club has at their disposal, but if AB came out saying "aye we've got a million to spend on new players" then that £200k fee for player X suddenly becomes a £300k fee when the seller learns we've got money. That then has a knock-on effect on other transfers because that additional £100k its cost us for player X means we can no longer pay player Y a competitive enough wage and we lose out. 

Plus always a chance of being gazumped. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think you overrate him. He’s peaked as a half decent Celtic striker now over the hill and can’t be arsed. If he goes to Hibs nap to be done for drink driving or getting in a fight in Morrison’s

I would agree, he is a decent striker but he is not as prolific as people think. I was looking at his stats at Celtic, he has not hit 10 league goals in a season since he got 12 in 20016/17 season. Last season alone he only scored 7 goals in all competitions (in 24 games.) He is no longer at his peak (which was 2015/16 season when he scored 40 goals in 51 games.) He will get goals at whichever club he goes to but he is not the player that he was at Hibs. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would agree, he is a decent striker but he is not as prolific as people think. I was looking at his stats at Celtic, he has not hit 10 league goals in a season since he got 12 in 20016/17 season. Last season alone he only scored 7 goals in all competitions (in 24 games.) He is no longer at his peak (which was 2015/16 season when he scored 40 goals in 51 games.) He will get goals at whichever club he goes to but he is not the player that he was at Hibs. 

8351DCF5-C8E4-482E-9EA3-FB19C4B165A3.gif

Ffs...up from nightshift, looking for decent news, just Walter Mitty's pretending to be itk re anything other than Hearts 😕

Booooooooo 🤪

David Black

Griffiths going to Hibs will weaken them. He'll get off to a good start and then his mental issues will rear their heads again and that's him for the rest of the season, only then they do not have Nesbitt. Griffiths falls into the Riorden and O'Connor category, thick as a brick and he'll end up the same way. 

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Griffiths going to Hibs will weaken them. He'll get off to a good start and then his mental issues will rear their heads again and that's him for the rest of the season, only then they do not have Nesbitt. Griffiths falls into the Riorden and O'Connor category, thick as a brick and he'll end up the same way. 

Griffiths would go into any side in the country and be their best player.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***