***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

4 year deal. So 2 more seasons I think. Only joined the season before last. 

Still can’t believe we waited 3 years to get rid of malaury Martin only to sign that ****ing joker

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Sound, so why the injury update then silence?  We obviously don’t want him but to not even make a match day squad or put him in the shop window after the league was won. Our midfield was fairly poor for most of the season, he wasn’t AS bad as folk are now making out. 

presumably he would be due bonus / appearance money

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Coming out and publicly criticising a player you're trying to get rid of is a bit daft IMO. You'll never get rid of him if you're going about telling everyone he's mince, he's got a bad attitude, he keeps getting injured, whatever it is. You keep quiet, you tell the guy he's free to find a new club, you make it known that he's available and nothing else.

It'd be like advertising a car for sale, saying its shite to drive, needs four new tyres and has broken down on you a few times. 

Freezing him out of the squad sends out exactly the same message  I’m not criticising RN or the club for freezing him out. I can’t, because I don’t know what’s going on. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

presumably he would be due bonus / appearance money

Seems the most likely tbh. Someone mentioned that in the last page 👍

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That's the spirit.  I think he gets off lightly compared to rearend etc due to his Scotland goals.  

His club are going for ten in a row and he comes back nit giving a feck.  

Shows his attitude after Celtic stood by him after his 'mental'* problems. 

* there were stories on here that when he was out it was more to do with other dodgy issues. 

He might end up at Aberdeen with his wee tinker pal broony. Would Jack Ross want him, I’m not so sure, there’s no guarantee he’s still got the desire to play. If 10 in a row and the euros isn’t enough then easter road and it’s many delights might not cut it either...

19/05/2012
1 minute ago, Nathan2012 said:

Kyle Turner has signed for Partick Thistle

Good nowhere near good enough for us. Lower championship/league 1 player

kingantti1874
Just now, GinRummy said:

Seems the most likely tbh. Someone mentioned that in the last page 👍

he’s an absolute ****ing imposter.  I honestly don’t mind players with a lack of talent but who run themselves into the ground. I cannot bear footballers like Damour who don’t try a ****ing leg. ****ing wage thief scum. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still can’t believe we waited 3 years to get rid of malaury Martin only to sign that ****ing joker

Hopefully Damour signals the end of our expensive punts on long contracts. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Happy for them! Excellent signing for Partick 👍

3 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

That’s one of the list 😂😂

Auldbenches
Just now, Rudy T said:

He might end up at Aberdeen with his wee tinker pal broony. Would Jack Ross want him, I’m not so sure, there’s no guarantee he’s still got the desire to play. If 10 in a row and the euros isn’t enough then easter road and it’s many delights might not cut it either...

Someone on this thread said that it was Brown who is against him going to Aberdeen because of his personal stuff.  

It'll go to his head thinking he is the big star down there.  Just another player at Celtic and look what it done to him.  

He will get goals but cause havoc.  

Finlay James
6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Apparently looking to get James Henry in. 

The guy from Oxford?  Hope not, he's not in the age profile we should be looking at 

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

7 years wasted on two players that done feck all.  This should never happen again.  Scandalous when you think about it.  

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s an absolute ****ing imposter.  I honestly don’t mind players with a lack of talent but who run themselves into the ground. I cannot bear footballers like Damour who don’t try a ****ing leg. ****ing wage thief scum. 

I’m the same. It was almost like he was swanning about thinking he was too good for us. Obviously that just an impression I got and could be wrong. Very disappointing, especially as the situation could have some way to run. 

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

That would be a weird signing,a 31 year old winger 😂 from Oxford.

Sounds pishhhhhh.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Freezing him out of the squad sends out exactly the same message  I’m not criticising RN or the club for freezing him out. I can’t, because I don’t know what’s going on. 

Very true.  It just seems as if the Damour debacle is a more recent version of the Vanacek debacle ....... which was a slightly later version of the Martin and Oshiniwa debacles.  :wallbash:    

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That's the spirit.  I think he gets off lightly compared to rearend etc due to his Scotland goals.  

His club are going for ten in a row and he comes back nit giving a feck.  

Shows his attitude after Celtic stood by him after his 'mental'* problems. 

* there were stories on here that when he was out it was more to do with other dodgy issues. 

Couldn’t care less about a couple of free kicks that Hart should’ve saved, or his health problems to be brutally honest. 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Very true.  It just seems as if the Damour debacle is a more recent version of the Vanacek debacle ....... which was a slightly later version of the Martin and Oshiniwa debacles.  :wallbash:    

The Hearts debacle years....

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

7 years wasted on two players that done feck all.  This should never happen again.  Scandalous when you think about it.  

Absolutely mate.

All part of the reason why CL should never get a free pass with Hearts supporters.

7 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Thank feck that ends that one. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That would be a weird signing,a 31 year old winger 😂 from Oxford.

Sounds pishhhhhh.

Considering past history it would be entirely in keeping with what Neilson has signed before. 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Maybe it happens at other clubs. I don’t pay much attention but it gets very frustrating shelling out wages for folk who are so poor. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Damour has the baton right now. 

Just hope he drops it and no one else catches it.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Good nowhere near good enough for us. Lower championship/league 1 player

Exactly what I was thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Someone on this thread said that it was Brown who is against him going to Aberdeen because of his personal stuff.  

It'll go to his head thinking he is the big star down there.  Just another player at Celtic and look what it done to him.  

He will get goals but cause havoc.  

If his pal thinks that then Hibs are welcome to him. Jack Ross doesn’t strike me as a man who’d want him however so perhaps a gig at Dundee with the equally stupid Cumdug 

51 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Griffiths would go into any side in the country and be their best player.  

Last Laff is having a laugh !!

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Considering past history it would be entirely in keeping with what Neilson has signed before. 

100% but the club have reiterated through Neilson,Budge and Savage that recruitment has  been woefull.I doubt signing a 31 year old journey man from league 2 is gonna make people see progress 😂😂

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100% but the club have reiterated through Neilson,Budge and Savage that recruitment has  been woefull.I doubt signing a 31 year old journey man from league 2 is gonna make people see progress 😂😂

Indeed, I wouldn’t trust a word they say though to be honest. 

It's a shame to say but I think Naismith needs to do right by Hearts and hang up his boots. Just not been there for us at all recently and he's taking a mighty wage which could probably fund multiple new players.

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Damour had at least proven himself at a higher level than Hearts before we signed him. Don’t understand what went wrong with him. He should have been our number 1 holding midfielder last two seasons. Mystery. 

Auldbenches
9 minutes ago, martoon said:

Absolutely mate.

All part of the reason why CL should never get a free pass with Hearts supporters.

I might agree with you here but I'm not getting involved...

It's a beautiful sunny day and I'm not wanting it spoiled. 

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How about a 31 year old winger from a League One play-off team though? 

Auldbenches
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If his pal thinks that then Hibs are welcome to him. Jack Ross doesn’t strike me as a man who’d want him however so perhaps a gig at Dundee with the equally stupid Cumdug 

I think if he gets a contract anywhere, it'll have certain conditions attached to it.   

If Hibs are one of his options, their fans will be screaming for him to be signed.  

Being the bigger fish in a leith puddle will go straight to his head.  

He'll get goals but cause bother.  They are welcome to him  

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

:facepalm: 

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I might agree with you here but I'm not getting involved...

It's a beautiful sunny day and I'm not wanting it spoiled. 

Take your point, bud.

Levein is barrie. 😊

Famous 1874
24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

31 years old 

Journeyman 

Please no Hearts

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Insta-stalking Jimmy Dunne. Appears to be back from his holidays and is in Manchester. 

The Jimme Dunne rumours are back. Can't see him coming back

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

🤷‍♂️ doubt it's happening,RN and JS know they are under massive pressure to start signing quality.A 31 year old journeyman winger is the last thing we need.😂

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤷‍♂️ doubt it's happening,RN and JS know they are under massive pressure to start signing quality.A 31 year old journeyman winger is the last thing we need.😂

Wouldn’t rule it out given that the wingers we’ve signed recently have been hit and miss. 

On 28/05/2021 at 06:27, Leveins Battalion said:

No he wasn't🙈

On 28/05/2021 at 08:22, jbee647 said:

Goss is a total Norwich City Legend, winner v Bayern Munich and MOTD goal of the season winner a couple of years before he signed for us.

Goss left Norwich when he was 31 and started only 155 matches in 12 seasons. I’d say that is pretty much being mostly a bit part player.

He had a purple patch when he scored a few absolute rakers which raised his profile a bit but overall he was really average at best.

SuperstarSteve
23 minutes ago, Largo said:

Last Laff is having a laugh !!

He’s bang on. Griffiths would be first choice striker at all clubs outside the OF. I would say Boyce is just as talented but nobody in this league comes close to griffiths natural finishing ability. 

The risk is obvious. Can he keep his head straight and fitness on point. Who knows but Considering he can sign for free. It would be bargain of the season. Fully fit or half fit. Leigh griffiths getting regular game time = goals. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Goss left Norwich when he was 31 and started only 155 matches in 12 seasons. I’d say that is pretty much being mostly a bit part player.

He had a purple patch when he scored a few absolute rakers which raised his profile a bit but overall he was really average at best.

Aye, I remember him, he was shite. 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He’s bang on. Griffiths would be first choice striker at all clubs outside the OF. I would say Boyce is just as talented but nobody in this league comes close to griffiths natural finishing ability. 

The risk is obvious. Can he keep his head straight and fitness on point. Who knows but Considering he can sign for free. It would be bargain of the season. Fully fit or half fit. Leigh griffiths getting regular game time = goals. 

He is a happy go lucky scamp, regularly shoots at the goalie 

Thomson1874

Updated now that hearts have confirmed Moore is leaving.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023
- Harry Stone - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Contract Expired
- Colin Doyle
- Olly Lee
- Harry Cochrane
- Craig Wighton
- Elliott Frear
- Andy Irving
- Aidy White
- Christophe Berra
- Bobby Zlamal
- Lewis Moore

Loan Expired
- Josh Ginelly
- Gervane Kastaneer
- Shay Logan

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He’s a bad professional. I’d rather have Kyle Lafferty who despite being nuts is in great nick

Good list, clearing out sone of the clutter. 

However, still need to get rid of few. Damour, Popescu, Roberts, Halliday and Halket need to be shifted IMO. 

Naisy should retire, but I would like to see him at the club in some capacity. Think he offers so much influence. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***