***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Rogue Daddy
41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sound, so why the injury update then silence?  We obviously don’t want him but to not even make a match day squad or put him in the shop window after the league was won. Our midfield was fairly poor for most of the season, he wasn’t AS bad as folk are now making out. 

I don’t know mate. Asked the same question last week and got trolled by al for 24 hours (still don’t know why!?) But the gist was - told to find a new club, no longer injured, back home in France. 
Im with you, a bit confused as to why he got no game time last season (ie. put him in the shop window etc.) 🤷‍♂️ Some waste of cash. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

I don’t know mate. Asked the same question last week and got trolled by al for 24 hours (still don’t know why!?) But the gist was - told to find a new club, no longer injured, back home in France. 
Im with you, a bit confused as to why he got no game time last season (ie. put him in the shop window etc.) 🤷‍♂️ Some waste of cash. 

👍 cheers. 

The Hogfather

Leigh Griffiths had one outstanding season at Celtic under Deila, scoring 31 in the league. Hasn't scored more then 14 in any other league campaign for them. People are mistaking how much impact he's actually made at Celtic based on how often he scores against us.

8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He’s bang on. Griffiths would be first choice striker at all clubs outside the OF. I would say Boyce is just as talented but nobody in this league comes close to griffiths natural finishing ability. 

The risk is obvious. Can he keep his head straight and fitness on point. Who knows but Considering he can sign for free. It would be bargain of the season. Fully fit or half fit. Leigh griffiths getting regular game time = goals. 

He’s in decline. 

2015/16........31

2016/17........12

2017/18........9

2018/19........2

2019/20........9

2020/21........6 

18 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He’s bang on. Griffiths would be first choice striker at all clubs outside the OF. I would say Boyce is just as talented but nobody in this league comes close to griffiths natural finishing ability. 

The risk is obvious. Can he keep his head straight and fitness on point. Who knows but Considering he can sign for free. It would be bargain of the season. Fully fit or half fit. Leigh griffiths getting regular game time = goals. 

Firstly LL never stated outwith the old firm, you can be assured he would not make the bench at Rangers .

We are talking about a guy who could not be trusted by his own manager/mangers .

Three years ago I would have agreed with LL , but Griffiths has no-one to blame for this mess apart from himself.

Guys with less support from clubs came back in better shape, fitness is the top priority for a footballer and he abused himself .

A waster who could/should  have been lighten up the Euro's . 

Maple Leaf
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s in decline. 

That hasn't deterred us in recent years. :sad:

8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hopefully we get him shifted soon. Don't know what happened with him but I was pretty excited by his arrival. I think the reason he hasn't played was to ensure he didn't end up injured again, and possibly to save the club money if there were appearance bonuses tied in on his contract. 

Toronto Jambo
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That hasn't deterred us in recent years. :sad:

In fact, that's our kind of player!

21 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Good list, clearing out sone of the clutter. 

However, still need to get rid of few. Damour, Popescu, Roberts, Halliday and Halket need to be shifted IMO. 

Naisy should retire, but I would like to see him at the club in some capacity. Think he offers so much influence. 

Disagree, Halkett was a good last season and never had a bad game in a back 3. Halliday was excellent at LWB. If their not first XI, they're certainly good rotation players depending on how we play. 

I'd have liked to have seen us be able to keep Harry Cochrane and Lewis Moore. Transitioning the best young players from our youth to first team continues to be a major Achilles heel for us.

Cochrane had something about him, we didn't give him a chance last season and personally I wouldn't write him off yet.

26 minutes ago, Largo said:

Firstly LL never stated outwith the old firm, you can be assured he would not make the bench at Rangers .

We are talking about a guy who could not be trusted by his own manager/mangers .

Three years ago I would have agreed with LL , but Griffiths has no-one to blame for this mess apart from himself.

Guys with less support from clubs came back in better shape, fitness is the top priority for a footballer and he abused himself .

A waster who could/should  have been lighten up the Euro's . 

Bang on. 

If we had the option of a straight swap Boyce for Griffiths right now there’s no danger we would take it. The absolute goal machine of 3/4 years ago l, aye. The unfit, overweight and uninterested Griffiths that disappears for months on end? I wouldn’t swap any of our players for that. 

. . maybe Damour. 

Stendelnator

Griffiths is the most naturally talented Scottish striker this century. However, he’s got two brain cells at most, he’s a racist, he’s chronically unfit, always injured and not worth the bother. He’s Hibs in a nutshell. 

gorgieheart
9 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I'd have liked to have seen us be able to keep Harry Cochrane and Lewis Moore. Transitioning the best young players from our youth to first team continues to be a major Achilles heel for us.

Cochrane had something about him, we didn't give him a chance last season and personally I wouldn't write him off yet.

Cochrane didn't kicked a ball while on loan at dunfermline,  was offered a new contract , chose not to sign it.

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Griffiths is the most naturally talented Scottish striker this century. However, he’s got two brain cells at most, he’s a racist, he’s chronically unfit, always injured and not worth the bother. He’s Hibs in a nutshell. 

Agree with you there… another in a line of hobos that had the world at their feet, if they wanted it. Only to to be squandered. Headcase. As you say, hibs in a nutshell. 

BackOfTheNet

Didn’t know much about Turner other than what he did against us, but have to say I’m surprised after all the hullabaloo on here from some he’s signing for a Championship side just promoted from League 1.

Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Hopefully we get him shifted soon. Don't know what happened with him but I was pretty excited by his arrival. I think the reason he hasn't played was to ensure he didn't end up injured again, and possibly to save the club money if there were appearance bonuses tied in on his contract. 

You may well be right. Seems to be hush, hush so we may never know. Wouldn’t be surprised if the next update we hear from the club is ‘we’re not renewing and LD will leave tomorrow’ (1st June, 2023.) 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

BackOfTheNet

Suppose I better update the ITK pin the tail on the donkey list...

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

After making an arse of it and going for Turner. I’m now switching to Hastie as the first signing. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I've no wish to see anyone suffer, but if you've already got a few episodes of Tom & Jerry whizzing through your brainbox then signing for the wee team is guaranteed downfall.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After making an arse of it and going for Turner. I’m now switching to Hastie as the first signing. 

Hastie signing for Dundee you say?

35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Disagree, Halkett was a good last season and never had a bad game in a back 3. Halliday was excellent at LWB. If their not first XI, they're certainly good rotation players depending on how we play. 

Halliday, I simply just don't like. 

Halkett though. You can't have a centre back who can only play in a back 3. Far too risky. Plus back 3's jive me the jitters. 

I want to see him gone. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha even Rangers? Boys finished, junkie ***** with mental health problems. 

That’s poor patter mate.  You’re better than that 👍

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

You missed out Barry Bannan.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Thomson1874 said:

Updated now that hearts have confirmed Moore is leaving.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023
- Harry Stone - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Contract Expired
- Colin Doyle
- Olly Lee
- Harry Cochrane
- Craig Wighton
- Elliott Frear
- Andy Irving
- Aidy White
- Christophe Berra
- Bobby Zlamal
- Lewis Moore

Loan Expired
- Josh Ginelly
- Gervane Kastaneer
- Shay Logan

Sickening seeing Damour has another two years to run after sitting all season picking up wages and couldn't even make the bench once. 

The guy has no shame or pride. 

36 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Cochrane didn't kicked a ball while on loan at dunfermline,  was offered a new contract , chose not to sign it.

He did pretty well at Montrose last season, and I think he should've been recalled when we were struggling.

The fact we offered him a deal, but he chose not to sign tells me everything I need to know.

We signed alot of dross last season that I'm delighted to see the back of. The fact that Cochrane, Moore and Irving have all rejected offers to stay with us doesn't sit right with me. 

Edited by blairdin

40 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think Naismith offering us some kind of influence and leadership a bit of a myth tbh.

So much influence its coincided with 2 years of dross. 

8 minutes ago, blairdin said:

He did pretty well at Montrose last season, and I think he should've been recalled when we were struggling.

The fact we offered him a deal, but he chose not to sign tells me everything I need to know.

We signed alot of dross last season that I'm delighted to see the back of. The fact that Cochrane, Moore and Irving have all rejected offers to stay with us doesn't sit right with me. 

Don’t think Moore was offered a deal. 

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023
- Harry Stone - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Andy Halliday - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Contract Expired
- Colin Doyle
- Olly Lee
- Harry Cochrane
- Craig Wighton
- Elliott Frear
- Andy Irving
- Aidy White
- Christophe Berra
- Bobby Zlamal
- Lewis Moore

Loan Expired
- Josh Ginelly
- Gervane Kastaneer
- Shay Logan

17/24 out of contract next summer. They should be playing for new deals all through coming season so might see the requisite effort put in. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Are you saying Moore, Cochrane, Irving midfield combination would get us 3rd next season? Frankly it would get us 3rd bottom. They're all leaving because none of them has a hope in hell of being good enough to get a game for Hearts next season.

Irving is the closest but he demanded more money and a guarantee of X number of games. Such guarantees and wages have not been earned by him through his inconsistent performances which have not been the standard which is demanded over the last 2 seasons. Are Rangers Celtic Hibs Aberdeen etc all queuing up to sign him? No 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Goss left Norwich when he was 31 and started only 155 matches in 12 seasons. I’d say that is pretty much being mostly a bit part player.

He had a purple patch when he scored a few absolute rakers which raised his profile a bit but overall he was really average at best.

I was always a bit meh about Goss. His signing went almost unnoticed for me alongside Weir and McCann.

Noticed him even less after that.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The Jimme Dunne rumours are back. Can't see him coming back

Mate I won't stop until he signs for someone else 😂

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t think Moore was offered a deal. 

I stand corrected if that's the case. The other two certainly were.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Are you saying Moore, Cochrane, Irving midfield combination would get us 3rd next season? Frankly it would get us 3rd bottom. They're all leaving because none of them has a hope in hell of being good enough to get a game for Hearts next season.

Irving is the closest but he demanded more money and a guarantee of X number of games. Such guarantees and wages have not been earned by him through his inconsistent performances which have not been the standard which is demanded over the last 2 seasons. Are Rangers Celtic Hibs Aberdeen etc all queuing up to sign him? No 

Who knows where they'd get us, but the club wanted to retain Cochrane and Irving so somebody clearly thought they could contribute to our squad. I thought Moore had been offered a deal, but another posted has suggested perhaps not. 

The size of rebuild that's required, I don't see us making the leap from where we were at the end of the season to third in the top flight in one go. Consolidation in the top six would be success for me, and I think these players could've contributed to that. So did the club, but Cochrane and Irving rejected the offers we made.

Bookmark this, and I'll eat all the humble pie going if Robbie builds an exciting team that finishes third in the coming season. 

50 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

Ross Callachan is missing 

jamboinglasgow

Reading the announcement, I think its clear that Hearts are not expecting Irving to sign a new contract, it sounds more that they are explaining why he wont be announced as left yet.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

17/24 out of contract next summer. They should be playing for new deals all through coming season so might see the requisite effort put in. 

Another rebuild again next summer then !!!

Nookie Bear

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023
- Harry Stone - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Andy Halliday - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Contract Expired
- Colin Doyle
- Olly Lee
- Harry Cochrane
- Craig Wighton
- Elliott Frear
- Andy Irving
- Aidy White
- Christophe Berra
- Bobby Zlamal
- Lewis Moore

Loan Expired
- Josh Ginelly
- Gervane Kastaneer
- Shay Logan

we really need to be having a serious chat with Souttar this summer

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Been done to death on here but the point is that we could have utilised Moore and Cochrane in this particular league. Not as starters but definitely squad options. 

Up to them what they do with that opportunity but they would have done a job. 

But is this true about Irving? I must have missed his contract demands to play a certain number of games. 

paleredfox
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Disagree, Halkett was a good last season and never had a bad game in a back 3

No way. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Been done to death on here but the point is that we could have utilised Moore and Cochrane in this particular league. Not as starters but definitely squad options. 

Up to them what they do with that opportunity but they would have done a job. 

But is this true about Irving? I must have missed his contract demands to play a certain number of games. 

Was in the recent een piece about Irving.

As for this season I couldnt give a toss frankly. One thing and one thing only mattered. Get Hearts finished 1st in the table, back in the top league. Irving and Henderson got plenty of games, and Brandon was unfortunate with his injury at the worst possible moment just when Smith would’ve been away for internationals. So I make that 3 young academy players in and around the first team, that is a very normal number so this “doesny play youth” narrative does not hold much water.

Anyway time to move on to the next batch. Euan Henderson finishes as the only survivor unless Irving decides to extend or Brandon makes an unlikely come back before his contract expires, for me next season we need immediate upgrades in quality brought in, then youth wise it’s on to the next batch who are 2 or 3 years younger eg. The 4 young 16-17 year old lads who got their new contracts just 2-3 weeks ago, along with McGill, Smith, Cammy Logan who are all being offered summer training by Neilson and the first team coaches alongside several senior players right now to give them every chance of a good pre season. But it will be tough for them because Hearts need to be raising the quality levels now after all this dross getting emptied today. 

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reading the announcement, I think its clear that Hearts are not expecting Irving to sign a new contract, it sounds more that they are explaining why he wont be announced as left yet.

You sound like a lawyer.

Please tell me you’re a lawyer? 🙏🏻

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

You missed out Barry Bannan.

Don’t think anyone legitimately claimed that one was on the cards though? Wasn’t it more of a ‘could do a job’ posts?

31 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Ross Callachan is missing 

I did forget about that one. But then again I just can’t see it happening so I’ll leave it off for now.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

From what I've heard, the club did not want to keep Cochrane.

I've made reference to this before and all the public evidence points to me being incorrect, but I was made aware by that we didn't want him.

Edited by Russ1977

jamboinglasgow

With the latest announcement of who has left, the only players left who we signed in season 2018/19 (for the first time) still at the club is Peter Haring and Steven Naismith (unless he retires.) We signed 22 players that season.

If you include players promoted from the academy as well, then that's only two extra players (Cammy Logan and Scott McGill) out of a further 9 players.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

From what I've heard, the club did not want to keep Cochrane.

I've made reference to this before and all the public evidence points to me being incorrect, but I was made aware by that we didn't want him.

I think the club have to offer him a contract to protect the development fee. I’m sure it’s a contract offer that’s at least on the same terms as the player is currently on or he walks without a fee being due. Might have offered him the exact same terms he signed on as a 16 year old knowing fine well he wouldn’t sign it but protects the club 🤷‍♂️

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

You sound like a lawyer.

Please tell me you’re a lawyer? 🙏🏻

I wish, take no legal advice from myself.

32 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Another rebuild again next summer then !!!

Not if many of them excel in coming season and justify another contract. Fingers crossed 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***