• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Last Laff said:

Griffiths would go into any side in the country and be their best player.  

Correct. I don't think using his mental issues of the park is acceptable assuming his head will go mid season. You're right he would walk into most clubs in Scotland outside the OF and be the first name on the team sheet. Even when he played for Celtic last season and came off the bench he was a impact either scoring or assisting.   

Carl Fredrickson

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/player-departures-1-2

11 players will leave Hearts upon expiration of their contracts over the next ten days.

The contracts of Aidy White, Christophe Berra, Zdenek Zlamal, Harry Cochrane, Elliott Frear, Sean Ward and Leeroy Makovora all expire today.

Olly Lee, Colin Doyle, Lewis Moore and Craig Wighton will move on from the club after their deals end on June 9th.

Gervane Kastaneer will return to his parent club Coventry City following his loan spell at Tynecastle.

Whilst Andy Irving’s contract expires today, under FIFA rules in relation to training compensation, a player has until June 14th to accept the contract offer made to him.

The club would like to thank each player leaving Hearts for their efforts every time they pulled on a maroon shirt and we wish them all the best in the future.

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He'd also be their fattest player at the minute :lol:

Thanks Carl

The contracts of Aidy White, Christophe Berra, Zdenek Zlamal, Harry Cochrane, Elliott Frear, Sean Ward and Leeroy Makovora all expire today.

Olly Lee, Colin Doyle, Lewis Moore and Craig Wighton will move on from the club after their deals end on June 9th.

Anyone think we’ve let anyone go we should have kept. I don’t, I have to say.

On 28/05/2021 at 17:14, Jamboj1 said:

Would expect the announcement of those leaving early next week, still hearing the same as yesterday we have someone close and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are also announced next week 👍🏻 

On track 😅

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

No mention of gino leaving there 👀

Probably be announced tomorrow, if he's out of contract today! 

:yas:  (please)

Carl Fredrickson

No great surprises in the announcement of player departures but it is a good start at clearing the decks.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

No mention of gino leaving there 👀

true, though they didn't mentione Shay Logan's loan deal being over either.

But at least thats people leaving announced. Dont think any real surprises there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Id expect a move for Conor McGrandles, not ITK just an educated guess

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Probably be announced tomorrow, if he's out of contract today! 

:yas:  (please)

As he is contracted to an English club his contact will end on 30th June. Scottish and English football contracts run to different times.

Irving contract issue will carry on until the 16th. 

Hoping another couple of players get axed in the coming weeks and a few coming in. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

David Black
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The Griffiths of 2 or 3 years ago,yes. 

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You must be a mate of his or something. He’s absolutely done. Hope he does go to Hibs because he will bleed them dry and play about 4 games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

On track 😅

So far so good, fair amount of savings from tomorrow anyhow!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He isnt getting a game for Celtic, so that doesnt seem right, and I'd wager he wouldnt be Rangers best player. Seem to be missing the fact the lads health is not all it could be?

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think you overrate him. He’s peaked as a half decent Celtic striker now over the hill and can’t be arsed. If he goes to Hibs nap to be done for drink driving or getting in a fight in Morrison’s

Maybe. Hopefully 

IMO he'll improve whoever he goes in Scotland and Tbh  I'm not keen on the likes hibs or Aberdeen being improved. 

Morrisons 😂

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks Carl

No. They all have to leave, nothing there suggests we've made a mistake in losing any of them. I'd like to add that i'd like to see us lose Moore. Popescu, Roberts and Damour. Hopefully we'll get at least something for them in cash. Irving going doesn't bother me either. 

The nucleus of the squad is decent and if we were to add a goal-scoring midfielder (Jamie McGrath for example) or get Jimmy Dunne in on a free then there's just about enough there to go with. 

Gordon, Kingsley, Halliday, Souttar, (Dunne), Smith, Mackay-Steven, McEneff, Boyce, (Ginelly), Naismith, Gnanduillet, (McGrath), Henderson, Haring and a few younger players. If you could make a decent team out of that lot then we'd only need to add the odd one or two players every so often and jam the revolving door firmly shut for a change.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We have something!

:jambobanana:

8248382.gif

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He isnt getting a game for Celtic, so that doesnt seem right, and I'd wager he wouldnt be Rangers best player. Seem to be missing the fact the lads health is not all it could be?

Tbh, It goes without saying that Rangers are excluded in any Griffiths transfer chat. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks Carl

Good luck to them all. 

Be interesting to see how Cochrane turns out. 

Damour... 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, It goes without saying that Rangers are excluded in any Griffiths transfer chat. 

After Mo, anything is possible

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No. They all have to leave, nothing there suggests we've made a mistake in losing any of them. I'd like to add that i'd like to see us lose Moore. Popescu, Roberts and Damour. Hopefully we'll get at least something for them in cash. Irving going doesn't bother me either. 

The nucleus of the squad is decent and if we were to add a goal-scoring midfielder (Jamie McGrath for example) or get Jimmy Dunne in on a free then there's just about enough there to go with. 

Gordon, Kingsley, Halliday, Souttar, (Dunne), Smith, Mackay-Steven, McEneff, Boyce, (Ginelly), Naismith, Gnanduillet, (McGrath), Henderson, Haring and a few younger players. If you could make a decent team out of that lot then we'd only need to add the odd one or two players every so often and jam the revolving door firmly shut for a change.

Moore on the list mate.

Yeah, happy with the clear out and agree, to an extent, we have some good players to build on. As you say, 3 or 4 of the right signings rather than quantity would make a huge difference. 

Auldbenches
12 minutes ago, David Black said:

The Griffiths of 2 or 3 years ago,yes. 

I'd still rather he didn't go to them though.  He'll get more goals for them than Nesbitt, who has just declared himself Scotland class.  Seeing is believing.  

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good luck to them all. 

Be interesting to see how Cochrane turns out. 

Damour... 

I still don’t understand why Damour didn’t play a minute of football last year. I would quite like someone with ITK knowledge to explain exactly what’s going on. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hahahahaha even Rangers? Boys finished, junkie ***** with mental health problems. 

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks Carl

Nut, all correct decsions, 100%

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Popescu and Damour next please.

Will be interesting to see if we can move these two on. Think Popescu will be easier to move on than Damour. Hopefully Damour feels its better to play then sit on a large contract for two more years.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I still don’t understand why Damour didn’t play a minute of football last year. I would quite like someone with ITK knowledge to explain exactly what’s going on. 

Cos he's ****ing pish mate. 

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha even Rangers? Boys finished, junkie ***** with mental health problems. 

Not a fan of the boy..? 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Will be interesting to see if we can move these two on. Think Popescu will be easier to move on than Damour. Hopefully Damour feels its better to play then sit on a large contract for two more years.

I thought it was only one year left.  

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cos he's ****ing pish mate. 

Don’t disagree. So just tell us, he’s no longer part of the first team squad and he’s not going to play again. We had an update near the start of the season saying he was injured then nothing. Despite how bad our midfield was last season. If it’s the player who’s attitude is wrong then tell us. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Probably a substantial appearance fee.

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

4 year deal. So 2 more seasons I think. Only joined the season before last. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Probably a substantial appearance fee.

Maybe, hadn’t thought about that. 

jamboinglasgow

sadly not, it was a 4 year contract he signed (unless its 3 years with the option of a fourth.)

Pasquale for King

Not a fan of the boy..? 

I’m surprised anyone on here is? Racist  Hibs ***** that hates us, **** him and his ugly kids. His Celtic loving tart will ditch him if he leaves them. Hope he never kicks a ball again. 
I think that covers it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

ford donald
20 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Cochran’s is the only one from that list that I’m sad to see go.

More saddened he has not progressed as a player we all hoped.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very clear really! The club don't want him but can't shift him because nobody wants to pay same salary as he gets at Hearts

Auldbenches
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m surprised anyone on here is? Racist  Hibs ***** that hates us, **** him and his ugly kids. His Celtic loving tart will ditch him if he leaves them. Hope he never kicks a ball again. 
I think that covers it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

That's the spirit.  I think he gets off lightly compared to rearend etc due to his Scotland goals.  

His club are going for ten in a row and he comes back nit giving a feck.  

Shows his attitude after Celtic stood by him after his 'mental'* problems. 

* there were stories on here that when he was out it was more to do with other dodgy issues. 

Batistuta87
Just now, GinRummy said:

Don’t disagree. So just tell us, he’s no longer part of the first team squad and he’s not going to play again. We had an update near the start of the season saying he was injured then nothing. Despite how bad our midfield was last season. If it’s the player who’s attitude is wrong then tell us. 

Coming out and publicly criticising a player you're trying to get rid of is a bit daft IMO. You'll never get rid of him if you're going about telling everyone he's mince, he's got a bad attitude, he keeps getting injured, whatever it is. You keep quiet, you tell the guy he's free to find a new club, you make it known that he's available and nothing else.

It'd be like advertising a car for sale, saying its shite to drive, needs four new tyres and has broken down on you a few times. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

After Mo, anything is possible

Not the only one it seems with that thought. 

Folk on JKB needing to clarify posts that "any other club" does not include rangers. 

C'mon tae xxxx. 

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So far so good, fair amount of savings from tomorrow anyhow!

Definitely a Kwik Save on wages then ...😀😀

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Very clear really! The club don't want him but can't shift him because nobody wants to pay same salary as he gets at Hearts

Sound, so why the injury update then silence?  We obviously don’t want him but to not even make a match day squad or put him in the shop window after the league was won. Our midfield was fairly poor for most of the season, he wasn’t AS bad as folk are now making out. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***