***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

This thread at 113 pages already! Anything of note yet for someone in just now?

No. Mainly bickering with a hint of RN slander. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Most links and wiki say he signed a four year deal. 
Unlikely they would sign a 19yo and pay £350k and give him a two year deal. Transfer market is usually spot on though. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11708759/rangers-sign-jake-hastie-from-motherwell-on-four-year-deal

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s all very quiet, signings. New kit. Sponsors. Dunno whether to be worried or excited 

Definitely excited likely to be disappointed 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You've missed the square root of hee-haw.

Not even a Billie pic  :(

Rick Sanchez
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unlikely they would sign a 19yo and pay £350k and give him a two year deal. Transfer market is usually spot on though. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11708759/rangers-sign-jake-hastie-from-motherwell-on-four-year-deal

Aye you're right, they all say 4 years. I'd offer a minimal fee...50k or something. Throw in a 10% add on.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Aye you're right, they all say 4 years. I'd offer a minimal fee...50k or something. Throw in a 10% add on.

Just not sure if we have any cash to do so, one to keep an eye on no doubt. 

John Findlay

Grown men a d women plus a few bairns getting their knickers in a twist over transfers. Players sign they sign, if they dont so what.

Absolutely zilch to lose any sleep over.

Auld Reekin'
42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tbf, the season finished early and it is still May, I don't think we've ever had any news this early. 

As long as shit is moving smoothly behind the scenes then it's all good. 

Dunno about that - I think we're suffering from at least one major blockage...

Loic Damour was extremely close to becoming a Hearts player two years ago -  Edinburgh Live

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Good shout tbh, similar to Mcrorie, not going to make it there so give them a sell on % and a nominal fee. Even if they knock back the fee it might get them to the table to discuss terms. Hastie has potential and would be worth paying a fee for (Souttar/Wighton level fee) 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So until season tickets go on sale, maybe a month after. So July or August? Might need to get banned from this thread. 

Do we know if/when the season is likely to start?

We could finish up with a curtailed league of 33, 27 or even 22 league games so what is the sense in issuing STs now when we can't give a detailed pricing structure?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Grown men a d women plus a few bairns getting their knickers in a twist over transfers. Players sign they sign, if they dont so what.

Absolutely zilch to lose any sleep over.

Bang on John, but we're all bored 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s all very quiet, signings. New kit. Sponsors. Dunno whether to be worried or excited 

All be out within the next week 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Interesting. Does this mean pen is touching paper or players are in visiting?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Gnando had just arrived in a new country, having barely trained, in pandemic circumstances. Wighton has played a big chunk of his career at this level against these very clubs. And beyond that, it is not just about the goal tally - there’s no comparison between them in terms of playing pedigree / past level as players, nor in terms of role in the team. Wighton basically is just a shite version of Boyce / Naismith whereas Gnanduillet is a totally different type that offers something different to the team and has played and performed very well at upper League 1 level in England. Which is directly in financial competition with the top 6 (outside OF )in Scotland. Your one dimensional “but Wighton scored 1 more goal than him in the last 10 games!!” is a pitiful argument when you look through the wider facts. 

Wighton: jury is in, he’s pish, found his level and not what we need as we’ve already got similar/ better versions of that type of player, plus the young Henderson starting to develop as a striker. And supposedly one eye on young lad Lavery from Linfield as well who would be a coup. 

Gnanduillet: jury is out, but a few flashes of the different attributes he offers. Totally different type of player with a big presence that enables a different approach to change the dynamic game. 

To be honest i couldn;t give a toss about Wighton and I have no idea about Gnando either (but he has the advantage of being unproven), but you need to lose the idea that English League One is anything other than rubbish, no matter what their financial power is. Josh Magennis 18 goals this season, Kane Hemmings 15...even Conor Washington managed double figures.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do we know if/when the season is likely to start?

We could finish up with a curtailed league of 33, 27 or even 22 league games so what is the sense in issuing STs now when we can't give a detailed pricing structure?

Sat 30 July, full 38 games planned 

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Will it be worth the wait?.... as compensation for 113 pages of dribble?

10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Is "wow" likely to be on our lips?

Not including any reaction to the Billie pic.

Edited by martoon

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Is "wow" likely to be on our lips?

in a good way? or as in "wow, we got all worked up about that!"

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Will it be worth the wait?.... as compensation for 113 pages of dribble?

Apologies was talking about sponsors and kit etc so Unless sponsors, season tickets and kit counts as compensation? Then most likely not. Hoping to throw in a signing amongst it all but it’s not done as of yet so can’t confirm that currently 

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Apologies was talking about sponsors and kit etc so Unless sponsors, season tickets and kit counts as compensation? Then most likely not. Hoping to throw in a signing amongst it all but it’s not done as of yet so can’t confirm that currently 

👍 cheers mate..... I'll take it! 😁

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Any transfer-in news?

Think we are resigning Wighton by the looks of things 😏

Just now, Gav M said:

in a good way? or as in "wow, we got all worked up about that!"

Could be either, bud.

Hoping for the good way but braced for a sarcastic wow, too. 😊

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Sorry our treatment room is at full capacity.

Nah, soapy and Haring are away, plenty space. 

15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Well, most staff are on holiday for two weeks (back next week I think). Only background work will be going on. Agents are hardly going to jump at early offers if they feel they can maybe get better... It's like a poker game. I don't play poker but I don't think you turn over all your cards before you make your bets like people on here seem to believe.....

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest i couldn;t give a toss about Wighton and I have no idea about Gnando either (but he has the advantage of being unproven), but you need to lose the idea that English League One is anything other than rubbish, no matter what their financial power is. Josh Magennis 18 goals this season, Kane Hemmings 15...even Conor Washington managed double figures.

Upper half of English league one is financially the level of club we are in direct competition with in the transfer market. So not sure how you can say it’s rubbish. It’s financially the same level of players as we’ve got access to at Hearts. Once them clubs get up to championship level they are out of sight compared to us financially. 

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Within the next week as in next 7 days or by Sunday next week? Guess anything being done before end of month/bank holiday was more of a hope.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You'd think they'd just announce any pre contracts. Jake Hastie is out of contract in 5 days. Andy Irving going?

Strange silence after the statement. Maybe they want to start the good news just before and the week following ST renewal.

We're still basking in the good news about the Cup Final.

"Has somebody died?" 😋

28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Upper half of English league one is financially the level of club we are in direct competition with in the transfer market. So not sure how you can say it’s rubbish. It’s financially the same level of players as we’ve got access to at Hearts. Once them clubs get up to championship level they are out of sight compared to us financially. 

Having seen league 1 games live in the flesh and having seen Kane Hemmings live in the flesh fairly recently I can assure you the GENERAL standard of player in that league is below Hearts and similar teams up here. Yes you can pluck the odd exception if your scouting and contacts are good but in GENERAL it is indeed rubbish in that league, albeit the financial power and attraction in league 1 is at or above our level. Don’t even go there unless you really know what you are about and you’ve watched a player several times would be my feeling.

Edited by JimmyCant

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Having seen league 1 games live in the flesh and having seen Kane Hemmings live in the flesh fairly recently I can assure you the GENERAL standard of player in that league is below Hearts and similar teams up here. Yes you can pluck the odd exception if your scouting and contacts are good but in GENERAL it is indeed rubbish in that league, albeit the financial power and attraction in league 1 is at or above our level. Don’t even go there unless you really know what you are about and you’ve watched a player several times would be my feeling.

Yes but the SPL is pretty rubbish as well, them clubs would say exactly the same thing verbatim about scouting and buying a player from a Scottish club. Plenty of utter dross players to be found across the spl clubs. With the odd good players scattered around 

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Sound advice

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Will be when his loan deal expires 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There's other Leagues in Europe that aren't in England. Hopefully we're are looking at players there rather than League 1 which isn't as good as the SPL. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

You would assume that Joe Savage has seen a bit. 

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's other Leagues in Europe that aren't in England. Hopefully we're are looking at players there rather than League 1 which isn't as good as the SPL. 

Brexit somewhat scuppers most of that market unfortunately

Just now, Cruyff said:

I've been saying....why don't we ask our foreign ex-players to keep an eye on a prospect or two? People like Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Pasquale Bruno, Antti Niemi, Rudi Skacel amongst others who love the club will have connections all over Europe, wouldn't sell us a dummy and would talk the club up to some potential prospects. I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to help out if they possibly could. It adds another dimension to just Savage, who only really knows the shite market of lower English football. I'd like to think he's looking around our own clubs although i have doubts, and our own scouting is terrible anyway. The wider we draw the circle, the better chance we'll have of finding another Adam, Salvatori etc..from somewhere. Use their connections to our advantage. There's plenty untapped markets all over the place, even the Scandinavian market.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I've been saying....why don't we ask our foreign ex-players to keep an eye on a prospect or two? People like Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Pasquale Bruno, Antti Niemi, Rudi Skacel amongst others who love the club will have connections all over Europe, wouldn't sell us a dummy and would talk the club up to some potential prospects. I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to help out if they possibly could. It adds another dimension to just Savage, who only really knows the shite market of lower English football. I'd like to think he's looking around our own clubs although i have doubts, and our own scouting is terrible anyway. The wider we draw the circle, the better chance we'll have of finding another Adam, Salvatori etc..from somewhere. Use their connections to our advantage. There's plenty untapped markets all over the place, even the Scandinavian market.

Was there not a rumour of a midfielder recommended by Bruno Aguiar further up this thread? Swear i watched a YouTube vid but can’t really remember 

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Reading the names you stated and lots more of the fantastic players we have had over the years it’s frustrating we have not won more trophies in the last few decades, c’mon joe get us quality please.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Was there not a rumour of a midfielder recommended by Bruno Aguiar further up this thread? Swear i watched a YouTube vid but can’t really remember 

I couldn't really say to be honest. It's possible though.

Whether or not Hearts would even bother taking any notice of what ex-players recommendations were is debatable though.

Looong day at work, log on here, and two or 3 have went off on one, talking absolute nonsense between them, frightening really, filling up the pages 🤬😠😡😤

Mods, wakey wakey min 🤪

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I couldn't really say to be honest. It's possible though.

Whether or not Hearts would even bother taking any notice of what ex-players recommendations were is debatable though.

Well I suppose it would depend who the ex player was and their role in football today. Aguiar for example was Neilsons team mate for 3 or 4 years so I would think they occasionally stay in touch, but it’s about the right player right time and whether the knowledge is sound. Doesn’t look like Bruno is involved with any coaching or anything, wouldn’t know what he’s up to since he retired. Who knows maybe he’s a scout. See he’s only 40 tho, could probably do a job tbh. 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Within the next week as in next 7 days or by Sunday next week? Guess anything being done before end of month/bank holiday was more of a hope.

End of next week which means most likely next Friday as we don’t usually do much on weekends for whatever reason. Might get season tickets news tomorrow but don’t hold me to that 👍🏻

Leveins Battalion

Cam Dan Cam Dan guys..

Long gone are the days where we announce Steven Maclean :gok:

The ultimate let down from a Klaxon.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Cam Dan Cam Dan guys..

Long gone are the days where we announce Steven Maclean :gok:

The ultimate let down from a Klaxon.

I remember that window thinking: ok, Maclean’s experienced, a decent back up for the #9 we’re bringing in to make up for the loss of Laffertys goals beside Naismith. Then we never signed anyone 😭

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

They need to be decent leagues and internationals or we won’t get work permits for them. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well I suppose it would depend who the ex player was and their role in football today. Aguiar for example was Neilsons team mate for 3 or 4 years so I would think they occasionally stay in touch, but it’s about the right player right time and whether the knowledge is sound. Doesn’t look like Bruno is involved with any coaching or anything, wouldn’t know what he’s up to since he retired. Who knows maybe he’s a scout. See he’s only 40 tho, could probably do a job tbh. 

Absolutely, and Bruno is probably a good example of my original post on this. I'm not sure if all of them are still involved in football and if they were, great. If they weren't, i'm sure they'd still have connections in the game anyway. Friends/ex-teammates etc..who are involved in coaching/scouting/managing. It's always another string to our bow and a potential market we're not competing with Hibs or Aberdeen for players in. Could find a couple of diamonds that other clubs don't know about.

"Under the radar" for want of a better expression.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***