***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Tom Hardy’s Dug
37 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What was Naismith on? Think I saw somewhere it was £4.5kpw, but I don’t know how accurate that was. Even though we’ll be saving it won’t be the whole amount. He’ll still be on a chunk for what is effectively a Technical Director role. So he may still be on £500-£1k a week at least. Still a saving, but not as much as some might think I would imagine.

You think we offered Naismith £24k a year and he accepted?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Staff roles can command a good chunk, but for teams like us I doubt he’s on £40-£50k a year - but as I say his role, although effectively made up, is a technical role so could be on that much.

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He could do it for free to be fair. The man is absolutely minted. Was clever with his money when he was on the big bucks and has property and businesses keeping him topped up, and he never wasted it on stupid flashy motors and stuff like that. That said, we will probably still be paying him around £70-100k p/a maybe??? Maybe the agreement was a 50% cut when he moves into a non playing role?? We can only speculate. 

Edited by Batistuta87

It won't affect the playing budget. It will fall in Joes non playing budget and I'd imagine it's been in the pipeline for a wee while

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Obviously not but he will not be on anywhere near his colossal playing wage.

Batistuta87
55 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Welcome…jackson Irvine🤝🤝

That would be absolutely superb if we've nicked him away from them 😂😂😂

He was in the papers just yesterday though saying he won't be making his mind up until he's finished on international duty with Aus.

Batistuta87
43 minutes ago, bazman said:

It won't affect the playing budget. It will fall in Joes non playing budget and I'd imagine it's been in the pipeline for a wee while

I think it's safe to say that a guaranteed non playing role has probably been part of the agreement for him to sign in the first place. Great asset to have at the club in any capacity if you ask me. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That would be absolutely superb if we've nicked him away from them 😂😂😂

He was in the papers just yesterday though saying he won't be making his mind up until he's finished on international duty with Aus.

How do wages work when talks are ongoing? Like does the player say “im currently earning x per week what can you offer me.” Or is it a game that’s played?

Batistuta87

Just seen that Dundee have signed Ryan Sweeney from Mansfield. Quite a good signing for them I'd say - someone I had an eye on for ourselves actually, as backup to Soapy. 

BackOfTheNet

Right, so if goal of the day is early - we’ll be signing someone and that’ll be the hint. Might be a month from now, but that’ll be what happens.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, so if goal of the day is early - we’ll be signing someone and that’ll be the hint. Might be a month from now, but that’ll be what happens.

Or………………

E4250CF7-EC15-4B80-8BC2-1E250343E56B.jpeg

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How do wages work when talks are ongoing? Like does the player say “im currently earning x per week what can you offer me.” Or is it a game that’s played?

From what I know about the process it's a bit like buying a house. Even down to clubs being able to look at a "catalogue" of players that certain agents/agencies have available and what sort of money they want. Sometimes clubs approach agents and sometimes agents will be activately trying to "sell" players and will send a CV of sorts around clubs to drum up interest. If someone takes the club's fancy they'll get in touch with the agent to express an interest, then they might start to negotiate wages. I'd assume these are agreed in principal before the player comes in to sign. When they're in to sign, usually that's like the missives on your house. A price has been agreed and you're into talking about the finer details of the contract like training, media and sponsorship commitments and stuff like that. I actually saw a copy of a couple of pages of John McGlaughlin's contract when he joined and was surprised at some of the terms he had to agree to. It had things like social media use, non disclosures, and there was even something about use of pool cars! 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Staff roles can command a good chunk, but for teams like us I doubt he’s on £40-£50k a year - but as I say his role, although effectively made up, is a technical role so could be on that much.

He will be on at least £50k a year. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t well in excess of that. Indeed, that would be sweeties to Naismith and personal pride would see him demand a lot more.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

From what I know about the process it's a bit like buying a house. Even down to clubs being able to look at a "catalogue" of players that certain agents/agencies have available and what sort of money they want. Sometimes clubs approach agents and sometimes agents will be activately trying to "sell" players and will send a CV of sorts around clubs to drum up interest. If someone takes the club's fancy they'll get in touch with the agent to express an interest, then they might start to negotiate wages. I'd assume these are agreed in principal before the player comes in to sign. When they're in to sign, usually that's like the missives on your house. A price has been agreed and you're into talking about the finer details of the contract like training, media and sponsorship commitments and stuff like that. I actually saw a copy of a couple of pages of John McGlaughlin's contract when he joined and was surprised at some of the terms he had to agree to. It had things like social media use, non disclosures, and there was even something about use of pool cars! 

Thanks very much for this mate. I had no idea it was this in-depth! From what you were saying before, it would be wonderful if we were able to blow Hibs wages for Irvine out the water 😂

Good to see folk now think they have an idea of what Naismith is now on even though they didn't know his job existed a couple of hours ago.

The role will be an expansion of the loan manager role that Gary naysmith did. Instead of just being a loan manager he will have more dealings with players still at the club

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Thanks very much for this mate. I had no idea it was this in-depth! From what you were saying before, it would be wonderful if we were able to blow Hibs wages for Irvine out the water 😂

No worries - all a big game like you say! Poker! 

Even more messy when there's a transfer fee involved because you'd need to agree a price with their current club before you even get to speak to the agent 😂

Irvine is a good player. Too good for them. They would be absolutely beeling if we nicked him away! 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Even more messy when there's a transfer fee involved because you'd need to agree a price with their current club before you even get to speak to the agent 😂

Irvine is a good player. Too good for them. They would be absolutely beeling if we nicked him away! 

What’s the story with him and the hobos Is it like Irving with us ?

37 minutes ago, S Form said:

He will be on at least £50k a year. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t well in excess of that. Indeed, that would be sweeties to Naismith and personal pride would see him demand a lot more.

Pride or not Hearts are not paying a development coach more than 50k a year. If Naismith wants to get into coaching via a Scottish club he'd know that and set his expectations accordingly. 

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, One five said:

What’s the story with him and the hobos Is it like Irving with us ?

Probably yeah. At the moment he's technically a free agent and anyone can approach him without getting permission from Hibs. His agent could be out touting him all over the place or they might be sitting on a few formal offers already. He said he'd decide when he comes back from int duty and I think his last game there was yesterday. 

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just in to this news. Boab cannot be happy, looking over the shoulder 

Can genuinely see SN being our next manager after Robbie. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Probably yeah. At the moment he's technically a free agent and anyone can approach him without getting permission from Hibs. His agent could be out touting him all over the place or they might be sitting on a few formal offers already. He said he'd decide when he comes back from int duty and I think his last game there was yesterday. 

Cheers 👍

13 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Pride or not Hearts are not paying a development coach more than 50k a year. If Naismith wants to get into coaching via a Scottish club he'd know that and set his expectations accordingly. 

We’re getting off the topic of transfers here, but this is an arrangement between the club and Naismith. He didn’t need to make this move and could have simply continued with his player contract, picking up the cash that pays him. I’ve no doubt he’s being paid less now, but it’s not as if he’s applied for a job off the street. He held a strong hand to some extent and I suspect he will have used that to get a decent deal for himself.

4 minutes ago, S Form said:

We’re getting off the topic of transfers here, but this is an arrangement between the club and Naismith. He didn’t need to make this move and could have simply continued with his player contract, picking up the cash that pays him. I’ve no doubt he’s being paid less now, but it’s not as if he’s applied for a job off the street. He held a strong hand to some extent and I suspect he will have used that to get a decent deal for himself.

Steven Naismith doesn't have a god given right to a coaching job at Hearts. Hearts are supporting him develop as a coach. He could have sat on his arse for 2 years but perhaps he's got a bit more integrity and more importantly recognises that his body isn't up to it. It would be bad faith if he knows he's finished but has held hearts to ransom for a peripheral backroom role but ensured he is overpaid for it. In the coaches market he's a rookie and should be paid as much. And i doubt money is the driving factor in this at this stage for Naismith. 

Edited by bistokid

43 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I look forward to him repeatedly being called Jackson Irving by most of the plums on here. :muggy:

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not saying that they are equivalent of Aberdeen or Hibs, I’m saying at least 3rd as only Rangers or Celtic would give them a challenge, take those two out and Derby/Sheff Weds win the league no problem. Which was my point. As for the bit in bold, there’s a difference between being self-deprecating and talking down our game. When discussing our league we talk about how crap it is in a self-deprecating way, but as soon as our league is deemed crap in comparison to another we get defensive and call another league (in this case the English Championship) crap. Reality is it isn’t. They have players in that league that wouldn’t even look at Rangers

or Celtic never mind the rest of us, and as I say they invest in quality coaching. Up here, we don’t.

I've been to live games in the Championship and l can assure you they are no better than the Scottish Premiership. You also have to bear in mind it's the 5th richest league in Europe. They are paying over the odds on players.  

The Future's Maroon

From what I was told last night by a mate of his, the Campbell chat over the last couple of months on here is utter pish, (normally I’d back up Daz and he knows that)

Yes, we approached his agent weeks ago, that is true....we were told under no uncertain terms he had his heart  set on England and it went no further.

The whole we were in for him, offered him 5k, we were close and he chose Luton over Hearts....a joke and laughable chat apparently as the club knew from the start the real crack?

Disclaimer: I could be getting fed pish like the rest of us...I trust who told me.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can genuinely see SN being our next manager after Robbie. 

Sooner rather than later. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

From what I was told last night by a mate of his, the Campbell chat over the last couple of months on here is utter pish, (normally I’d back up Daz and he knows that)

Yes, we approached his agent weeks ago, that is true....we were told under no uncertain terms he had his heart  set on England and it went no further.

The whole we were in for him, offered him 5k, we were close and he chose Luton over Hearts....a joke and laughable chat apparently as the club knew from the start the real crack?

Disclaimer: I could be getting fed pish like the rest of us...I trust who told me.

Ultimately it doesn’t really matter as he isn’t signing for us, regardless. 

5 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Another big wage saved 

He signed a four year deal and still has two years left on that so I would imagine that we will still be paying him that contract for the next two years even in his new role. Can't imangine that he would agree to a reduced salary.

Just now, wavydavy said:

He signed a four year deal and still has two years left on that so I would imagine that we will still be paying him that contract for the next two years even in his new role. Can't imangine that he would agree to a reduced salary.

My ten bob is that he has withdrawn from playing so we withdarw from paying. He was on a professional football playing contract. He’s decides to retire soI would guess his contract will be null and void. 
He will be on a coaching contract now. 

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hes not fulfilling his obligations of the contract by not playing but I imagine there has been a bit of negotiation - Steven was well within his rights to sit around for two years and play a bit part. So I think it will be a bit of middle ground found where he is probably a well paid coach now but on a lot less than what he was being paid to get on the pitch.  We gain a experienced ex pro, get a large wage freed up and Steven gets a foot in the door at a good club for life after playing, everyone's happy.

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Have to say bit sad about Naisy. Correct decision and delighted with his new role but he and we deserved better end to his career than his niggly last couple of seasons

As I say chuffed with decision though. An asset

I agree.  I still felt he still had something to give as a player, but he was struggling last season and I would not have wanted him to struggle even further this season.  

He will continue to be an asset to the club until he inevitably finds a management position somewhere. 

sandylejambo
30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why would we make up a position for him and pay him the same when he's not available to play, he's took a hit for sure or he'd be running round Hairytwat with the rest of them.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.

Some folk!!!

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

He's retired. He will be on a new contract. Jeez.

🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

On top of the calls from Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong that they read our live on air. Amateurs. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He didn’t stick to his playing terms in the contract a new deal is agreed, there is no way on this planet we are paying him that amount to be a behind the scenes employee 

Hungry hippo
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So another day, no signings.

Whats people thoughts on the chance of a new signing tomorrow?

The January window is starting to feel more likely!

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So another day, no signings.

Whats people thoughts on the chance of a new signing tomorrow?

At this rate, we will be doing this 😂

0E50837C-9C00-499E-9EA5-AE7C1FBF9CCD.jpeg

Jamboscanbevicius
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Crazy times.

Funnily enough though Aguiar and Goncalves are almost exactly what we need! 

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

if only. 

Currently it feels like this waiting for signings each day 

human-skeleton-red-dress-using-computer-

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A useless manager, an injury prone winger, a shot shy striker, a useless winger. Also two great players.
Looks like the last two windows to me. 

17 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Crazy times.

Funnily enough though Aguiar and Goncalves are almost exactly what we need! 

A season rarely goes by where I don't think we need Aguiar tbh

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***