2021 Scottish Parliament Election (Thursday 6th May 2021)

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Ok just come in apologies is it no time to have a second referendum and just settle this, I have no doubt the result will be the same my worry is ref 3 

Scotlands 3rd referendum will be about joining the EU.

Edited by Space Mackerel

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Unknown user

• ri Alban

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FPTP saw the SNP win a disproportionate number of constituency seats.  Pro-Indy parties won less than 50% of the vote on a turn out where a third couldn't be ersed voting.  I'm sure Boris will be able to decipher what "the people of Scotland " want.

I was gonna make a more subtantive reply but I see people have already shown you the error of your thinking. 

You don't seem keen on democracy mate unless it meets your wishes. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Green got 8 though? Only 6 on that graphic. 

edit - didn’t spot the two greens behind the black😀

Yeah it took me a second too 😆. Might join them and start a Maroon Greens faction 🤔😂

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I was gonna make a more subtantive reply but I see people have already shown you the error of your thinking. 

You don't seem keen on democracy mate unless it meets your wishes. 

Sturgeon style you mean? She didn't accept Indy 1, Brexit nor any defeats in the Scottish Parliament that don't suit her agenda. She is the ultimate democracy denier.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's cool - I honestly wasn't trying to tar you with any brush. I've just heard too many pro-indy folk veer wildly into very uncomfortable territory with their frustrations about the result in 2014.

PS And, there are times when I don't accept my Chinese partner - I'd deport her for some of the stuff she passes off as food :) )

PPS Don't be taking lessons off me for anything, just offering my observations.

Yeah I’ve had to put up with a lot of them over the years as an admin on an Indy page with 30k plus members, the misogyny towards my ex MSP Davidson was terrible to be honest. A lot of the folk who support Alba seem to be the worst folk of the movement who seem to despair at progressive policies on gender especially. 
I probably could’ve made it clearer what I meant, for instance Europeans who are still here are more likely to vote Yes next time too. 
I had just watched the Hibs highlights too so was a bit grumpy to be honest 👍🏽🖐🏽🙈
Im sure your partner probably thinks the same about Haggis, black pudding and Deep fried mars bars 😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Scotlands 3rd referendum will be about joining the EU.

4th I think if you count 1979. 

16 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

edit - didn’t spot the two greens behind the black😀

Sounds like a game of snooker for the colour-blind :D 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough.

At what point can a foreigner become a Scot?

Surely anyone who makes their home here and pays taxes? Yeah, I get the sentiment to a degree that folk from elsewhere may feel affinity with the UK, that's their perogative when all is said an done. 

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great to see Laurence Fox lose his £10k deposit in London 😆

Lovely. Where will he go for attention/validation now?

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon style you mean? She didn't accept Indy 1, Brexit nor any defeats in the Scottish Parliament that don't suit her agenda. She is the ultimate democracy denier.

If votes are meant to be concrete and forever binding, I'm wondering why we aren't still governed by the Whigs. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Sounds a lot better than tactical voting. 

Voting your traditional enemy in is like buying a season ticket for Easter road for the next five years🤣

They’re now stuck with it. 

I think Better Together really put an end to the sworn enemy thing for them, it’s all SNP bad, even the English MPs do it now 🙈
I would only buy a ticket for ER if I had an infectious disease 😱😜

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Surely anyone who makes their home here and pays taxes? Yeah, I get the sentiment to a degree that folk from elsewhere may feel affinity with the UK, that's their perogative when all is said an done. 

If votes are meant to be concrete and forever binding, I'm wondering why we aren't still governed by the Whigs. 

Back to twitter for Fox. 

We’ve had three General elections in five years after Indy ref, Brexit and now two SG elections but that’s ok 😆. The Good Friday agreements mentions seven years as an acceptable period to revisit these types of things. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ll just leave that here. 

7B6A4873-6380-486A-BCA0-AC59D3BE5292.jpeg

Top boy, Stephane. 

PS How did the twat in the hat do, not heard any mention. I assume...badly?

24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great to see Laurence Fox lose his £10k deposit in London 😆

Hopefully he resumes his singing career.

:ears:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Hopefully he resumes his singing career.

:ears:

Those Lewis royalties won’t last forever 😆

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Five years in China and I never became a Chinaman, either.

My concern is with the original post that "The majority of Scots voted for independence in 2014." The insinuation being that it was those dastardly foreigners (y'know, the ones that we should be welcoming to our shores for their brilliance and industry or because we are caring society) that prevented us from breaking off the shackles that evil Westminster placed upon us.

That would mean all those born anywhere outside of Scotland, such as my mother, both grandmothers, one grandfather, step-mother, wife, three of my five neighbours, aunt, uncle, both my sons and even Callum Paterson will never be considered Scots, despite the majority of them all contributing to Scots society in one way or another over the past one hundred years (my sons, a wee bit less so just yet!).

PfK is doubtless a good guy, but pro-indy folk really need to be careful how they frame their arguments to ensure they don't risk alienating the 'non-Scots'.

I think you inferred an awful lot more than he implied

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I did get the result I wanted. Everyone knew SNP would win but as long as they didn't get an overall majority🥳

27A5326A00000578-0-image-a-30_1429221420

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Great lad Stephane. Had a brilliant night in his company not long after the 1998 cup final. 

Loves the Hearts 🇫🇷 

Seems to be. Hope he succeeds as a coach, could do a job 🤔?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Mmmm. Not sure about the company he keeps though. 

On that particular night he was with Alex McLeish and Jimmy Boco. 

Thanfully I was fairly tiddly so I ignored those two and had a good blether with Stephane😀

I don’t think at that time he truly understood what scoring the winning goal in the Scottish cup final meant to the city of Edinburgh. He did by the end of our conversation 😂

I think he knew Boco, I was told Mcleish loved a night out when he was at Hibs abs trips to the toilet cubicle 😱
Good of you to sort him out 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Nice.  He'll always be the cat* to me.

*by cat, I mean an attention-seeking twat who would change his principles in a snap for power/money

I call him much worse things that begin with C to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Gards said:

But SNP and Greens have been pretty vocal that they wanted another referendum.  Labour, Conservative and Lib Dem have said they don't.  SNP and Greens have a majority in Parliament (based on what seems to be accepted as a fairly well proportioned voting system)....yet the majority view is wrong?

That's their whole argument, the majority doesn't count in the unionists version of democracy. They are just mad that, despite thousands of Labour voting for tory and vica versa, the independence parties actually increased their number of seats. 

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

From the summary I heard on Sky, we are no closer to a referendum now than we were before the election.  Possibly further away as Boris will rightly be heartened by the results in England rather than defensive.  He will effectively tell wee Nicola to get stuffed.

That suits me.  Mega frustration for all these wee Hibs and Celtic supporters.

What an absolutely pathetic, juvenile post. 

Constituency 

49% SNP/Greens

50.4% ST/L/LD

Regional/List

50.4% SNP/Greens/ALBA

46.6% ST/L/LD

Both 

Pro Independence 50+%

On the above. If you think that percentage matters more to rubbish this result. 

SNP 62/73 v 11/73 ST/L/LD

What does it say about the credibility of the below seats. 🤔

Regional/List

SNP/Greens 9 v ST/L 46

Edited by ri Alban

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Evening guys and gals.

Cheers! 

3F444279-2EC9-4D2C-BC07-4FAA9B69A7A3.jpeg

Haha the Tories are cleaning up seats all over England and are set to block any referendum. The tears will be that of brainwashed sheep that voted SNP thinking they might get indy ref2 not understanding those powers sit with Westminster.

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

But anyway

695C7083-0697-46FF-A101-E4C1E13F9F71.jpeg

Devolved administration, it's only a pretendy parliament 

Ainsley Harriott

From the summary I heard on Sky, we are no closer to a referendum now than we were before the election.  Possibly further away as Boris will rightly be heartened by the results in England rather than defensive.  He will effectively tell wee Nicola to get stuffed.

That suits me.  Mega frustration for all these wee Hibs and Celtic supporters.

Yasss get in. This place is riddled with Celtic

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It takes 3 years to get an appointment in Glasgow and another 2 to get a follow up appointment. It’s not an easy process. The SNP support it too in fact it’s their idea. 
Contrast that to the homophobia and racism from the Abla cult. 

Good grief.

Trotting out "homophobe" or "transphobe" because someone dares to disagree is pathetic. 

My fear is that it's going to take something brutal to happen to some poor soul or souls for people to wake up and smell the coffee.

Women need safe spaces. Simple as that.

CloustonHMFC

Is there seriously still people arguing about mandates? The only time 50+% matters for mandates is in a referendum. Pro-indepence parties have a thumping majority in the Scottish Parliament, the same number of MSPs as in 2011. The make up of they MSPs is irrelevant.

Scotland might not vote for independence but to deny the Scottish Parliament the right to hold one is an abject failure in democracy. The only reason the UK government don't want to hold one is because they fear they will lose this time round.

manaliveits105
37 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hopefully we get a copy of that letter too - I will frame it :greggy:

Can’t wait to hear Nicoliar get back to the day job of lies and deceit

The will of the Scottish people now equals 49% of the people who voted ignoring the 51% who voted for unionist parties and the 30% plus of the electorate who didn’t vote at all 

5 more years of pish and wind from the cult whilst our services deteriorate 

Nice to see the UK economy recovering well though - still better together - time to move on as the Prime Minister says 

theAlvasection

If the way you decide which political party you vote for is a result of the football team you support then I'm afraid you are a moron.

The Wrinkly Ninja
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not the FM addressing the country. She comes across as a bitter, parochial wee tyke. She didn't give her thoughts on the ending to Line of Duty or the Partido Popular gaining control in the Madrid elections, so why did she feel the need to comment on English elections ?

Her commenting on something that in your view ‘she should stay the **** out of’ is the opposite of parochial. Maybe it isn’t her that’s narrow minded.

How else she comes across to you is irrelevant to your view that she has no right to comment on what you believe to be English elections yet you do.

The Hartlepool by-election was for a seat in the house governing the United Kingdom. It’s not, as you say, an English election. 

The leader of the third largest party represented in Westminster, in your opinion, has no right to comment on an election for the United Kingdom parliament because that is an English matter?

Typical of a unionist and colonist to cry ‘parochial’ as soon as anybody in the ‘union’ tries to step out of their parish.

The Wrinkly Ninja
9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

That’s not all the votes now, is it?

Exactly.

Stoap the count!!!!

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

As long as we’re locked on 50/50 Sturgeon doesn’t want a referendum either (whatever she says). That’s the point Salmond was trying (and failing) to make.

👍

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yasss get in. This place is riddled with 

Edited by Space Mackerel

Konrad von Carstein
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

According to the BBC: 49% Const, 50.1% Reg. That's for The Seps

:cornette:

Space Mackerel

That’s some amount of Scotch Cringe mate. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

As long as we’re locked on 50/50 Sturgeon doesn’t want a referendum either (whatever she says). That’s the point Salmond was trying (and failing) to make.

Maybe Westminster will say you can have a vote but on a certain date , say 12 months time. 

Or the alternative  is Sturgeon delaying a vote until she a clear lead which going by the polls will be a good few years away

. And I can't really be asred listening to the same shite from each side for the next 4/5 yrs or longer .

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

That’s some amount of Scotch Cringe mate. 

Surley a real parliament would have control over its countries constitution no?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Surley a real parliament would have control over its countries constitution no?

You’re quite correct. 

83301B20-346D-43BB-BEEB-9249FBC897F3.jpeg

hughesie27
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Constituency 

49% SNP/Greens

50.4% ST/L/LD

Regional/List

50.4% SNP/Greens/ALBA

46.6% ST/L/LD

Both 

Pro Independence 50+%

Just looked at BBCs voting figures.

If you add up all the votes you get 5419418 of that SNP, Green and ALBA make up 2685805.

Which works out at 49.55% Pro Indy.

Where were your figures from?

John Findlay

Then why do you care do much? You change your stance more times than the wind changes direction.

In the Scottish parliament election held on the 6th of May 2021. The Conservative and Unionist Party, Labour Party, and Libera Democrats party, got their collective bahookies handed to them on a plate. This despite them ganging up on the Scottish National Party and their great masterplan of tactical voting.

I wonder what the great masterplan will be for the next time?

18 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Maybe Westminster will say you can have a vote but on a certain date , say 12 months time. 

Or the alternative  is Sturgeon delaying a vote until she a clear lead which going by the polls will be a good few years away

. And I can't really be asred listening to the same shite from each side for the next 4/5 yrs or longer .

Suppose both need to determine when the 'pandemic is over' which will likely be two or three weeks later in Scotland, but won't be with a whole load of hypocrisy and goal post changing and goal post changing hypocrisy in between.

Edited by DETTY29

manaliveits105

Nicliar on Marr soon looking forward to her admitting that pro indy parties speak for only 35% of the total electorate and not "the people of Scotland"