Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Doncaster is only an administrator who does as the clubs tell him remember, so maybe if we tell him to **** off, he will?

400,000 poonds a year for being an admin person, beyond a joke.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

Captain Canada

I didn't think he will. They'll probably deliver the trophy during the week in an Uber and we'll kick it about the pitch at full time before chucking it into a communal bin on Dalry Road. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

He will be there come on now he has to be seen to do something for his salary of £400,000 a year +bonuses 

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation ( merged )

Air-ads.com can do a banner with 32 x 1.5m high lettering...

SPFL-CORRUPTION STARTS @ THE TOP (if spaces count as letters)

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Air-ads.com can do a banner with 32 x 1.5m high lettering...

SPFL-CORRUPTION STARTS @ THE TOP (if spaces count as letters)

CORRUPT TO THE CORE

DONCASTER & M0RE SPFL-GTF....

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦BACK WHERE WE BELONG.........

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

NAE GAME ON TODAY SO TRYING TO B

E THE ANGRIEST, MOST RAGIN' POST

ER ON JKB!!!!!!!!

#moreraginthanu

You'd need 3 planes for that. Still 15 letters left...

Captain Lithuania

From a fans perspective yes, and for that reason that was my answer. But you can’t blame the players, particularly guys like Boyce and Gordon who have played really well this season if they do celebrate. From their perspective they have worked hard all season and got the job done. 

With lockdown rules starting to be relaxed, would a socially distanced welcoming committee for Doncaster be allowed?

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, superjack said:

With lockdown rules starting to be relaxed, would a socially distanced welcoming committee for Doncaster be allowed?

It couldn't be stopped as there is no stay at home law now. In fact folk could come in from Fife, West and East Lothian now if they so desired (I think, no doubt the CoVid protocol experts on JKB will correct me if I'm wrong). 

been here before
17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It couldn't be stopped as there is no stay at home law now. In fact folk could come in from Fife, West and East Lothian now if they so desired (I think, no doubt the CoVid protocol experts on JKB will correct me if I'm wrong). 

Theres a fair few JKB Experts On Everything that will correct you even if you're right.

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres a fair few JKB Experts On Everything that will correct you even if you're right.

True. :lol:

There are a lot of posters on here going to be really upset when they see that team of duffers delighted to receive the Championship trophy and RN and AB smiling, laughing and brimming with confidence for the coming SPL season .

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Ann will have the final word. 

She can keep the trophy as a leaving present and **** off.

Ohh and she can take Robbie with her.

Jeffros Furios
52 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

There are a lot of posters on here going to be really upset when they see that team of duffers delighted to receive the Championship trophy and RN and AB smiling, laughing and brimming with confidence for the coming SPL season .

And this is exactly what will happen .

davemclaren
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I imagine Ann will have a mask on so might be hard to tell how happy she is. 😄

However, I imagine her and Robbie will see it as a positive milestone for the club, as it is. 

McGlynn The Money
On 17/04/2021 at 09:42, Captain Canada said:

I didn't think he will. They'll probably deliver the trophy during the week in an Uber and we'll kick it about the pitch at full time before chucking it into a communal bin on Dalry Road. 

No thanks.  We already have enough issues with fly tipping in Gorgie and Dalry as it is.

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

However, I imagine her and Robbie will see it as a positive milestone for the club, as it is. 

Last paragraph: what is that all about.

43 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Last paragraph: what is that all about.

Promotion is positive. 

No promotion would have been negative. 

Which would you prefer ? 

Milestone is the buzz word for me why?, any fool could have led our club to promotion.

Meanwhile sweep sweep Alloa/Brora/QOS etc....

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We shouldn't be in this division. It's because of Ann and Craig Levein that we are.

Winning it should never have been in doubt given the gulf in finances and quality of squad between us and the rest of the league. Our league form has been far below what's expected and we've thrown our two worst ever cup results into the mix.

If Ann or anyone else sees this utter shit show of a season as a positive milestone then they are deluded in the extreme.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

We shouldn't be in this division. It's because of Ann and Craig Levein that we are.

Winning it should never have been in doubt given the gulf in finances and quality of squad between us and the rest of the league. Our league form has been far below what's expected and we've thrown our two worst ever cup results into the mix.

If Ann or anyone else sees this utter shit show of a season as a positive milestone then they are deluded in the extreme.

By any definition, except in a bitter twisted mind, it has to be a positive milestone. 😄

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

By any definition, except in a bitter twisted mind, it has to be a positive milestone. 😄

I don't think you really understand what milestone means.

Silvery_Moon

She and Robbie will see the season as a positive. Of that I have no doubt. 

That alone reinforces the belief many fans have that Budge and Neilson are out of touch with the fans. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I don't think you really understand what milestone means.

I think I do. 😂

McGlynn The Money
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think I do. 😂

You should maybe start using it correctly then.  🤣

McGlynn The Money
19 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

She and Robbie will see the season as a positive. Of that I have no doubt. 

That alone reinforces the belief many fans have that Budge and Neilson are out of touch with the fans. 

:spoton:

On 17/04/2021 at 09:29, luckydug said:

Just tell him in advance we can't guarantee his safety. 

what a sad state of affairs 

The Treasurer
47 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe Doncaster will just pitch up at Riccarton with the trophy and avoid actually coming into the city. 

He could ask a leading figure from the blue chip company he managed to negotiate as the league sponsor to present the trophy. Oh wait..... 

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe Doncaster will just pitch up at Riccarton with the trophy and avoid actually coming into the city. 

Probably send it through with Hermes

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If it’s a marker on the way to a better future aye. If we come right back down then not so much. 

davemclaren
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s a marker on the way to a better future aye. If we come right back down then not so much. 

The milestone of getting back into the top league is now marked complete in the plan. 😎l

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The milestone of getting back into the top league is now marked complete in the plan. 😎l

Can’t wait for the next milestone. Hopefully a European place. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That would be very nice. 

McGlynn The Money

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Exciting times. Don't want to put too much pressure on Ann, Robbie and the players but next season I would love to pass the not getting knocked out the League Cup by a part-time team milestone and the not getting battered in the Scottish Cup by a Highland League team milestone.

As I said though, no pressure and let's walk before we can run.

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exciting times. Don't want to put too much pressure on Ann, Robbie and the players but next season I would love to pass the not getting knocked out the League Cup by a part-time team milestone and the not getting battered in the Scottish Cup by a Highland League team milestone.

As I said though, no pressure and let's walk before we can run.

Absolutely. The important things is not to move the ball around too fast, make sure any counter attack enables the opposition to get their entire team behind the ball and that the striker needs to drop to the half way line to get the ball. You can’t have enough holding midfielders either. 

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Probably send it through with Hermes

Herpes more like!

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Herpes more like!

13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Herpes mair like.....

So you are the same person! :insufferable:

McGlynn The Money
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely. The important things is not to move the ball around too fast, make sure any counter attack enables the opposition to get their entire team behind the ball and that the striker needs to drop to the half way line to get the ball. You can’t have enough holding midfielders either. 

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure this has all been factored into the 5 year plan by Ann and Robbie.

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

In the original 5 year plan, the task of gaining promotion back to the SPL  had a timescale of TWO years.    Then another year to "consolidate" in the SPL, before aiming for top 4 in year 4.       Given that Robbie achieved them all in only 2 years, it's no wonder Ann turned to him again.

He's done the first bit ....... can he repeat the top 4 SPL achievement ?    :arry:

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely not even Doncaster would have the brass neck to try to present it?

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So you are the same person! :insufferable:

I'm an expert in Hebrew and New Testament Greek. Methodical and almost mathematical.

Jono is an expert in hyperbolic Jamboese, with a touch of chaos.

We are united in our love for Hearts and disdain of all lickspittles like Donkey.

The Treasurer

After reading Naismiths comments on the trophy presentation have a feeling that the players are at least having a discussion about leaving the trophy on the stand, in line with the wishes of the fans. 

Whether it happens or not is another story

On 14/04/2021 at 19:31, JDK2020 said:

I really don't think we should medal in the situation of the players lifting their meddles.

:naughty:

But :D

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

After reading Naismiths comments on the trophy presentation have a feeling that the players are at least having a discussion about leaving the trophy on the stand, in line with the wishes of some of the fans. 

Whether it happens or not is another story

FTFY

The players had absolutely **** all to do with the vote or the SFA and are under no obligation to listen to a few hundred fans who’ve been manipulated into tapping a button on their phone’s screen. 

A more appropriate action the club should be doing is blocking Neil Doncaster from attending Tynecastle as he is not welcome to set foot at Tynecastle ever again in his life, and instead have someone like Jim Jeffries or John Robertson present the trophy to our players. It’s a tin pot trophy but end of the day, there’s been worse days for the club, it’s a day where the players are entitled to take pride in an achievement however minor it is in terms of the stature of club. For players it’s different, as players, they’ve done the job asked of them and got us up so I for one feel fans just need to move on and let the players have a photo with their children with their medal and the trophy. Then we as a club just move swiftly on.

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )