Derek Mcinnes

pointon

21 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Mcinnes is too much of his own man to fit into our current structure.

And that is why he should get the job 

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What would be “great” about it?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he went downhill at Aberdeen since Rangers got back up and started building their team.

His success is almost solely based on a league without Rangers. Even Robbie owned Rangers when he was with us.... McInnes has never owned them.

Your entitled to your opinion 

Bazzas right boot

The folk that don't like Robbie will have a McInnes out thread and daft nicknames for him before the season is out, even if he did get us in about the top 4. Be like Robbie's first Season in the top flight, one defeat in the SC or a few mauling's in big games will trigger said folk and they won't let it go.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The folk that don't like Robbie will have a McInnes out thread and daft nicknames for him before the season is out, even if he did get us in about the top 4. Be like Robbie's first Season in the top flight, one defeat in the SC or a few mauling's in big games will trigger said folk and they won't let it go.

Oh dear

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What would be “great” about it?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he went downhill at Aberdeen since Rangers got back up and started building their team.

His success is almost solely based on a league without Rangers. Even Robbie owned Rangers when he was with us.... McInnes has never owned them.

Went downhill as in 3rd/4th in the league? Going downhill is being bottom of the league and getting knocked out of the cup by a non league team.

Robbie owned rangers ? Fairy sure McInnes knocked them out the cup a couple of times, but that doesn't count ?

Shite logic and made up nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yep , ****ing mad house this place 

A_A wehatethehibs

McInnes is the most sensible appointment the club could make. And the first sensible appointment in 10 years since Paulo Sergio. TEN years. 

Getting papped out both cups by tradesmen while struggling to get a tune out of players over a season and making the fans miserable and pessimistic, is not good enough to keep you in a job at Hearts. 

This was to be a season of renewal, positivity, introducing young players and new optimism to the club. It’s not happened.

Fair play to Neilson he has at least done his job and got us up. Wish him all the best at his next championship club. Suspect the Dundee and Dunfermline jobs will be available and they will swoop for him with his promotion record. Or maybe Partick

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Brenda Rodgers got owned by Craig Levein. Does that make BR a shit manager? 

No, but it maybe makes Levein better than some give him credit for. By the way, did McInness ever get a result and performance even close to that one from his Aberdeen teams? Or for that matter similar to the times Cathro, Stendel and Neilson gave Rangers doings? Did he push Celtic as close in two SC finals as Levein and Neilson did?

He bottled it against the OF more often than not but was very consistent against the rest, playing physical, robust football that occasionally came together with some good performances. Basically McInnes is Craig Levein (from his first spell with us) but without the sense of humour.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This x 100. If we're talking about Neilson's bad results, what about McInnes getting owned by Gary Locke and a team of teenagers plus Jamie Hammil?

Getting owned ? You mean losing a match. Does getting owned mean being ten places below them in the league. Shite logic

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What you feeling? 

I quite like McInsipid :) 

30 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not as stupid as not looking to see who else is available.  Fans won't take a slow start with McInnes and accept that it'll click when he gets a couple of transfer windows.  Not with the type of football he plays.  

Watching more levein type cautious football for another season while we wait?   

The fans will give him more time if he was the best candidate, but not if it's just another lazy appointment. 

Might as well just stick with neilson while waiting for it to all fall into place.

Just look to see who else is our there and that way we will know if he was the best one.

He wasn't cheap at Aberdeen,  I heard nearly a million a year. 

Boring rubbish after what we've been through? 

I agree we should look, in fact I hope we’re already looking and discreetly asking people some third party questions. Let’s try and get ahead of the game rather than behind it all the time. Dont for Christ’s sake wait till he goes before you start looking. Even If they haven’t decided yet it’s surely got to be something that’s being considered.

Rick Sanchez

Any legs to these rumours?

I like him. He targets the right kind of players. I was always annoyed that he targeted the kind of players we should. And I always got the feeling he wanted the Hearts job to take advantage of a hostile Tynecastle in his favour.

Been a while since those days right enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jambopilms said:

Getting owned ? You mean losing a match. Does getting owned mean being ten places below them in the league. Shite logic

What, we're talking down Gary Locke to talk up Aberdeen now are we? Christ. There were two teams we owned that season - Hibs and Aberdeen. Really, though it was Aberdeen because we were unbeaten against them. It was beautiful, the excuses McInnes came out with.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

What you feeling? 

I almost want it to happen so Craig Levein isn't the most disliked Hearts manager anymore. There is no manager more despised in our recent history than Craig Levein, with his "style" being brought up a lot, and McInness is the most similar Scottish manager to Craig Levein style wise. Just without the ability to beat Hibs almost all the time and occasionally cuff Celtic.

I would be very happy with mcinnes. It went stale at Aberdeen but every manager has a shelf life. The only way neilson should go I as if we have an upgrade lined up

Aussie Jambo
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ah thank god. Been a long week

I’m just up 1971fozzy as it’s early morning here. Had 2 strong coffees and the satire mode is on. All this McInnes stuff got the better of me. 😂😂

Sol Campbell. 😂😂😂

Stephen Pressley 😂😂😂

Paul Lambert 🤔

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, but it maybe makes Levein better than some give him credit for. By the way, did McInness ever get a result and performance even close to that one from his Aberdeen teams? Or for that matter similar to the times Cathro, Stendel and Neilson gave Rangers doings? Did he push Celtic as close in two SC finals as Levein and Neilson did?

He bottled it against the OF more often than not but was very consistent against the rest, playing physical, robust football that occasionally came together with some good performances. Basically McInnes is Craig Levein (from his first spell with us) but without the sense of humour.

our record for instance in Glasgow v both must be up there with the worst. We beat rangers a few times at home but Aberdeen have also done so. In fact his record in Glasgow is not as bad as you may think.

He got stale in the end as most managers do after 10 years or so.  He had to sell players recently. Maybe a new challenge will be exactly what he needs and  he will sort us out . 
Aberdeens away record in recent years has been tremendous and god knows we could do with some of that.

Im genuinely not sure what some supporters expect as an appointment ? 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

What you feeling? 

Tbh, I would welcome him, but I don't think he'd deliver what many on here want.

His football is functional but results are consistent, I'd take that.

His team ended up behind killie, Motherwell and hibs last few season so  struggled to build on his earlier success, But I would take that as a starting point for us, but will Robbie get us a similar functionality and consistency in the league- History suggests, yes?

Maybe He needs a different challenge tho, refreshed and with us having bigger crowds, Budge and the FoH investments maybe he could get us consistent initially then kick on to the next level that he failed to do  at Aberdeen.

Edited by Smith's right boot

kingantti1874

I almost want it to happen so Craig Levein isn't the most disliked Hearts manager anymore. There is no manager more despised in our recent history than Craig Levein, with his "style" being brought up a lot, and McInness is the most similar Scottish manager to Craig Levein style wise. Just without the ability to beat Hibs almost all the time and occasionally cuff Celtic.

but qualified for Europe 8 years in a row.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’m just up 1971fozzy as it’s early morning here. Had 2 strong coffees and the satire mode is on. All this McInnes stuff got the better of me. 😂😂

Sol Campbell. 😂😂😂

Stephen Pressley 😂😂😂

Paul Lambert 🤔

🤣👍  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

our record for instance in Glasgow v both must be up there with the worst. We beat rangers a few times at home but Aberdeen have also done so. In fact his record in Glasgow is not as bad as you may think.

He got stale in the end as most managers do after 10 years or so.  He had to sell players recently. Maybe a new challenge will be exactly what he needs and  he will sort us out . 
Aberdeens away record in recent years has been tremendous and god knows we could do with some of that.

Im genuinely not sure what some supporters expect as an appointment ? 

Not "one LC in 10 years, only did well in a weak league, bottled every big occasion, owned by Locke's merry band of teenagers, horrific football" Derek McInnes please and thank you. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Any legs to these rumours?

I like him. He targets the right kind of players. I was always annoyed that he targeted the kind of players we should. And I always got the feeling he wanted the Hearts job to take advantage of a hostile Tynecastle in his favour.

Been a while since those days right enough.

He has targeted in the past  players like Bryson, Sammon, Main, GMS......

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I wouldn't have sacked McInnes. 

I was a McInnes defender but it was time for him to go

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What, we're talking down Gary Locke to talk up Aberdeen now are we? Christ. There were two teams we owned that season - Hibs and Aberdeen. Really, though it was Aberdeen because we were unbeaten against them. It was beautiful, the excuses McInnes came out with.

Maybe we should get Locke back if that's your logic. I doesn't matter who you own if the result is still relegation. 

Bazzas right boot

Not "one LC in 10 years, only did well in a weak league, bottled every big occasion, owned by Locke's merry band of teenagers, horrific football" Derek McInnes please and thank you. 

My Aberdeen mate laughed when I mentioned he could be on his way to us.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

but qualified for Europe 8 years in a row.

In seriously weakened leagues, with record investment in the Aberdeen team. And how has he done when he got to Europe? He's largely bombed in Europe despite multiple chances. 

I'm not as in awe of McInnes's 2nd places as some seem to be. One LC in 10 years is a terrible return. I would take McCann, Pressley, Robbo, Neil, Robinson, Stendel back, Dougie Freedman if he's interested again, Naismith, and my granny over McInnes. Horrible football manager.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He really is.

I'd take him, but many on here will not like him.

Nookie Bear

I think we need functional right now. Someone with experience and authority, knows what they want, who doesn’t have delusions of playing a particular, elusive, style but also expects their teams to put the effort in. 

Not fussed about looking too far into the future. 2 years is far enough for any manager and I reckon McInnes (or someone like him) fits what we need at this time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe we should get Locke back if that's your logic. I doesn't matter who you own if the result is still relegation. 

Motivation-wise not the worst idea. I'd have Locke on the Hearts coaching team every day just for that.

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The folk that don't like Robbie will have a McInnes out thread and daft nicknames for him before the season is out, even if he did get us in about the top 4.

McOuttes?

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He has targeted in the past  players like Bryson, Sammon, Main, GMS......

And I remember everybody on here gutted we didn't sign Bryson (escaped there) or GMS. We were excited to be signing a Kilmarnock version of Sammon as well :laugh:

Main...*shudder*

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My Aberdeen mate laughed when I mentioned he could be on his way to us.

Your Aberdeen mate may be wishing a year from now that mcinnes was still Aberdeen manager as I doubt the new management team will hit the ground running 

No thanks.

His tan is better than mine.  In the winter. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Bright side?  His is from a sun-bed or from a bottle.

His hair is pish, too.  :verysmug:

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’d take mcinnes but right now we need someone who will get 100% backing from supporters. Alex Neil would get that in my opinion. An ambitious one would be Chris Wilder.

I don't want Alex Neil for one, Chris Wilder would be a good shout, would prefer McInnes over Neil

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I was a McInnes defender but it was time for him to go

Would he agree he had a shelf life? Good for a period of time. Good signings but lost too many Players. He did play youngsters when he could

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having been at the stadium I can confirm it’s head and shoulders above ours. Barely any queuing to get food and drink even at halftime. Was extremely impressed. 

2018/19 their profit was greater than our turnover. 

53 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I’m not sure what Alex Neil has done to deserve getting a mention. 
Norwich took a punt on him based on a few games he’d had at Hamilton. He’s had Preston bouncing around mid table since he joined them. No thanks, I’d prefer to take a chance with Davidson or Robinson

👍

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Would he agree he had a shelf life? Good for a period of time. Good signings but lost too many Players. He did play youngsters when he could

every manager bar Alex Ferguson has a shelf life.  Alex MacDonald (legendary manager for us) had a shelf life.  Managers as well as supporters get bored and stale and need change.

Aberdeen may well regret it.

one thing to all those who slate him. When he took over at Aberdeen they were relegation fodder. Where we are now. 
Id take him , or Robinson in a heartbeat 

Guest ToqueJambo

Let's pretend for a second this is a serious discussion about McInnes (and assume everyone agrees his football is terrible but people seem willing to ignore that), a criticism of Hearts recently (Levein and Neilson - this time around - notably) has been not bringing through enough youngsters. 

What young players have Aberdeen brought through under him since 2013? I can think of one - McKenna - who has been a genuine success. I can't even think of many who have even held down regular first team slots. He's a chequebook manager who capitalised on the financial weakness of rivals for several years and was able to hoover up talent early on in his Aberdeen time.

Auldbenches
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree we should look, in fact I hope we’re already looking and discreetly asking people some third party questions. Let’s try and get ahead of the game rather than behind it all the time. Dont for Christ’s sake wait till he goes before you start looking. Even If they haven’t decided yet it’s surely got to be something that’s being considered.

At this time they have to be considering their options without actively looking, no matter what they say about getting ready for next season.

The fans won't give another usual type appointment time if the do the same thing again.  Why risk your last chance by repeating something that has already failed twice?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Your Aberdeen mate may be wishing a year from now that mcinnes was still Aberdeen manager as I doubt the new management team will hit the ground running 

Exactly what I said Tbh! 

Chris Wilder 😂

Some folk need to calm the hell down and take a wee reality check.

We’ve been a struggling club for the vast majority of the last decade and yet there are supporters out there who think Chris Wilder is all of a sudden a possibility 😂

Don’t do drugs kids........

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No thanks.

His tan is better than mine.  In the winter. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Bright side?  His is from a sun-bed or from a bottle.

His hair is pish, too.  :verysmug:

Worry not, Morgan. You’ll always be the eye candy of Tynecastle Park to us 😍

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

And I remember everybody on here gutted we didn't sign Bryson (escaped there) or GMS. We were excited to be signing a Kilmarnock version of Sammon as well :laugh:

Main...*shudder*

Yip. 

If ourselves and Aberdeen go for the same player, alarm bells ring loud! 

Cut The Crap
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So you “almost” want it to happen because you think he will be a bit shit and it will teach us fans some sort of lesson?

Strange attitude, but whatever butters your parsnips I suppose.

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Chris Wilder 😂

Some folk need to calm the hell down and take a wee reality check.

We’ve been a struggling club for the vast majority of the last decade and yet there are supporters out there who think Chris Wilder is all of a sudden a possibility 😂

Don’t do drugs kids........

I said ambitious option you dumpling👍🏻

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We all laughed when Rangers went for Gerrard, even Hibs with Stubbs who . . . Well you know what he did. 
Clubs find young managers/coaches all the time that go on to succeed, we have to hope we are in the market soon and Savage has some ideas. 

For someone who has roundly condemned every manager hired by Budge I have a question - what makes you think Savage is any better at his job than Nielson, Levein, Cathro were at theirs? Not criticising just curious as to what you know