Derek Mcinnes

pointon

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Brilliant.  It’s like the in case of fire break glass box we are all familiar with but instead of fire they’ve said lies. Takes your witty banter to a whole new level. 

:laugh:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I don't want him. 

Youth development and having a cohesive style of play is important to me. I realise other fans will differ, but after several years of watching Leveinball, I really don't want to watch McInnesball, which is a more successful version of Leveinball.  The Dons fans were every bit as depressed as we were watching the shite McInnes was serving up. I want a feeling of being on a journey to building something. McInnes does not inspire me at all. Neil would, several times over in fact. 

If what another poster posted about Alex Neil not wanting to uproot his family for a gamble, then the club should be looking at what would make this not a gamble for him. i.e what can the club do to support him. 

Neilson is a lame duck IMO as there isn't a way back from the Brora result in amongst everything else.

I'm far more open to the idea of Neil McCann now, than I was last summer. I'd like a manager who can coach his players to make them better, rather than a manager that signs his way out of trouble with 28 year olds we can't sell on for money. 

1.) Alex Neil - Proven track record working with young players

2.) Stephen Robinson - Motherwells academy has been generating talent hand over fist. He's not shirked playing them and seems a steady hand. 

3.) Neil McCann - I think he's got an attacking philosophy and could be an interesting curveball

4.) Daniel Stendel  - I think we made an error letting him go. He was dealt a shit hand and deserved more support. I doubt he'd return or Budge would swallow her pride. But I'd certainly like to see him given a full summer window to rebuild the squad as he intended to do. 

Spot on. Strange Neil doesn’t want to uproot his family, it’s part of the job. If it was a big enough club surely he would do it, if a Premiership club from London wanted him he would surely go. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you not remember? Rangers weren’t there for three years. We were in admin then down below with Hibs. He had a few years to build up a squad and did it that well, as Levein did in first spell. Neilson did it too first time around. The football was awful though, as was Aberdeen’s these last few years. The Aberdeen fans en masse have wanted rid of him for years, boring long ball defensive football. Sound familiar?

Ah,  the old "the direct competition were shite therefore there's no competition" argument. 

1 hour ago, jager man said:

Can't understand some folk on hear slating McInnes for his ability as a football manager. We have just witnessed pretty much five of eye bleeding football while Aberdeen have qualified for European football everyone of these years. They have also pushed Celtic on the  occasional season past Christmas.  What is it people want in a Hearts manager?  Roll on with the abuse I'm ready.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Had he not stopped playing Shay Logan as well? and we've just signed Shay Logan 😂

Dave McCormack did

Logan was won of his go to players

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Ah,  the old "the direct competition were shite therefore there's no competition" argument. 

You only have to look at us this season to see why having little competition can help you without doing anything great.

Why don’t you just comment on why you think he would be a good manager.

I bet you were happy Levein and then Neilson came back to the club? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

I think McInnesd could be perfect. I daundered on the idea at first but the more I think of it the more it makes sense. 

He took over Aberdeen when the were on the decline and built then up to the team they are now quite quickly. He seems to make the correct signings 8 or 9 times out of 10 and is good at giving youth a chance. 

He has a great record of top 4 finishes and has been to Hampden 9 times. Yes he only won the league Cup once, but who knows what he could achieve with a different team and new and better facilities. Im all for giving him a chance, could be the perfect fit for us just now. 

The "went stale" at Aberdeen is probably correct but he left them 4th in the Premier.

Not too shabby and a stale I could get on board with during a transitional period.

Not 100% convinced about McInnes to Hearts but I'm 100% convinced I'd be happier than I am right now.

The prospect of a summer of Robbie/Ann (with Levein in her ear) transfer activity, and the season that would follow, is making me depressed.

Edited by martoon

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on. Strange Neil doesn’t want to uproot his family, it’s part of the job. If it was a big enough club surely he would do it, if a Premiership club from London wanted him he would surely go. 

He will earn at least double what we could pay him at virtually every championship club and a good few league 1 clubs. If he comes back up here he probably won’t get another chance down south. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

He will earn at least double what we could pay him at virtually every championship club and a good few league 1 clubs. If he comes back up here he probably won’t get another chance down south. 

Yeah but they’re not all close to Preston are they? So if he came up here and was a success at Hearts or Celtic he wouldn’t get another job down south EVER. 
Get back to trying to make excuses for Budge. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

The "went stale" at Aberdeen is probably correct but he left them 4th in the Premier.

Not too shabby and a stale I could get on board with during a transitional period.

Not 100% convinced about McInnes to Hearts but I'm 100% convinced I'd be happier than I am right now.

The prospect of a summer of Robbie/Ann (with Levein in her ear) transfer activity, and the season that would follow, is making me depressed.

I tend to agree with that. 

Although i would consider it a lazy appointment, he's obviously better than what we have. 

Aberdeen were dug shite for a long time before McInnes took over. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but they’re not all close to Preston are they? So if he came up here and was a success at Hearts or Celtic he wouldn’t get another job down south EVER. 
Get back to trying to make excuses for Budge. 

Don’t like the truth I presume. Lots of championship and league 1 clubs within easy commute of Preston, assuming that’s where he lives. Scottish football, other than 2 clubs, is a managerial backwater. 

I cannot believe the antipathy towards McInnes from so many of our fans. His record at Aberdeen over the last 8 years compares favourably to most managers Hearts have had over the last 30 years. As things stand we are a championship club with a lot of very mediocre players who have just had the worst result in our history. Would I take a couple of seasons of "only" finishing third in the top league, qualifying for Europe, playing effective, if not spectacular football? Yes please. I sometimes wonder what some of my fellow fans actually expect?  

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think there are a lot of people up here don’t realise the wealth of the English Championship, it’s in the top ten richest leagues. 
Also a lot of clubs are bigger than people appreciate. Bristol City are a good example, years since any success and troubling the top league with their presence. Only been in the top league twice in their history and not since the 70’s but they’ve a 27k stadium and average crowds of over 20k. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Derek Mcinnes got decent track record signing players , improving them and they go onto bigger and better things

He isn't earth shattering but he knows what he wants and what you need to compete in the SPFL.Have said it before last few weeks on here Neilson doesn't seem to have a clue why he is signing players.McInnes would come in and he would want two big centrebacks , a couple of wingers that get to the byline and cross and 3 grafters in midfield that can play a little.Robbie would need about 15 players and none would end up playing the role they were initially signed to play.

heartsfc_fan

I'd take McIness. A sadly eddie type that will make us a consistent top 4 team that we've not been in a while.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think there are a lot of people up here don’t realise the wealth of the English Championship, it’s in the top ten richest leagues. 
Also a lot of clubs are bigger than people appreciate. Bristol City are a good example, years since any success and troubling the top league with their presence. Only been in the top league twice in their history and not since the 70’s but they’ve a 27k stadium and average crowds of over 20k. 

Yep, very few follow the actual goings on down there. Many on here would still believe us to be bigger clubs than the likes of Bristol City. Those days are long gone. 

Rick Sanchez
31 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Genuine question. What should players call a manager?  Mr Neilson/Macinnes sounds like being at school.  'Gaffer'/'boss' in this day and age sounds pretty odd too.

Calling someone by their first name is the norm for me.

Mcinnes - wouldn't be gutted given his steady record but I'd rather stick with Robz

The Gaffer. The Boss. The Manager.

Never seen any Rangers call him Steven...City players call him Pep...Arsenal players Mikel.

You can either pull it off or you can't. Neilson ain't respected IMO.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t like the truth I presume. Lots of championship and league 1 clubs within easy commute of Preston, assuming that’s where he lives. Scottish football, other than 2 clubs, is a managerial backwater. 

Scottish football is a backwater, not helped by the acceptance of poorly run clubs managed by mugs like Levein and Neilson. 
As for Preston being within easy driving distance of lots of clubs you are narrowing your possibilities if you are unwilling to move was the point that you missed. 
Im sure Brendan Rodgers, Steven Gerrard and now Eddie Howe were prepared to move. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Having been at the stadium I can confirm it’s head and shoulders above ours. Barely any queuing to get food and drink even at halftime. Was extremely impressed. 

Not convinced McInnes is what we need as our saviour to this mess.

I'd rather another Stendel-like appointment. At least the football was fun (6th on the form table since the turn of the year) and he got a song within weeks of being here. Why don't we have songs for Neilson or Levein?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd rather another Stendel-like appointment. At least the football was fun (6th on the form table since the turn of the year) and he got a song within weeks of being here. Why don't we have songs for Neilson or Levein?

We do. 😉

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Craig Levein’s Barmy Army was often the chant on The Dickens bus during his first spell in charge. 

The_razors_edge
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think there was someone on another thread that had stated that DMs sidekick (Tony Docherty?) had been seen taking in our last game 🤷‍♂️

That was me. He took in our game against Arbroath. My mate plays for Arbroath. For the record I wouldn’t want McInnes. Said on another thread I’d love us to sound out Duncan Ferguson. See if he fancies a crack at being the main man. 

Edited by The_razors_edge

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Craig Levein’s Barmy Army was often the chant on The Dickens bus during his first spell in charge. 

Sorry I should specify I mean the Budge era

Just now, DH1986 said:

I would give my left arm for a manager with a track record anywhere near that of Derek McInnes.

Do you think he’d do the same for us?

3 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Not enough of an upgrade to warrant the money involved in getting rid of the rest plus the wage he would want.

Where I am. At least we wouldn’t be shocked by entertainment 

Edited by Jamhammer

I was listening to Talksport talking about Barnsley on the way home - described a young, keen, fit team who play pressing game...They sacked Stendel but still play his style it seems.

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I would give my left arm for a manager with a track record anywhere near that of Derek McInnes.

:spoton:

Just now, GinRummy said:

Do you think he’d do the same for us?

I think he’d definitely drag us back up a good 7 or 8 positions with a season if given the adequate backing. 

A top 4 finish for us is almost like a World Cup win considering where we’ve been in the last 5 or 6 years. We have one hell of a rebuild needed and McInnes has a very decent record in player recruitment.

There are definitely more pros than cons for hiring McInnes imo.

I`m caught in the middle with my thoughts.  Hearts need to learn to walk before they can run again. McInnes would be a solid appointment if not spectacular.  A manager with a recent track record, not someone who strutted his stuff 15 years ago and wants back in the game.

People point to his failings in big games or against the Old Firm, but does that necessarily mean it`ll happen at Hearts? We have a different DNA to the Sheep. The passion we can show would be something McInnes would buy into. We failed in many big games ourselves without McInnes and i know that`s not necessarily the point, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Can Hearts afford to miss the bus on what would probably be a decent stabilising appointment?  

The Shed Floodlight
20 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

That was me. He took in our game against Arbroath. My mate plays for Arbroath. For the record I wouldn’t want McInnes. Said on another thread I’d love us to sound out Duncan Ferguson. See if he fancies a crack at being the main man. 

Ferguson will never leave Everton, he is learning more from the Italian in charge, and will be the manager down at Everton when Ancelloti moves on. 

51 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me too.  The number of season tickets sold will also be impacted.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think he’d definitely drag us back up a good 7 or 8 positions with a season if given the adequate backing. 

A top 4 finish for us is almost like a World Cup win considering where we’ve been in the last 5 or 6 years. We have one hell of a rebuild needed and McInnes has a very decent record in player recruitment.

There are definitely more pros than cons for hiring McInnes imo.

It’s how it ended for him at Aberdeen that concerns me a bit. Safety first, mind numbing football. Hopefully it just went a bit stale for him there. His appointment would make sense on a lot of levels but I do have some concerns. No least that his best days are behind him regardless of where he ends up. Equally he could relish the new challenge and stabilise us the way he stabilised Aberdeen, which seems an attractive prospect just now. I’m torn tbh. 

Edited by GinRummy

Greedy Jambo

Just get him in the now, feck it. 

No daft 5 year plans though. 

We have a squad full of under performing players, I'm sure we'd be better under him after a couple of months. 

5 or 6 players out/in and bobs yer uncle. 

Class of 75

Generally favourable appointment. The only thing is what happens if he comes in and upsets the cosy little set up that Budge has at the moment, just like Stendel did? Both Levein and Neilson were safe appointments as they won't rock the boat and were/are part of the problem. Stendel came in and tried to change things and although record was not that great got booted out for ultimately challenging Budge. Totally behind getting rid of the imposter Neilson and moving forward but I wonder how keen Budge will be. 

Edited by Class of 75

Just now, Yoda said:

Me too.  The number of season tickets sold will also be impacted.

This is a factor. I have no doubt. If RN is not given his jotters ST sales will be down. The right appointment would see an upturn. I’m not sold on Macinnes but we could do worse.

That’s about where my whelmmeter is

Aussie Jambo

Football Managers Out of Work Right Now*

• Aitor Karanka
  • Alex Dyer
  • Alex McLeish
  • André Villas-Boas
  • Billy Davies
  • Bruno Lage
  • Chris Coleman
  • Chris Wilder
  • David Hopkin
  • David Wagner
  • Dean Holden
  • Derek McInnes
  • Eddie Howe
  • Ernesto Valverde
  • Frank Lampard
  • Gary Caldwell
  • Garry Monk
  • Graham Westley
  • Gus Poyet
  • Harry Kewell
  • Ian Holloway
  • Jason Tindall
  • Jim McIntyre
  • John McGreal
  • Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Kenny Jackett
  • Leonardo Jardim
  • Lucien Favre
  • Luciano Spalletti
  • Marco Silva
  • Mark Hughes
  • Martin Allen
  • Massimiliano Allegri
  • Maurizio Sarri
  • Micky Adams
  • Neal Ardley
  • Neil Harris
  • Neil Lennon
  • Nigel Worthington
  • Oscar Garcia
  • Patrick Viera
  • Paul Clement
  • Paul Dickov
  • Paul Lambert
  • Paul Peschisolido
  • Paul Tisdale
  • Peter Bosz
  • Phil Brown
  • Phil Parkinson
  • Phillip Cocu
  • Philippe Montanier
  • Quique Sánchez Flores
  • Quique Setién
  • Rafa Benitez
  • Richard Money
  • Richie Wellens
  • Robert Di Matteo
  • Ronnie Moore
  • Sean O’Driscoll
  • Sol Campbell
  • Steven Pressley
  • Stuart Kettlewell
  • Stuart McCall
  • Sylvinho
  • Tony Pulis
  • Vincenzo Montella
  • Vladimir Ivic
  • Waelter MazzarrI

*List correct at time of writing but subject to continual change

Edited by Aussie Jambo

The_razors_edge
2 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Ferguson will never leave Everton, he is learning more from the Italian in charge, and will be the manager down at Everton when Ancelloti moves on. 

Don’t lose anything by asking the question though. Could put a clause in his contract allowing him to go to Everton if they want him. 

Greedy Jambo

Mind Harry Kewell wanted the hibs job...

No idea if he's any sort of manager, but that would be some story if he came here turned us into a good football team. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Probably but it’s the kind of guy we should be looking at, Savage must have some ideas and Input into the C next appointment. 

Aussie Jambo
6 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Football Managers Out of Work Right Now*

• Aitor Karanka
  • Alex Dyer
  • Alex McLeish
  • André Villas-Boas
  • Billy Davies
  • Bruno Lage
  • Chris Coleman
  • Chris Wilder
  • David Hopkin
  • David Wagner
  • Dean Holden
  • Derek McInnes
  • Eddie Howe
  • Ernesto Valverde
  • Frank Lampard
  • Gary Caldwell
  • Garry Monk
  • Graham Westley
  • Gus Poyet
  • Harry Kewell
  • Ian Holloway
  • Jason Tindall
  • Jim McIntyre
  • John McGreal
  • Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Kenny Jackett
  • Leonardo Jardim
  • Lucien Favre
  • Luciano Spalletti
  • Marco Silva
  • Mark Hughes
  • Martin Allen
  • Massimiliano Allegri
  • Maurizio Sarri
  • Micky Adams
  • Neal Ardley
  • Neil Harris
  • Neil Lennon
  • Nigel Worthington
  • Oscar Garcia
  • Patrick Viera
  • Paul Clement
  • Paul Dickov
  • Paul Lambert
  • Paul Peschisolido
  • Paul Tisdale
  • Peter Bosz
  • Phil Brown
  • Phil Parkinson
  • Phillip Cocu
  • Philippe Montanier
  • Quique Sánchez Flores
  • Quique Setién
  • Rafa Benitez
  • Richard Money
  • Richie Wellens
  • Robert Di Matteo
  • Ronnie Moore
  • Sean O’Driscoll
  • Sol Campbell
  • Steven Pressley
  • Stuart Kettlewell
  • Stuart McCall
  • Sylvinho
  • Tony Pulis
  • Vincenzo Montella
  • Vladimir Ivic
  • Waelter MazzarrI

*List correct at time of writing but subject to continual change

Few that stick out:

Pressley

Lambert (if we could afford him)

Sol Campbell (worth s pint)

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

FFS.

Dont want that Hun anywhere near us

What a narrow minded typically Scottish football unambitious move that would be.

Excluding someone because they are a hun isn’t narrow minded at all right enough 😒

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s how it ended for him at Aberdeen that concerns me a bit. Safety first, mind numbing football. Hopefully it just went a bit stale for him there. His appointment would make sense on a lot of levels but I do have some concerns. No least that his best days are behind him regardless of where he ends up. Equally he could relish the new challenge end stabilise us the way he stabilised Aberdeen, which seems an attractive prospect just now. I’m torn tbh. 

There isn’t a perfect manager out there for us imo......we don’t have the dough to get a Burley and sign players of the quality he did.....so we need to be realistic.

Like you say....we need stability and McInnes has the least risky track record and from any realistic names I’ve seen banded about.