Derek Mcinnes

pointon

A poll would be nice to see where the bulk of the support lies if anyone is feeling keen.

Derek McInnes

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Stephen Robinson

Robbie Neilson

(Other, please list)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Back off my mindset big man.

Never mentioned high press. High energy and aggression. Any style of football needs it and we totally lack it. Any successful style I can think of means playing quickly too whether that's running or moving the ball. We do none of this.

Might this be the only thing you agree with anyone on jkb about??

spot on. Any successful team at any level has energy and aggression. It’s not too much to expect that as the bare minimum.

Our players all stand about and wait for someone else to do something. No will to win, no desire, nobody taking any responsibility.

Edited by Byyy The Light

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

How much was McInnes earning at your club? 

I don’t know specifically. Lots of rumours about 17.5k a week

15 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

spot on. Any successful team at any level has energy and aggression. It’s not too much to expect that as the bare minimum.

Our players all stand about and wait for someone else to do something. No will to win, no desire, nobody taking any responsibility.

And all look instructed to play within 30 yard zones. Not sure that's the case but that's how it looks and either way an issue. Not sure whatd be worse, they've hit total freedom and refuse to use it or they're given none so can't!!!

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

😳

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That's an astronomical amount for anyone outside the OF

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

And when RN finished 3rd Hibs and Rangers were missing and he finished behind Aberdeen

And the previous season when he overachieved by two places, something McInness has never done? You kind of made the point about McInnes - he did what was expected and no more. One LC is a terrible return. I'd argue Levein's two 3rds in a row in his first spell is better than McInnes recent 2nds simply because Levein was operating in a full strength league with more competition for 3rd.

Neilson has also put Hearts where we expect to be in two seasons - 15/16 and this one. The previous season he did better than expected and the season after 15/16 he was on course to do what few Hearts managers manage and finish at least 3rd twice a row, which also would have been better than expected with both Rangers and Aberdeen spending more than us that season. He's certainly making hard work of things this season, but in more usual circumstances with proper transfer windows Neilson has proven himself a very capable Hearts manager and might again if he's allowed to rebuild this summer.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Why? 

Seemed to be a name mentioned over the years. Pretty decent record working with kids too. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Seemed to be a name mentioned over the years. Pretty decent record working with kids too. 

Think he was a serious candidate to replace Cathro. I really liked the look of him or Freedman - both seemed to fit the bill of young managers with an emphasis on developing youth.

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats about right

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thank. Surprised at that. Would mean about 10% of your wage bill goes to the manager. Certainly way too much for us to consider. Even half of that amount would means he is way above what Levein, Neilson, earned and probably even significantly more than Stendel. 

2 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

That's an astronomical amount for anyone outside the OF

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

😳

But pretty accurate

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Thank. Surprised at that. Would mean about 10% of your wage bill goes to the manager. Certainly way too much for us to consider. Even half of that amount would means he is way above what Levein, Neilson, earned and probably even significantly more than Stendel. 

One thing sorely missed by people advocating him is the return Aberdeen got for that money is pitiful

Just now, sadj said:

One thing sorely missed by people advocating him is the return Aberdeen got for that money is pitiful

Indeed. I was really surprised by the £17.5k suggestion especially  as his sidekick must have been on a fair chunk as well so probably £1.25-1.5m of a roughly £8m payroll goes to the management team. Hope we never get to that situation. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed. I was really surprised by the £17.5k suggestion especially  as his sidekick must have been on a fair chunk as well so probably £1.25-1.5m of a roughly £8m payroll goes to the management team. Hope we never get to that situation. 

Crazy money , there was something too it previously when Levein stayed on that he was considering leaving Aberdeen that summer and we were interested. 

IveSeenTheLight
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He’s not earning that now ;)

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Crazy money , there was something too it previously when Levein stayed on that he was considering leaving Aberdeen that summer and we were interested. 

Would imagine it’s him or Neil next. The Savage connection might swing it

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would imagine it’s him or Neil next. The Savage connection might swing it

I hope its not McInnes , it wont be pretty if it is. 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He’s not earning that now ;)

Missed that but his salary expectations will be set high. All depends if wants to leave Scotland. Never getting either of the two Glasgow jobs. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I hope its not McInnes , it wont be pretty if it is. 

It’s not been pretty for a long time though. Short spells when the make-up covered the blemishes but that’s football. A day in May 2012 covered up a very ugly season. 

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Missed that but his salary expectations will be set high. All depends if wants to leave Scotland. Never getting either of the two Glasgow jobs. 

We doubt he’d get a decent offer down south, hence why we think Hearts or Scotland when Clarke moves in as the most likely destinations

IveSeenTheLight
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, I’m assuming that was pre-Covid earnings. 

Pre mutual agreement payoff

Gerd Muller
18 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Led to believe that Mcinnes and alex Neil have both had unofficial discussions on their future plans with members of the board. Budge wouldn’t have talks behind Robbie’s back due to their good working relationship. Also From what I have been told drop points against Dunfermline and Robbie will almost certainly be gone. Will be interesting to see if she actually finally shows the bottle and pulls the trigger 👍🏻

Points dropped. Neilson needs to go. But nothing will be done until we are 2nd bottom by October next season. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Please ****ing tell me, given our current plight there arent hearts fans who would turn their noses up at a manager who has turned  Aberdeen from a complete joke to a team who now expect to finish third to the extent that they sacked him when he was 4th. He finished in Europe every season. made them millions in transfer fees, bought good young players and actually developed good young players and brought them into the side.  And every ****ing week they gave 100%

hearts are the ****ing joke now - I’d be ****ing ecstatic to get anywhere near Aberdeen right now.  please tell me  hearts fans don’t actually hold this option.! If you do you are absolutely bizarre.

who the **** would you want? Becuase other than Alex Neil there is no another candidate who’s be better suited for the job 

Don't agree mate, DM was gradually getting worse at aberdeen, alot of his "success" came from us, rangers and hibs being out of the top flight for several seasons each, his football this season has led to a lot of the dons fans branding his football as turgid and one dimensional, they never scored for like 9 or 10 games or something before he was sacked, he would have us steady imo but no more than that. I want someone of a better standard, someone that would galvanise the whole club and take us up a level.

shaun.lawson

I don't want McInnes. I think he'd have been the right man to replace Levein and steady the ship. But the ship doesn't need steadying now. It needs transforming with a very different approach. 

But some amount of nonsense has been written about him on the last couple of pages. Some amount of nonsense. 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th and 4th is undreamt of consistency for any non-Old Firm club - and before he was appointed, Aberdeen were finishing 8th and 9th all the time. 

"Inherited a good squad from Paw Broon" said someone above. So why did Paw Broon finish 9th with that squad?! "But Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were all a joke". Right then - I hereby dismiss Jim Jefferies' entire league record at Hearts. Because Hibs got relegated, Aberdeen couldn't afford a toaster and finished bottom, and who else was there to beat outside Glasgow? Or is it somehow different, because it was Hearts?

At Aberdeen, McInnes committed the obviously disgraceful crime of not being able to seriously challenge a totally dominant Celtic spending orders of magnitude more than them who won 11 trophies out of 11 - and in 2016/17, they finished 2nd in all three competitions to the best Celtic side since O'Neill's time. Picking up 76 points too, which was excellent. Someone wrote above that Levein's two third place finishes were better than McInnes four second places in a row. What a load of absolute one-eyed drivel.

As for what he was being paid: first, an Aberdeen fan posted a rumour which was immediately leapt on as fact. Laughable. Second: Sunderland wanted him and he was very heavily linked with Rangers too. To keep him, of course Aberdeen had to put his salary up. It's how it works in all industries. 

Most managers don't last more than three years or so at any club nowadays. Very very few go on longer than 5 years. McInnes was there for 8 years. That's remarkable - and his consistency and constant European qualifications is why. Consistency and constant European qualifications which Aberdeen were a million miles away before they appointed him.

shaun.lawson

I do want Alex Neil. He's young, bright, takes no nonsense and has a progressive approach. However...

1. Hamilton have constantly stayed up since he left, which makes his achievements there look considerably less miraculous than they did at the time.

2. At Norwich, he walked into the most expensively assembled squad in the Championship: one built for promotion. All he did was lead it properly. The following season, his and Frankie McAvoy's training/fitness regime got horribly found out - Norwich were out on our feet by January, and were doing less running per match than any other club.

We wasted an absolute shitload of dosh on Steven Naismith (sound familiar?) - and after his first match, a Keystone Kops 5-4 home defeat by Liverpool, it was instantly apparent that he totally unbalanced the side. Cue meltdown. 11 points from our last 18 games - including 1 point from 9 games.

Then the following season, he failed, miserably. A club which couldn't afford not to go straight back up finished 8th, and embarrassed itself repeatedly. Exit Alex. 

3. At Preston, he did mostly fine - but never pulled up any trees, never got into the top 6, and was very dispirited by the end of his time there.

Nothing above suggests he's an outstanding candidate at all. McInnes' record pisses all over his. I want him because I think he's still hungry and needs to reinvent himself - and as he likely won't get another job in the English Championship, he needs us as much as we need him in my view. 

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't want McInnes. I think he'd have been the right man to replace Levein and steady the ship. But the ship doesn't need steadying now. It needs transforming with a very different approach. 

But some amount of nonsense has been written about him on the last couple of pages. Some amount of nonsense. 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th and 4th is undreamt of consistency for any non-Old Firm club - and before he was appointed, Aberdeen were finishing 8th and 9th all the time. 

"Inherited a good squad from Paw Broon" said someone above. So why did Paw Broon finish 9th with that squad?! "But Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were all a joke". Right then - I hereby dismiss Jim Jefferies' entire league record at Hearts. Because Hibs got relegated, Aberdeen couldn't afford a toaster and finished bottom, and who else was there to beat outside Glasgow? Or is it somehow different, because it was Hearts?

At Aberdeen, McInnes committed the obviously disgraceful crime of not being able to seriously challenge a totally dominant Celtic spending orders of magnitude more than them who won 11 trophies out of 11 - and in 2016/17, they finished 2nd in all three competitions to the best Celtic side since O'Neill's time. Picking up 76 points too, which was excellent. Someone wrote above that Levein's two third place finishes were better than McInnes four second places in a row. What a load of absolute one-eyed drivel.

As for what he was being paid: first, an Aberdeen fan posted a rumour which was immediately leapt on as fact. Laughable. Second: Sunderland wanted him and he was very heavily linked with Rangers too. To keep him, of course Aberdeen had to put his salary up. It's how it works in all industries. 

Most managers don't last more than three years or so at any club nowadays. Very very few go on longer than 5 years. McInnes was there for 8 years. That's remarkable - and his consistency and constant European qualifications is why. Consistency and constant European qualifications which Aberdeen were a million miles away before they appointed him.

for me there is no point replacing neilson unless the replacement is much better. Sometimes it can come down to timing and who is available. When Levein went Ross and Stendel were free and we went for the latter. Obviously this time Neil and Mcinnes are both out of work so must be contender if interested. We would have to pay large amounts of compensation to get rid of our 

management team but due to the fact these 2 are available then it’s a no brainer. Think Neil will hold out for an English championship post. Mcinnes for me is an upgrade on neilson 

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

For someone who doesn't want McInnes, you make a good argument for him!

Personally, I'm almost at the point of anyone. With RN we have reverted to type i.e. Leveinball.

I reckon McInnes would be an improvement, for how long...? Well, who knows?

19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

👍great post. 

9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I do want Alex Neil. He's young, bright, takes no nonsense and has a progressive approach. However...

1. Hamilton have constantly stayed up since he left, which makes his achievements there look considerably less miraculous than they did at the time.

2. At Norwich, he walked into the most expensively assembled squad in the Championship: one built for promotion. All he did was lead it properly. The following season, his and Frankie McAvoy's training/fitness regime got horribly found out - Norwich were out on our feet by January, and were doing less running per match than any other club.

We wasted an absolute shitload of dosh on Steven Naismith (sound familiar?) - and after his first match, a Keystone Kops 5-4 home defeat by Liverpool, it was instantly apparent that he totally unbalanced the side. Cue meltdown. 11 points from our last 18 games - including 1 point from 9 games.

Then the following season, he failed, miserably. A club which couldn't afford not to go straight back up finished 8th, and embarrassed itself repeatedly. Exit Alex. 

3. At Preston, he did mostly fine - but never pulled up any trees, never got into the top 6, and was very dispirited by the end of his time there.

Nothing above suggests he's an outstanding candidate at all. McInnes' record pisses all over his. I want him because I think he's still hungry and needs to reinvent himself - and as he likely won't get another job in the English Championship, he needs us as much as we need him in my view. 

🤔not so great post. Factually very correct, don’t like first sentence. 

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Boris said:

For someone who doesn't want McInnes, you make a good argument for him!

Personally, I'm almost at the point of anyone. With RN we have reverted to type i.e. Leveinball.

I reckon McInnes would be an improvement, for how long...? Well, who knows?

I see it like this. The club, on the pitch at least, is rotten and has been for years. That means we need to rip it all up and start again with a very different approach.

You could compare it with the decline under Jordan, Clark (he was very harshly treated mind you) and the Hamster: which was so serious that it continued under JJ initially. But Jim, a young hungry manager, had all sorts of brilliant new ideas around youth and Bosman signings, tore it all up, and transformed us. 

We need some 2021 version of what Jim Jefferies was back then. Neil looks like a close fit to me in that sense.

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I see it like this. The club, on the pitch at least, is rotten and has been for years. That means we need to rip it all up and start again with a very different approach.

You could compare it with the decline under Jordan, Clark (he was very harshly treated mind you) and the Hamster: which was so serious that it continued under JJ initially. But Jim, a young hungry manager, had all sorts of brilliant new ideas around youth and Bosman signings, tore it all up, and transformed us. 

We need some 2021 version of what Jim Jefferies was back then. Neil looks like a close fit to me in that sense.

I thought Clark was harshly treated too. Brought youngsters through also

the plus point is savage and Neil worked together previously and will have knowledge of who is available 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I thought Clark was harshly treated too. Brought youngsters through also

the plus point is savage and Neil worked together previously and will have knowledge of who is available 

Exactly. When any club has a DoF, they must be on the same page as the head coach.

Greedy Jambo

The DOF or the SD needs to be involved in the recruitment of the manager. 

What has savage been involved in? 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Exactly. When any club has a DoF, they must be on the same page as the head coach.

this. I felt Stendel wouldn’t work since Levein and McPhee were both around.maybe McCann would have fitted in more. I personally wanted Robinson in before so maybe he could be on the reserve list

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The DOF or the SD needs to be involved in the recruitment of the manager. 

What has savage been involved in? 

Pretty sure Savage will have been working on our player recruitment for next season.....but you surely can’t expect a weekly or monthly update on this ?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, DH1986 said:

Pretty sure Savage will have been working on our player recruitment for next season.....but you surely can’t expect a weekly or monthly update on this ?

So he's basically just the head scout? 

What's John Murray doing? 

Who does Robbie answer to? 

I've learned to no expect anything from Hearts, never mind monthly updates.

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So he's basically just the head scout? 

What's John Murray doing? 

Who does Robbie answer to? 

I've learned to no expect anything from Hearts, never mind monthly updates.

Ok.

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

:rofl:

It's true though. innit?

What’s true ?

When have we ever in our history had regular updates from the people behind the scenes working on player recruitment?