Prince Buaben

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think that Hamilton will now do enough to take the Championship. Whatever Mercedes have done to that car, it’s straight line speed should dominate the last 3 tracks. 
For me, the significant happenings in the season have been the 2 races that Verstappen didn’t score any points due to being taken out by a Mercedes car. Hamilton at Silverstone and Bottas not long after that incident, when he managed to take out both Red Bull cars.

It’s all part of the game, of course, but if Hamilton had been on the wrong end of those incidents, he would still be reminding everyone. 

Another significant incident was when Hamilton was taken out by Verstappen at Monza, although both cars were unable to continue. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Max is dangerous and will end up killing someone if allowed to continue his current driving style. You can't barge or crash into the other guy ever chance you get. 

He lost Turn 4, made a crazy lunge and shoved LH off. MV's onboard will never see the light of day. FIA are corrupt and hiding the evidence on this one. Show us the steering wheel video! Because he straightened up to take out Lewis.

Red Bull get to replace a damaged wing in parc ferme the last 3 races. When they admit LH's is damaged this race, they DQ him (whilst RB fix MVs wing once again). They still haven't returned the wing or let Merc inspect it. 

The fix is in and Max is a cheat.

17 minutes ago, Phage said:

Max is dangerous and will end up killing someone if allowed to continue his current driving style. You can't barge or crash into the other guy ever chance you get. 

He lost Turn 4, made a crazy lunge and shoved LH off. MV's onboard will never see the light of day. FIA are corrupt and hiding the evidence on this one. Show us the steering wheel video! Because he straightened up to take out Lewis.

Red Bull get to replace a damaged wing in parc ferme the last 3 races. When they admit LH's is damaged this race, they DQ him (whilst RB fix MVs wing once again). They still haven't returned the wing or let Merc inspect it. 

😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Another significant incident was when Hamilton was taken out by Verstappen at Monza, although both cars were unable to continue. 

Verstappen also crashed at Baku as a result of Red Bull reducing his tyre pressures to gain at advantage. 

Hamilton threw away 25 points there by a mistake when the race was his to win. 

But that could be the one Red Bull look back on. 

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes.

A bit of retribution from Verstappen there. He was clearly still annoyed about Silverstone and what he thought were over jubilant victory celebrations by Hamilton whilst he was still being examined in hospital.

8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not really a fan of formula 1 but just watched the highlights. Hamilton is absolutely incredible. A born winner. 

Hard to argue that he isn't the greatest ever.

Every time i return to this thread I end up saying "This season has been tremendous" or similar... this time is no different. 

This season has been absolutely amazing. 

Botas had a great drive on Saturday but this was surpassed by Hamilton's yesterday. Just wow. 

I am not a Hamilton fan but he is just superb. I like Verstappen and that he has continually improved over the last 2 years. He's def capable of becoming world champion. 

Def looked like Max pushed Hamilton off the road but i'm assuming the telemetry data that the FIA receive from the cars showed that Max did make some (albeit very little) effort to move the steering wheel. I think it was more of a racing incident than many people want to admit. 

46 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Every time i return to this thread I end up saying "This season has been tremendous" or similar... this time is no different. 

Botas had a great drive on Saturday but this was surpassed by Hamilton's yesterday. Just wow. 

I am not a Hamilton fan but he is just superb. I like Verstappen and that he has continually improved over the last 2 years. He's def capable of becoming world champion. 

Def looked like Max pushed Hamilton off the road but i'm assuming the telemetry data that the FIA receive from the cars showed that Max did make some (albeit very little) effort to move the steering wheel. I think it was more of a racing incident than many people want to admit. 

The incident was only 'noted' and not investigated. So they wont have the telemetry data.

No one has seen the on board footage but that has been requested also.

They can still investigate the incident and get all the data/footage to make a proper decision.

I think it's pretty clear. Will be a retrospective 5 second penalty that means nothing now the race has finished as it did.

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

I thought Max got a little bit lucky there.

Equally their logic (iirc) for the Monza crash was that despite it being caused by Hamilton opening the steering Max was to blame as he could have backed out or ran wide to avoid contact so with plenty of space to run wide it was really the only option left to Hamilton to take to avoid risking a similar outcome.

Personally I felt Hamilton was to blame at Monza, and that Verstappen would have been to blame on Sunday but I guess the FIA view it in a different fashion.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

The rules around replacing engine components are a complete nonsense.

Given the huge power advantage a new ICE seems to provide, what's to stop Lewis taking a new one at each of the last three races...?

(This assumes another three ICEs doesn't take Mercedes over the cost cap, which it most likely wouldn't).

New engine components should only be allowed when all the other allocation have suffered failures/damage.

Teams shouldn't be able to pick and choose when they fit additional components.

6 hours ago, Phage said:

The incident was only 'noted' and not investigated. So they wont have the telemetry data.

No one has seen the on board footage but that has been requested also.

They can still investigate the incident and get all the data/footage to make a proper decision.

I think it's pretty clear. Will be a retrospective 5 second penalty that means nothing now the race has finished as it did.

A 5 second penalty would demote him to 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

A 5 second penalty would demote him to 3rd.

I never realised Bottas closed the gap. Oh well no investigation required I guess

Looks like the F1 Stewards are rapidly gaining the same kind of reputation for consistent application of the rules and regulations that out beloved referees in Scotland have. Who referees the referees?

On 14/11/2021 at 21:46, Phage said:

https://fb.watch/9jrABXqv8M/

There you go. Think Max done about as much as he could to return to the track. Don't think his wheels agreed.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

There you go. Think Max done about as much as he could to return to the track. Don't think his wheels agreed.

On watching it back, MV didn't apply sufficient steering to turn the corner until he was already in the middle of the track.  Had he made the corner without going off track then I would have some sympathy for his argument, but the fact that he went off suggests that he either deliberately ran wide, or made a bad misjudgment.  Regardless of the which of the two is the correct one, he gained an advantage by forcing LH further off track and should have been penalised accordingly.

Anthony Davidson commented in the review program that the wheels / tyres didn't lock up so were not being stressed far enough for MV not to be in full control.

Lewis broke in time in order to take the corner and he was ahead.  Max decided to not break in time and would not have made the corner.  He chose to not break in time because he knew it would lose him the lead.  He chose to almost crash in Lewis. 

If you watch the link Hughesie put up, you can see Lewis was well ahead before he started to break. 

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

"As much as he could to return to track" LOL What a laugh! Barely turning the wheel. 

He lunged late, from behind, forced another driver off, barely made an effort to make the corner.

If he had slid and tried all he could, lunging from behind into a driver (or forcing a driver off) is still a penalty.

He is a dangerous driver and will keep trying to crash into anyone that gets close to him.

On 16/11/2021 at 16:41, hughesie27 said:

Mercedes have asked for the incident to be reviewed again.

There will be a meeting with drivers to discuss incident. I'm sure there will be questions including whether Hamilton should have let Verstappen crash into him. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

There will be a meeting with drivers to discuss incident. I'm sure there will be questions including whether Hamilton should have let Verstappen crash into him. 

If Hamilton had let him crash into him it would have been very similar to Silverstone where one driver shot up the inside and was unable to break in time to make the apex of the corner.

If Hamilton had been leading the drivers championship I'm not 100% convinced we'd have seen the same outcome...

Edited by Taffin

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious situation.

I did wonder last week if 3 pole positions would be enough to win the Championship.

What will Red Bull do? 

They've got themselves into more of a pickle with Checo down in 11th.

I reckon they might get him to push all out on his soft tyres to try and stay in the pit window of Lewis and then put him on the hard tyre early before then trying an undercut with Max. That said think they'll be hard pushed to do anything as I can see Max being too far back come the pit stops for it to work given his speed deficit.

They'll probably do something totally different and much smarter and I'll be proven to know very little about race strategies 😂😂

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They've got themselves into more of a pickle with Checo down in 11th.

I reckon they might get him to push all out on his soft tyres to try and stay in the pit window of Lewis and then put him on the hard tyre early before then trying an undercut with Max. That said think they'll be hard pushed to do anything as I can see Max being too far back come the pit stops for it to work given his speed deficit.

They'll probably do something totally different and much smarter and I'll be proven to know very little about race strategies 😂😂

Tell Checo to drop back and then take Hamilton out when he tries to lap him? ;)

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

it worked well earlier in the season when bottas did the same to both red bulls

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:naughty:

It will be interesting to see what role Gasly plays in it all as well. Maybe he'll take Bottas out!

13 hours ago, redjambo said:

13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it worked well earlier in the season when bottas did the same to both red bulls

More scope for that perhaps 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More scope for that perhaps 

Andrew Benson is an absolute knob. Awful F1 writer who basically uses the BBC website as a Hamilton fan page. 

it is now hamiltons race to lose with verstappen getting a 5 place grid penalty for not repsecting doube waved yellows. bottas gets a 3 place penalty for not repecting yellow flags

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Andrew Benson is an absolute knob. Awful F1 writer who basically uses the BBC website as a Hamilton fan page. 

It's what the BBC does with international competition for many sports. It may come as a surprise to many that women were playing tennis competitively for many years before Emma Raducanu arrived on the scene.

On 15/11/2021 at 18:00, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

The rules around replacing engine components are a complete nonsense.

Given the huge power advantage a new ICE seems to provide, what's to stop Lewis taking a new one at each of the last three races...?

(This assumes another three ICEs doesn't take Mercedes over the cost cap, which it most likely wouldn't).

New engine components should only be allowed when all the other allocation have suffered failures/damage.

Teams shouldn't be able to pick and choose when they fit additional components.

Seems Mercedes are using the old engine today and keeping the new one for last 2 races. 

Have the stewards corrected last week's decision. Using any accuse.

Edited by Mikey1874

I P Knightley
45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I would absolutely love to see Hamilton snatch the world title from Verstappen’s hands. 

Me too.

I'm not particularly pro-Hamilton but Verstappen has to be the sportsman who gets my back up the most in the whole, wide world. And for no real reason. Him being successful just puts me in a bad mood. And Christian Horner isn't a mile behind him in those stakes, whereas I like the cut of Toto Wolff's gib.

There’s a more than decent chance that if Hamilton gets away clearly at the start the 3 behind are more than capable of taking each other out clearing the way for Bottas to dawdle round for a couple of hours. 

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There’s a more than decent chance that if Hamilton gets away clearly at the start the 3 behind are more than capable of taking each other out clearing the way for Bottas to dawdle round for a couple of hours. 

Alonso is a decent road block. Starting in 3rd with Norris behind and then Botty could create quite a queue which would frustrate Verstappen.

edit - I typed this half an hour ago and only just pressed 'post' before switching on the coverage!

Edited by I P Knightley

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Alonso first podium for 7 years. Well done.

my driver of the day just in front of perez

verstappen limited the damage and got lucky with the VSC at the end to stop hamilton getting fastest lap

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

verstappen limited the damage and got lucky with the VSC at the end to stop hamilton getting fastest lap

I’m not sure he would have got anywhere near that fastest lap time. Verstappen took about a second off the time he had already for fastest lap. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I’m not sure he would have got anywhere near that fastest lap time. Verstappen took about a second off the time he had already for fastest lap. 

i was meaning more that hamilton did not get the chance at the end to at least try and get fastest lap as he had started the final lap before the VSC ended. I do agree MV probably would have just nailed a faster lap if LH had got one at the end

Footballfirst

I think that the rules around setting the fastest lap need tightened up to stop the nonsense of only switching onto new tyres to gain a point in the last lap or two.

Just set a rule that the fastest lap cannot be set by anyone who has changed their tyres within the last 10 laps of the race or specific distance.  That would make the fastest lap more of an equal challenge for all drivers in race conditions, rather than default to a driver that has a pit stop in hand and can put of the softest tyre for a "qualifying" type lap.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the rules around setting the fastest lap need tightened up to stop the nonsense of only switching onto new tyres to gain a point in the last lap or two.

Just set a rule that the fastest lap cannot be set by anyone who has changed their tyres within the last 10 laps of the race or specific distance.  That would make the fastest lap more of an equal challenge for all drivers in race conditions, rather than default to a driver that has a pit stop in hand and can put of the softest tyre for a "qualifying" type lap.

it would not have affected today as MV had the fastest lap before he changed, then he lowered it further on his final lap.

Footballfirst

it would not have affected today as MV had the fastest lap before he changed, then he lowered it further on his final lap.

I appreciate that, but his earlier fastest lap would have been achieved in a situation that reflected race conditions, rather  than a qualifying type run.

My suggestion was not about being pro or anti towards Mercedes or Red Bull. It was simply to stop the exploitation of the race circumstances to set the fastest lap by anyone.

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A bit unfair if you need to do a late change.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

A bit unfair if you need to do a late change.

Not really. Other than necessity because of punctures or changing weather conditions, how many drivers change their tyres during the last 10 laps for any other reason than an attempt to set the fastest lap.