*** Official Brora Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

14 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Terrible result but I genuinely think perspective is required. Our main objective this season was promotion. I’m not sure last season’s team and management would have managed that. We’re undefeated in the last 40% of the league campaign.  Something we could only dream of under Cathro, Levein or Stendel.

The result looks terrible on the outside but we played only 72 hours ago whereas Brora have had the last couple of weekends off. At the start of the season, I’d have taken promotion over reaching the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup. 

Newbie = WuM

Get your hand in your pocket min...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No one is accountable for any failure it would seem. Unless you’re a nasty German who is trying to drag the clubs standards up to modern day football level of course. 

Someone should be made to explain the signings of Popescu, Frear, Roberts and Kasteener to name a few recent ones. Someone should be made to answer why these players are playing poorly and what will be done to make sure the same mistakes are not repeated time and again. 

Id rather we spent the wages these players command on 1 quality player than sign 4 duds. 

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree the interlopers can gtf and over the last couple of years I’ve always been signed up to the give the manager a chance but in the summer we booted out a manager who I think deserved longer. We jumped back to the easy option who Mrs Budge can see no wrong in. Tonight added to other results and performances gives me absolutely no hope going forward. It might be expensive but serious changes are now required before the summer, 

I far from disagree with with most of what you say, but whatever happens, I'll continue with my contribution, and if it rubs that bunch of cheapskates the wrong way, then so much the better. 😆

We have succeeded in making a dugs dinner of the last few years since FOH was founded, but I still hope there's time to get it right. (maybe even before I snuff it)

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Someone should be made to explain the signings of Popescu, Frear, Roberts and Kasteener to name a few recent ones. Someone should be made to answer why these players are playing poorly and what will be done to make sure the same mistakes are not repeated time and again. 

Id rather we spent the wages these players command on 1 quality player than sign 4 duds. 

Absolutely, or play the youngsters. Moore is no world beater but showed more in the league above than Frear/Roberts/Kastaneer. The fans as his old club said Popescu was the worst player they’d ever seen, St Mirren fans loved him, tells you all you need to know. The GK off Livi isn’t looking too great either. Let’s not mention Halliday. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Even hours later finding it hard to.come to terms with the now unavoidable fact that we have been knocked  out of the Scottish Cup.by Brora Rangers.

You mean Brora - population: 1,282 ?....

(and I'm counting women and kids...)

I want us to release every player who played tonight.

Edited by Spellczech

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Newbie = WuM

Get your hand in your pocket min...

He’s been here for 13 years, he does seem tight though. 

27 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Terrible result but I genuinely think perspective is required. Our main objective this season was promotion. I’m not sure last season’s team and management would have managed that. We’re undefeated in the last 40% of the league campaign.  Something we could only dream of under Cathro, Levein or Stendel.

The result looks terrible on the outside but we played only 72 hours ago whereas Brora have had the last couple of weekends off. At the start of the season, I’d have taken promotion over reaching the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup. 

That might be the aim but it doesn't change the fact we have just lost to a team that's only played a handful of games in a year. It shouldn't be a privilege to beat teams like Brora or teams in the championship for that matter. We are Heart of Midlothian, we should be going into every game with 100% confidence we can get 3 points

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

You mean Brora - population: 1,282 ?....

(and I'm counting women and kids...)

There are oil rigs with bigger populations than that. 

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I far from disagree with with most of what you say, but whatever happens, I'll continue with my contribution, and if it rubs that bunch of cheapskates the wrong way, then so much the better. 😆

We have succeeded in making a dugs dinner of the last few years since FOH was founded, but I still hope there's time to get it right. (maybe even before I snuff it)

Sorry I’m certainly not advocating cancelling direct debit. I’ve added my wee bit since the start and it’ll be there till the end of me. I’ve said on other thread that were on the best place financially in my lifetime but I’ve now had enough of the promises on the football side of things which I’d why we turn up every week. Radical change at our club is probably neede now. 

6 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Aye. We’re ****ing pish 😂

We may be pish but at least that can be changed, I’d hate to have a foreign owner with no interest in my club who owns the stadium & training facilities like our poor neighbours. 😁👍

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry I’m certainly not advocating cancelling direct debit. I’ve added my wee bit since the start and it’ll be there till the end of me. I’ve said on other thread that were on the best place financially in my lifetime but I’ve now had enough of the promises on the football side of things which I’d why we turn up every week. Radical change at our club is probably neede now. 

Been singing from your songsheet for a long time now. Football-wise we have succeeded in making a complete arse of it for years now.

As grateful as I was at the time, there's a common denominator here.

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Been singing from your songsheet for a long time now. Football-wise we have succeeded in making a complete arse of it for years now.

As grateful as I was at the time, there's a common denominator here.

Glad you got the gist of my message, predictive txt nightmare 👍

1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

Here’s the perspective. Winning this league was an absolute stick on and all of our managers and teams in the last 20 years would have done it with comparative ease. And yet Without Gordon and Boyce and the odd bit part from Walker, I’m not convinced we would even be top of this league. That’s 3 players carrying an otherwise very poor team, one of whom can’t even do 90 minutes these days.

Tonight was the worst result in the entire history of Heart of Midlothian football club. Two others pushing it fairly close in recent memory were both also overseen by Robbie Neilson. How’s that for perspective ?

Edited by JimmyCant

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, or play the youngsters. Moore is no world beater but showed more in the league above than Frear/Roberts/Kastaneer. The fans as his old club said Popescu was the worst player they’d ever seen, St Mirren fans loved him, tells you all you need to know. The GK off Livi isn’t looking too great either. Let’s not mention Halliday. 

Why would you? He hasn’t been a world beater either  but he had literally nothing to do with Hearts worst ever result, which tonight was. 

Edited by Shaggy2

The worst result in our history. 
Looking at the lineup and each and everyone of these players (and manager / coach) should be embarrassed to be part of that new bit of club history. 
just like cup wining sides are legends, those involved last night will be remembered in the history books as being part of the worst result / side in the clubs history. Some achievement but they did it.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Why would you? He hasn’t been a world beater either  but he had literally nothing to do with Hearts worst ever result, which tonight was. 

Because he’s another crap signing, that’s why. 

jamtartan74

On the plus side, I stuck a few quid on Brora at half time so got a few quid back. That tells u how much I trusted this bunch of imposters to turn it round, was not in the least bit shocked by it, embarrassed? Absolutely, angry? Definitely, but sadly could see it coming. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

On the plus side, I stuck a few quid on Brora at half time so got a few quid back. That tells u how much I trusted this bunch of imposters to turn it round, was not in the least bit shocked by it, embarrassed? Absolutely, angry? Definitely, but sadly could see it coming. 

Surely nobody was shocked?

4 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Anyone actually think Budge will sack Neilson? She won't!

Someone should sack her then.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Well done to Brora though. Absolutely incredible result for them even considering how pish we are. 

Its probably the best result in their history, fair play indeed.

On the other hand its the worst result in ours. 

If this had a been a total shock, it wouldn't be so bad.  ICT and Berwick dumping the OF were real shocks.  This, by comparison, was almost expected.  We'd had a full dress rehearsal against Alloa and our level of performance for years now has been dreadful in the main.

Mrs Budge has to make a statement in a few hours time and the only statement she can credibly make is that Neilson, Murray and sundry coaches have left the building.

I would put J and Locke in charge until replacements are found.

Alec Eiffel

Did not know it was on last night and did not watch it.  About sums up my level of support at the moment.

Well done Brora, none the less.

jamtartan74
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely nobody was shocked?

After witnessing our away performances all season I certainly wasn’t, can’t speak for others, but it didn’t shock me one bit, these players can’t be trusted to win these games as was proven tonight. I never watched it as was working but had open all mics on and it sounded a thoroughly deserved win for Brora, maybe I’m wrong. 

manaliveits105

Where were Kingsley and Halliday 

why was Popescu on bench ?

Brora gave Hubz a good run for it in league cup - did we just ignore that and disrespect them

Well played Brora. We were crap. When can Alex Neil or even McInnes start? Surely this has to be the end of the dross that is Robbie. Budge must act now.

58 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Brora gave Hubz a good run for it in league cup - did we just ignore that and disrespect them

kingsley injured and Halliday suspended. I think we did disrespect them with the line up. Haring and Berra in before popescu. Boyce as a sub when called off international duty 

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Was Levein removed from his position as Hearts manager? 

And Ann asked him to show Stedel around the club!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s been here for 13 years, he does seem tight though. 

Post count says NEWBIE

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

The thing for me Is we have a decent squad baring a couple of signings it’s all about the set up and coaching. People are always going to threaten to cancel subscriptions aided by the interlopers, but tonight should be a result that brings the support together. This can’t go on. 

But, that’s a complaint that you could level at every manager since Budge came on board.

There must be a common denominator? Somewhere? Surely?

7 hours ago, Deep South said:

Making plenty money from the fans.

What does she care as long as her bank balance keeps increasing?

She had to go, but that statement is just silly.

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'll hold it.

And I'll only keep the interest for my time.

Cant believe I’m saying this, but that’s the smart move.

Put FoH subs in a separate account. Once the charlatans have been removed, transfer subs via one off donation, and restart monthly subs.

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

When you are playing a Highland League team and you are disappointed yet not surprised to lose that sort of sums everything up. I've read on here a few posters saying Budge will not sack Robbie Neilson, and I have no idea if that is because she has told them that or not. If it is the former then tonight she has been left with a decision to make. Either she changes her mind and terminates his contract. Or, alternatively, if he has any sense of decency in his body he drafts his letter of resignation on the bus home this evening, removing the need for anyone else to sack him. He is not the man to lead us forward in any way, winning the Championship is not an achievement, it should have been a given certainty from the day we were demoted. Within the context of the league we have produced two really good performances all season, the opening game against Dundee and the game versus Raith in Kirkcaldy. If the remit of Joe Savage extends to all employee contracts then he must have a say on the manager's position as well. 

8 hours ago, true-jambo said:

The biggest concern is that this shocking result hasn't come as a surprise
The only person unlikely to be angry enough to do something about it won't.
The club won't be right in a footballing sense until she has gone

There is no getting away from that fact.

highlandjambo3

Right, I’ve been on the fence with this Neilson out p**h for long enough now but sorry, I’m now firmly in the “get him tae ****” gang now.

Robbie aside, our players should be good enough to beat Brora with or without any manager. They shouldn’t escape a blame in this. ****ing horrendous professionalism shown by them. This wasn’t a upset it was a total disgrace. 

Edited by Dazo

I didn't watch last night because I had a horrible feeling that a result like that was going to happen. Feel sorry for you boys who paid for ppv. Maybe the players can pay back the fans who got let down out their salary or Robbie himself can repay the fans.

RalphieCifaretto

Brora hadn't played a competitive match in 71 days, had 5 training sessions and 1 friendly before last night.

The majority of performances throughout the season have been awful: lacklustre, slow, no intensity, no gameplan (bar a few exceptions). We've managed to scrape wins and other teams being too inconsistent has masked this as acceptable with the premise it'll get sorted ahead of next season in the premiership. Time for those people who think this to wake up as it absolutely won't. The management and coaching team are out their depth. Neilson is done.

Make no mistake this is the worse result in our history. Neilson and the coaching staff need to go, another clear out is required, and we need strong leadership at the top. There has been something rotten in the club the last few years and we have regressed significantly on the pitch.

Last night was indefensible. The team is a disgrace. 

Congratulations Brora, fantastic result and performance from them and deserved to win.

Edited by RalphieCifaretto
Spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, RalphieCifaretto said:

Brora hadn't played a competitive match in 71 days, had 5 training sessions and 1 friendly before last night.

The majority of performances throughout the season have been awful: lacklustre, slow, no intensity, no gameplan (bar a few exceptions). We've managed to scrape wins and other teams being too inconsistent has masked this as acceptable with the premise it'll get sorted ahead of next season in the premiership. Time for those people who think this to wake up as it absolutely won't. The management and coaching team are out their depth. Neilson is done.

Make no mistake this is the worse result in our history. Neilson and the coaching staff need to go, another clear out is required, and we need strong leadership at the top. There has been something rotten in the club the last few years and we have regressed significantly on the pitch.

Last night was indefensible. The team is a disgrace. 

Congratulations Brora, fantastic result and performance from them and deserved to win.

Budges Bunglers. 

I expect to see some Brora fans on here getting all comfy soon. We seem to enjoy making this forum into one big happy pie and bovril.

heartsfc_fan

Thought it was a dream when I woke up.

Then I checked the news.

Top headline on BBC Sport. Not just the football page, but the main Sport page.

effing embarrassment

What will the training/coaching consist of today/tomorrow. The same as last week,the week before and the last 5 or so years. It is not working. Empty the lot of coaching staff along with their pointless data. Give me man management and fitness any day. Robbie is just continuity, there is no way back for him. Shock results happen in the cup, this though was no shock. This is a low but it also should be a turning point.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Neilson also put Souttar on the bench despite admitting pre match there was no chance he’d get on as he wasn’t ready.....he just brought him along for the ride.

Robbie has blamed everyone else except himself again.

Bet the players down tools again on Saturday.

They will get him out before he gets them out.

Neilson's remnants of last years relegation still being in the club and needing moved on is a woeful excuse and underlines how useless he is that he's not been able to change the attitude. 

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

The guy that scored the first goal for Brora last night works in Greggs.

I shouldn't laugh but

:rofl: