• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Neilson's remnants of last years relegation still being in the club and needing moved on is a woeful excuse and underlines how useless he is that he's not been able to change the attitude. 

That’ll motivate them though

3 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

It’s the main story in national news. Then it’s the main story for football news. On the bbc. Embarrassing. 

yup that’s it for me. You can’t hide from this - I have friends from Hong Kong and Australia texting me about it. 

hugely embarrassing!

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course it is.it is a bit like Manchester United being knocked out by Accrington Stanley. Actually maybe even worse.

When Sutton Utd beat Coventry, it made headline news.  

For us, this is probably a worse result, than that one for Coventry. 

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I didn't watch last night because I had a horrible feeling that a result like that was going to happen. Feel sorry for you boys who paid for ppv. Maybe the players can pay back the fans who got let down out their salary or Robbie himself can repay the fans.

Dont regret watching it. In fact, as a Hearts fan, there was a necessity to watching it.

No point in hiding from the truth. Better having it cold and hard.

Jambo in Bathgate

That was terrible. A group of players who can’t compete against Highland league. He will be given the first round of games next season. If things don’t improve then he should be out. We are as slow as treacle. No pace Nando was running into our half to get the ball. No wonder he just walked off at the end. Walker cannot play 90 minutes. He missed an open goal. Absolute rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

It’s the main story in national news. Then it’s the main story for football news. On the bbc. Embarrassing. 

Perhaps we are all being too negative. On the positive side, we did not make the top BBC sports story when we were in the  final against Celtic but look at us now. That’s an improvement surely?

Howdy Doody Jambo
10 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

What will the training/coaching consist of today/tomorrow. The same as last week,the week before and the last 5 or so years. It is not working. Empty the lot of coaching staff along with their pointless data. Give me man management and fitness any day. Robbie is just continuity, there is no way back for him. Shock results happen in the cup, this though was no shock. This is a low but it also should be a turning point.

These coaching badges aren't worth a flying fff, every man and his dug have one with an initialled puffa jacket, this Hearts team seem to train with a boogie box with tunes as in the club videos as if it's the last day before the holidays 

Get them doon tae Gullane 

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

The guy that scored the first goal for Brora last night works in Greggs.

Except he doesn't. No Greggs in Brora or North of Aberdeen. If you want to make shit up, fair enough, but why bother? 

10 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That was terrible. A group of players who can’t compete against Highland league. He will be given the first round of games next season. If things don’t improve then he should be out. We are as slow as treacle. No pace Nando was running into our half to get the ball. No wonder he just walked off at the end. Walker cannot play 90 minutes. He missed an open goal. Absolute rubbish. 

Saw gnando went straight off. He was disgusted with the service. That was a sitter from Walker. That was the moment I knew we were going to lose. After we equalised Brora looked the more dangerous side

10 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I can't help but feel you're missing the seriousness of last night's result or what the ramifications might look like. I'm hearing of lots of people who won't renew and cancelled FOH payments. 

Jambo in Bathgate

After watching the Brora celebrations on the national news this morning. This should be played on loop in the dressing room. Players think we can just turn up and win games. Or not in this case. 

7 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

The result looks terrible on the outside but we played only 72 hours ago whereas Brora have had the last couple of weekends off.

Well played.

Genuinely laughed at that.

Japan Jambo
9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

If RN is still an employee of Hearts at lunchtime on Wednesday, then the problems at HMFC run much deeper than just an incompetent manager.

Bang on, was thinking exactly the same.

TBH although we were expected to win last night, no result is a shock anymore with this bunch of losers. Please please GTF the lot of yous !!!!!!

OmiyaHearts

I played mainly amateur and a wee bit of juniors. I mind we played Clyde reserves about 12 / 13 years ago and got annihilated at least 20-0. The jump from Shettleston Juniors to League 1 was massive

That's what makes it even harder to believe that a professional side can drop their performance to a level where 11 supporters could genuinely have done a better job.

These guys had to have done it deliberately.

LauderJambo

"These guys had to have done it deliberately"

No..just incompetence. 

Totally underestimated and disrespected Brora. We got what we deserved. I fear for us on Saturday. 

buzzbomb1958

There has been a casual scraping away of any pride in playing for Hearts for the last 5 years or so it's time there was a total clear out from top to bottom ,when was the last time anybody went to a game and knew the guys pulling the jersey on would give their all , I for one can't ,I'm afraid it's time for those people (they know who they are) walked away .We need people on the football side who are professional about their commitment to this club,We have allowed this club to sink to the depths of mediocrity and a non caring attitude, between bad training methods, utterly ridiculous recruitment and contracts .This will not get any better till this is totally overhauled,Thanks Mrs Budge but your time has come and gone , After last night's result Nielson's feet shouldn't touch and not because of one result cause I for one was not surprised by it and that in itself tells a story.With the league almost done the time for change is now and by God this whole club needs cleaned out from the boardroom to the locker room,end of

13 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I played mainly amateur and a wee bit of juniors. I mind we played Clyde reserves about 12 / 13 years ago and got annihilated at least 20-0. The jump from Shettleston Juniors to League 1 was massive

That's what makes it even harder to believe that a professional side can drop their performance to a level where 11 supporters could genuinely have done a better job.

Still can’t get my head around it. I truly believe the kickback 11 would have done a better job last night. Worst result in our history and that’s Nielson with the worst two now. Brora and some bin men from Malta. 

The most telling point is that to many of us this is not a surprise. This is a turgid, disinterested and passionless team playing dull, uninspiring football. Enough is enough; it must be consigned to Room 101 without delay. 

26 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Dont even know where to start with this post.

Deliberately no , congrats on playing at a very poor level of football though and basing a ridiculous opinion on it.

Our players play at the level Of the opponent instead of imposing themselves and making those teams play at our level. Its slow ponderous and boring as ****. It is not deliberate but it it is an attitude problem. Why , i don’t know. How to sort it , im not sure. Happens a lot with teams that they play at the level of the opponent but what worries me more is we don’t look like we have the gears to go up which we did even up until the Raith game.

Walker showed last night why hes better off the bench , Kastaneer who I have thought looked reasonable was awful , GMS was really the only positive. Berra was shite , Gnando was horrendous , someone said he walked staright off disgusted with the service. He couldn’t get himself in a decent position last night when we did put a good ball in he was miles off it. Out crossing was shit again , Irving has been poor for weeks last night he hit a new low. Aidy White ran about but struggled to achieve anything. Boyce was ok , Henderson was poor when he came on , Haring quiet as , I couldn’t even tell you who else was playing we were that forgettable.

upgotheheads

The word 'Professional' crops up a lot in these pages, and that's the whole problem. Neilson has a bunch of pampered pussycats rather than motivated and committed pro's, but it's his job to kick-ass, and if he won't or can't do it then he has to go.

If Ann budge doesn't get this bunch of chancers, including Neilson and the coaches, into the dressing room and give them a f*****g roasting then she's not the woman I think she is. 

FWIW I think we are missing Naismith on the pitch, if only for his character. I'm not sure we will see him back there either.

Ex member of the SaS

Where to start? I have supported Budge and Robbie but this is a step too far. They MUST act now. There was talk before this game of postponement due to the internationals and many suggested we had a big enough squad to cope. How did that work out?

Boyce calls off international duty but comes on as a sub? Something we moaned about the OF doing, skipping the game only to play for their club!

I avoided posting last night but the anger has not abated and Robbie must walk or be pushed. Winning the easiest Championship in years is no compensation for what we have suffered and this result takes the biscuit.

No matter how many players are brought in Robbies track record in this dept does not fill me with confidence.

Francis Albert

Took two minutes after waking this morning before I remembered what happened. Then on to here to find that Robbie is still our so called manager.

TheOnlyWayis51

See from 45 minutes up til the equaliser? That was good, high pressure, high intensity, pinned them back.

WHY THE **** DID THE TEAM TAKE THEIR FOOT OFF THE GAS IMMEDIATELY AFTER? Pricks.

grumpyespana

Before I get shot down I am hurting like everyone else and Robbie must go but I would like to congratulate part time Brora for there biggest result in there clubs history specially having not played for ten weeks shows how bad we were guys.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Before I get shot down I am hurting like everyone else and Robbie must go but I would like to congratulate part time Brora for there biggest result in there clubs history specially having not played for ten weeks shows how bad we were guys.

When Players respect a really good manager and do all they can to win for their support and community I salute them wholeheartedly. Brora did all that last night, we failed miserably.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayis51 said:

See from 45 minutes up til the equaliser? That was good, high pressure, high intensity, pinned them back.

WHY THE **** DID THE TEAM TAKE THEIR FOOT OFF THE GAS IMMEDIATELY AFTER? Pricks.

Thanks for lightening the mood just a tad. We pinned Brora back !!! 

On 20/03/2021 at 21:01, luckydug said:

What makes you think losing is extremely unlikely ? 

Much better Hearts teams have struggled in these kind of matches over the years. 

Even the 2012 Cup winners struggled against a junior team and that was at Tynecastle. 

I'm nervous about this game it's got the smell of a rotten banana skin all over it. 🍌 

I don't think I was the only one with this fear at the back of my mind. 

Every single person involved last night should be utterly ashamed of themselves. 

This wasn’t a part time team like Alloa, this was a bunch of guys from around the local area who are half decent at football and who do it for a laugh.  None of them are professional. Their manager, coaches, physio’s are all essentially amateurs and doing it as a hobby. Add in the fact they have been on the couch for 3 months prior then just hits home how shocking last night was. 

Ive no idea how any of the players can recover from this in the eyes of the supporters. Forfeit their weeks wages to FOH? That might be a start.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

After witnessing our away performances all season I certainly wasn’t, can’t speak for others, but it didn’t shock me one bit, these players can’t be trusted to win these games as was proven tonight. I never watched it as was working but had open all mics on and it sounded a thoroughly deserved win for Brora, maybe I’m wrong. 

No they deserved it all right. Even the commentator mentioned how slow we moved the ball and that we would surely up the tempo. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Post count says NEWBIE

Over 400, right enough I post more in a week 🙈

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I noticed neilson referred himself as the head coach a few times in the interview. Felt like he was having a dig at the signings and his lack of say.

I thought that was strange too, he himself said he has the final say. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I thought that was strange too, he himself said he has the final say. 

Definitely trying to deflect the blame. Signings have been terrible bar Gordon and Kingsley.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When Players respect a really good manager and do all they can to win for their support and community I salute them wholeheartedly. Brora did all that last night, we failed miserably.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, why on earth would any of our players have any respect for Neilson?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Newton51 said:

Definitely trying to deflect the blame. Signings have been terrible bar Gordon and Kingsley.

He always does. He can’t have it both ways, if he thinks he’s turned around the losing mentality in the league the cup losses show it’s still there. The players for whatever reason only turn up in the alleged big games, no matter how many we sign it still happens. No pressure or consequences from the top down. He’s in to see the board later and will be Aldi biscuits for Neilson and a a time-out on the naughty step with his dunces cap on.

All I can say after that humiliation last night , is I'm glad my 'local pub' isn't open just now. I'd be ripped up for a++e paper.

Glamorgan Jambo

Still very disappointed with how it went and I was at the famous home defeat to Forfar back in 1982. 

I absolutely knew we wouldn’t score in the last 10 minutes when we resorted to hump the ball into the box at the first opportunity every time we had possession as opposed to 80% of the time we had possession in the first 80 minutes. The penalty area was crowded with our players and their players and there was virtually no chance of a shot getting beyond all the legs and bodies.

JJ needs to have a good sit down with Robbie and tell him how to unlock packed defences because despite folks thoughts Neilson is here for the rest of the season at the very least.

13 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

After witnessing our away performances all season I certainly wasn’t, can’t speak for others, but it didn’t shock me one bit, these players can’t be trusted to win these games as was proven tonight. I never watched it as was working but had open all mics on and it sounded a thoroughly deserved win for Brora, maybe I’m wrong. 

My sentiments exactly. I would have been even more surprised if we had won.

I didn't watch the game but my son did and he told me that Brora should have been 3 - 0 up before we scored.

No doubt be the same mediocre half hearted performance on Saturday v QOTS. I am not even sure I can bring myself to watch it despite my season ticket pass to watch live.

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, bairdy said:

All I can say after that humiliation last night , is I'm glad my 'local pub' isn't open just now. I'd be ripped up for a++e paper.

Thank **** for face masks at the local shops.  Lockdown is a blessing for us. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Lowlights 

I vowed not to watch any, ahem, 'highlights' but you tempted me.

Poor though it was, I suspect we would've scraped through but for that (on loan from Livi!!!) 'keeper who helpfully palmed the ball to the Brora gadgie (he didn't even have the ball covered had it dropped below the bar on the previous free kick). Pity Gnando's head has turned the same shape as a thrupenny bit as we at least got some decent crosses into the box.

Good to see Berra hastily getting back for the re-start after scoring. At least he plays for the jersey and, if not as good as previously, certainly doesn't deserve the personal abuse dished up by some of the joitheads who post on this forum.

As always, all the focus is on the bigger team's failings but, it has to be said, hats off to Brora for having a proper go and not simply parking the bus. The fact that we passed the ball about thus letting them regroup in defence is on us and I only recall one counter attack (which we made a pig's ear of) rather than ripping into them.

I always look for a silver lining but last night has me truly stumped. Maybe that it only cost £22 including 2 x raffle tickets, or maybe that I was nice & cozy with superb pies & spicy garlic roasted potatoes, but definitely not having to endure the lengthy journey home as it might've equalled the one from Ayr that time when we couldn't even score in the penalty shoot-out!

56 minutes ago, Goonieref said:

All's not lost I think we can take them in the 2nd leg at Tyne and we have an away goal remember🤔

😄😄😄 A definite 'money spinner'.

I'm lucky I'm retired so no need to face anyone. Now back in the

day, as an apprentice I would have to face the hobbits in a leith factory. What a thought!

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Highlights for those of a masochistic persuasion....😄....!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56514619

The highlights supplied by Brora and posted above by Newton51 are a bit better. These BBC ones are their usual dire offering that misses out anything remotely interesting other than the goals.

Edited by Wee Mikey

J.T.F.Robertson
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Where were Kingsley and Halliday 

why was Popescu on bench ?

Brora gave Hubz a good run for it in league cup - did we just ignore that and disrespect them

If that is the case we've been pretty much "disrespecting" near enough every team this season.

The fact is the majority of our players are shite.

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Highlights for those of a masochistic persuasion....😄....!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56514619

You know what, fair play to Brora.  I remember the days where it used to be Hearts who did the giant killing in the 80's.  I loved the feeling when we beat either of the OF or a good Aberdeen team.  Back then, we had players who actually fought for the jersey and had a sense of professional pride.  Not felt that at Hearts for a number of years.

7 minutes ago, EH11 said:

You know what, fair play to Brora.  I remember the days where it used to be Hearts who did the giant killing in the 80's.  I loved the feeling when we beat either of the OF or a good Aberdeen team.  Back then, we had players who actually fought for the jersey and had a sense of professional pride.  Not felt that at Hearts for a number of years.

Absolutely no I’ll feelings towards Brora at all. They played a good fair game. No hammer throwing and very little time wasting. They deserved  to win and good luck to them.Even the refereeing was half decent.