• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

Scottish Cup eh.  Looking forward to a big reaction and a morale boosting win after a poor performance today. 0-5 strikers with the goals. 

Bazzas right boot

If we Continue the trend of not scoring early and starting slow this game could be way more exciting than it should be. 

Finger oot, get the early goal, win the game comfortably. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we Continue the trend of not scoring early and starting slow this game could be way more exciting than it should be. 

Could this be the game that finally AB realises that our 3 Coaches are no where near good enough. I look at what Calum Davidson has achieved in his first managers job . Nah she probably won’t even if we loose it . 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gnjambo16 said:

Could this be the game that finally AB realises that our 3 Coaches are no where near good enough. I look at what Calum Davidson has achieved in his first managers job . Nah she probably won’t even if we loose it . 

You can but hope we get beat tho. 

I think if we lose this game the fan reaction will leave Budge with little choice. But I don't think we're quite that bad under Robbie regardless of how ambitious Brora are to climb the leagues.

Hope we give them a massive payday though and Hearts forgo their 50% entitlement to the PPV cash.

Robbo-Jambo

No she won't. 

She has just backed him in the last couple of weeks. 

Will drag on like the Levein saga even if we are struggling at the bottom next season. 

She likes Robbie and gets on well with him. 

That seems to be enough it seems 😏

In the extremely u likely scenario that we lose this games or even if we scrape through by one goal or penalties, Neilson has to go. 

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, kila said:

I think if we lose this game the fan reaction will leave Budge with little choice. But I don't think we're quite that bad under Robbie regardless of how ambitious Brora are to climb the leagues.

Hope we give them a massive payday though and Hearts forgo their 50% entitlement to the PPV cash.

Why would Hearts forego their rightful share of the ‘gate’?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll not be buying a stream if they do.

edit: and aye that’s a threat, think on, hearts! 

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because they got ****ed over by the vote and I want Hearts to ram it up all these tinpot clubs. We don’t desperate need the share of money but this will make the likes of Brechin sweat. And agitate Arbroath even more. 

davemclaren
Just now, kila said:

Because they got ****ed over by the vote and I want Hearts to ram it up all these tinpot clubs. We don’t desperate need the share of money but this will make the likes of Brechin sweat. And agitate Arbroath even more. 

Not for me, I imagine they’ll get more than they get for a season of home attendances with their share of our stream. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not for me, I imagine they’ll get more than they get for a season of home attendances with their share of our stream. 

If your reasoning is Hearts might need the 50% to help fund Neilson's replacement in the summer then fair enough :ninja:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That would be nice. 

Other team might not fancy that tho

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

That would be nice. 

Other team might not fancy that tho

That tis' the problem with football- the other team!

I don't know about anyone else but this is what I'm looking forward to. I'd expect us to go far in this competition and play our absolute best in every round. Then hopefully we can look forward to testing ourselves v SPL opposition. Any slip ups in this competition v lower league opposition should result in a serious shake up. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know about anyone else but this is what I'm looking forward to. I'd expect us to go far in this competition and play our absolute best in every round. Then hopefully we can look forward to testing ourselves v SPL opposition. Any slip ups in this competition v lower league opposition should result in a serious shake up. 

Can’t argue with that.  

Kingsley went off injured today, wonder if he will be back or a further shuffle at the back with Smith away with NI.

jamboinglasgow

So we are going into this game with Smith, Boyce and Gordon out for international duty. Halliday suspended for a ban carried over. On top of Souttar, Brandon and Ginnelly are out with long term injuries and Kingsley is unlikely to be fit in time. Naismith is unknown.

So will be an interesting team, I am going for:

Stewart

White Halkett Popescu Watson

Irving Haring

Walker  McEneff    GMS

Gnandulliet

Subs (I think its 9 in the Scottish cup:) Zlamel, Berra, Darge, Henderson, Frier, Kastaneer, McGill, Denholm, Naismith (think he will make the bench but not fit to start.)

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Halliday is suspended.

Will have to be a 3-4-3 in that case you'd think...

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Will have to be a 3-4-3 in that case you'd think...

Dont think so, from footage that Hearts have posted online of training, Watson has been training with the first team so can see him stepping in. As much as the team is getting criticised heavily at the moment, the defence is a lot better than people give it credit, so I think it can handle having a young player at left back and an experienced full back (even if he is normally at LB) on the right

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont think so, from footage that Hearts have posted online of training, Watson has been training with the first team so can see him stepping in. As much as the team is getting criticised heavily at the moment, the defence is a lot better than people give it credit, so I think it can handle having a young player at left back and an experienced full back (even if he is normally at LB) on the right

The defence is shite. It's part of the reason the midfield is so deep.

merseyjambo

With the international absentees, I could see us going with 3 at back.

This lot will be no mugs. They did ok at Fester in tinpot earlier this season and we’re going to their manor with our best goalkeeper, full back and top scorer missing. 

Considering we made heavy weather of a 0-0 draw with part time Arbroath today, this is a real banana skin

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be happy to give the young man a chance. I thought he was out on loan. He might well get the rest of the season, depending on injuries.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Would be happy to give the young man a chance. I thought he was out on loan. He might well get the rest of the season, depending on injuries.

He was out on loan earlier but that ended in January. Yeah I would be happy for him to be given a chance.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In the extremely u likely scenario that we lose this games or even if we scrape through by one goal or penalties, Neilson has to go. 

What makes you think losing is extremely unlikely ? 

Much better Hearts teams have struggled in these kind of matches over the years. 

Even the 2012 Cup winners struggled against a junior team and that was at Tynecastle. 

I'm nervous about this game it's got the smell of a rotten banana skin all over it. 🍌 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely a handsome victory by a few goals 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤞?

2-1 Hearts after et. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

2-1 Hearts after et. 

Should get value for my money, unlike today on a free stream 🙈.,

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Its tradition when big club goes to non-league side in the cup. 

Billy Hoyle
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We'll win 2-0. GMS x 2

He would need to touch the ball twice to get 2 goals so no chance of that!!!! 
Never have I seen an attacking player less involved in a game than him today!! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Is it? I can remember games being switched to neutral venues to cash in on gates but not a keep all the money decision.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

What makes you think losing is extremely unlikely ? 

Much better Hearts teams have struggled in these kind of matches over the years. 

Even the 2012 Cup winners struggled against a junior team and that was at Tynecastle. 

I'm nervous about this game it's got the smell of a rotten banana skin all over it. 🍌 

We all know cups produce upset results but if Berwick rangers were playing new rangers, I know where my money would be.

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

First I’ve heard of that. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

White Popescu Halkett Halliday

*shudders*

It might be worse if whites ankle flares up. 

Popescu halket berra haliday perhaps. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We all know cups produce upset results but if Berwick rangers were playing new rangers, I know where my money would be.

We are not the new Rangers. 

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So we are going into this game with Smith, Boyce and Gordon out for international duty. Halliday suspended for a ban carried over. On top of Souttar, Brandon and Ginnelly are out with long term injuries and Kingsley is unlikely to be fit in time. Naismith is unknown.

Stewart

Irving Haring

Walker  McEneff    GMS

Gnandulliet

Subs (I think its 9 in the Scottish cup:) Zlamel, Berra, Darge, Henderson, Frier, Kastaneer, McGill, Denholm, Naismith (think he will make the bench but not fit to start.)

Yeah it's looking likely alot of youngsters will be involved either starting or from the bench.   Looking forward to it if that's true.    

0-1 👍 

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Will leave us to "concentrate" on our inexorable march to the league title. 👍

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

It might be worse if whites ankle flares up. 

Popescu halket berra haliday perhaps. 

I won't be losing any sleep over White being absent.

He got skinned by Arbroath's make-shift right back to set up one of their best opportunities to score - and pace is just about White's only asset.

He, himself, failed to beat a man once in his 48 minute "cameo". 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Stewart

Irving Haring

Walker  McEneff    GMS

Gnandulliet

Could be. Might go to three at the back. Maybe something like-

Stewart

Popescu Berra Halkett

White McEneff Haring Irving GMS

Gnanduillet Kasteneer.