*** Official Brora Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If RN is still an employee of Hearts at lunchtime on Wednesday, then the problems at HMFC run much deeper than just an incompetent manager.

We still have an owner in place who is averse to the big decisions. An owner who by all accounts is stepping aside from decision making in the summer. Personably I think she will be of a mind to ride this out and let someone else do it.

He cannot possibly be allowed to continue into next season and if the FOH have to be forced into standing up an grabbing their balls, then that needs to happen immediately.

There at least 2 decent managers available right now who will not be available in the summer.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

I think after a result like that Nelison needs  sitting down with Budge, Savage, CEO and senior players. There had to be an explanation and an actual discussion about what can be achieved keeping the coaching team.in place. People say he can't go but 3 years works both ways: accept results like this and other likely ones to come or remove the problem now and have a chance of progress

portobellojambo1
19 minutes ago, Archie White said:

Robbie says "We have turned it around in areas". I wonder if he would care to explain what areas have been turned round since last season? 

We have the top restaurant facilties in Edinburgh by all accounts.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If RN is still an employee of Hearts at lunchtime on Wednesday, then the problems at HMFC run much deeper than just an incompetent manager.

That'll do for me. 

Neilson has said as much tonight : he can't fix it, he's as much as said  needs to empty this load of chancers. 

Francis Albert
Just now, wavydavy said:

It will be interesting to see how we do against QOTS on Saturday and then away to Dunfermline the following week.

We need a massive reaction from the players and at least a show of some effort if not for themselves then for their fans who have supported the club through thick and thin.

I wish I could hope. But it doesn't really matter. We will probably succed by a few more boring draws or narrow wins against teams with a fraction  of our resources and the Robbie fans and happy clappers will be back. And so to next season and another relegation struggle.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It will be interesting to see how we do against QOTS on Saturday and then away to Dunfermline the following week.

We need a massive reaction from the players and at least a show of some effort if not for themselves then for their fans who have supported the club through thick and thin.

Not having a go, but how does he do that when IMO he has basically said he wants rid of "the remnants" ? This entire squad is hopeless - maybe it's even sinking in with the players now.  The last league games are going to be horrendous. 

sandylejambo

this is a levein situation all over again, we cant let this happen, we are ****ing fed up with Ann Budge being the only person that thinks the manager should stay, I for one would not be averse to part of a concentrated boycott of FOH funds till she gets Neilson out the door.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We have the top restaurant facilties in Edinburgh by all accounts.

The only area he can say has changed for the better is we have a goalkeeper and decent back up. That is all.  It's obvious he is happy to talk shite which will not be lost on the team. His interview compounds his failure 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I wish I could hope. But it doesn't really matter. We will probably succed by a few more boring draws or narrow wins against teams with a fraction  of our resources and the Robbie fans and happy clappers will be back. And so to next season and another relegation struggle.

Unfortunatley correct, the happy clappers will be back out in force before the end of the week. 

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

On the Footballing front the incompetence has been there for a long time from the top down.

AB is transferring ownership to FOH in the summer she says leaving us with a nice new stand with nobody in it.

If she doesn't get the footballing side sorted double quick then there will still be nobody in the nice new stand once the crowds are allowed back in.

I said a while back that she was making the same mistake that Hibs did with prioritising the Stand before sorting out the footballing side of things and I think my fears are becoming a reality.

Ok we are still top of a crap league and we have a squad full of overpaid, overrated players who are a disgrace to a club like Hearts with their lack of effort and committment to a club loved and funded by thousands of loyal fans.

This is not a new situation at Hearts it has been here since Budge appointed Levein and there is something far wrong within the club that a number of coaches and their staff have been unable to put right.

I am getting sick of the crap that has beern offered up week after week and even more sick of the crap that Robbie Neilson comes out with after these pathetic performances.

Maybe it's time for Robbie to get these imposters back in for double training sessions like he did the first time at Hearts and get the message over to them that these performances are just not good enough. 

I wonder if he still thinks taking John Souttar along for a jolly, instead of someone who he could have used during the game , was a great idea ?

I said it months ago.....having only two strikers in the squad was a shocking decision.

Jack Torrance

Every cloud and that ... at least it's galvanised opinion on JKB. Don't think I've ever seen a thread in almost 100% agreement. 

It's second only to Dens 86 in terms of disappointing results for me. Utter dross. He has to go.

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not having a go, but how does he do that when IMO he has basically said he wants rid of "the remnants" ? This entire squad is hopeless - maybe it's even sinking in with the players now.  The last league games are going to be horrendous. 

A number of these players are ones he brought in.  Maybe he should be giving some of the younger players a game instead of those wasters he claims he wants rid off.

I think he maybe should have waited until the league was definitely won before stating that fact. That is just poor management.

3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Every cloud and that ... at least it's galvanised opinion on JKB. Don't think I've ever seen a thread in almost 100% agreement. 

It's second only to Dens 86 in terms of disappointing results for me. Utter dross. He has to go.

It's a pity it hadn't galvanised the players into playing like a football team.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I was willing to give Robbie a chance until tonight, opinions of Robbie have taken a massive shift tonight. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

A number of these players are ones he brought in.  Maybe he should be giving some of the younger players a game instead of those wasters he claims he wants rid off.

I think he maybe should have waited until the league was definitely won before stating that fact. That is just poor management.

A lot of the players he has brought in are considerably worse than “the remnants”. Although admittedly some of them looked pretty decent until they’d been at the club for a few weeks and gained the full benefit of our coaching set-up.

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Indeed. And I fear they probably do. We have already been round one cycle of a failing DOF and manager being allowed too long to fail.

CornhillHearts
28 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

If We think we are a big club then we must start showing it and Neilson must be sacked in the morning . If not then we are accepting blatant failure  again . Disgraceful mismanagement of a great club . 

Very much agree with this. 

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Totally agree. 

Kastaneer getting subbed because he was shite v a bunch of juniors kinda sums it all up. Could this guy be the worst player we have signed in the Budge era? **** me he is up against 100+ duds but it is a close one.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s even on Sky News now. Embarrassing and humiliating. 

Of course it is.it is a bit like Manchester United being knocked out by Accrington Stanley. Actually maybe even worse.

No Idle Talk

Well. What can I say that has not already been said in this thread? Not a lot I suspect. But here is my take......

That is the worst result in the history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Worse than 0-2 at home to Montrose. Worse than 6-0 away to Falkirk. Worse even than 0-7 at home to Hibernian. It is actually a complete humiliation for the football club. It is unforgivable. 

This result will forever be attached to Robbie Neilson and these players. As a rule I am not a person who thinks a manager should be sacked on the back of one bad result. Even if it is a really bad one. That kind of thinking is one of the things I hate about modern football. But. Some results are SO bad that they can never be forgotten. And this is one of them. This will forever be held against Robbie Neilson by some Hearts supporters, and if this forum is anything to go by, there were plenty of Hearts fans who wanted him to go even before tonight's debacle. His job has just become much, much more difficult. 

I have defended Robbie up to this point but tonight's result has soured things for me. If he is sacked or resigns I will not have any complaints. If he stays then he has a lot of making up to do. He said in his post match interview that he knows tonight was unacceptable. Well that much is obvious and easy to say. The only thing that matters now is - what is he going to do about it?! I will be watching with interest to see if there is any discernible change in the team between now and the end of the season. There had better be.

I am utterly disgusted by what I have watched tonight. The manager and the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. 

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He can't because he's loaned them all out so he could make space for shite like Frear and Roberts or Kastaneer and McEneff. 

Moore should have been given a chance. Logan should have been playing 2nd Fiddle to Smith. Conor Smith should be here as should Cochrane. 

This was the season to make something count and ensure when we went back up we had a host of young laddies we could count on for the next 3/4 years. Instead we've went off and recruited for the here and now rather than looking to develop what we had and will be facing another massive rebuild in the summer. 

I can only hope to god that the rebuild is alongside a new manager and coaching team. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Kastaneer getting subbed because he was shite v a bunch of juniors kinda sums it all up. Could this guy be the worst player we have signed in the Budge era? **** me he is up against 100+ duds but it is a close one.

Possibly. Frear couldn’t even get off the bench though so 🤔?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

My mates big brother sold him that tin flute😂

A dud then like most things Robbie buys 🙂

8 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well. What can I say that has not already been said in this thread? Not a lot I suspect. But here is my take......

That is the worst result in the history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Worse than 0-2 at home to Montrose. Worse than 6-0 away to Falkirk. Worse even than 0-7 at home to Hibernian. It is actually a complete humiliation for the football club. It is unforgivable. 

This result will forever be attached to Robbie Neilson and these players. As a rule I am not a person who thinks a manager should be sacked on the back of one bad result. Even if it is a really bad one. That kind of thinking is one of the things I hate about modern football. But. Some results are SO bad that they can never be forgotten. And this is one of them. This will forever be held against Robbie Neilson by some Hearts supporters, and if this forum is anything to go by, there were plenty of Hearts fans who wanted him to go even before tonight's debacle. His job has just become much, much more difficult. 

I have defended Robbie up to this point but tonight's result has soured things for me. If he is sacked or resigns I will not have any complaints. If he stays then he has a lot of making up to do. He said in his post match interview that he knows tonight was unacceptable. Well that much is obvious and easy to say. The only thing that matters now is - what is he going to do about it?! I will be watching with interest to see if there is any discernible change in the team between now and the end of the season. There had better be.

I am utterly disgusted by what I have watched tonight. The manager and the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. 

Sorry but nothing he could do would ever make up for it.  

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I've still never forgiven him for 2 all with Hibs and the Maltese plumbers so tonight was simply 'meh' 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think most of the youngsters worth giving a game too are out on loan so he can’t even play them in the April dead rubbers. 

50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Matey, it's way passed that, has been for sometime, that ship sailed looooong ago! 

Francis Albert

Even hours later finding it hard to.come to terms with the now unavoidable fact that we have been knocked  out of the Scottish Cup.by Brora Rangers.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Even hours later finding it hard to.come to terms with the now unavoidable fact that we have been knocked  out of the Scottish Cup.by Brora Rangers.

Didn't even manage to force extra time against a village XI. 

In his interview he broadly said that he’s not happy and still working on recruitment. Everyone isn’t happy. So he’s saying he’s not had time!!!! Players will be emptied and new folks brought in for PL. He inherited a poor squad ...... Time will be tell🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I’ll leave the terrace to the gonna cancel ma Foundation donation interlopers for a few days 

So many not good enough players there at the moment and how the management don’t see that is baffling 

The thing for me Is we have a decent squad baring a couple of signings it’s all about the set up and coaching. People are always going to threaten to cancel subscriptions aided by the interlopers, but tonight should be a result that brings the support together. This can’t go on. 

The excuses are becoming tiresome. Regardless of whether a bad squad etc was inherited or not, any XI picked should be beating Brora Rangers. 

The reality is though that Budge won’t sack Neilson. We will win The Championship by 20+ points and that will paper over the cracks for her again. 

Some of the signings we have made are shocking and have been for years. That for me is the biggest problem. Recruitment has been awful and no one seems to be made accountable. 

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The thing for me Is we have a decent squad baring a couple of signings it’s all about the set up and coaching. People are always going to threaten to cancel subscriptions aided by the interlopers, but tonight should be a result that brings the support together. This can’t go on. 

The interlopers can GTF!

As disillusioned as I am, and have been for most of the last few years, I plan on plodding on.

How about them instigating something similar at their end, surely that would be a success?

Terrible result but I genuinely think perspective is required. Our main objective this season was promotion. I’m not sure last season’s team and management would have managed that. We’re undefeated in the last 40% of the league campaign.  Something we could only dream of under Cathro, Levein or Stendel.

The result looks terrible on the outside but we played only 72 hours ago whereas Brora have had the last couple of weekends off. At the start of the season, I’d have taken promotion over reaching the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

The excuses are becoming tiresome. Regardless of whether a bad squad etc was inherited or not, any XI picked should be beating Brora Rangers. 

The reality is though that Budge won’t sack Neilson. We will win The Championship by 20+ points and that will paper over the cracks for her again. 

Some of the signings we have made are shocking and have been for years. That for me is the biggest problem. Recruitment has been awful and no one seems to be made accountable. 

No one is accountable for any failure it would seem. Unless you’re a nasty German who is trying to drag the clubs standards up to modern day football level of course. 

1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

Terrible result but I genuinely think perspective is required. Our main objective this season was promotion. I’m not sure last season’s team and management would have managed that. We’re undefeated in the last 40% of the league campaign.  Something we could only dream of under Cathro, Levein or Stendel.

The result looks terrible on the outside but we played only 72 hours ago whereas Brora have had the last couple of weekends off. At the start of the season, I’d have taken promotion over reaching the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup. 

Your at it

3 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

you can try harder than that ffs. Nice try

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

Are you ****ing serious? They are a part time team who’ve only trained 5 times in three months, had one game in 71 days and only played three league games. We are supposed to be a professional football team. They’re not even in the football leagues ffs 🙈

5 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

:rofl: 

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

The interlopers can GTF!

As disillusioned as I am, and have been for most of the last few years, I plan on plodding on.

How about them instigating something similar at their end, surely that would be a success?

I agree the interlopers can gtf and over the last couple of years I’ve always been signed up to the give the manager a chance but in the summer we booted out a manager who I think deserved longer. We jumped back to the easy option who Mrs Budge can see no wrong in. Tonight added to other results and performances gives me absolutely no hope going forward. It might be expensive but serious changes are now required before the summer, 

9 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Put the crayons down and go to bed.