****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Well that game was almost as bad as this thread, half the posters on here were the type that used to fight among themselves at the games instead of backing the team when they needed them back in the 70's/80's.

We were pish though.

Bigger picture......Is backing Neilson backing the team?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Late doors, we went from Smith, across the midfield to Kingsley. Back across the midfield to Smith. And back across the midfield to Kingsley. And I reckon the Queens midfield had to shuffle no more than 10ft sideways. Embarrassing.

Thought both full backs had poor games in general.

Our wings offered very little in truth. 

Only player getting credit tonight is Boyce,  even then guilty of over egging it.

Halkett bar his scare did ok, Gordon had nothing to do.

Only 5 shots tonight, we scored 6 against them in December. 

Irving and Halliday created nothing Walker tried but just can't string a run together. 

Disappointing night again. It's not gelling 

10 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

That's certainly my memory of it. To be fair to him, i was in the away end at Greyskull when he scored that hat trick. One of the great days!

Sure was brilliant, he seemed Hearts mad , then?  Iirc he went pear shaped, no effort etc as if he’d been touched up by them? A long time ago but was he our original snake?

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

It’s not good enough.

But out of a very poor game I in IMO think we were the better team QOS were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and getting something for it 

my point is if we won that no one would of said we did not deserve it on the balance of play 

Apparently they were brilliant and yet if you change it round and we were the team in blue we would get slaughtered for the way we played.

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

It’s not good enough.

But out of a very poor game I in IMO think we were the better team QOS were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and getting something for it 

my point is if we won that no one would of said we did not deserve it on the balance of play 

QoS had a comfortable night , very comfortable. The penalty was Hearts first (only ?) shot on target ? You think that standard of play will keep Hearts in the top league next season ? 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was at Dundee United last season. 

You criticize players behind closed doors. 

Despite a string of average performances its every other teams cup final. 

We are still comfortable,  maybe too comfortable. 

We need to be playing more as a team,  regularly. 

We will win the League comfortably. 

We will continue to build a better squad in the summer. 

Do elaborate on your last point , every signing Robbie has made so far has been dreadful save Gordon who was tried and tested, Ginelly who looks like hes made of glass and possibly the Irish lad although thats not a given

Halliday,kingsley,Roberts,Frear, Popescu, GMS, the Dutch lad , all well below par 

1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Think we are trying to play to much football in a crap league. Need to start testing below average goalkeepers and take the tap ins. Trying to score Spanish pass pass score type of goals with players at this level won't work. Thought we started brightly, dodgy pen (surely throwing out a leg and hitting the ground is not a pen). But then, as a few teams have worked out, just get a fast guy to run at us and we back off.

Obviously we will piss this league but are we really learning from our mistakes, are we getting any improvement in player performance? Not sure we are. 

Very well said and my sentiments also. It feels like we are trying too hard to do simple things. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Well that game was almost as bad as this thread, half the posters on here were the type that used to fight among themselves at the games instead of backing the team when they needed them back in the 70's/80's.

We were pish though.

Did we have happy clappers in the 70’s/80’s?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
18 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Eh! We were outplayed and outthought 

Eh, naw. QoS defended for their lives and got a jammy penalty when Jones stuck his leg into Kingsley's stride and the ref bought it. That's all they did and I applaud their effort. But "outplayed and outthought" is rubbish. 

We were p%sh apart from the first 10 minutes and the last ten. Halliday was a liability tonight. No penetration from him just pass back, sideways do the minimum. That changed when Naismith came on (and he should have been on in the 60th minute not the last ten!). That substitution changed everything: Halliday going off and Naismith on was a double espresso and got us out of jail.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I have no idea why it happens so often.  Sometimes it’s lack of options in front of the player in possession but other times there are options but we take the always easier option of passing sideways or back. I’m not blaming Robbie for creating this problem,  it happened regularly with Levein and even with Stendel against the ‘lesser sides’.  I am blaming him for not addressing it sooner.  It’s one thing instructing the players to be patient and it’s another to accept them showing no urgency whatsoever. 

I made a point of watching Halliday and Irving tonight. Agree totally what you are saying. There is a complete lack of urgency to take the ball and make things happen. It results in us making passes sideways for no reason at all. It’s so easy for teams to defend against. They give us the ball knowing we won’t do anything with it. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You think ?

You think he lays into them after yet another dire performance ? 

If he does , it's still not working. 

I think he does considering ive heard a few players say he lets loose.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He went to France then a spell at Sunderland before the Huns. 

Ah ,there we go , memories not what it was ,sorry , forgot the Sunderland bit👎🏻

Neilson is more interested in controlling the game than scoring goals. That is unacceptable to the vast majority of Hearts fans. He needs to change or go.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Do elaborate on your last point , every signing Robbie has made so far has been dreadful save Gordon who was tried and tested, Ginelly who looks like hes made of glass and possibly the Irish lad although thats not a given

Halliday,kingsley,Roberts,Frear, Popescu, GMS, the Dutch lad , all well below par 

Hang on, are they Robbie signings? I thought Savage was doing the signings now.

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

It’s not good enough.

Stevo did. 😏

Anyway all about different opinions.

Maybe this will give them a kick up the arse and things will improve. 

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Eh, naw. QoS defended for their lives and got a jammy penalty when Jones stuck his leg into Kingsley's stride and the ref bought it. That's all they did and I applaud their effort. But "outplayed and outthought" is rubbish. 

We were p%sh apart from the first 10 minutes and the last ten. Halliday was a liability tonight. No penetration from him just pass back, sideways do the minimum. That changed when Naismith came on (and he should have been on in the 60th minute not the last ten!). That substitution changed everything: Halliday going off and Naismith on was a double espresso and got us out of jail.

Name one occasion when we looked like scoring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, credit card said:

Yes but Sir George but I reckon we had more backwards passes tonight than the Egg Chasers did against England. It is eye bleeding week after week.

Perversely the egg chasers actually booted the ball forward early,  tactics that won the game. 

First 20 minutes we were getting in behind then stopped. 

Our wings were awful tonight, just didn't play well enough 

Boyce was very good for the most part.  It might even be his best match for the sheer volume of hold up work he got through.  Walker kept at his task without creating much.  Everyone else was ****ing rotten.  Naismith managed to produce one flick to rescue us and should have been given 30 mins.  We win.

Why does Halliday get flack on here but Irving never 🤨? Atleast Halliday has a bit fight in him, Irving should be back in the reserves 

Edited by KyleLafferty

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I think he does considering ive heard a few players say he lets loose.

Halliday, Irving, GMS, Halkett , Walker  ?

Do the players take him seriously  - those crap performances say otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I made a point of watching Halliday and Irving tonight. Agree totally what you are saying. There is a complete lack of urgency to take the ball and make things happen. It results in us making passes sideways for no reason at all. It’s so easy for teams to defend against. They give us the ball knowing we won’t do anything with it. 

You wouldn't have to move your head very far.

A more static pair of midfielders will be hard to find.

McFadden, "Kingsley impeded Jones, its a penalty". 

Kingsley was goal side and not preventing jones from going toward the ball.    No coincidence he went down soon as he's in the box. 

A few dives on other occasions too.

Fortunate draw from a rubbish match.    Need to get back on a proper surface.    Hope there's no injuries. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Why does Halliday her flack on here but Irving never 🤨? Atleast Halliday has a bit fight in him, Irving should be back in the reserves 

Fair play, Irving was awful tonight

vladisacoward
2 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Ah ,there we go , memories not what it was ,sorry , forgot the Sunderland bit👎🏻

My memory just as bad!

That was awful . Robbie obviously has forgotten what it's like when we come back to Tynecastle after a bad result , he could be the first Hearts manager to be sacked without any crowds. The minimum I expect is %100 effort , did we see that tonight ? Still too much side to side getting nowhere . The referee was garbage but got us out of jail 

Just now, graygo said:

Hang on, are they Robbie signings? I thought Savage was doing the signings now.

Most of them were post Savage tbf, Budge has appionted shite after shite during  her tenure so jury has to be out on Savage given her track record of appointments

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Absolute rubbish. When did Naismith score or fire in a direct shot

18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I can see what RN was saying. The first bounce on astro kills the ball, makes it difficult to predict and control... but, as you say, they fecking train on it! Nowhere near good enough tonight.... after starting off well. 

We've got a state of the art facility that has astro turf.  We should have been training on it all week.

No excuses!

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You wouldn't have to move your head very far.

A more static pair of midfielders will be hard to find.

Agreed. Imagine that as a midfield pair in the Premier. It gives me the absolute fear!!! 

HillmanHearts

Pitch did look tricky.

Frozen plastic.

But no excuse for the level of performance..

Manager takes most of the blame imo. Pedestrian, passive, aimless pish.

Boyce & to a lesser extent Smith did OK.

Just now, HMFC01 said:

McFadden, "Kingsley impeded Jones, its a penalty". 

Kingsley was goal side and not preventing jones from going toward the ball.    No coincidence he went down soon as he's in the box. 

A few dives on other occasions too.

Fortunate draw from a rubbish match.    Need to get back on a proper surface.    Hope there's no injuries. 

We were ****ing dire but imo a draw was fair. QoS never threatened us in 90 minutes so it can't be said they deserved to win.

Sadly, the Above paragraph is where we are under Budge.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolute rubbish. When did Naismith score or fire in a direct shot

FFS he was only on for ten minutes and did more than Halliday achieved in 80

Just now, Yoda said:

We've got a state of the art facility that has astro turf.  We should have been training on it all week.

No excuses!

WE were Robbie mentioned it in the pre match interview.

Then complained about the pitch in the post match interview.

You couldn't make it up

If Jones gets a shoulder over or the line of his run gets across then it's a pen.  He didn't.  All he did was stick a leg into the mixer and tumbled.  Never a penalty.  The commentary narrative was a frenzy to portray a stonewall pen.  Wanks.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought both full backs had poor games in general.

Our wings offered very little in truth. 

Only player getting credit tonight is Boyce,  even then guilty of over egging it.

Halkett bar his scare did ok, Gordon had nothing to do.

Only 5 shots tonight, we scored 6 against them in December. 

Irving and Halliday created nothing Walker tried but just can't string a run together. 

Disappointing night again. It's not gelling 

The last two games show there is something far wrong. 

We are not gelling and there seems to be lack of passion and interest from the players apart from two or three. 

Then we have the manager blaming the pitch, not the referees for a change. 

Something not quite right at the club methinks. 

We will win the league comfortably. Can't really tell how we will be against teams that don't have 10 men behind the ball until next season.

The most disappointing thing about today was the performance but if we had scored first we would have won very comfortably.  We won't drop many points when we go ahead and will pick up points fairly often even when we lose the first goal.  We get the first goal more often than the other team. 

It's not pretty to watch but thats in part due to how teams are playing against us. We need a big striker to put balls into when teams are sitting deep so hope the new guy isn't out for too long.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

No excuses!

Yeah but "when you've got a bank of 4 and 5 in midfield" blah, blah. 

Wot he said- Jeeze, what did Neilson think was gonna happen ? 

10 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

It’s not good enough.

This 100%, the ref was a sucker for their nonsense all night.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

If Jones gets a shoulder over or the line of his run gets across then it's a pen.  He didn't.  All he did was stick a leg into the mixer and tumbled.  Never a penalty.  The commentary narrative was a frenzy to portray a stonewall pen.  Wanks.

100%!