****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Who were they? 

GMS and the Dutch dud are dire

Irving and Halliday are the worst due since James Corden and Mathew Horne.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

Just now, merrymac said:

WE were Robbie mentioned it in the pre match interview.

Then complained about the pitch in the post match interview.

You couldn't make it up

Cringe worthy tbh. 

Actually felt embarrassed for him when he said it. 

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Agreed. Imagine that as a midfield pair in the Premier. It gives me the absolute fear!!! 

On top of that two heavily left sided players and one having to play on the right.

They just do not work as a pairing, if the ball comes on their wrong side it slows everything down.

Also there first option seems to be a sideways pass, rather than that being the last option.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Do elaborate on your last point , every signing Robbie has made so far has been dreadful save Gordon who was tried and tested, Ginelly who looks like hes made of glass and possibly the Irish lad although thats not a given

Halliday,kingsley,Roberts,Frear, Popescu, GMS, the Dutch lad , all well below par 

Kingsley generally has been a good signing. 

GMS is only just in the door and will come good. 

Chronic syndrome of modern day football if you don't perform day 1 your shit. 

Fuller and Suso first few games were well below par.

Kastaneer a stop gap for Ginnelly who could have been a good signing, but another fitness disaster. 

No doubt we have been average too often, but partly due to every teams cup final. 

When we played the games at Hampden, different story.

Confident though that there will be more competition 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

No one can blame QoS. They played exactly to their plan and the runes were in their favour. Fair play to them and I applaud the effort they put in.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Just another below average performance.......been far too many of them this season for my liking.

The football is poor by any stretch of the imagination,RN is not the answer,I wish it was.

26 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Watching Allan Johnston doing his interview there, btw,comes across as a decent lad?

question for you oldies ? 
My head ,says he wanted a move to Rangers [snakelike] and it got turned down ,ended up in France to get his move to Rangers ? 
am I right or a meringue?

Wanted to go to the huns but ended up in france on holiday for 6 months then went to sunderland for 3 years  - That worked out well 

That was absolute crap but I sure as Heck feel better that we managed to get a point as I honestly thought that game could go on till midnight without us scoring. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

If Jones gets a shoulder over or the line of his run gets across then it's a pen.  He didn't.  All he did was stick a leg into the mixer and tumbled.  Never a penalty.  The commentary narrative was a frenzy to portray a stonewall pen.  Wanks.

It was like there was some sort of weird agenda, no idea what BBC sport Scotland were on about. It's like they were trying to create some sort of controversy to get social media trending or something?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Irving and Halliday cannot play in the same team. 

If our manager cannot see that we would be better off with stevie wonder in charge. 

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

No one can blame QoS. They played exactly to their plan and the runes were in their favour. Fair play to them and I applaud the effort they put in.

Magic out thinking Robbie?

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Why does Halliday her flack on here but Irving never 🤨? Atleast Halliday has a bit fight in him, Irving should be back in the reserves 

This. Irving needs dropped. Lets see mceneff over 3 or 4 games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The last two games show there is something far wrong. 

We are not gelling and there seems to be lack of passion and interest from the players apart from two or three. 

Then we have the manager blaming the pitch, not the referees for a change. 

Something not quite right at the club methinks. 

Arrogance,  complacency more likely I think. 

Table shows they are well clear. Usual for everything to be pinned on the manager, just not seeing enough responsibility from the players for me, too many times. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Players pick up on a sucker of a ref.  At most lèvels.  That ref was played like a banjo.

Our players didn't seem to get a tune out of him?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Let's just point out that QoS are fecking rubbish. We could have scored double figures against them at Tynecastle. Plus their talisman, Dobbie, was on the bench with no hope of playing due to injury.

That's how bad this result is.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Okay, is there any chance you'll tell who the players to win 5-0 are? 

The only good thing about the game tonight was we didn't lose . Boyce must be wondering what the **** have I got myself into 

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's Halliday that needs benched

Both need benched for the Morton game. But I’ve never seen a player pass backwards more than Irving tonight. Could have got anyone out their house to do that

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Irving and Halliday cannot play in the same team. 

If our manager cannot see that we would be better off with stevie wonder in charge. 

Would love that. Stevie is a genius and at least we would have great music. Alas, even that genius could not get a tune out of the duds we have.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

The surprise is you seem surprised. 

Your right why would I be surprised by that?

It would be against the standard of everything else.

J.T.F.Robertson

I have a suggestion which would go a long way to making us a far better outfit, get a ******* half decent midfield!

Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Drumjambo said:

Wanted to go to the huns but ended up in france on holiday for 6 months then went to sunderland for 3 years  - That worked out well 

3 years , ffs , I’m way off , I thought he did the french thing to get his move back the following season, apologies Allan , not a proper snake👌

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Magic out thinking Robbie?

I don’t think so. You’ve got to ask which players didn’t stand up and be counted for QoS then ask the same question of our players. 

Also, we play it wide, too early abd too often.  There is nothing coming from the centre of midfield. Wingers coming inside far too early rather than getting in behind defenders like they should be. 

Irving is a good player but if he wants to move he 

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Just another below average performance.......been far too many of them this season for my liking.

I feel the same mate 100%

4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's Halliday that needs benched

What has Irving done better than Halliday tonight ?

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Okay, is there any chance you'll tell who the players to win 5-0 are? 

Haring for Irving for a start. 

Naismith for shitenadeer.

In rugby the head coach of a losing team (there are rarely draws) usually says something along the lines of "congratulations to the opposition, they played well, but we've got to take a look at the way we performed. We need to do better." They virtually never criticise individual players or referees or pitches or the weather. No doubt different things are said in the dressing room, but that seems a much better message to put over to the media than saying guff like the pitch was terrible. Once you start blaming external factors it just sounds like excuses. Bottom line is that we should have performed better tonight, and it's up to us to make sure we improve for the next game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another factor tonight. 10 corners and at least 4 free kicks in good areas not one produced any quality. 

These Friday nights have been shit, I wouldn't argue any different 

Halliday and Irving need to create a partership where either one drifts 10 yards forward to make a forward pass available and the other reacts with a run into a space.  They have no dynamic between them.

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

We’ve really lost our way now,  hoping McEneff can inject some positive movement and slicker play. 

He didn’t. We managed to make him, Kastaneer and GMS look like pub players.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think so. You’ve got to ask which players didn’t stand up and be counted for QoS then ask the same question of our players. 

Also, we play it wide, too early abd too often.  There is nothing coming from the centre of midfield. Wingers coming inside far too early rather than getting in behind defenders like they should be. 

Agree but these are the players and the positions picked by Robbie, and when it wasn't working we kinda did more of the same.

Magic had a plan and it worked well for most of the game.

38 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Has he ever came out and actually admitted that hearts just weren’t good enough?! 

No mate, he has the Levein book of pathetic excuses in his pocket. Neilson will have to think of his own excuses very soon, he must have used all Levein's by now.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Haring for Irving for a start. 

Naismith for shitenadeer.

Don't disagree in general but on recent performances neither have been very good. The problem for me, is not necessarily the players. 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We were ****ing dire but imo a draw was fair. QoS never threatened us in 90 minutes so it can't be said they deserved to win.

Sadly, the Above paragraph is where we are under Budge.

Agreed. Fair result on the night. Neither team looked like scoring from open play.

As you say, that's worrying in itself that a 1-1 with Queen of the South was a fair result.

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If Jones gets a shoulder over or the line of his run gets across then it's a pen.  He didn't.  All he did was stick a leg into the mixer and tumbled.  Never a penalty.  The commentary narrative was a frenzy to portray a stonewall pen.  Wanks.

Correct. If Kingsley had done what the attacker did then it was a pen.

We were rubbish tonight but it’s a horrible horrible league. Not easy at all. These teams are up for it against us and they are not bad players. Most have been at bigger clubs and just not quite done it consistently. They don’t try to play football against us. I think it was Graygo said above, they get lauded for their performance but if it was us that played like them we’d get slaughtered. Every week is a horrible away cup draw that you just want to scrape through and get to next round. Can’t wait for this season to be done with. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I have a suggestion which would go a long way to making us a far better outfit, get a ******* half decent midfield!

Just my opinion.

Give Haring another run. Feeling Neilson feels obliged to play Halliday who sadly returned to form tonight. 

Irving looks nice but now getting caught in possession and wrong side all too often 

14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Thank you Naisy. More in 10 minutes than the others in 90.

Yep,he knows the game,sadly most of the rest are lost,can only lay that at RN.

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Tonight? zilch

I like Irving and he’s got the potential to be a far better player than Halliday but the two of them should be dropped and give others a try. The central midfield area was awful tonight abs not fir the first time. 

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Just my opinion.

Or manager. That means we just need to replace one, presuming we find jobs for the other two half wits, maybe Covid Marshall’s at Riccarton?

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

We will win the league comfortably. Can't really tell how we will be against teams that don't have 10 men behind the ball until next season.

The most disappointing thing about today was the performance but if we had scored first we would have won very comfortably.  We won't drop many points when we go ahead and will pick up points fairly often even when we lose the first goal.  We get the first goal more often than the other team. 

It's not pretty to watch but thats in part due to how teams are playing against us. We need a big striker to put balls into when teams are sitting deep so hope the new guy isn't out for too long.

That’s the 4th league game we’ve gone behind and first time we’ve picked up a point.  Then there was the 1-0 defeat at Alloa in the cup.  We did come back from 2-0 down against Celtic, only losing on penalties. 

We seem to have a big problem when we go a goal down probably because we are so easy to defend against.

Queens didn’t dominate that game but they did manage it very well once they got the lucky break with the non penalty.  They were very, very comfortable and if anything looking more likely to get a 2nd on the break than we looked like scoring.  A bit like us at Ayr last week.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence