****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You think he said we should have won.

He came out with some absolute  shite about the pitch but certainly didnt say he thinks we should have won.

:lol:

Talking shite about the pitch, or saying we didn’t do enough to win, so fecking what?!? Neilson is a disgrace. On the plus side he managed to take Dundee Utd to Palmerston on 19/10/19 and get beaten 4-0 so tonight’s an improvement at least.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

59 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Blaming the pitch when pre-match saying we’d been inside on the Astra all week **** off robbie🤬

Didn’t seem to have a problem with the plastic pitch in Kirkcaldy....

ScandinavianJambo
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, it definitely needs changed, I really don’t think Halliday is the answer... and I like Irving and he’ll be good (needs to develop his right peg tho) but McEneff would be an upgrade on him at the minute. It’s such an important part of the pitch that’s key to us ‘bossing’ the game. Haring & McEneff for me next week. 

Yes please and stop the strange formation which makes us leak in the middle. Awful. 

7 minutes ago, jager man said:

Thats difficult to be worse than him. At least he did make it to the byeline a couple of times and beat a player. Although his crossing was poor. I'm more optimistic about him than any of our other wingers . Time will tell

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.....

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He’s fast becoming the Hearts version of Neil Lennon. In fact if they ever decide to resurrect Only and Excuse it can just be Neilson and Lennon quotes.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Just now, Thomaso said:

the league is pull of plastic pitches. If we haven't got a solution for that the problem is ours. IT's BS and I'm offended that he thought so little of us as fans that we would buy that rubbish. Whole schtick is identical to Levein.

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Not defending him but there is no way Neilson is blaming the pitch inside that changing room. Coming out and slaughtering players in public isn’t the way to go.

Worth a try.

10 minutes ago, 23851 said:

OK not the result we wanted tonight but I would ask everyone who wants rid of Mrs Budge, where our future funding is going to come from? As a Hearts man since my first trip to Tynecastle in 1957 I would suggest that we have been looking for a extremely rich benefactor ever since without success. If Mrs Budge is forced out as a lot of people on here seem to want, where is our money going to come from? FOH is all well and good but not significant enough to sustain a similar spending budget on players we have had during Mrs Budge’s tenure.  Robbie was not my preference as our new manager and tonight’s result was disappointing to say the least but for anyone’s sake please support the club through thick and thin. The total infighting and slagging on JKB is so unproductive and gets us nowhere. FFS get behind what we currently have and ride with the few disappointments we experience, please!!!

17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't. 

And you haven't exactly bowled me over with a string of Hearts chances . 

my argument is not that we had 100 chances it’s that QOS did nothing as in attacking threat 

we had more then enough play in there box and should of did better 

it was a poor game that we should of won this narrative the commentators would have you believe is just pure pish 

if you seriously believe that they should of got anything out that then we watched a different game 

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, been here before said:

You think he said we should have won.

He came out with some absolute  shite about the pitch but certainly didnt say he thinks we should have won.

:lol:

Ok.

just that we possibly should have won. Ludicrous.

Edited by Francis Albert

9 minutes ago, 23851 said:

OK not the result we wanted tonight but I would ask everyone who wants rid of Mrs Budge, where our future funding is going to come from? As a Hearts man since my first trip to Tynecastle in 1957 I would suggest that we have been looking for a extremely rich benefactor ever since without success. If Mrs Budge is forced out as a lot of people on here seem to want, where is our money going to come from? FOH is all well and good but not significant enough to sustain a similar spending budget on players we have had during Mrs Budge’s tenure.  Robbie was not my preference as our new manager and tonight’s result was disappointing to say the least but for anyone’s sake please support the club through thick and thin. The total infighting and slagging on JKB is so unproductive and gets us nowhere. FFS get behind what we currently have and ride with the few disappointments we experience, please!!!

But this rich benefactor is getting us nowhere thats the salient point , we are regressing year after year while signing over priced garbage .

Maybe we need a budget cap to focus the mind and get back to basics.Look at Motherell, Saints , Livvy etc witbout our magnificent backing 

I've backed Ann all the the way but she is a huge part of our problem Utterly clueless on the footballing front and dragging us down season after season its ****ing depressing the amount of mistakes shes constantly makimg 

So poor, we are just to easy to play against, to not have a shot on target the whole game is embarrassing. We were far too defensive tonight and too rigid.

the amount of times we had the ball at the back and we have a flattish back 4 with Irving and Halliday dropping to get the ball. We only need one of them

doing that, the other one needs to push on which will then allow the ten (Jamie Walker) to push on and get closer to Boyce. He has far to much ground to cover and is trying not to leave too big a gap between him and the other two centre mids

also the full backs need to push on! We have 4 at the back with 2 sitting v one QOTS striker with a midfielder pushing on occasionally! Which then meant they had 9 against our remaining 4 players who couldn’t get a sniff. Push smith and Kingsley on which then allows the 2 wingers to double up out wide or tuck in and get closer to Boyce. It was so obvious he was too isolated but we never changed it! 

we need to do something different to break teams down. It’s like we are waiting for someone else to do something. Passing it sideways with everyone coming short to the ball is not working. It’s like we are scared to break the lines and make a forward run. There wasn’t a period in the game

tonight where I thought we were going to score.

Too many players off it. We will still go up but performances need to improve. I like the idea of haring and mcaneef as the 2. Haring sitting breaking up play and getting on the ball, with mcaneff box to box giving us energy. 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

my argument is not that we had 100 chances it’s that QOS did nothing as in attacking threat 

it was a poor game that we should of won this narrative the commentators would have you believe is just pure pish 

if you seriously believe that they should of got anything out that then we watched a different game 

I didn't say that either.

QoS did what they had to do , did it well, comfortably so. 

It wasn't a poor game if you're a Doonhamers fan.

It was yet another poor performance away from home from Neilson. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

I watched the game and we deserved precisely FA out of that game! We were playing a team without 4 of their best players and we had one shot on target in open play!

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, 5jambo1 said:

So poor, we are just to easy to play against, to not have a shot on target the whole game is embarrassing. We were far too defensive tonight and too rigid.

the amount of times we had the ball at the back and we have a flattish back 4 with Irving and Halliday dropping to get the ball. We only need one of them

doing that, the other one needs to push on which will then allow the ten (Jamie Walker) to push on and get closer to Boyce. He has far to much ground to cover and is trying not to leave too big a gap between him and the other two centre mids

also the full backs need to push on! We have 4 at the back with 2 sitting v one QOTS striker with a midfielder pushing on occasionally! Which then meant they had 9 against our remaining 4 players who couldn’t get a sniff. Push smith and Kingsley on which then allows the 2 wingers to double up out wide or tuck in and get closer to Boyce. It was so obvious he was too isolated but we never changed it! 

we need to do something different to break teams down. It’s like we are waiting for someone else to do something. Passing it sideways with everyone coming short to the ball is not working. It’s like we are scared to break the lines and make a forward run. There wasn’t a period in the game

tonight where I thought we were going to score.

Too many players off it. We will still go up but performances need to improve. I like the idea of haring and mcaneef as the 2. Haring sitting breaking up play and getting on the ball, with mcaneff box to box giving us energy. 

We definitely need to try a different midfield pairing mate as it’s certainly not working at the moment. This isn’t a one off either we have been pretty poor in that area the full season. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't say that either.

QoS did what they had to do , did it well, comfortably so. 

It wasn't a poor game if you're a Doonhamers fan.

It was yet another poor performance away from home from Neilson. 

Neilson was not to blame tonight 

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nothing to do with the pitch , we where pure garbage tonight. 

maroonedinbriz
9 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Many folk will disagree.

nailed by the king

Could probably be the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a hearts team ! Dreadful Robbie get yer act together shape up or ship oot 

Edited by nailed by the king

You're right : he clearly said it was all down to the pitch and I believe him. 

Why don't our players learn how to play the ref? Would've made a huge difference tonight. GMS hardly got a foul all game, but every time one of their players fell over it was a free kick, or penalty. 

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But, as Drumjambo says, we were playing against 10 men for the majority of that match. We’ve been poor in midfield for some weeks - and I applaud RN for sticking with it, he’s clearly trying to develop a partnership there - but it’s not working nearly as good as it should. Time for a change. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That was daft him saying that but players need to take responsibility for that tonight 

Am not the biggest Robbie fan but not to blinded to see that he was not to blame 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah - and he said before the game that it was OK because we have apitch like that to train on...

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Thought he looked quite good at Ayr when he came on but tonight he was a big disappointment. 

It is pretty much the norm for most of our signings. Look good for half a game or two then ...

3 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

We definitely need to try a different midfield pairing mate as it’s certainly not working at the moment. This isn’t a one off either we have been pretty poor in that area the full season. 

I agree mate. We have nothing linking middle to front. Been a problem all season. Irving has had a few good games but also a few poor ones.  Mceneff has looked sharp and looks like he has the energy to be box to box and play sharp 1 2s and make runs in behind. Hopefully he adapts quickly and gets a run as it’s not working!

Halliday and Irving are too similar in terms of sitting deep and looking to get the ball off the back 4 and opening it up the other way as there’s nothing on in front of them, then repeat...

Jambof3tornado
48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What has Irving done better than Halliday tonight ?

Yup,far too protected, young Scottish therefore ignore how shite he plays and blame others. At least halliday got stuck in and didnt give the ball away.

Francis Albert

That was daft him saying that but players need to take responsibility for that tonight 

Am not the biggest Robbie fan but not to blinded to see that he was not to blame 

So who exactly is responsible for the team's performances?

The 4 2 3 1 formation is bloody eye bleeding with this squad. Especially in games like tonight, Walker just mulling about, wee passes backwards everytime. QoS gameplan was to pack the midfield and it worked.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
34 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

O of S had a game plan. Their players followed it . Put our defence under pressure. We had the usual backwards passing game and created minimal chances. Even the bias commentators said we were outplayed. If we hadn’t been outplayed we would have won handsomely. As I said before only the deranged think we are playing as a Hearts team should. I’ve been watching Hearts since the 1960’s and apart from last season and the 70’s, I’ve never seen a Hearts team play so badly as this season.

we have wingers that can’t beat full backs, midfielders who pass backwards and defenders that get continually caught out. Forwards that are to wee. How many of these players would have got a game in the team in 60’s, 80’s or 90’s. Possibly one.

Sorry mate, I noticed you left out the 70's. I remember being gutted when we sold Eamon Bannon in the seventies because we had no other quality players in the side. We were truly awful then. Since Alex McDonald managed Hearts, we've risen occasionally and sustained a better level. Today we have some players that would easily get into the side Bannon left behind, i.e. Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Naismith, Walker and Boyce. To be fair, that group of players should be delivering more. We are clear at the top of the Championship, so we should at least appreciate that.

4 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Many folk will disagree.

That’s there prerogative mate 

but it’s far to easy to blame the manager every time 

Robbie does and will still get things wrong and am still not sure he is the right man to take us up a level but tonight he was not the problem only thing a would of did different was Naismith before Henderson 

24 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Said above Thomaso Guy sent off at Raith giving us more room and an advantage in middle 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Robbie was trying to say you cant play one touch football on that surface. 

Did that surface come as a surprise to the players??

No leaders on that pitch until naismith came on.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Robbie if we win

The pitch/weather/referee if we don’t 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ok.

just that we possibly should have won. Ludicrous.

:rofl:

How the **** are you struggling with this?

He didnt say we possibly should have won either. The only person saying the word possibly is you. Neilson said "We're disappointed not to take 3 points. Did we do enough to take 3 points? Probably not".

He's got enough faults about him just now without you making shite up.

I gave the team a pass last week because of the windy conditions at Ayr. I can't give a pass for that performance tonight. Ryan Stevenson himself said that, other than it being cold, there was no real reason for Hearts to play so poorly tonight. That is good enough for me. I thought tonight was a terrible performance all round. 

Most of the players were poor but the manager had a shocker tonight as well. He signs Aaron McEneff with the idea that McEneff is a player who gets into the box and scores goals. Tonight we are 1-0 down and desperately needing a goal. So what does Robbie Neilson do? He brings McEneff on and has him hanging around the centre of midfield in a deeper lying role attempting to create chances for others. What was that all about?! If you bought the boy because he's good at getting into the box and finishing off chances, then use him that way! I don't understand what the manager was thinking there at all. And another move I didn't like.........bringing on Euan Henderson when we are chasing the game. Henderson has shown nothing in recent weeks to make me think he's a guy that can be relied upon to turn a game our way when we are behind or struggling. And sure enough, he did precious little when he did come on. There has to be better changes that could have been made than that.

All in all, I am pretty bummed out by what I watched tonight. That was really poor.

Edited by No Idle Talk

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Robbie is

but because we never won it’s his fault so it’s his fault Boyce never shot instead of passing it’s his fault GMS never put good crosses in when in very good positions it’s his fault aswell the ref gave a penalty that to be honest If anything was a foul on Kingsley 

you bash on tho

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😂

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Yup and a player kicked out by Levein and Neilson after scoring a hat trick!!

should have four as he hit the post (Killie game)  😁

32 minutes ago, 23851 said:

This how I normally would feel but ive had enough Its almost the same performance each week Sit down really looking forward to watching us and within minutes really frustrated by how boring we are 

56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another factor tonight. 10 corners and at least 4 free kicks in good areas not one produced any quality. 

These Friday nights have been shit, I wouldn't argue any different 

Spot on and 8 of the 10 corners never cleared the first man.

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

But this rich benefactor is getting us nowhere thats the salient point , we are regressing year after year while signing over priced garbage .

Maybe we need a budget cap to focus the mind and get back to basics.Look at Motherell, Saints , Livvy etc witbout our magnificent backing 

I've backed Ann all the the way but she is a huge part of our problem Utterly clueless on the footballing front and dragging us down season after season its ****ing depressing the amount of mistakes shes constantly makimg 

Ok I get what you are saying but there is nobody busting a gut to buy her out or take over. We have what we have and we just have to get on with it.  We are top of the Championship and will probably win it at a canter . Robbie as I said was not my preferred option but he is our manager and he deserves support, not  constant inane criticism.

2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Robbie is

but because we never won it’s his fault so it’s his fault Boyce never shot instead of passing it’s his fault GMS never put good crosses in when in very good positions it’s his fault aswell the ref gave a penalty that to be honest If anything was a foul on Kingsley 

you bash on tho

Neilson was not to blame tonight .... wot you said. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Robbie is

you bash on tho

Maybe you need to stop bashing on! 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we should be technically good enough to conquer the pitch. 

These pitches do slow the game,  but we have overcome that before. 

Why people take these comments literally I'm not sure, not many post match comments are genuine. 

Very few have a go at their own players. 

Not a Neilson trait, a football management one. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

How the **** are you struggling with this?

He didnt say we possibly should have won either. The only person saying the word possibly is you. Neilson said "We're disappointed not to take 3 points. Did we do enough to take 3 points? Probably not".

He's got enough faults about him just now without you making shite up.

We probably didn't deserve 3 points? Delusional.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, credit card said:

Spot on and 8 of the 10 corners never cleared the first man.

Get macphee back in to organise set pieces!!!

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Neilson was not to blame tonight .... wot you said. 

And I stand by if 

so you think it’s his fault the players never made the right choices when in there box because we were in there box more then enough times to make something happen nothing came off tonight 

not the managers fault this time for me