****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

Apart from being cheating *****,  fair play to QoS for their defending and dangerous counters.  They had their big performance.  Tough jobby they didn't win.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What has Irving done better than Halliday tonight ?

Absolutely nothing and it's not the first time. He gets an easy ride  he has far too many games like tonight 

45 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Goal finally came when Naismith was right up front with Boyce. There's an idea for you Robbie!

Unfortunately despite signing 5 wingers we still don't have any wingers so here's my team going forward.

Gordon

Popescu Haring Halkett

Smith  Irving McEneff  Kingsley 

Walker

Boyce   Naismith 

This should 100% be tried we're getting nowhere in the middle of the park wi Irving and Halliday wi any 2 wingers 

How Haring can't get in that team absolutely staggers me - Even on one leg ffs!!

even 4 1 3 2 but please please please Robbie no more 1 up front 

7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

FFS he was only on for ten minutes and did more than Halliday achieved in 80

O of S had a game plan. Their players followed it . Put our defence under pressure. We had the usual backwards passing game and created minimal chances. Even the bias commentators said we were outplayed. If we hadn’t been outplayed we would have won handsomely. As I said before only the deranged think we are playing as a Hearts team should. I’ve been watching Hearts since the 1960’s and apart from last season and the 70’s, I’ve never seen a Hearts team play so badly as this season.

we have wingers that can’t beat full backs, midfielders who pass backwards and defenders that get continually caught out. Forwards that are to wee. How many of these players would have got a game in the team in 60’s, 80’s or 90’s. Possibly one.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s the 4th league we’ve gone behind and first time we’ve picked up a point.  Then there was the 1-0 defeat at Alloa in the cup.  We did come back from 2-0 down against Celtic, only losing on penalties. 

We seem to have a big problem when we go a goal down probably because we are so easy to defend against.

Queens didn’t dominate that game but they did manage it very well once they got the lucky break with the non penalty.  They were very, very comfortable and if anything looking more likely to get a 2nd on the break than we looked like scoring.  A bit like us at Ayr last week.  

So in summary, we’re pretty shite.

Would love to see a midfield of Haring and McEneff starting. Just to see how it works... Halliday and Irving were poor tonight and have been lately. Away to Raith aside, they’ve struggled. Raith-loss very poor, Dunf-poor, Ayr-poor, tonight-poor.  
Also, we need two up front in this league. Boyce needs a partner... and that will need time to develop. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s the 4th league game we’ve gone behind and first time we’ve picked up a point.  Then there was the 1-0 defeat at Alloa in the cup.  We did come back from 2-0 down against Celtic, only losing on penalties. 

We seem to have a big problem when we go a goal down probably because we are so easy to defend against.

Queens didn’t dominate that game but they did manage it very well once they got the lucky break with the non penalty.  They were very, very comfortable and if anything looking more likely to get a 2nd on the break than we looked like scoring.  A bit like us at Ayr last week.  

Weren't we behind at Tynecastle earlier this season but came from behind to win? 

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, been here before said:

No he didnt.

"We're disappointed not to take 3 points. Did we do enough to take 3 points? Probably not".

Probably not??? PROBABLY NOT? We did not do enough to take one point. 

2 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

This should 100% be tried we're getting nowhere in the middle of the park wi Irving and Halliday wi any 2 wingers 

How Haring can't get in that team absolutely staggers me - Even on one leg ffs!!

even 4 1 3 2 but please please please Robbie no more 1 up front 

Please Robbie win the league,then quietly fo.

24 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

QoS had a comfortable night , very comfortable. The penalty was Hearts first (only ?) shot on target ? You think that standard of play will keep Hearts in the top league next season ? 

There keeper pushed walkers shot on to the post so that’s on target 

we had more then enough play in and around there box to win that game just 

that’s not Robbie’s fault 

man not saying we were at our best but to say we they were better is just a joke 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kingsley generally has been a good signing. 

GMS is only just in the door and will come good. 

Chronic syndrome of modern day football if you don't perform day 1 your shit. 

Fuller and Suso first few games were well below par.

Kastaneer a stop gap for Ginnelly who could have been a good signing, but another fitness disaster. 

No doubt we have been average too often, but partly due to every teams cup final. 

When we played the games at Hampden, different story.

Confident though that there will be more competition 

Kingsley has been very poor defensively imo and GMS looks a classic Hearts signing over the last few years, QOS were under strength and little better than Lowland league standard, you shouldn't need time to perform against that garbage when youre on. circa 3k a week.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Would love to see a midfield of Haring and McEneff starting. Just to see how it works... Halliday and Irving were poor tonight and have been lately. Away to Raith aside, they’ve struggled. Raith-loss very poor, Dunf-poor, tonight-poor.  
Also, we need two up front in this league. Boyce needs a partner... and that will need time to develop. 

Raith had a guy in midfield sent off first half how? 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Arrogance,  complacency more likely I think. 

Table shows they are well clear. Usual for everything to be pinned on the manager, just not seeing enough responsibility from the players for me, too many times. 

There is not enough responsibility from the players. 

Neilson is there manager though and its his job to sort out the players attitudes if they are wrong. 

Why there attitude is not right playing for such a big club is the worrying thing imo. 

Maybe the players are too arrogant and to an extent they changed that second half at Ayr last week. 

Not tonight though apart from maybe Boyce and Smith. 

The rest didn't looked like they gave a toss tbh. 

That's the worrying thing for me. 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Correct. If Kingsley had done what the attacker did then it was a pen.

We were rubbish tonight but it’s a horrible horrible league. Not easy at all. These teams are up for it against us and they are not bad players. Most have been at bigger clubs and just not quite done it consistently. They don’t try to play football against us. I think it was Graygo said above, they get lauded for their performance but if it was us that played like them we’d get slaughtered. Every week is a horrible away cup draw that you just want to scrape through and get to next round. Can’t wait for this season to be done with. 

I was at the 1st game at Palmerston in the Champ season when Hearts arguably had a better team and QOS most definitively did (they were full time). The standard of the football was way better than tonight.

I'm not gonna blame/congratulate a really , bang average (to be kind) QOS tonight : I only care about Hearts, and it wasn't good enough. Imagine that team , that coach next season. Any/every team can just sit back and they will have an easy day beating Hearts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Would love to see a midfield of Haring and McEneff starting. Just to see how it works... Halliday and Irving were poor tonight and have been lately. Away to Raith aside, they’ve struggled. Raith-loss very poor, Dunf-poor, tonight-poor.  

Yip, being dropped is the only thing some of these will understand. 

Probably won't kill the myth we are worse with Naismith in the team. 

Motivation seems to be hard to come by, even Stendel suffered 

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Stevo did. 😏

Anyway all about different opinions.

Maybe this will give them a kick up the arse and things will improve. 

I think we think it’s done which is very disrespectful to us 

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

O of S had a game plan. Their players followed it . Put our defence under pressure. We had the usual backwards passing game and created minimal chances. Even the bias commentators said we were outplayed. If we hadn’t been outplayed we would have won handsomely. As I said before only the deranged think we are playing as a Hearts team should. I’ve been watching Hearts since the 1960’s and apart from last season and the 70’s, I’ve never seen a Hearts team play so badly as this season.

we have wingers that can’t beat full backs, midfielders who pass backwards and defenders that get continually caught out. Forwards that are to wee. How many of these players would have got a game in the team in 60’s, 80’s or 90’s. Possibly one.

I said to my Mrs that I have the same apathy toward this Hearts team as I did toward Levein’s. She said “you ended up hating Levein in the end”. I suppose it’s taken me less time to have apathy toward Neilson’s team. I fear the end result is going to be the same.

1 minute ago, One five said:

Why is Haring on the bench at never getting any time , seems strange to me like.

Absolutely baffling your not trying to tell me hell be slower than the two centres tonight......Impossible

20 minutes ago, gavvy said:

This 100%, the ref was a sucker for their nonsense all night.

But the narrative will be big physical hearts as always 

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I take it you didn’t hear the part where he said we didn’t do enough to win all three points?

Probably didn't do enough. Deluded if he thinks we even remotely did enough to deserve to win.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would love that. Stevie is a genius and at least we would have great music. Alas, even that genius could not get a tune out of the duds we have.

No argument in any of that from me. 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

There keeper pushed walkers shot on to the post so that’s on target 

we had more then enough play in and around there box to win that game just 

that’s not Robbie’s fault 

man not saying we were at our best but to say we they were better is just a joke 

I didn't. 

And you haven't exactly bowled me over with a string of Hearts chances . 

Raith had a guy in midfield sent off first half how? 

Right enough, forgot about that!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like Irving and he’s got the potential to be a far better player than Halliday but the two of them should be dropped and give others a try. The central midfield area was awful tonight abs not fir the first time. 

I agree 

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kingsley generally has been a good signing. 

GMS is only just in the door and will come good. 

Chronic syndrome of modern day football if you don't perform day 1 your shit. 

Fuller and Suso first few games were well below par.

Kastaneer a stop gap for Ginnelly who could have been a good signing, but another fitness disaster. 

No doubt we have been average too often, but partly due to every teams cup final. 

When we played the games at Hampden, different story.

Confident though that there will be more competition 

Kastaneer looks like he could be worse than Frear!!! Not quite as bad as Roberts in at least he gets on the ball but he can’t control or pass it properly!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Kingsley has been very poor defensively imo and GMS looks a classic Hearts signing over the last few years, QOS were under strength and little better than Lowland league standard, you shouldn't need time to perform against that garbage when youre on. circa 3k a week.

GMS is hot or cold, everywhere he has been. He will have a spell.

Personally believe we are better with Haring and Naismith in the team but apparently Neilson reluctant to play them. Maybe wary they are Leveins men

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

I think we think it’s done which is very disrespectful to us 

It is mate

We should want to go out and hammer teams the way we were treated by other clubs. 

That desire should be there but not sure it is tbh. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Weren't we behind at Tynecastle earlier this season but came from behind to win? 

Sorry, I should have said from 1-0 down.  Think we were 2-1 down at one point at home to Ayr before winning 5-3, although we did go 1-0 up in that game.  We definitely have a problem breaking teams down away from home and even more so when we go behind.  Due to the lack or urgency, pace and creativity.  Been a problem for years and no closer to sorting it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Kastaneer looks like he could be worse than Frear!!! Not quite as bad as Roberts in at least he gets on the ball but he can’t control or pass it properly!! 

Pretty shit. Last toy on the shelf end of window signing. 

Selection issues this week, I'd have some sweeping changes,  not Henderson though 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Right enough, forgot about that!

We're continually outgunned in the middle and Im beginning to wonder what our bench are watching 

Haring even half fit would do more than the two guys in the middle did tonight - Anybody remember Easter Road where he ran the show single handed - Also first cup final against the tic was immense on an injection to enable him to play 

We owe the guy big time...........Get him in and playing 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't. 

And you haven't exactly bowled me over with a string of Hearts chances . 

Let's be honest we were lucky to get a point

Stevo got it spot on

27 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

My memory just as bad!

Think hes away or head not in the game for Hearts, can only see us regretting his transfer.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Probably not??? PROBABLY NOT? We did not do enough to take one point. 

You think he said we should have won.

He came out with some absolute  shite about the pitch but certainly didnt say he thinks we should have won.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Thought he looked quite good at Ayr when he came on but tonight he was a big disappointment. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sorry, I should have said from 1-0 down.  Think we were 2-1 down at one point at home to Ayr before winning 5-3, although we did go 1-0 up in that game.  We definitely have a problem breaking teams down away from home and even more so when we go behind.  Due to the lack or urgency, pace and creativity.  Been a problem for years and no closer to sorting it. 

Can't break teams down because they play too narrow making for a congested final 3rd. Looking for the perfect flick to get in behind.

Kastaneer was brought in for pace down the wing but was in his opponents pocket all night.

Can't say I'm surprised at the result, Even if we had lost i wouldn't have been surprised, Story of our season so far, Major changes needed if we go up next season.

We still need half a team of better quality, 2 x Centre halfs, 2 x Wingers ( I would give ginelly a short term deal maybe 1 year with option to extend) I think we also need 2 x midfielders as it doesnt look like haring is going to get back to the same level and Irving looks off so maybe 3 also another striker is needed now that wighton has left.

So thats 7/8 signings that are first team quality that we need imo.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Pretty shit. Last toy on the shelf end of window signing. 

Selection issues this week, I'd have some sweeping changes,  not Henderson though 

I really hope he is telling the players that it’s not good enough. 
I would agree with you and say changes need to be made for next week. 

I would go 

Gordon 

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley

Mceneff.     Haring 

Walker      Naismith.   Henderson      
                    Boyce 

Can’t believe I have Henderson in but GMS and Kasteneer need dropped as well as Halliday and Irving. 

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Yep,he knows the game,sadly most of the rest are lost,can only lay that at RN.

Agree. Ryan Stevenson and James McFadden called it spot on.  Worst performance this season and let's have no shit about the plastic pitch.

Queens were a classic example of how to play us and it worked to a tee and we were bloody lucky to get the draw.  

The game exemplified all that is flawed about our play and okay so we may well win the league but I for one do not want to watch performances like this one.

Ryan said correctly we were rubbish and James articulated exactly why.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I was at the 1st game at Palmerston in the Champ season when Hearts arguably had a better team and QOS most definitively did (they were full time). The standard of the football was way better than tonight.

I'm not gonna blame/congratulate a really , bang average (to be kind) QOS tonight : I only care about Hearts, and it wasn't good enough. Imagine that team , that coach next season. Any/every team can just sit back and they will have an easy day beating Hearts. 

Both teams we’re definitely better that season.  Queens made the playoffs and iirc beat Rangers at least twice.  Aren’t they still full time now though?

5 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Thats difficult to be worse than him. At least he did make it to the byeline a couple of times and beat a player. Although his crossing was poor. I'm more optimistic about him than any of our other wingers . Time will tell

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Was it before they changed the pitch? I don’t know when they did that. The amount of times Hearts players were first to the ball but their touch got away from them was ridiculous.

I think we try to play too much football. Get it launched up the channels and play more direct for this league. Win second balls. We’ve not got good enough players to play the way we are at the moment.

Ironically I think we’ll be ok a league up. A bit more time on the ball and some space to attack when better players try to play against us. Having 10 guys smashing in to us and booting the ball up the park is hard to play against.

I’d like 2 new central defenders and at least 1 new central midfielder though. McEneff definitely has potential 

OK not the result we wanted tonight but I would ask everyone who wants rid of Mrs Budge, where our future funding is going to come from? As a Hearts man since my first trip to Tynecastle in 1957 I would suggest that we have been looking for a extremely rich benefactor ever since without success. If Mrs Budge is forced out as a lot of people on here seem to want, where is our money going to come from? FOH is all well and good but not significant enough to sustain a similar spending budget on players we have had during Mrs Budge’s tenure.  Robbie was not my preference as our new manager and tonight’s result was disappointing to say the least but for anyone’s sake please support the club through thick and thin. The total infighting and slagging on JKB is so unproductive and gets us nowhere. FFS get behind what we currently have and ride with the few disappointments we experience, please!!!

We're continually outgunned in the middle and Im beginning to wonder what our bench are watching 

Haring even half fit would do more than the two guys in the middle did tonight - Anybody remember Easter Road where he ran the show single handed - Also first cup final against the tic was immense on an injection to enable him to play 

We owe the guy big time...........Get him in and playing 

Yeah, it definitely needs changed, I really don’t think Halliday is the answer... and I like Irving and he’ll be good (needs to develop his right peg tho) but McEneff would be an upgrade on him at the minute. It’s such an important part of the pitch that’s key to us ‘bossing’ the game. Haring & McEneff for me next week.