Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts

eck1874

11 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Does this mean we’ll be THE FIRST team ever to virtually sell out a stadium? Has anyone ran this past H1b5? I mean they’re THE FIRST for everything, right? Don’t want to tread on their toes 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know, I know; I'm repeating myself here but Hibs were beaten to it by Lokomotive Leipzig. Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lokomotive Leipzig didn't have floodlights before them, or a crazy sloping pitch for that matter! 😆

https://www.rt.com/sport/485816-german-team-virtual-game-record-tickets/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Folk questioning why it isnt mentioned in the media yet I cant see anything on the FoH or HMFC websites. I understand Hearts may not want to promote this (though I would prefer if they did) but as the idea came from FoH I thought it would be on their site. 

Hopefully ICT will keep providing updates to try and keep the early momentum going as I would love us to sell out their stadium (and then sell more). 

It's on Hearts Twitter feed 👍

12 minutes ago, lou said:

This appears to have ruffled green feathers I can only think they are a bit perplexed that we will raise more money in less time for another team than their HSL Hampden plea raised in weeks, as the much coined phrase goes form is temporary, class is permanent 🇱🇻🇱🇻

As I posted elsewhere:- Never forget 🤭

20210208_094543.jpg

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Ta, though I am one of the few who dont use Twitter. 

🤣🤣🤣 Me neither!... no danger will I sign up to that... but you can 'view' twitter pages online. That's enough for me!

15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I know, I know; I'm repeating myself here but Hibs were beaten to it by Lokomotive Leipzig. Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lokomotive Leipzig didn't have floodlights before them, or a crazy sloping pitch for that matter! 😆

https://www.rt.com/sport/485816-german-team-virtual-game-record-tickets/

Lokomotive Leipzig were the first team I ever saw Hearts beat 5-1. 1976 European Cup Winners Cup second leg after they'd won 2-0 in Leipzig.

1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

I think the telling number will be if we can raise more for a fellow, sensible minded club in a couple of weeks than the Hobos can raise in their extra special, let’s really push it this month  Ponsi  scheme

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

The media silence on this says a lot for me.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-generosity-praised-inverness-record-attendance-sight-virtual-tickets-surpass-5k-3127227

16 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Lokomotive Leipzig were the first team I ever saw Hearts beat 5-1. 1976 European Cup Winners Cup second leg after they'd won 2-0 in Leipzig.

'Synchronicity' or what? As for the 5-1 scoreline? You couldn't make it up! 😆

43 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Folk questioning why it isnt mentioned in the media yet I cant see anything on the FoH or HMFC websites. I understand Hearts may not want to promote this (though I would prefer if they did) but as the idea came from FoH I thought it would be on their site. 

Hopefully ICT will keep providing updates to try and keep the early momentum going as I would love us to sell out their stadium (and then sell more). 

It's a Federation idea, not foundation.

Stevire Kilgour, president of the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I suspect, like me, he's referring to the red tops who, as I've said, if it was St Celtic, it would be a 4 page spread.

Was thinking overnight that it is quite a long virtual drive up to Inverness, so I decided to take the family. The wife has been before but this will be the first game for my 2 "boys" - great that you can take cats to virtual games! FTH

image.png.7cf7aa0ca054a9117ae95ccb4a85fbde.png

9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was thinking overnight that it is quite a long virtual drive up to Inverness, so I decided to take the family. The wife has been before but this will be the first game for my 2 "boys" - great that you can take cats to virtual games! FTH

image.png.7cf7aa0ca054a9117ae95ccb4a85fbde.png

Watch out for ice on the road......

scott herbertson
Just now, Section Q said:

No problem for  him surely - he'll have his own cat's eyes with him....

13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

This is a brilliant read. https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?350685-The-biggest-away-support-EVER!&p=6459659#post6459659

Desperately trying to convince themselves we’re a diddy championship club😂

😂😂😂.....I'm away to buy another ticket just to annoy the feckers over on hubs.nut.....😂😂

Edited by micole

1 minute ago, micole said:

😂😂😂.....I'm away to buy another ticket just to annoy the feckers over on hubs.nut.....😂😂

Let us know the number. We must be nearing 6K by now. 🤞

40 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I suspect, like me, he's referring to the red tops who, as I've said, if it was St Celtic, it would be a 4 page spread.

You don’t do something like this for fame praise or publicity, you do it because someone needed help and you could help them and it was right to help. 

It felt good to help. I don’t care if anyone else thinks it’s great that we helped. It felt good, someone was helped and that’s enough.

35 minutes ago, Section Q said:

It's only virtual ice which isn't so dangerous...I'm actually hoping that it is a virtual sunny day.

Seriously though, saw a ticker whilst on the ICT website that they've signed Anthony McDonald. Guessing he failed to settle in Spain...

Edited by Spellczech

Quite funny that Hibs fans are slagging us off for donating towards ICT for 'having our back'...whilst shitloads of them were donating to the sponsored walks 🤣

Edited by neilnunb

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Strongly disagree... it would be a special edition pull-out section... multiple interviews with 'unnamed sources' and nauseating references to the 'best fans in the wurr-old.' 🤬😳🤬. Whoever they would be 'saving' would be lost in the verbal diarrhea... and not even relevant. Rant over.

FCFC FTH FTSPFL FTDR

Anyone signed any of their hibs friends/acquaintances up for a ticket? Quite nice for them to receive a thank you letter from Robbo I reckon. 

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Quite funny that Hibs fans are slagging us off for donating towards ICT for 'having our back'...whilst shitloads of them were donating to the sponsored walks 🤣

Ooohh good point 👍

9 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Anyone signed any of their hibs friends/acquaintances up for a ticket? Quite nice for them to receive a thank you letter from Robbo I reckon. 

😂

Weakened Offender
39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ooohh good point 👍

They've also been mentioning our semi final record. 😀

Just purchased a £10 ticket.  Was going to buy 2 * £5 to boost the crowd :) but quite fancy getting the personal letter signed by Robbo.

Francis Albert
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

No disrespect intended but curmudgeom isn’t a gender...yet. 😎

Give it time Dave. In fact since children are apparently being taught there are 100 genders I am surprised curmudgeon hasn't had a look in yet.

scott herbertson
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Give it time Dave. In fact since children are apparently being taught there are 100 genders I am surprised curmudgeon hasn't had a look in yet.

You're right, Frances

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

No problem for  him surely - he'll have his own cat's eyes with him....

You'd be lucky just to get to the end of your road without falling on yer bahookie! 😉

Edited by Wee Mikey

The Old Tolbooth

Hibs fans are really upset about this eh? They're calling it desperate and vomit inducing, whilst regurgitating more of their own lies to try and make themselves feel better about things, but I'll tell you what's desperate, voting to expel us from the league and costing yourselves over £100k in the process, out of sheer and absolute spite, and I'll also tell you what's vomit inducing too, the love in they've had with Scumdee since 1986, for a game that didn't even involve them, and they even made a Scumdee player from that year one of their absolute heroes, that's totally vomit inducing! 

What Hearts fans are doing right now is making a statement, and it's a massive statement as well because only a few weeks ago we had the Morton manager bleating like hell about how Hearts fans boycotted their stream and cost them around £30k, and they couldn't afford to pay their own players at Xmas, what a wee shame, but they were one of the clubs who didn't just stab us in the back, they rubbed out noses in it in the press as well, they were dealt their medicine and they really didn't like the taste of it. ICT were one of the few clubs  who stood up for sporting integrity, and Hearts fans are putting our money where our mouth is and supporting them financially, we said we'd boycott and the majority have done so costing other clubs a lot of money, we said we'd support those who fought with us in our quest to right a very bad wrong, and we're doing that too. 

Well done to each and every Hearts and ICT fan who've purchased tickets for Friday's game, take a bow lads. :) 

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You'd be lucky just to get to the end of your road without falling on yer bahookie! 😉

Haven't been able to get my car out of the drive since last Monday. Just about melted yesterda but another 3 inches fallen today

Locked down in a Lockdown. Still the Asda van with my beers and my wife's gin got through yesterday so life goes on.......

Maybe Hibs could sell some virtual tickets to help Harthill Services through this tough time. I have noticed in the past that they have a special relationship and not once but twice in recent history have filled up the east bound forecourt in enormous numbers. It is known to be fact that on the 2nd of April 2006 at 13.15pm and again on the 19th of May 2012 at 16.15pm the Hibernian support arrived on the East bound forecourt in huge numbers to support there favourite service station. This feat was made even more iconic, simply because at the time of this incredible support shown to Harthill Services there very own football team was being BOBBIED senseless by the famous Heart Of Midlothian just a few miles up the road at Hampden.

#saveourservicestation

#FTH

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Hibs fans are really upset about this eh? They're calling it desperate and vomit inducing, whilst regurgitating more of their own lies to try and make themselves feel better about things, but I'll tell you what's desperate, voting to expel us from the league and costing yourselves over £100k in the process, out of sheer and absolute spite, and I'll also tell you what's vomit inducing too, the love in they've had with Scumdee since 1986, for a game that didn't even involve them, and they even made a Scumdee player from that year one of their absolute heroes, that's totally vomit inducing! 

What Hearts fans are doing right now is making a statement, and it's a massive statement as well because only a few weeks ago we had the Morton manager bleating like hell about how Hearts fans boycotted their stream and cost them around £30k, and they couldn't afford to pay their own players at Xmas, what a wee shame, but they were one of the clubs who didn't just stab us in the back, they rubbed out noses in it in the press as well, they were dealt their medicine and they really didn't like the taste of it. ICT were one of the few clubs  who stood up for sporting integrity, and Hearts fans are putting our money where our mouth is and supporting them financially, we said we'd boycott and the majority have done so costing other clubs a lot of money, we said we'd support those who fought with us in our quest to right a very bad wrong, and we're doing that too. 

Well done to each and every Hearts and ICT fan who've purchased tickets for Friday's game, take a bow lads. :) 

Top rant. You saved me an hour's worth of typing. 👏👏👏

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Haven't been able to get my car out of the drive since last Monday. Just about melted yesterda but another 3 inches fallen today

Locked down in a Lockdown. Still the Asda van with my beers and my wife's gin got through yesterday so life goes on.......

Indeed it does ...

20210208_123653.jpg

17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolutely THIS!!!

21 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Maybe Hibs could sell some virtual tickets to help Harthill Services through this tough time. I have noticed in the past that they have a special relationship and not once but twice in recent history have filled up the east bound forecourt in enormous numbers. It is known to be fact that on the 2nd of April 2006 at 13.15pm and again on the 19th of May 2012 at 16.15pm the Hibernian support arrived on the East bound forecourt in huge numbers to support there favourite service station. This feat was made even more iconic, simply because at the time of this incredible support shown to Harthill Services there very own football team was being BOBBIED senseless by the famous Heart Of Midlothian just a few miles up the road at Hampden.

#saveourservicestation

#FTH

😂superb.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

You don’t do something like this for fame praise or publicity, you do it because someone needed help and you could help them and it was right to help. 

It felt good to help. I don’t care if anyone else thinks it’s great that we helped. It felt good, someone was helped and that’s enough.

It would be so easy to react to your self-righteous post which, not surprisingly, claims a sort of moral high ground that was never in dispute in the first place.

For some it wasn't a matter of "feeling good to help," but it was the right thing to do, even if it was difficult for some to do it.  Most of us can easily afford it but I do not "feel good" about it, rather, it brings honour to our club and its supporters and, to bring the absence of coverage in the Glasgow Bigot Brothers propaganda departments to light.

Making the comparison between us doing this and what it would have been like if it was St Celtic the Blessed is completely valid.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

It's only virtual ice which isn't so dangerous...I'm actually hoping that it is a virtual sunny day.

Seriously though, saw a ticker whilst on the ICT website that they've signed Anthony McDonald. Guessing he failed to settle in Spain...

And I'm hoping we vitually hammer them.....😁😁......!

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It would be so easy to react to your self-righteous post which, not surprisingly, claims a sort of moral high ground that was never in dispute in the first place.

For some it wasn't a matter of "feeling good to help," but it was the right thing to do, even if it was difficult for some to do it.  Most of us can easily afford it but I do not "feel good" about it, rather, it brings honour to our club and its supporters and, to bring the absence of coverage in the Glasgow Bigot Brothers propaganda departments to light.

Making the comparison between us doing this and what it would have been like if it was St Celtic the Blessed is completely valid.

Your paranoia and cynicism knows no bounds. I M Jolly.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

And I'm hoping we vitually hammer them.....😁😁......!

We will, of that I am sure. Not 'virtually', though; in actuality. Mind you, Robbo might, just might, end up being 'The Hammer of the Hearts'. 😄

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Your paranoia and cynicism knows no bounds. I M Jolly.

Very poor response.  "Cynicism?"  Define!

"Cant," define!  There's irony for you.

So you definitely don't think that the red tops would have it there in bold type if Celtic (or Rangers) were doing this?

Edited by colinmaroon