Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts

eck1874

Imagine the number of us that would’ve turned up had fans been allowed. We’d have laid siege to the toun o Inverness. I hope somehow they permit us to have a few Hearts flags on show on the 26th. That really would get up the noses of the SPFL and the rat clubs who voted against 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

The Future's Maroon
23 minutes ago, kila said:

Seat ga ga?

181031-freddie-mercury-mn-0950_0_d2b593e

Git, beat me to it

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

How do your know your number?   I have not been given one.  Not a concern, just curious.  

It was displayed during the payment transaction onscreen.

Over 5,000 tickets sold. Must be around £50,000 big ones for Caley Thistle.

Shove that up your farter Dick Gordon, you dandy loving, sheep molesting, giggling welt.

1 hour ago, Kxf51 said:

That's it👍 think that's what it said, christ I didn't take a photo of it😂

I'm taking a guess that the GA stands for General Admission or something like that.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

On behalf of Chairman Ross Morrison and the Board of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, our Manager, players and staff, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our virtual match “ticket” initiative in this incredible first 24 hours or so.

We thank as ever, the supporters of ICTFC who have once again stepped up for their club and spent their hard earned money to back us when the current pressures of the outside world are so great. 

We also thank the fans of the other Scottish clubs, both in the Championship and the Premiership who have also made such generous contributions to a game where their own team isn’t even involved and also fans of the clubs in England who have done likewise. Such kindness is a reminder of the strength of football fans and indeed our game of football. 

All of that said, we cannot emphasise how simply blown away we have been by the almost instantaneous warmth and generosity of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

As I write, we have now sold over 4,700 virtual “tickets” for our game on Friday, February 26th. The vast majority of which have been purchased by Jambos. To put this in some context for those who don’t know the Caledonian Stadium, that is the equivalent of selling out the 2,200 capacity South Stand which is the traditional away end that Hearts fans would have been occupying and also selling out the 2,200 North Stand, normally occupied by ICT supporters. This means that as things stand, Hearts fans have become the biggest away support (virtual or real) ever at the Caledonian Stadium.

Our capacity is 7,822 and we have now managed to sell 60% of that in just over a day. 

When we had sold 1,000 tickets in less than 90 minutes yesterday, Robbo joked with me and I really mean joked, that our record attendance which is 7,753 against Rangers would be under threat. Little did we know that everyone, but especially the boys in maroon, would keep it going all day and overnight. Some Hearts supporters clubs have even pledged the price of the bus that would have brought them to Inverness later this month. Incredible generosity.

I have spoken to Hearts Chairman Ann Budge this afternoon and she shares my gratitude and wonder at everyone’s efforts so far. I have also spoken to Stevie Kilgour of the Federation of Hearts Supporters and Hearts legend Gary Mackay who along with fellow players Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, and Hearts fan David Gardiner, accepted the original ICTFC donation to the 1874 Fighting Fund in 2013. 

It has been a remarkable feat of support and philanthropy from a set of fans who through the Foundation of Hearts, have led the way in Scotland on that front and it has been way beyond our hopes for this fundraising initiative. So for all of you who have joined in with this amazing effort thank you once again and for those who still may join us, it is clear now that you will be part of something quite remarkable.

On a serious note, Manager John Robertson has now entered training camp in order to be able to sign thousands of tickets and Thank You letters in the coming days #prayforrobbo

Thank You

Scot Gardiner

Chief Executive Officer

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club

#TogetherNess

This thread is a gem in a time where it's brightness is amplified.

I'll bet a lot of people will be smarting as well as sad that they are not a part of this because it's just right.

A lot will convince themselves that it is not what it is. Oh well.

We are the good, we are the outcasts, Come on Inverness Caledonian Thistle.  😇

Even if every single one of the 5,000 tickets was a £5 one - and I can guarantee they aren't - that will still be £25,000 to ICT. 

I wonder if the BBC Scottish Football site will see fit to mention this.  I suspect not but I live in hope.  For me. This is easily the biggest story of the season to date.

Overwhelming.

Kalamazoo Jambo
17 minutes ago, Boof said:

I'm taking a guess that the GA stands for General Admission or something like that.

Thought it was Gorgie Aggro :sad:

1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

Even they couldn't be that hard of thinking that it is only going to work for Inverness .but yes it would be comedy gold if they gave it a go

Who knows ?

They were both that hard of thinking that they decided that voting Hearts into the same league as them, giving them zero chance of winning it, would be a jolly spiffing idea.

As mental ideas go, that was an absolute cracker.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Meant to add how thick is the boy saying ‘big deal. They’re buying tickets for a PPV game’. 

It’s on the bbc ya twat. 

Yeah that was a proper facepalm moment when reading it, maybe that's why HSL is so tinpot with their fans struggling to understand very basic things 😂

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Meant to add how thick is the boy saying ‘big deal. They’re buying tickets for a PPV game’. 

It’s on the bbc ya twat. 

They really are a dense bunch of muppets. 😁

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s on the bbc ya twat. 

a Dick Gordon moment there 🤣🤣 he made the same mistake yesterday lol before Preston had to correct him

34 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Who knows ?

They were both that hard of thinking that they decided that voting Hearts into the same league as them, giving them zero chance of winning it, would be a jolly spiffing idea.

As mental ideas go, that was an absolute cracker.

Well Dundee and Ayr can't try it as we don't go back there 

32 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Brilliant read 😂

I had a look. It shows the gulf between those that think things through and those that don't.  

Edited by niblick1874

I know the real purpose of this was a one finger salute to the likes of Dundee, Raith, Ayr, Dunfermline etc, but that it is now getting under Hobo skins makes it even sweeter.

To the poster who thinks thousands of Hearts fans paid RRFC money to watch recent game then I think he has vastly over estimated it.

Rrfc may claim record numbers but how much of that was down to a maroon pound I think was very little, small hundreds if lucky.

They had just beat us a few days b4 and their own support would be up for this game and supporting their club.

2500 hits on the 'dodgy Facebook' stream tells you where the vast majority of Hearts fans 'watched' this game....most of these hits would have more than one viewer, and there was more than one 'dodgy stream' or ways of watching without paying RRFC.

51 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This is a brilliant read. https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?350685-The-biggest-away-support-EVER!&p=6459659#post6459659

Desperately trying to convince themselves we’re a diddy championship club😂

I sometimes wonder about hibs fans.......then I remember they are hibs fans and that's all the answer I need.

I mean, the boy who says that null and void would have been to the detriment of all of Scottish football! what planet do these plums live on? they voted us down to the detriment of their own team! imbeciles 

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

It was displayed during the payment transaction onscreen.

I see.  I missed it.  No matter, they are one of the good guys. 

Felix Lighter

Last summer we said when the Caley game came around we'd do the right thing by them, great to see we are as good as our word. Well done everyone.

:bravo:

Does this mean we’ll be THE FIRST team ever to virtually sell out a stadium? Has anyone ran this past H1b5? I mean they’re THE FIRST for everything, right? Don’t want to tread on their toes 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

East Fife are one of the good guys anyway having voted the right way in the initial vote. 👍

Nice one!

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I know the real purpose of this was a one finger salute to the likes of Dundee, Raith, Ayr, Dunfermline etc, but that it is now getting under Hobo skins makes it even sweeter.

To the poster who thinks thousands of Hearts fans paid RRFC money to watch recent game then I think he has vastly over estimated it.

Rrfc may claim record numbers but how much of that was down to a maroon pound I think was very little, small hundreds if lucky.

They had just beat us a few days b4 and their own support would be up for this game and supporting their club.

2500 hits on the 'dodgy Facebook' stream tells you where the vast majority of Hearts fans 'watched' this game....most of these hits would have more than one viewer, and there was more than one 'dodgy stream' or ways of watching without paying RRFC.

I have managed to watch every away game (bar one) on the internet on various dodgy sites and not paid them a penny.  I don’t know anybody that has paid.

Instead we put extra into FOH but obviously would of paid for ICT and would for Partick etc.

the Raith claim wouldn’t be hard as can’t imagine their record would have been difficult to of beaten in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Last summer we said when the Caley game came around we'd do the right thing by them, great to see we are as good as our word. Well done everyone.

:bravo:

I will second that, well done Jambos

5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Does this mean we’ll be THE FIRST team ever to virtually sell out a stadium? Has anyone ran this past H1b5? I mean they’re THE FIRST for everything, right? Don’t want to tread on their toes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well in their defence ..... second half May 2012 Scottish Cup Final they probably had the biggest virtual support not seen at Hampden!! 😉

9 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Think that one goes to Marine v Spurs.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Think that one goes to Marine v Spurs.

Cup tie so spurs fans paying half to their own club. We giving it all to ICT

We, as fans, never cease to amaze when the rallying call comes. Even if we only sell 6k tickets, which is probably on the conservative side, at an average price of £7.50, that’s £45k to ICT. Would be good to know the correct total in due course.

Certain clubs will be raging and that makes me very happy. Am I still bitter? Bloody right I am. ♥️♥️G♥️

17 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

aye, they were also the first team to Hibsit as well 

Shanks said no

To add some context on what we are achieving here, there was some Ayr bloke on the BBC at half time on Friday night. Their own fans have been fundraising and he had a cheque for £10k. According to the Record article below this is an ongoing thing and they raised £45k last year.

We have raised somewhere between the two figures for another club in 24 hours.

Shame Ayr didn't have the foresight to be our friends as well.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-fans-donate-another-23352459

Previously bought a £10 one, 

then I thought where else can I get a warm fuzzy feeling for a £5 so bought one of those also 😎 ticket  was 5564 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s on the bbc ya twat. 

No-one has dared to correct the twit on .net

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

No-one has dared to correct the twit on .net

I think someone has. Probably went unnoticed amongst their seethe.

21 minutes ago, assessor said:

Cup tie so spurs fans paying half to their own club. We giving it all to ICT

It's not officially a ticket so im sure it all went to marine. Could be wrong tho.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Mister T said:

It's their greatest hits of big bad hearts. Nice to see poppy thiefs is still up there 😂

😂 always makes me laugh that one. Considering we did sort out the lady Hague fund and some 😂

these thieving tramps just don’t get it